Quantcast
Guest ginaaax3

SM Entertainment

Guest missGiang

Woww...I'm sooo excited yet nervous o.O Are auditions lke early in the morning or later..Because my voice sounds really bad in the morning LMFAO

But I guess I'll have to warm up, warm up and warm up wouldn't I?

AHHH I'm so nervous and it's 2 months away --'

*sigh* you're nervous for 2 months away?? that's lucky!!!! mine is exactly in 23 days!!!!!!!! talk about nervous!!!!!!!! lol ^O^

anyways..

GOOD LUCK!!!!!~

I'm guessing you're going to the one in LA, where and when is it exactly? no info on the site.

Guest ah_po

What's wrong with your skin? hahaha

Use whatever you are comfortable with, and English might impress them too because they're trying to make bOA, TVXQ, SUJU all speak in English, so English is a plus for being top inAsia. hahhaa

but i live in america. my english have to be good, or at least okay.

for everyone dancing part~~ indivisually or w/ the group you audition with?

i live in atl and truthfully i have kinda souther accent... lol

so should i go w/ korean? or will it be better bc im different?? is the Q&A long?? is it before or after the audition??

bo banna

Guest poofie

1.Im singing godbye by janice wei lan im questioning if thats a good idea?

2. Do you know any good sites that tells you how to freestyle?

3. For the eybrows mines are short and kinda every where i was thinking about making it skinnier the width of it that is but idk what do you think?

My sm audition is the last day of september...

So im preparing as hard as i can, but my singing voice for goodbye the high pitch when she says "you" is not as strong as hers and im trying to match the pitch right. So if you could pm me your answers i would very much appreciate it.

i think this prob has been answered and asked already xD

and i thought i posted it before but can't find it...

how long will we be singing?

i believe some ppl said 2 mins and some said 30secs? or something like that.

can someone clarifiy that for me plz?

^ It's 30 seconds. But it depends I guess if you're first and you ahve more time.^^

and I have a question...

Do you think it's a good idea to act out a scene from Full House? It's the scene where SHG finds the ring somewhere in the grass and Bi is all like "I told you to throw it away" and everything..and then they fight over it and then SHG bites him on the finger...then Bi tells her to get out of the house...you know..and like it's from where she comes in the room and like says. "What are you doing?" and Bi's like " Get out of the hosue.." and etc...you know..do you think it's good to play out that part?? or is there another scene that somebody recommends?

^ It sounds like a good scene! To tell you the truth, i never watched Full House. :X dont bash on me, hahahha. yeah im pretty crasy lOLs. but anyways. judging from what you just said, the jist of it sounds pretty good to me =) i have one too! maybe we can show each other :] cos i think im recording it soon so i can get ppo's opinions or somethingg. =) goodluck!!

Singing Duration

i think this prob has been answered and asked already xD

and i thought i posted it before but can't find it...

how long will we be singing?

i believe some ppl said 2 mins and some said 30secs? or something like that.

can someone clarifiy that for me plz?

^ It's 30 seconds. But it depends I guess if you're first and you ahve more time.^^

According to the information provided by ginaaax3 it is 30 seconds, that is the time limit given for auditions held in Korea or US i guess since there are many people. In the Malaysia auditon it was 3 minutes per person because there were less people and they had more time.

About Final Auditions

Reading some posts earlier, i read that SM will tell you whether or not one has made it three weeks after, but on smtown.com, it states that the final auditions are going to be held about one week after the preliminary. could it possibly be different in the states??

Maybe in US there will be a final audition since there are so many contestants. However, in the Malaysia audition there were only 200 people, so they said they'll inform the contestants after 3 weeks if they are chosen.

Dancing & Free Style Dancing (Rhythm Test)

^^ for the last part, when you said everyone dances to their music...do you mean at the same time or individually? o.Ocause it'll be kinda cool for everyone to dance at same time but then again..it won't probably happen right? o.o

^I think it is everyone. I think they're looking for people who stand out more and impress them right away.

Wait - the rhythm test is two whole minutes?! T-T Aish, the humilation ~ I thought it'd be like a short little thing where you just sway to the music.

^If you apply for dancing, it's the whole song that you will be able to choose, however, if you don't apply, then they will choose a song and play it for 2 mins and EVERYONE has to do it.

for everyone dancing part~~ indivisually or w/ the group you audition with?

Is everyone required to dance?

I have a question tooo. Im just kinda confused.

I`m going for acting & Dancing. & i just read that

you have to dance to a whole song? I thought it was

just about 30 seconds. x_0 Can someone please

tell me which one? cos i have 30 seconds, & if i need more

i need to know now so i could add more moves & all that jazz.

thanks beforehand! :]

PM From miss_xchunsah

Is there an audience of ppl in the room watching you while ur singing or acting or dancing?

and the rythm test..

u said that they turned on some music and u have t just dance wih the music like freestyle right?

do they do that separately one-by-one person?

and...

and as i heard from other ppl...sometimes they use their own music and ask to dance...and other say that u bring ur own cd to dance to...so which one is it?

First of all, EVERYBODY MUST DANCE (free-styly dance/rhythm dance) no matter what category you apply for.

Anybody who applied for the dancer category have to dance for one whole song, the music can be a cd that you bring by yourself or use any of the SM cds. In the Malaysia audition, there was a lot of time so people who applied for the dancing category have to dance for one whole song. The duration in US may be shorter.

After all audition for the category of singing, acting and dancing is over, every one has to do free-style dancing (rhythm test). Everyone will have to dance to a music that they play for 1 minute (the time may be shorter in US). Every contestant in the room have to dance together at the same time (10 people at a time). As mentioned by Hitorijime they are looking for people who stand out more and impress them right away.

Acting Duration

So when you're acting... do you or can you stop on your own or do they have to stop you.? Like you do your part..and jus stop and say thank you or your doing your part and they say ok... you know.. I hope i didn't make it too confusing><

You stop when you finish. They give about 2-3 minutes for you to act. If you exceed 3 minutes, then they will stop you.

Audition Queue Number

Oh and I was wondering about this for awhile. For some of us that have school the day of our audition, but we also sent an email application to SM, would we still be the firsts to go in or would we have to wait in line, regardless of sending an application in because we were late?

I guess you'll have to wait :)

PM from SweetObsession

I have a question about the audition. I know it might be different for each country but oh well. When you auditioned, were you in a room with the judges and no one else or were you on stage singing in front of the judges AND the other people auditioning?

The audition was held together with 20 people other contestants in the same hall all at the same time. I was performing in front of the judges and together with everyone else in the hall. There were no stage, just standing in the middle of the hall (like a big room).

Guest ginaaax3

So when you're acting... do you or can you stop on your own or do they have to stop you.? Like you do your part..and jus stop and say thank you or your doing your part and they say ok... you know.. I hope i didn't make it too confusing><

You stop when you're done <3

Oh and I was wondering about this for awhile. For some of us that have school the day of our audition, but we also sent an email application to SM, would we still be the firsts to go in or would we have to wait in line, regardless of sending an application in because we were late?

I Think you have to wait in line to get a number, then you wait until they call your number.

Woww...I'm sooo excited yet nervous o.O Are auditions lke early in the morning or later..Because my voice sounds really bad in the morning LMFAO

But I guess I'll have to warm up, warm up and warm up wouldn't I?

AHHH I'm so nervous and it's 2 months away --'

Everybody's voice isn't good in the morning (well maybe good but not the best), and as time goes you're voice gets better. I saw on start survival, that a group of auditioners fell asleep inthe bus, and the JYP guy yelled at them saying "are you carzy? your voice gets clogged if you sleep then sing." so yeah.

1.Im singing godbye by janice wei lan im questioning if thats a good idea?

2. Do you know any good sites that tells you how to freestyle?

3. For the eybrows mines are short and kinda every where i was thinking about making it skinnier the width of it that is but idk what do you think?

My sm audition is the last day of september...

So im preparing as hard as i can, but my singing voice for goodbye the high pitch when she says "you" is not as strong as hers and im trying to match the pitch right. So if you could pm me your answers i would very much appreciate it.

That's a good idea for sining, for freestyling, I'm sorry I don't but go to Youtube and watch BoA SUJU and those dancers dance, and you can ger ideas. And about your eyebrows, I'm not sure cause i don't know how you look so id on't know if'tl match

Guest dailycandyaddict

hi, I have two questions about the auditions regarding actors:

1. Do we have to perform the monologue for 2-3 minutes and then stop or do we stop when we reach the end or our monologue? Cuz I remember reading the previous answers and then getting confused.

2. Does our monologue have to be in Korean or any other Asian languages? Can it be in english?

Thanks for answering in advance and GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!!!!

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

^

1. you perform you monologue and stop...i hope that makes sense to you >.<

2. i think any language is fine...but korean is prolly preferred...

Guest dailycandyaddict

thank you so much!!!!!!!!!! it really clears things up for me

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

lolz...no problem ^^

anytime ^^

These are some questions that w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu asked me in a PM. I think these may be some of the things that most people would like to know coz my buddy w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu seems to be one of the champion who post the most in the SM Auditon threads ;)

Is it true that they dun like it when ppl use hand motions when singing?

Well, the camera person was motioning the contestants not to use hand motions when singing. But this wasn't the Malaysia Audition.