[Drama 2014] Age of Feeling / Inspiring Generation (감격시대)

estrellita1122

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I edited my post I guess after you but his new drama is Two Weeks not Scandal. I don't know why I typed that

Lol thanks. I was working when i edit the post and my internet was bad so i could not search to make sure the drama title was correct but i was doubting it since read the news about his new drama.

Anyway i think that maybe this drama Inspiring Generation could be for the winter so maybe he has a chance to do this one but who know really.

“Kwon Sang Woo” Is Considering “Inspiring Generation”

kswp.jpg

So like an hour ago, a publication gave the “exclusive” news that Kwon Sang Woo had taken up the role. But like 45 minutes later, his agency clarified that he’s only considering it among other things. Oh well.

For those not in the know, this was a role Lee Jun Ki considered before accepting Two Weeks. Inspiring Generation is a KBS 2 drama set in 1930s Shanghai. It’s based on a manhwa and is an action-packed story of love, friendship and patriotism.

Source: Sports Chosun

Guest sicknine

@estrellita1122 I remember him in Stairway to Heaven and then I watched Yawang. He always take a melodrama role. But this time about China 1930. I expect a taste of Bridal Mask in this :))
Really looking forward for this drama because Korean drama rarely to take this time of year as background :D

@estrellita1122 I remember him in Stairway to Heaven and then I watched Yawang. He always take a melodrama role. But this time about China 1930. I expect a taste of Bridal Mask in this :))

Really looking forward for this drama because Korean drama rarely to take this time of year as background :D

If he takes this role it will be great for him because he will be working on something new and like you said that korean dramas have rarely makes dramas with this year 1930 so will be much better for him

NOOOO!!! i was exicted when i found out he was going to do this role but oh well... I support him in whichever drama he wants to act. maybe HYUN BIN can take the role :x :x :\">

Guest YunRa1430270238

Kwon Sang-woo considering Age of Feeling by javabeans | May 14, 2013 | 42 Comments

kwonsangwoo_128.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo (Yawang) is busily eyeing his next drama project, and rumor has it he just may be the new hero for Age of Feeling. He’s not a final lock and word is that he “has received the offer but has not been confirmed,” with his reps being a bit coy about his decision.

This is good news in that I was starting to wonder whether the show was going to move forward. I’d been intrigued by the premise of this “romantic period action noir” drama and thus bummed when Lee Jun-ki, who was previously in contention, decided to take a different drama instead. But now the drama has got a broadcaster and a timeslot, so all systems are go.

Age of Feeling is set in 1930s Shanghai, and based on a manhwa by the same artist-creator who wrote the Damo manhwa, Park Hak-gi. The description is rather vague—we center around lives of young people and their “love and friendship, patriotism and ambition”—so we’ll have to wait for plot particulars, but it is an unusual setting for a Korean drama, and one that I hope gives it an extra kick of intrigue. The characters will span multiple nationalities—Korean, Chinese, Japanese—and I expect those politics to play a part.

The drama’s time frame is during the Japanese occupation, which may bring to mind last year’s occupation-set Gaksital, but the locale is different enough that I really don’t expect this to be much like that one. First off, no bridal-masked superhero, so there’s that. And while I wouldn’t have picked Kwon Sang-woo over Lee Jun-ki for this drama, given that Lee has already picked a different project I think I can warm up to the idea of Kwon in a period action-melo. I can picture him settling into the period look, and I do prefer him in melo roles (his crying is pretty epic; he and Choi Ji-woo should have a cry-off), so despite not jumping up and down about him, I’m not bummed either.

Age of Feeling will be a Wednesday-Thursday drama airing on KBS beginning in November.

Via My Daily

Lol i wonder whats going to be the real english translation then? i like the title Inspiring Generation more because it makes more sense than the other translation lol anyway this drama looks interesting and its going to air on november on the month of my birthday jijiji

@Dooley_Fanboiice yes i agree with you. This drama has already set what month and what days will air but no news of who are the main leads or the entire cast yet. I wonder who will be the main female lead and wonder if Kwon Sang-woo will take the role or not.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sicknine

I don't think Kwon Sang Woo wanted this drama anymore after reading this news by Dramabeans :(( But the decision is not final, yet.
Kwon Sang-woo in talks to join Medical Top Teamby javabeans | June 4, 2013 | 26 Comments

kwonsangwoo_130.jpg

Kwon Sang-woo is on the hunt for his next drama, and you can add Medical Top Teamto the top of the list, as he has announced that he is considering taking the show and is currently in final talks. That sounds a lot closer to being confirmed than the last drama he was considering, period action series Age of Feeling, which makes me sad because that drama sounds cool but seems to be struggling to find a hero. It should just pull a Gaksitaland cast a non-headliner in the lead, then be so great that he becomes a headliner because of it. C’mon, is that so hard? Now all you have to do is be awesome.

Ahem, but this post isn’t about that drama. Back to Medical Top Team, the new MBC medical show that has attached the PD of sageuk-romance mega-hit The Moon That Embraces the Sun, Kim Do-hoon. The very literal title is exactly what the show is about: a Dream Team comprising top geeeeenius doctors in various branches of medicine, telling stories of their struggles, ambitions, and daily lives being genius doctors. Yaaaawn. Oops, did I say that out loud?

But c’mon, Kwon Sang-woo, you’re killing me with your drama choices. I was all primed to be excited about that other one, but I’m just about medical-drama’d out. Unless the show is working a special angle, they tend to all bleed together in my mind. Kwon would be playing a smart, handsome, confident surgeon whose forthrightness gets him mistaken for a bad boy type, though he’s actually warm and kind and perfect, yaaawn. Oh I did it again, didn’t I?

The decision is not yet final, but it’s sounding like there’s a pretty good chance he’ll take it. The drama will be a Wednesday-Thursday show that will follow Two Weeks, which puts its premiere all the way in October.

Via E News 24

@sicknine wow this drama its sufferimg on finding a male mai. Lead. The drama sounds very interesting but now i am wondering if its something wrong with the scrip/plot that no one is taking the main role? Or its the payment too poor?? Well we still have little hope for him to take this role but i am starting to think he will not

Guest aemi

@estrellita1122, I seem to remember reading that the drama deals with colonial themes of Japanese occupation/aggression... I'm not sure Hallyu stars would want to risk offending the Japanese market by starring in this kind of drama. The situation reminds of when Park Shi Hoo rejected Gaksital for the same reason.

aemi said: @estrellita1122, I seem to remember reading that the drama deals with colonial themes of Japanese occupation/aggression... I'm not sure Hallyu stars would want to risk offending the Japanese market by starring in this kind of drama. The situation reminds of when Park Shi Hoo rejected Gaksital for the same reason.

• 5 weeks later...

Kim Hyun Joong considers accepting a lead role in a new KBS drama

Actor and singer Kim Hyun Joong has been suggested for the lead role of

Shin Jung Dae in a new KBS drama series, The Age Of Impression, and is

considering accepting it. A representative of his agency, Yang Keun Whan, said

in an interview with Starnews today that Kim is giving positive consideration to

accepting the offer of a role in the series but hasn’t definitely confirmed that

yet.”

Kim was supposed to appear in the drama series The City Invasion, but the

project was canceled, so he had no choice but to postpone further appearances in

TV dramas.

The Age of Impression is based on a graphic novel by Bang Hak Gi. The

story is about love, friendship, patriotism, and the desires of young people

living in Shanghai, China. It will start airing in November.

starnews ,

Archived