SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

Guest Prize Paing

SM email audition is real ? I sent email with photos & mp3 file though they don't care me . (Hi everyone I'm Crystal 23years old a new member in here. I just wanna ask you about of SM audition.I know my age is too late for audition. But I can't forget yet my dream. I was 11 years old I sang karoake in my mon's friend home almost everyday.She always told me you can sing as like a adult & she told my mon your daughter can be a good singer one day.I can write lyrics since I was 13 but I can't play any instruments.I really wanna learn playing guitar & drum. But you know when I was adult 18 years old my parents didn't allowed me to sing . They want me to be a engineer that's why my high school marks can got in engineering universtiy.I'm educated in february 2014 .Now I learning some engineering drawings & japaness &korea & English that I need to get job.But I can't really forget my dream you know this is too difficult for me. Well can you give me any ideas for audition? I sent online audition to SM but there have some wrongs.I sent email but my singing file isn't mp3 but I didn't know I though they didn't received my email so I sent again.But it wasn't mp3 .So I sent photos& mp3 file maybe 3 or 4 times. But they never replied me . One girl who knew about of SM audition replied me to wait their reply within 3months but this is long 2months ago so I don't think email audition is not real.Or May be my talent wasn't good.So how should I do??? This is my photo.How?

I just wanna upload my singing though I don't know how should i do so sorry for that ,Ahhh my voice is look like a boy voice .I like to rocking & rapping that I can.)Can you give me any idea?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest melontea

I was wondering what would happen if you got called to an audition (say you "passed" the email audition) and get to the further stages. Is aprental consent required? Say you finish school and have enough funds to go the actual auditions, will they not sign solely because your parents don't approve?

Guest huari

Anyone under 18 needs parental consent I think, dont quote me on this because ive never spoken with someone thats actually made it to the further stages of an audition process. You might be able to ask someone who is a resident in Korea to be your guardian (This is just my theory). If you finished high school, then you should be over 18 and you can decide yourself without parental consent. My theory is only based on knowing friends who have gone to study in a country by themselves (Under 18). Whether the guardian is needed is up to SM as you are living in their dorms anyway. Again, might not be true as you could live with your family in Seoul if you are willing to travel to training everyday. If youre under 18 youll have to convince your parents im afraid.

Guest mflowblue

Haha age is always a problem, too young and its hard to leave school, too old and you dont get a shot at debuting xD

• 3 weeks later...
Guest exoticbubble

ooookay so everyone is talking about the new sm girlgroup huh? i'm looking forward to their debut but i'm wondering if it's now too late to audition for another sm girlgroup? i'm 92-line and i bet they'll debut a boygroup first, maybe in 2-3 years and in 4-6 years a girlgroup and that means i'm already too old to debut or become a trainee. T_T should i try for another company or would you stay with sm if you were me? 

i wanted to finish school first so i can focus on my dream better and don't have problems with school or drop out of school but it seems that this decision has good and bad sides. sm always was my first choice and it still is because i think i as a person fit better into sm than other companys. it's not like i wouldn't go for other companys but i always had sm in mind and always focused on am and now it seems like the doors for ppl my age are closed now. i don't know what to do. is sm still a opportunity and worth a try or not?

Guest sarahkc

@exoticbubbleHi, in my opinion I think you should go to another company, because if you stay in SM, you will wait and they will not choose you because when they debut a group, you have to be young because like this you can be for many years on stage ><Besides, if you go to another company maybe you will debut earlier! (if they do a girlgroup)Are you already in SM?

Guest exoticbubble

@sarahkc nope, sadly i'm not a part of sm. i wish i was, but i'm not. 

maybe i'll try audition for sm though but i'll go for other ents too. maybe jyp, cube or fnc idk. i really wish they would debut a "older" group around my age in future but this is the era of kids debuting and shaking their asses in front of the camera. and the trend is the younger the better so yeah, i'm a ahjumma right now xD i think it's a bit unfair to sort out the people born 1990-1993/1994 because we're still young and have dreams like the younger ones but in the end it's not our choice and we have to accept that. reminds me of that one girl in baby kara who was already 23, i really liked her and wished she would make it but in the end she lost against a younger girl which also was (in my opinion) not so talented like she was. 

Guest sarahkc

exoticbubble said:

@sarahkc nope, sadly i'm not a part of sm. i wish i was, but i'm not. 

maybe i'll try audition for sm though but i'll go for other ents too. maybe jyp, cube or fnc idk. i really wish they would debut a "older" group around my age in future but this is the era of kids debuting and shaking their asses in front of the camera. and the trend is the younger the better so yeah, i'm a ahjumma right now xD i think it's a bit unfair to sort out the people born 1990-1993/1994 because we're still young and have dreams like the younger ones but in the end it's not our choice and we have to accept that. reminds me of that one girl in baby kara who was already 23, i really liked her and wished she would make it but in the end she lost against a younger girl which also was (in my opinion) not so talented like she was. 

do anyone have any tips for what company i can go?

@sarahkc  @justanaverageguy did you already try audition for a company?

Guest justanaverageguy

exoticbubble said:

ooookay so everyone is talking about the new sm girlgroup huh? i'm looking forward to their debut but i'm wondering if it's now too late to audition for another sm girlgroup? i'm 92-line and i bet they'll debut a boygroup first, maybe in 2-3 years and in 4-6 years a girlgroup and that means i'm already too old to debut or become a trainee. T_T should i try for another company or would you stay with sm if you were me? 

i wanted to finish school first so i can focus on my dream better and don't have problems with school or drop out of school but it seems that this decision has good and bad sides. sm always was my first choice and it still is because i think i as a person fit better into sm than other companys. it's not like i wouldn't go for other companys but i always had sm in mind and always focused on am and now it seems like the doors for ppl my age are closed now. i don't know what to do. is sm still a opportunity and worth a try or not?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest SMProdigy

안녕하세요!

So today, I attended the SM Monthly Audition in LA, USA!!!

And I will now share my experience with you guys :D

My memory is SUPER CLEAR so you guys can trust everything I say below :)

So first, I got to the building like at 1:54 p.m. (on the 3rd floor) and the door opens at 2:00 p.m. so I waited for 6 minutes and there was already 4 people waiting outside. Then the lady, who will be the judge in the audition room, came and open the door for us. On the counter will be a stack of registration papers. You just take one and a pen and fill in all the info, when you are done you just give it to the lady (remember to sign at the signature blank xD) and she'll tell you to wait until she calls you. I was the first one the turned the paper in (shame on me -_-) so after about 15 minutes she called me in with 4 other people as the first group. And the TV playing SM music was too loud -_- so I couldn't warm up (quietly) properly :(. By when I was called in there was already 20 people in the waiting room! My group was me, two other girls who is older than me -_- and two tall - really tall dudes. The lady lead us inside the waiting room, it looks like a practice room -- mirrors on three walls and posters in the back wall. We lined up along the blue tape against the posters wall. The camera was those small rectangular ones - which I find interesting xD, it is set up on the table the lady sits.  Firstly, the lady will call your name and give you a sticker number and then might ask several questions to some certain people to clear up what might be vague in the form. Next, she will ask if anyone had attend an SM audition before. She will then explain how the audition will works: 

1. Introduce Yourself - You say your NAME, AGE, and then YOUR STICKER NUMBER. Next will be your SCHOOL and GRADE (If Not In College Yet) and state your TALENT (sing/dance/rap)

2. Show Your Talent - If you are singing or rapping then you will recite the chorus or highlight of a song (there will be a rare chance of you being ask to sing a different song) If you are dancing then it will be free-styling to a random song played (you will be instructed how to not cross a certain boundary so the camera can get a hold of you ^^) 

Something was different this time. In other experience blogs I read about said that you will have to stand in front of a seperate tape near to the camera. This time we just stay where we are and the lady will just position the camera towards you. I was first in line (the order goes from left to right) so I went first. I introduced myself after the lady gave a cue (a really weird cue lol) and sing a song (you can stop whenever you want-but don't sing the whole song lol). After I finished the lady fixed the camera to the next person in line and gave him a cue and so on. After everyone finished we did the rhythm test to Britney Spears's "3". We were instructed to clap to the beat or just freestyle (staying in one spot because there isn't even space xD). Luckily, I knew the song so well (A Britney Spears Hardcore Fan) so I knew the beat and how it goes and clap proudly ^^. So if you know the song, in the beginning there will be claps at the beat -- very easy anyone can do this. The guy next to me start freestyle clapping and did unnecessary but impressive claps to the beat. Everyone else including me just clapped to the simple beat :) After that the lady explained to us how it will take 2 months for a response if you pass the audition (and how they even text you now xD) and if you didn't get any response you are welcome to come back and audition again. She also told us about an incident that happened at KCON -- that there was a man, white and Caucasian, his name is >•< I can't remember well but it is like Bernie or something and he is DISGUISING AS AN SM SCOUTING PERSON AT KCON - And unfortunately was kidnapping girls...They have reported him but haven't caught him yet :3 Yeah...So just something to warn ya

SO IF YOU GUYS HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE ASK ME FOR THE UPDATED AND TRUE INFO :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ahnsooj

if you're taking the singing audition, you should try doing a powerfull song. make sure you're the loudest among the others. that's what catches sm's attention for the first stage of the audition. you should prepare a high note song too. since last year i went to audition and made it to the callbacks.

at the first audition, i was asked to stay and they asked me if i could sing another song, something louder than my first song. and at the callbacks, they asked me to sing a high note song. since i didnt prepare anything, i went blank. i know. lame right. make sure you guys dont make the same mistake like i did~ good luck people!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ahnsooj

ahnsooj which songs did you prepare?

i sang lee hyori's miss korea, but like a version of mine. and i forgot what i sang for the callbacks :D

• 2 months later...
Guest blurredvision_stv

Ahh, this thread was so interesting to read. ^^ If anyone is still here, I'll be going to the monthly audition in L.A on the 19th of this month (in 4 days!) for my first ever audition for SM. Wish me luck.(: