[Drama 2014] Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation (감격시대)

estrellita1122

Question: When was the time when Jung Tae possessed you? 
Hyun Joong: The scene when Ok Ryeon died and I ran out. I don't say vulgar words usually but at that scene, I ad-libbed many many vulgar words. It was covered up by music later on. (Laugh) 

(trans by @501wangja
(credits to @duddnjs0606 / @chocolatdaleKHJ)
-----------
[KHJCMF]Fancam 김현중 Kim Hyun Joong KBS감격시대 *Making of after Ok Ryeon's death*

Cr. KHJCMF Fancam

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That moment Jung Tae just lost it after Ok Ryeon died in his arms, I had a feeling Hyun Jung oppa has had some sort of "deeper character internalization," I almost couldn't reconcile him to the flower boy role he played in Boys over Flowers. And I was right.
This guy has matured right in front of our eyes, it's amazing.

When I hear people say, "you're doing a good job," it makes me want to work even harder.
file.php?id=15431
HJ: When I hear people say, "you're doing a good job," it makes me want to work even harder.
Through IG, my attitude toward acting has changed. I fell deeper into the charm of acting. The drama made me think, 'ah, acting is fun.'
Despite circumstances, the actors didn't waver at all & instead encouraged each other. If not for them I think the drama won't be able to air.
There're many times when I felt 'I really made a good decision by choosing 'Inspiring Generation'. I literally feel 'inspired/touched'.
Credit Sports WorldTranslation: AlienPrinceKHJ

Kim Hyun Joong Talks About Facing Drama Competition with Kim Soo Hyun file.php?id=15411

Kim Hyun Joong revealed his thoughts on having competed with Kim Soo Hyun through the dramas airing on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
In an interview that took place in a café near Samcheong-dong, Kim Hyun Joong confessed how he felt when he compared the viewership ratings of KBS 2TV’s The Age of Feeling and SBS’s You Who Came From the Stars.
About acting as ‘Shin Jung Tae’ in The Age of Feeling, he said, “I did everything that I could. I poured my everything in to the point that I wouldn’t have made it to 25th episode.”
Despite Kim Hyun Joong’s enthusiastic performance, The Age of Feeling recorded a relatively low viewership rating, because it faced You Who Came From the Stars, which reached 30% ratings. 
You Who Came From the Stars began airing earlier and already had a set amount of viewers when The Age of Feeling started.
The reporters asked Kim Hyun Joong if he watched You Who Came From the Stars starring Kim Soo Hyun, who is in the same agency.
He answered, “I watched You Who Came From the Stars. I also watched Three Days with Park Yoo Chun. I watch them even if they are competing dramas.”

He continued, “I don’t know why, but the competition wouldn’t have been so fierce if they were two movies. Movies are seen separately but dramas that air at the same time are so competitive with one another. I felt like viewership rating almost causes conflicts. I don’t know how exactly the viewership ratings are generated but I don’t put much meaning to it. Sometimes I didn’t understand why viewership rating is used as an indicator for success.” 
“I don’t put much emphasis on viewership ratings. I’ve received a 3% rating for Playful Kiss and being aware of the ratings didn’t help me at all to focus on acting. So I decided to put everything down for this drama. I honestly told them that we can’t beat You Who Came From the Stars and it would be good to just maintain the viewership rating. Once I put things down, I was able to love my character more. I only thought of my character and nothing else,” said Kim Hyun Joong.

Meanwhile, The Age of Feeling aired on March 5 recorded a viewership rating of 12%, ranking number one out of all dramas airing at that time, after You Who Came From the Stars ended. 
Photo credit: NewsenSource: Mwave Enewsworld

Let's pray for all the passengers/crew/staff/rescuers/survivors and the family (of the people on board) of SEWOL...

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"Song Jae Rim's Words That Couldn't Be Saidsong-jae-rim-what-he-couldnt-say-in-the-

Song Jae Rim, What He Couldn't Say In the Interview

Actor Song Jae Rim was sincere but fun.  He was different than the "Generation of Inspiration" and the character of Mo Il Wha and led a friendly interview vibe.  With the content of the article and the flow, they weren't able to lead the entire article but it was too much to bury.

Cut, Cut, but All 

While filming the last scene in "Generaiton of Inspiration", they were talking about the last episode and how they wanted to wink scene towards Shin Jung Tae (played by Kim Hyun Joong) as he expressed his passion.  Because it was the last scene, his condition was good too.

I Don't Know Whether The Staff Were Playing Hard To Get

He was asked whether it was hard to come back after retiring from the drama briefly.  At this question, "Shin Jung Tae needed another scene where he would meet other characters.  He was out at a certain moment and just think that he came back to the right scene.  The interviewer said, "A brief break made Mo Il Wha's presence be left even strong."  He replied, "Yes.  In some ways, it was the staff playing hard to get" and smiled widely.

I Thought There Would Be A Tick Disability 

This was the answer to the question where they thought it was hard to keep the Mo Il Wha style with one eye closed.  Even during the interview, he shook his head because of his hair and said, "I think this habit occurred because of this.  I actually don't like this thing at all" and expressed his hardship.

▲ It's Better To Sweat At The Sauna

While talking about the action scenes in "Generation of Inspiration" he said that he was not flexible in real life and he didn't like using his body or sweating.  Even at home, he liked reading and he liked things that he could do alone such as swimming instead of collaborative sports.

IT's To Help

In the battle scene with Shin Jung Tae on the 17th episode, he responded that he didn't know that Mo Il Wha would lose.  This was a definite scene that was needed in the "Birth of the Battle."  The main character is Shin Jung Tae and Mo Il Wha had to lose once so that Shin Jung Tae would meet even stronger people in the process.  Even hearing that it was a supporting role, he said, the act of a supporting role is that he was loyal.  As much as he saw Mo Il Wha was a strong presence, he said that this might be a reflective reaction.  "I think she really delved into his emotions."

I Don't Imitate Well But You Know The Feeling, Right?

He said, "I learn from everyone on the set" and said that he liked to observe.  He showed each and every quality of Sul Doo Sung (played by Choi Il Wha) and Wang Baek San (played by Jung Ho Bin)'s expressions, the breathing technique of Poong Cha (played by Jo Dahl Wan) and the actor Song Gang Ho's lines.  Especially with a low tone, he said that he was Do Koo and said it in the tone of Do Koo (played by Um Tae Koo) and made a perfect impersonation.  A tthis time, the interview scene turned into a personal talent show.

They Need To Live Alone 
He said that he wanted to get married when he was around 36 years old and said that he needed to work hard until then and save up money.  He laughed saying, "No need to make someone else's daughter suffer if I can't make money until then.  I need to live alone."

Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

Let's pray for all the passengers/crew/staff/rescuers/survivors and the family (of the people on board) of SEWOL...

class="entry-title" style="font-style: normal; border: 0px; font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif; font-size: 44px; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 20px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 54px; color: rgb(64, 64, 64); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"‘Inspirating Generation’, production company is cutting the pay by 50%star-city1.jpg?w=700

News arises again due to the pay delay by production company for KBS drama ‘Inspiring Generation’. On 17th, Inspiring Generation actors’ agencies received mails from production company saying they will only be paying 50% of the original fees and asked their agencies to confirm. The production company claimed that this decision is reached after discussing with the respective agencies, however the agencies denied this statement.

The main content in the mail sent by Inspiring Generation’s production company is to ask actors to confirm that they are only receiving 50% of the pay and they cannot give any objections afterwards. The production company said that if the actors had any requests after singing the deal to receive 50% of pay, they will have the right to pursue and press charges. The company also expressed that the deal of only receiving half the pay was suggested by some of the actors after they came to understand the financial difficulties of the company. Currently they are still working hard to raise fund and will be able to settle the delays payment shortly.

However, agencies who received the mails denied the deal from Inspiring Generation’s production company. One representative from one of the agencies expressed that they have never suggested to cut the pay by 50% and they have never heard of such a measure previously. Right now, the production company’s way of treatment to counter the delaying payment is either by paying only 50% or delay the pay infinitely. But by doing so, it is an act of breaching the contract.

Source : StarHallyu

Let us pray for all involced in the SEWOL incident... Pray for a miracle that rescuers will save passengers...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest BananaEatU

Hi, I was curious if anyone knew what the piano instrumental was in this drama. In Ep. 2's bridge jumping scene at the end. I'm dying to find out what this track is! It's gives me a sense of inspiration whenever I listen to it and wished it played more often during the drama.Thanks!

Guest blink19

anyone here has the mo il hwa gif when he blink at so so in the last episode...can you please share the the gift/ link... thank you

IG FM & Showcase in Yokohama | May 31 2014Credit as tagged

IGFM7.jpg
IGFM8.jpg

Afternoon Session
Tweets from illublue for @loving_khj-HJ just arrived ... Waved to fans-All in black - shirt, jacket, pants . White line in middle-That new group ID performing-Im Su Hyang singing-More ID intros..-ID have sung at least 3 songs so far...?!-Yay HJ out againIGFM1.jpg
IGFM2.jpg

IGFM4.jpg
IGFM6.jpg

IGFM10.jpg
IGFM9.jpg
IGFM11.jpg

IGFM12.jpg
IGFM13.jpg

IGFM18.jpg
IGFM19.jpg

credit luv4015@lovingkimhyunjoong.com

• 5 weeks later...

[2016.06.29] IG Premium Fanmeeting - Beijing

VENUECredit: 金贤重资讯台
file.php?id=16184

file.php?id=16185
Credit: Henecia-宇宙熊猫
file.php?id=16186
KHJ flowers support from fansCredit: 金贤重吧官方微博 

INSPIRING GENERATION PRESS CONFERENCECredit: weibo小双韩流票务 http://t.co/aGaR8BfLk8"file.php?id=16187
* cast Kwak Dong Yeon, Joo Dayoung, Yoon HyunMin, Kim Hyunjoong and one other attended the FM

file.php?id=16191
credit as tagged

INSIDE THE VENUECredit: @loving_khj:file.php?id=16188

file.php?id=16190credit as taggedfile.php?id=16192Sea of green at HJ IG Beijing FM Credit: 愛賢之深重_蘭

The Fan Meet starts

FM starts with HJ singing
Credit as taggedfile.php?id=16193
10497506_643390009090394_132949802985188
more pics below:

file.php?id=16194
file.php?id=16196
@khjbelinda: HJ says he caught a flu... cr: 小双韩流票务 
file.php?id=16197
file.php?id=16198
file.php?id=16199
file.php?id=16200
file.php?id=16201
file.php?id=16202

HyunJoong Oppa with HyunMin Oppafile.php?id=16195

file.php?id=16203
file.php?id=16222
10453108_643390169090378_236235696996177
10505250_643390185757043_804953141098151
file.php?id=16207
9b4fd-img-26580d9c9190bd3a609e75d5c89924
80b56-img-16c30b5f088023c98f4a889c520e44
I don't know what they are doing but it is funnyfile.php?id=16225
file.php?id=16226
@loving_khj: When MC suggested doing exercise, HJ recommended YHM, who in turn got HJ to be his asistant & did this #^.^# 
551cd-img-246f8a6c7b5a28e09c731747978aa5
this one is just too CUTE!

HyunJoong looking over Kwak Dongyeon with Joo dayoung in between themfile.php?id=16213

Yoon HyuMin, Kwak dongyeon, Joo Da Young and Kim Hyunjoong857a6-img-f85156f966ef0bcf05698e0275bfb4

Joo Da young looks so prettyd97e2-img-b979a3f34f0ffdd0a85e53f832047b

[2014.06.25] Kwak Dong Yeon is KHJ's Look-a-Like

@501wangja ‘Radio Star’ Kwak Dong Yeon “Mistaken due to resembling appearance with Kim Hyun Joong” http://m.news.naver.commail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fm

eets Credit: 감격시대: 투신의 탄생 @Inspiring_Age  ·  Jun 25
Actor Kwak Dong Yeon Mislead Fans During 'Inspiring Generation' Shooting as Kim Hyun Joong Look-a-Like.Kwak Dong Yeon: During our first day of shooting. KHJ's fans were waiting outside and when I passed through them, they thought I was KHJ and I was chased for about 1km.Watch the full 'Radio Star' episode with Kwak Dong Yeon here http://www.tudou.comCredit:'>http://www.tudou.comCredit: Betty_Henecia  via DeannaDsc
June 25 evening broadcast of MBC "Golden fishery-Radio Star"25日晚播出的MBC《黄金渔场-Radio Star》Kwak Dong Yeon: During our first day of shooting. KHJ's fans were waiting outside and when I passed through them, they thought I was KHJ and I was chased for about 1km.

@AlienPrinceKHJKwak Dong Yeon: “On IG’s character profiles shooting day, some fans came running from afar thinking I was HJ hyung.”mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.twimg.com%2Fm

@Inspiring_AgeKwak Dong Yeon: During our first day of shooting. KHJ’s fans were waiting outside and when I passed through them, they thought I was KHJ and I was chased for about 1km.Watch the full ‘Radio Star’ episode with Kwak Dong Yeon here http://www.tudou.com
@501wangjaKim Gura talking about Hyun Joong on Radio Star *all screencaps by duo_多夺朵惰 on weibofile.php?id=16106
file.php?id=16107
file.php?id=16108

Kim Hyun Joong and casts of ‘Inspiring Generation’ greet the press in Beijingfile.php?id=16296

Organised by Beijing TianMeiHengYuan(TMHY) Culture Media, KBS drama ‘Inspiring Generation’ held its first fanmeet in Beijing(China) on 29th June. Korean heartthrob aka male lead Kim Hyun Joong, along with co-stars Yoon Hyun Min, Joo Ta Yeong and Kwok Dong Yeon, attended the press conference and greeted the local medias.file.php?id=16297

The actors first introduced themselves and their respective roles in the drama. The casts were all smiles when asked about their impression of their first trip to China.
Yoon Hyun Min said “I’m happy to be here, I’m glad to see many fans welcoming me at the airport and hotel”.
Joo Ta Yeong expressed that “This is actually my second time here in China, I have attended a film festival here before. I like it here”.
Kwok Dong Yeon then said “Before I came, I was worried that China might differ a lot from Korea. But now it seems like the two countries are rather similar”.
Want to find out more about ‘Inspiring Generation’ fanmeet and know all the funny answers from the casts?

Tune in to Korea.com!

Nice FanMeeting, so funny !!!

glad to see the younger cast !

i like JSY, she doesn't behave as a fangirl in front of her coworkers, she has personality, and she has a huge impact on them. HJ was so impressed of her natural beauty and her acting !!! I haven't saw him like this since BOF. He even protected her and helped her from haters!

i remember he said in a interview about their first kiss, it was to comfort their heart. wonder if he comforted his heart with some girls in real life?! sad, because it is not a mutual love!

my fave videos !!!

they look like in a movie!

Fans Spent a Memorable Night with Cast of “Inspiring Generation” in BeijingSource   http://en.korea.com/blogcredit:  babyvfan | July 01, 2014 2:31 pm
VyLFxAF.jpg
Despite of the hot weather and scorching sun, fans from mainland China, Hong Kong, Korea, Thailand and more flocked to Theater of The Beijing Exhibition Centre for Kim Hyun Joong’s ‘Inspiring Generation’ fanmeet. Alongside Kim Hyun Joong, co-stars Yoon Hyun Min, Joo Ta Yeong and Kwok Dong Yeon also took the stage to meet the fans.
Sk03c8k.jpg

The fanmeet kicked start with Kim Hyun Joong singing the OST song ‘If Tonight Passes’. Since it has been a long time since Kim Hyun Joong last came to China for a fanmeet, fans screamed hard as soon as Kim Hyun Joong appeared on the stage. As light deems, green colour light sticks filled up the theater and fans sang along with Kim Hyun Joong.
tYrbfDH.jpg

After the opening song, Kim Hyun Joong and his ‘rival’ Yoon Hyun Min sat down with the MC and had a talk session. The talk session was definitely a joyous and entertaining one with fans bursting into laughter continuously.
Highlight #1 – A hip like Kim Hyun Joong’sWhen asked about what type of work-out routine Kim Hyun Joong follows to gain such a hot body, Kim Hyun Joong recommended that Yoon Hyun Min who was once a baseball player to show the audience some work-out moves.
Yoon Hyun Min humorously said “I don’t think girls will look good with the type of muscular body that Shin Jung Tae has”, causing a round of laughter from the fans. Instead Hyun Min suggested a back kick move for girls, which helps to tighten the hip area, with Hyun Joong as the illustrator.
ehTLB0Z.jpg

After doing for a few times, Kim Hyun Joong commented “I feel my hip is really tightening, it feels harder now. When I was young and did something wrong, my teacher punished me and asked me to do this. I haven’t done this ever since”.
Yoon Hyun Min continued by saying “If you were to do this exercise often, you will get a hip like that of Kim Hyun Joong’s”.
Upon hearing this, Kim Hyun Joong remarked “But I feel that it won’t look nice too if a girl were to have a hip like mine”, causing even more laughter from the audience.
Highlight #2 – Friend vs wife / Mother vs wife4D prince is at his work again! Who will Kim Hyun Joong save if both his friend and wife fell into the water? Kim Hyun Joong give no hesitation and said that he will save his wife. However, that is not how people plays it in China. MC said that “In China, we are always asked which one to save if both your mother and wife falls into the water”.
While fans were wondering who will Kim Hyun Joong save, he gave a unique answer that “If both of them fell into the water, I will jump in too and die together“.
On the other hand, Yoon Hyun Min said “I will marry someone who is a good swimmer”.
Highlight #3 – 100 vs -100 degrees acting challengeBoth Kim Hyun Joong and Yoon Hyun Min were tasked to act out their reaction according to the temperature degrees instructed by the MC.
Ld68Hbq.jpg

Yoon Hyun Min remarked at the end of his acts, “I feel like I have just acted an octopus“.When it is Kim Hyun Joong’s turn, he asked the MC “Is there even -100 degrees”? MC replied that it’s just that we have yet to been there. Seems like there’s no way for him to escape this acting game!
6KkKJgu.jpg

When MC said 100 degrees, Kim Hyun Joong took off his jacket, making fans scream even louder. Kim Hyun Joong demonstrated -100 degrees by freezing in action like a statue. Looking good even when he freezes in action, it is no wonder that Kim Hyun Joong was crowned the title ‘The Walking Statue’ (under normal temperature)!
zEC71hO.jpg

Moving on from the talk session, a mysterious guest appeared on stage singing ‘Flying Bird’ (direct translation). Turned out, it’s Chinese singer, Liang Chen Kai, who is also the organiser who brought the casts of ‘Inspiring Generation’ to Beijing. The soothing ballad song gave the audience a peaceful state of mind.
As the host of the fanmeet, Liang Chen Kai also presented two gifts to Kim Hyun Joong, a fruit basket to wish him good luck for his upcoming concert tour and a piece of handwritten word art with letters “Believe.Love.Endure.Peace’.
Yoon Hyun Min joked that if Kim Hyun Joong can stick to these words well, he can be the next president of Korea. To this, Kim Hyun Joong denied saying “The chances of me being the president is zero”.
RmTQ4xt.jpg

After a short break, the casts returned to the stage for another Q&A session. When asked to describe ‘Inspiring Generation’ in one sentence, Kim Hyun Joong said “Inspiring” and Joo Ta Yeong said “Generation”. When it comes to Kwok Dong Yeon who was the next in line, he said “Inspiring Generation”, totally summing up what Kim Hyun Joong and Joo Ta Yeong said.
mRIHuOZ.jpg

Before ending off the night, Kim Hyun Joong took the stage again with two more songs, ‘I’m your man’ and ‘Your Story’, bringing the atmosphere to the highest touch.
Korea.com would like to thank Beijing TianMeiHengYuan Culture Media for giving us the opportunity to cover ‘Inspiring Generation’ fanmeeting in Beijing!

Archived