EDM - Electronic Dance Music

Guest EJM

looks like edm is booming nowadays with dubstep and prog house being at the forefront of all this.

what do you listen to? who do you listen to?

i personally listen to mainly minimal/techno/tech house, electro house, and trance/trouse
some of my favourite djs are: carl cox, dubfire, diplo, hardwell, above & beyond, ferry corsten, cosmic gate, deniz koyu, shogun, benny benassi, fatboy slim, and lotsssssss of others

• 2 weeks later...

Ones that I like a lot of their material are: Armin van buuren, Nervo, Kaskade, Zedd, Above & Beyond, Knife Party, Dash Berlin etc.

Others , I like their stuff but not enough tracks to be considered my favorite.

Also, although Foxes isn't a DJ, her vocals are amazing and perfect for edm. Even her non-edm tracks are amazing. 
Same goes for Ryan Tedder's vocals, although he's also a great producer.

• 1 month later...
Guest ikweli

kaskade, avicii, tiesto, krewella, a little bit of armin van buuren and afrojack.some others but only a few of them. these are just what i have all over my playlists
im starting to get into those vicetone remixes, damn some of them are good. i also listen to some dubstep but they have to be "right" and fixed in mixes for me like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZE4rAlfY5s
god that sounds awesome. but i listen to the full songs of each of them and i get a headache, its a little weird but thats how it is for me.

someone listen to Vicetone vs Nico Vega - Beast (Radio Edit) and let me know if its good or alright

• 2 months later...
Guest babiivivi

AvB is my ultimate favorite
above&beyond, shogun, ferry corsten, arty, myon & shane 54, kaskade, shm, dyro, laidback luke, avicii, nicky romero, fedde le grand, tiesto, madeon, otto knows, third party, dirty south....and the usual suspects

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wakii

armin, dash, a&b, w&w, datsik, tommy trash, lbl, madeon, dirty south, bingo players, shm, hardwell, alesso, vicetone, dvbbs, diplo, carnage, project 46, panic city, clockwork/RLgrime, kaskade, morgan page, subfocus, downlink, calvin harris, and others i can't think of right now.
i like a lot ._.
i think dash and a&b are my favorite trance dj's live. besides that, madeon, hardwell, alesso, dirty south, bingo players, and morgan page are all really really good live. clockwork too! and of course laidback luke and calvin harris. swedish house mafia's last tour was the best night of my life though.
vicetone, project 46, and panic city have great remixes.

• 5 months later...

Avicii, Calvin Harris, David Guetta?? LOL, American kids these days! @krrypton @ikweli @babiivivi @wakii
16bb2b58913978d28271fa5e9314e5fc78af13bd

My top:  1. Armin Van Buuren 2.  Kaskade   3.  Tiesto 4.  Shogun 5.  Dash Berlin 6.  Paul Oakenfold (the fact that he hasn't been mentioned here yet is appalling).  

• 1 month later...
Guest babiivivi

speedredefined said: Avicii, Calvin Harris, David Guetta?? LOL, American kids these days! @krrypton @ikweli @babiivivi @wakii
16bb2b58913978d28271fa5e9314e5fc78af13bd

My top:  1. Armin Van Buuren 2.  Kaskade   3.  Tiesto 4.  Shogun 5.  Dash Berlin 6.  Paul Oakenfold (the fact that he hasn't been mentioned here yet is appalling).  

Guest Krrypton

^ true. Whats wrong with Avicii? @speedredifined I think he's awesome! If you dont then at least dont comment upon it. Armin van burren's no better than Avicii.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived