[Drama 2014] Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation (감격시대)

estrellita1122

Guest ManetaT

I just started watching this drama with my sister today and we're already on episode 7.

Well, I watched this drama without any clue as to who were the actors playing the roles. I really thought that the gal who played young Gaya was Park Min Young. I couldnt help but notice the resemblance though I like the beauty of the former much better because she seemed natural to me. I found the young Ok Ryeon annoying. I loved all the action scenes though specially the one with which Jun Tae jumped onto the river and his successful jump on the train. Jun Tae struck me as the type who seldom uses calculated thinking. He seems to me impulsive. Just like what the handsome Leader Mo told him, he loses because he puts too much emotion on his fights. I know it is natural for a drama with this theme but he seems to be always getting beaten up.

I dont know but I couldnt help to wonder why it took so long for him and Dorim Gang to figure out that it was Dog Gou who's behind the killing attempts against Jun Tae. I couldnt understand why it never occured to Jun Tae that Dog Gou could be the man behind all his beating?? He knows how shrewd and cruel and untrustworthy Dog Gou could be and yet... Hayyy.. I dont know why I get so vexed about the whole thing.

Also, Gaya's hatred for Jun Tae is just so silly. So unfounded. I know she's grieving about his father's death but she was just too quick to make her conclusions, her assumptions. Hayyy... I just want her back with Jun Tae. Just that and everything's gonna be fine.

Ah, there's just a lot of good looking guys in this series. Of course, topping them all is Hyun-joong. The others are Leader Mo :*, Soo Ok, Aoki, Shichinchi:*, and I even find Aka attractive. :* :* :*

This series lacks in a lot of things but I find it rather cool. Gaya, Shichinchi, Leader Mo, Aoki and Soo Ok are just so cool. Very, very Cool.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ManetaT

I just started watching this drama with my sister today and we're already on episode 7.

Well, I watched this drama without any clue as to who were the actors playing the roles. I really thought that the gal who played young Gaya was Park Min Young. I couldnt help but notice the resemblance though I like the beauty of the former much better because she seemed natural to me. I found the young Ok Ryeon annoying. I loved all the action scenes though specially the one with which Jun Tae jumped onto the river and his successful jump on the train. Jun Tae struck me as the type who seldom uses calculated thinking. He seems to me impulsive. Just like what the handsome Leader Mo told him, he loses because he puts too much emotion on his fights. I know it is natural for a drama with this theme but he seems to be always getting beaten up.

I dont know but I couldnt help to wonder why it took so long for him and Dorim Gang to figure out that it was Dog Gou who's behind the killing attempts against Jun Tae. I couldnt understand why it never occured to Jun Tae that Dog Gou could be the man behind all his beating?? He knows how shrewd and cruel and untrustworthy Dog Gou could be and yet... Hayyy.. I dont know why I get so vexed about the whole thing.

Also, Gaya's hatred for Jun Tae is just so silly. So unfounded. I know she's grieving about his father's death but she was just too quick to make her conclusions, her assumptions. Hayyy... I just want her back with Jun Tae. Just that and everything's gonna be fine.

Ah, there's just a lot of good looking guys in this series. Of course, topping them all is Hyun-joong. The others are Leader Mo :*, Soo Ok, Aoki, Shichinchi:*, and I even find Aka attractive. :* :* :*

This series lacks in a lot of things but I find it rather cool. Gaya, Shichinchi, Leader Mo, Aoki and Soo Ok are just so cool. Very, very Cool.

@ManetaT

I also love Joo Da Young aka Young Gaya. When she was first cast and I looked her up, I saw that she was in the minidrama Holyland. She was not really memorable in that drama but here, she is awesome. As for looks, hmnnn I guess it is very subjected in people so I am not gonna say who can be prettier but she was certainly pretty in the FanMeet in Beijing!As of the young OkRyeon, I know what you mean, the character and the acting was not really to my taste, but when they became adult and JInSeYeon took over, that character became okay.
as for JungTae being beaten up, haha I agree. He gets beaten up quite often in this series, Kinda reminded me how Paeksa Addeul and Soo in Heartless city gets beaten up bloody and shot at, in every episode. I guess it really is the genre of the drama...

as for a lot of lacking yet still finding this drama COOL. I agree!
anyway happy watching...

@slaura83, hello! Are you a Jin Se Yeon fan? Or on the verge of becoming one? You can go to this Jin Se Yeon thread, if you like: http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2005929/jin-se-yeon-%EC%A7%84%EC%84%B8%EC%97%B0#latest

Anti-spam: I miss this drama. More importantly, I miss Jung Tae and Ok Ryeon! :D

ManetaT

said: I just started watching this drama with my sister today and we're already on episode 7. Well, I watched this drama without any clue as to who were the actors playing the roles. I really thought that the gal who played young Gaya was Park Min Young. I couldnt help but notice the resemblance though I like the beauty of the former much better because she seemed natural to me. I found the young Ok Ryeon annoying. I loved all the action scenes though specially the one with which Jun Tae jumped onto the river and his successful jump on the train. Jun Tae struck me as the type who seldom uses calculated thinking. He seems to me impulsive. Just like what the handsome Leader Mo told him, he loses because he puts too much emotion on his fights. I know it is natural for a drama with this theme but he seems to be always getting beaten up. I dont know but I couldnt help to wonder why it took so long for him and Dorim Gang to figure out that it was Dog Gou who's behind the killing attempts against Jun Tae. I couldnt understand why it never occured to Jun Tae that Dog Gou could be the man behind all his beating?? He knows how shrewd and cruel and untrustworthy Dog Gou could be and yet... Hayyy.. I dont know why I get so vexed about the whole thing. Also, Gaya's hatred for Jun Tae is just so silly. So unfounded. I know she's grieving about his father's death but she was just too quick to make her conclusions, her assumptions. Hayyy... I just want her back with Jun Tae. Just that and everything's gonna be fine. Ah, there's just a lot of good looking guys in this series. Of course, topping them all is Hyun-joong. The others are Leader Mo :*, Soo Ok, Aoki, Shichinchi:*, and I even find Aka attractive. :* :* :* This series lacks in a lot of things but I find it rather cool. Gaya, Shichinchi, Leader Mo, Aoki and Soo Ok are just so cool. Very, very Cool.

Guest ManetaT

@czakhareina

I really love the transition of the Young Gaya to the old Gaya. It was almost perfect. The two of them are able to give the Gaya character that 'I am a strong woman' effect throughout which makes the role more interesting and engaging.

Yeah, Joo Da Young is really pretty. :)

About Ok Ryeon, I absolutely agree with you that the character became more tolerable when Jin Se Yeon took over. I actually think that that is one of the most obvious things in this drama, hahaha.

This is the first time I saw Jin Se Yeon and I find her very pretty specially when she wore that red coat outfit for her birthday which only got wasted because the ALWAYS MISSING-IN-ACTION WHENEVER THEY HAVE A DATE Jun Tae went AWOL. Again. She's just making a pity out of her pretty self for pursuing that one person who couldnt seem to make time for her. (Jun Tae's situation is understandable BUT....!!!!..) She's better off with Soo Ok. They look cute together. Hehehe.

@djappleblush

Hehe. I have actually yet to continue with where I left off yesterday because of student/work duties but tommorow's weekend so I think I'll be able t finish the whole series.

Ah, it has always been a bumpy ride since the beginning. ;)

Guest ManetaT

The episode 8 was such a BLAST!!!

Jung Tae Vs Shinichi

Poong Cha Vs Jap Guards and Kenjo

Hunter Choi Vs Aoki

and

LEADER MO VS GAYA!!!!

WAAAAAHHHH!!! I just died in watching this episode really!! Haha.

This such a great action series with the best fight scenes ever topbilled by such fascinating and ADDICTIVE characters such as Gaya, Leader Mo, Aoki, Shinichi and even the mysterious AKA. They are what really hooked me to this series. Best supporting characters!!

This just got more interesting and I would definitely watch this drama till the end. Bravo!!

Guest ManetaT

Somebody wrote in some blog that he couldnt just imagine why people would stick with 'Inspiring Generation' till its last episode. He also made comments about Im Soo Hyang's stiff face and stiffer acting. He said that thanks to Jin Se Yeon, the drama was somewhat bearable to watch. Ah, he also said that Kim Hyn joong's acting was admirable.

Maybe because + watched this drama without any clue as to who the hell the actors are and just watched it to know its story that I have such a completely different opinion from everything that the blogger raised.

I searched about Im Soo Hyang and she seemed to be a relatively new actress. For me, she did well in portraying the character Gaya although not consistently perfect. Yes, she has such a stiff face and stiffer acting but I think it suited her character. I dont think anybody should expect a completely different Gaya considering the backstory of the character. So yeah. For me, Im Soo Hyang did well (though I still think that Gaya's earlir hatred for Jung Tae's father was SO silly I couldnt believe the director agreed with that).

With Jin Se Yeon, I know the blogger is a fan of hers and I think he is being biased with his opinion about Ok Ryeon. While I commend for making Jin Se Yeon playing Ok Ryeon with a bettter and less annoying acting, but the Ok Ryeon character is such an annoying one. I dont know but maybe because I am not a fan of Jin Se Yeon and it is the first that I have seen her but really, they should have polished Ok Ryeon really well because she's not very favorable for a female lead character.

Inspiring Generation is a drama with which the supporting characters are actually the ones that keep the audience awake. Had it not been for episode 8, I would have stopped watching. Kim Hyun Joong's acting is not really admirable to my taste. Shin Jung Tae didn't always win my symphaties even when he awlways seem to get beaten up. Maybe also because there's just too many supporting actors that they draw away the attention that Shin Jung Tae should be enjoying.

The blogger said that it is not really a super bad drama because of his Jin Se Yeon. Of course, it is not really a super bad drama. I agree with that. It is not a super bad drama not because of Jin Se Yeon but because of its fight scenes and fascinating supporting gangster characters. They are what keeps the audience awake and not the story really.

I apologize for making such a fuss. Some of you may or may not agree with my points. I am just so caught up with tthis series because this is the firast where I get to really focus on the characters and not be biased with my opinion about them because I have no idea about the identity of the actors who played them beforehand. Lee Yo Won is my favorite actress and so I watched all her shows and loved them all but whenever I get to encounter bad comments about her acting or the role she played, I find myself thinking if I truly give praise to LYW's work with her character or I have become too blinded with my affection for her that I failed to see her scratches? Hmmm

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Child actress Kim Min Ha or young Malsook in this drama shared a selfie after her filming done.1526566_269377083216761_1839547460_n.jpg
via TI Ent

• 1 month later...

Jin Se Yeon "Kim Hyun Joong, closest to my ideal type"

‘백마 탄 왕자님’에 관한 질문에 진세연은 “빨리 만나 결혼을 하고 싶다. 지금까지 같이 작품을 했던 사람들 중에는 김현중 선배님이 가장 근접하다”고 말했다. 또한 본받고 싶은 배우에 대해 한치의 망설임도 없이 “천호진 선배님”을 꼽았다.

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201408291033390510

i always had a feeling she likes boys like him ! a nice news ! she is a good actress !

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived