SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

Guest UNICORNx_x

I want to audition too! I'm a Singaporean though. But I'm a chinese. Anw, I want to ask if SM would accept me... I sang it when i was having a sore throat so yeah.. And idk how to record sounds so i guess my voice sound more muffled than usual... Also pls help give some audition tips! :D Pls listen... And give comments! >.< (P.S Pls look at my picture and see if SM would accept me if I look like that.. I have a bit of pimples here and there though)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W95DLUsqy4&feature=plcp 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest babyybearr

Okay so I'm from Philly (Philadelphia, PA) I plan to drive up to Englewood, NJ August 4th for the audition. I'm 20, may look younger in person because that's what I get all the time. And I know I'm terribly mixed a lot I just don't know exactly what. It gives me headache trying to figure out my family tree. Although all my life since I was a newborn, I was considered to be Asian. I used to be made fun of for being Chinese when I was in kindergarten-first grade. I'm going in for Commercial Modeling, thanks for the tips. I've already always known to stay with a natural look. Although some agencies like the fact if you have your own unique style, so thank you for the clothes advice as well. I'm just taking a risk either way, the worst they could do is not want me. Whatever, I'll try other places, But, uh, I was wondering if they'd mind not knowing what my specific nationality is. 
I know like My dad is Polish his side of the family comes from Sweden and Germany. And then they branch off some more. My mom is also Polish, but she's also Russian. And then my family branches off more from there. I've been approached and asked what ethnicity am I because I confuse people with my looks. That I look not full white, but not full Asian either. I've been going along with it all my life, till this day I still do because I don't know what I am. It's just easy for me to learn languages; I'm trilingual in English, Polish, and Japanese. I can understand Chinese and some Vietnamese because my boyfriend and his family his Chinese/Vietnamese. I can understand some Korean too, because I have Korean friends. Even then they say I'm more Asian than them. I just hope they don't mind me not really knowing what I am.

Okay so I'm from Philly (Philadelphia, PA) I plan to drive up to Englewood, NJ August 4th for the audition. I'm 20, may look younger in person because that's what I get all the time. And I know I'm terribly mixed a lot I just don't know exactly what. It gives me headache trying to figure out my family tree. Although all my life since I was a newborn, I was considered to be Asian. I used to be made fun of for being Chinese when I was in kindergarten-first grade. I'm going in for Commercial Modeling, thanks for the tips. I've already always known to stay with a natural look. Although some agencies like the fact if you have your own unique style, so thank you for the clothes advice as well. I'm just taking a risk either way, the worst they could do is not want me. Whatever, I'll try other places, But, uh, I was wondering if they'd mind not knowing what my specific nationality is. 

I know like My dad is Polish his side of the family comes from Sweden and Germany. And then they branch off some more. My mom is also Polish, but she's also Russian. And then my family branches off more from there. I've been approached and asked what ethnicity am I because I confuse people with my looks. That I look not full white, but not full Asian either. I've been going along with it all my life, till this day I still do because I don't know what I am. It's just easy for me to learn languages; I'm trilingual in English, Polish, and Japanese. I can understand Chinese and some Vietnamese because my boyfriend and his family his Chinese/Vietnamese. I can understand some Korean too, because I have Korean friends. Even then they say I'm more Asian than them. I just hope they don't mind me not really knowing what I am.

Guest Jennii_cho

could I post a link of a cover, showing my face, here and could you guys comment if you think I could make it or not ? I really wanna audition but I'm scared >_<

Guest xaria2729

So I sent in a registration email for SM's Youth Star auditions... I just received the confimation email and I have a few questions:

Does everyone get one of those emails? (If so, why the need of a picture)

No makeup is the way to go, right?

Do I have to sing? (I applied under dancer)

Do they give application forms there? (they asked for one, but the website ones don't work)

If I do have to sing, what do you suggest I sing to? (I can sort of rap, and my voice is okay singing... not strong though)

I'm only a quarter Chinese... So could I still become a back up dancer? (Since it's unlikely I would be an idol)

And does anyone know if they would pay for me to go to Korea if I got accepted? (lol I need to convince my mom to let me go)

@Xaria2729: 1) No, you only get one if the place your auditioning for is having auditions soon.
2) Yes, no make up is the way to go.
3) Yes, they give application forms there
4) Sing a song that best fits your voice
5) As long as you look Asian, you have a chance
6.) I'm pretty sure they wont, unless they decided they that want to, but we'll just have to wait for callbacks at this point in time
If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

Guest angelahoyuet

Hey guys! I have a few questions after the youth audition,
hope you can help me out >.<

1. Do SM send you a e-mail to reject (or you know those auto. e-mails) after the Global audition? 
2. What's the callbacks like? do they just call you and tell you to go to this location blah blah blah?
3. Did anyone receive callbacks already? o.o

Thank you~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest asuka1430291743

I'm part Caucasian part Japanese, will that worsen or eliminate my chances of getting into SM entertainment?  I was talking with a previous trainee of JYP and he said being mixed was a good thing but I'm still not sure if it is especially for SM.

Guest michiko~

@asuka: that's the same with me, except chinese not japanese c: that's really cool that your friend said that! i was thinking about that too.. apparently at the most recent SM auditions the judges were paying more attention to mixed auditionees :s but i'm not 100% sure if that's true..

Guest asuka1430291743

michiko~ said: @asuka: that's the same with me, except chinese not japanese c: that's really cool that your friend said that! i was thinking about that too.. apparently at the most recent SM auditions the judges were paying more attention to mixed auditionees :s but i'm not 100% sure if that's true..

Guest michiko~

asuka

said:

michiko~

said: @asuka: that's the same with me, except chinese not japanese c: that's really cool that your friend said that! i was thinking about that too.. apparently at the most recent SM auditions the judges were paying more attention to mixed auditionees :s but i'm not 100% sure if that's true..

Guest Celestra

@angelahoyuet
1. For the Global Auditions? I've heard that SM does send out rejection letters a month or two after the audition takes place. Not sure about Youth Star, though I'm thinking it's probably the same deal.
2. Yup, according to this one girl on YT, she was told to come back the next day for a second audition at the hotel that the judges were staying at. She was asked to sing more songs and dance, basically.
3. I've read that people have been receiving callbacks already for the Youth Audition, although I dunno for sure.

@asuka
I don't know for sure, but I think it really depends. Do you look more Asian or Caucasian? If you look more Asian/have Asian features, I think you have a chance. There's a lot half-Asian/half-Caucasian people where I live, and usually they tend to resemble one race more than the other.

Guest asuka1430291743

michiko~ said:

oh, well that's still good! :Dthat's exactly what i was thinking. they always seem to want to appeal to a bigger audience but i've noticed that south korea does seem like a very homogeneous ountry c :/ 
a lot of the idols have been debuting in japan which is good though! and exo has some chinese members i think (i'm not a huge fan of exo though so i don't know for sure hehe)
wow, it's honestly like you were just reading my mind :o and i agree, so many of the artists in sm look eurasian ^^
good luck to you too!! i really hope so <3 c:

Guest marygrace1999

Hie everybody. I really want to audition for SM ENTERTAINMENT but i have question can someone answer me. Maybe some of you think my question are stupid but im just the kind if person who really wanna make sure if im doing this right or wrong..SORRY..

My name is Mary Grace and i am 13 years old this year i was born in Philippines( im a pure Asian) but last year my family moved to europe. 2 years ago i started liking Kpop sinse then i really like to be and artist in KOREA.

1. How can i audition just by email i really dont know how.I  dont even know where should i send it.

marygrace1999 said:

Hie everybody. I really want to audition for SM ENTERTAINMENT but i have question can someone answer me. Maybe some of you think my question are stupid but im just the kind if person who really wanna make sure if im doing this right or wrong..SORRY..

My name is Mary Grace and i am 13 years old this year i was born in Philippines( im a pure Asian) but last year my family moved to europe. 2 years ago i started liking Kpop sinse then i really like to be and artist in KOREA.

1. How can i audition just by email i really dont know how.I  dont even know where should i send it.

Guest eissacau

Hey ya'll, 
I'm thinking about going to the Chicago global auditions in 2013. 
yeah I know it's early but I just wanted an opinion on my video.Please please leave comments and critiques on my vocals and I guess anything else that would pertain to my chances for my audition.
thanks you guys, I REALLY appreciate it :)