SM Entertainment

Guest ginaaax3

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xxzone2zonexx

^ you just have to send in one, but the part that asks you what ur specialty is, is where u put what ur auditioning for

Guest appledapple

okay so...*nervous chuckle* what do you think they would do if a caucasian person tried out? would they even let you try out? and, what are the possibilities of getting called back for a second audition? lol...of course, i dun know if anyone can answer this....lol. but what do you think they would do?

If you would be showing up in the US at an audition site you would have to be allowed to try out because of anti-discrimination laws we have here.

However, they don't have to accept you, of course...and, if you're not fluent in Korean or Chinese they could easily have that be their reason. Also, it's a talent audition and if you don't the role they're trying to cast, easy to reject.

I would show up anyways if you really want to, though...There are other companies to try out for, but of course it's always going to be hard as a non-Asian (hell, until recently it was hard for anyone not Korean period to be looked at )

If I made it through the auditions and they told me to get surgery I'd say the same.

I REFUSEEEE TO GET SURGERY... friggen koreans and their low self esteem and issues.

if you sing well enough you dont cough *need* surgery..

But yeah, I'd rather quit being a singer than go against what I've believed for the past 20 years - that I am against any plastic surgery. Why change who you are so you can get more money....? i duno. people should love you for the music not by your face =]

i am sorry to say this, but this is a korean entertainment agency, not american. you're going to try to get fame in the asia, not america. in asia, many poeple can care less how good you sing, just how good you look. in korea, you need both. in hong kong, taiwan, and japan, just looks and you're there.

i am sorry to say this, but this is a korean entertainment agency, not american. you're going to try to get fame in the asia, not america. in asia, many poeple can care less how good you sing, just how good you look. in korea, you need both. in hong kong, taiwan, and japan, just looks and you're there.

The Korean music industry is no exception. For example, look at Hyori. I love the girl but most people can agree she's not very talented at singing. She's still very popular & is probably regarded as one of the top female "singers" in the Korean entertainment industry. Honestly, good looks helps no matter what. It's much easier to succeed with just good looks than just talent. In the end, entertainers with both looks & talent tend to make it much farther than those with just talent or looks.

My response is totally off topic, haha. x:

Guest SophiaSan

well i'm planning to audition for

singing and dancing xD

when you dance do you just bring your own music to dance to?

do you have to freestyle or like remember your moves before hand?

Guest ginger

How does making your stomach stronger make you a better singer?

Also, where do you go to see Super Junior and The Trax members and Go Ara and other SM people's audition videos? Link please

Singing from your stomach forces you to project much stronger--trust me. I was in a professional children's chorus for years, and *every week*, we had to lie down on the floor and just practice breathing from our stomachs. Then, our conductor would come around and make us sing--one by one--with her hand on our bellies to make sure we were using our stomach muscles to sing. Breathing deeply in your chest isn't as good, because you can't hold notes as long, and the notes usually come out much weaker.

-ginger

Guest JeWeLz x3

i think no one saw my question cuz no one answered it ...-__-

so I'll ask again heh.

if I wanted to do an email audition, what should I use to record w/?

it'd be nice it i could more than one answer so i can choose what would be best for me.

heh I hope someone will answer me this time. ^^

Guest ginaaax3

lolz...MINE TOO!!! ^_^

usually about how many questions will they ask you? and like...how long should your answers be...will there be a time limit for you to answer?

Probably they will ask more than 2, but I'm not sure, and your answer just have to show what you want to say. And I don't think there is a time limit.

um.. im just wondering if u can do a duet with some1. or no??? and pretend that like u did a duet would u both get in or no??? thanxz!

I think you can, but I won't suggest it.

hi.........;;

i have a question that's been bothering me for a long long time...

like im a Christian, (im proud to be) and it says in the Bible you cant do anything to change how you look like... plastic surgery, liposuction, lols you get the point.. but what if someone gets chosen.. and SM wants the person to get plastic surgery... can you say no? or do you get cut right away..? because i cant understand how "plastic surgery" is so common in Korea.. so yeah, i was just wondering..

thanks in advance ^-^

Well, unless they think you're going to make it big with yoru vocal and dance skills, even though you're face is average, I guess they'll put you through, but these days, people like pretty people that can sing, I mean, all those guy groups are soo popular cause they're good looking and can sing, so I don't know if you'll make it through. I mean, plastic surgery isn't that common in Korea, they just do double-eye lids and then BAM people around the world think korea loves to have surgery. You won't get cut right away, but you might.

omg height is probably never gonna be a problem. im SO SHORT like 5'2 160cm and BoA.. she's 155cm. 155-160cm. she's TINY. yet shestill models and stuff. there's no height like requirement. we can't control our height. they won't care weight wise either cause they're gonna make yu lose the weight anyway. so yu're safe.

Height does matter. BoA is a singer, and she just appears to model, but models model, and they have to be tall. Like Go Eun Ah, Go A Ra, they are all taller than 165. So height does matter.

i was wondering, for acting, i was wondering if i should do a crying scene. i could fake cry(w/tears and everything) in 10 secs, so maybe i could show that off? i dunno.

Crying scene would be good if you're really good! You could show that off, but I heard for acting, you have to have some lines from a real movie/drama.

wow...that's impressive O__O...do it! ^^

i have another question...does anyone know how many judges there will be?

I'm not sure about how many judges .sorry

I'm confused about the eyelid thing..why do some people try to make their eyes look bigger? Is that a good thing? ^^? I'm clueless..I think my eyes are kinda big and I don't like them that way..lol

Is there gonna be a Q&A thing?

Thank you, this thread is a big help.

Big eyes make the people look prettier people think, but even if you have medium sized eyes an dit fits your face, then you're good.

Oh u could really cry in 10 seconds with true tears?? really really?? O_O

Well, I have some questions :

- I wanted to apply for singing and acting but I heard that if u can also dance, it is a really good thing, so should I practice a lot and apply for dancing too? but it seems for me that it is a little too much -_- since it is as if i wanted to say 'oh I'm so talented in everything' and it's not what I think >_< or maybe it is too much applications?I can't do freestyle dance , I prefer routine dance, so that's why I was thinking to apply also for dancing but I'm really bad... but maybe with a lot of training, I could do something better. So what's your advice?

- if u sing a slow song, do they dislike it? (I'm better at singing slow songs and to make high pitch) do they prefer something with a more quick rythmn and beat? I know, we have to sing a song we are comfortable with but I'm shared now O_o since it was not my intention to sing a slow song at the beginning ...

No, just apply for singing, if you want to become a singer, you have to dance anyways, so just sing. And about the slow song, I think a song that shows your vocal skills is good no matter if it's fast or slow.

Y'know how they apparently want that innocent, schoolgirl look? So for singers, that 30 second rhythm test thingie, what kind of style are you supposed to dance? Like, I know you can just sway to the beat and clap your hands, but if you actually wanna DANCE, then do you dance like choreographed type moves or do you use those clubbing moves like booty shaking and everything. Cus if you just shake it that doesn't really maintain the 'innocent, schoolgirl' look, right?o.o'

For dancing it's okay, they just want a innocent school girl look for how you dress.

can you apply for more then one thing???

&&

DO you get a confirmation email bak if they like you?

Yes you can apply for one more thing, and I think they call you back if you make it pass.

i have a question!!

um for doing the email audition.

what do you record your voice w/ to send them? cuz yea I have no idea....help please!!!

If i were you, I would go record at a real studio so youc an show how prof. you can be.

so I have all those. and I'm 5'10.5" and 14 [and East Asian]. I would qualify right? but do you have to be absolutely gorgeous? cause I'm average looking. but people say I should be a model. but I'm wayy to scared to go try out >< :(

and another thing I'm scared about is..is there such thing as being overly tall for a model? cause if I became a model and did CFs or whatever I'd be like taller than the guy [if there is a guy in it].

Wow, you're tall for your age! That's good for models! Maybe they'll make you a model that doesn't do CF's, like wlaking down the aisle, but maybe you can do CF's, cause you won't be taller than the guy. The guys are like 6"1 or so. And if your average looking, and you got the skills they'll say OKAY but they might do some surgery, but I think you'll be fine.

I know... it's gettin' kinda awkward for those that are auditioning under dance... SM really like that 'schoolgirl/innocent' kinda thing, but then again... they wanna see if we got rhythm as well?? in other words, we gotta shake it???

^ ^;;... that IS kinda annoying, now that I think about... the looks, you gotta be all innocent or whatever... but when it comes to dancing... seems like its the COMPLETE opposite... I mean, LOOK AT CHEONG SANG JI HEE!!!! they didn't REALLY start off innocent but much... but then DANA was, way before that... but then, as a group... it's a whole different thing...

hmmm... i don't really know what I'm saying... so I'll stop and wait for the answer... ^ ^... so don't really bother to pay any attention to my reply... :P...

For image wise just innocent kind of thing, then dance, do what you want.

Aw, I'm so glad you made this thread!

It really cleared up alot of things for me (:

Well, I have some questions.

And I've been worrying about it ALOT lately ha.

You see, even though I was born in America, I'm really fluent in Corean, but sometimes when I get nervous answering questions, I feel like I'd sound better speaking in English, you know what I mean?

I think I'm going to the LA auditions in September, but when they ask me questions like,

"Why do you want to be a singer?"

I know I can answer well in Corean, but my answer would sound even better in English, LOL.

So here's the question,,

Do we HAVE to answer back in Corean when judges ask questions?

Because I'm Corean, would they rather me answer in Corean or would answering back in English be okay, too?

Oh and also, about the photogenic thing.

What if you're not THAT photogenic, would they cut you off right away?

And when you're singing at the audition, do we have to start at the beginning of the song?

Because I heard that sometimes judges will cut you off during the song out of nowhere o_o;

Aha sorry for the complicated questions, and thanks <3

Is it ok to send pix from a digital cam? :huh:

Answer in both like somebody said =]

Thanks for all the infos

but if your only auditioning for just singing do you HAVE to dance too?

or do you have to sing and do a really really really small dance

I think you should be equal in both sections but a bit better in singing.

My friend wants to sing her original song but its in chinese. Do they allow chinese songs?? She's afraid they won't understand her lyrics...=\

Yeah, Chinese is good.

BLAH. I'm starting to debate against which song I want to sing :X

I had originally picked out 'Take Me To Your Heart', but according to my mother, my voice is more fit for Disney songs, and she told me to sing 'A Whole New World'.

Which do you think would be better? :x

Maybe we should hear you singing first. Cause I dont know how yoru voice is like.

is the song Can't Fight the Moonlight-LeAnn Rimes okay?

That seems like a good song !!

You're allowed to try out for more than one thing, right?

Yeah!

And about the surgery, if they think you hvae to have surgery to make it big, then I would suggest you say yes cause you might get kicked out. But if it's your belief, then I wouldn't say yes, cause it's religion.

How does making your stomach stronger make you a better singer?

Also, where do you go to see Super Junior and The Trax members and Go Ara and other SM people's audition videos? Link please

If you want to see how they tried out, just go to youtube, and you'll find some, and go to naver and type (members name) 오디션

well i'm planning to audition for

singing and dancing xD

when you dance do you just bring your own music to dance to?

do you have to freestyle or like remember your moves before hand?

If you're trying out for a dancer, then you bring in yoru CD, and if you're trying for singer, I think they play the music.

Guest 15;;1/2

Thanks xD

For example, you pass, are they gonna make you stop school and live in Korea or something? How long is the training going to be?

Guest pillowbox

I was at boajjang forum and they said Sm might make you get a korean citizenship to be able to perform on M-net and MBC. & thats why Hankyung havent, and so he doesn't perform there, if you do, you will have to do service.

Is it true?

Guest xnjcx2008

You said the audition is in a big room with judges and others, right? Are the 'others' the participants or everyone who comes to watch? also, is it multi-part? or just sing once and wait for results?

Another thing, if you want to try out for singer, is dancing mandetory? How does it work? After you sing, they ask you to do freestyle?

Ah sorry for bombarding with questions... xP But I'm really interested! Thanks in advance... :D

Guest ginaaax3

Thanks xD

For example, you pass, are they gonna make you stop school and live in Korea or something? How long is the training going to be?

Yeah, you probably have to stop school and go to Korea to train, how else are they going to train you? And the training depends on how much work you need.

do photos HAVE to be Professional?

No, but it's highly suggested, so they think better of you.

I was at boajjang forum and they said Sm might make you get a korean citizenship to be able to perform on M-net and MBC. & thats why Hankyung havent, and so he doesn't perform there, if you do, you will have to do service.

Is it true?

Probably, cause you need that to perform and appear on shows. Now HanKyung appears more often, but I'm not sure if he got the citizenship.

You said the audition is in a big room with judges and others, right? Are the 'others' the participants or everyone who comes to watch? also, is it multi-part? or just sing once and wait for results?

Another thing, if you want to try out for singer, is dancing mandetory? How does it work? After you sing, they ask you to do freestyle?

Ah sorry for bombarding with questions... xP But I'm really interested! Thanks in advance... :D

They make you freestyle if you try out for singing, they play a song then you dance to it.

Guest DennisChen

Hi guys! Thanks for creating this awesome topic! I had a question tho.....I'm trying out for dancing and I heard that you get only about 30 seconds.....so....

(1)Does SM perfer you to make up your own choreo to the music you'll be using or is it okay if you copy a choreo routine?

(2)If they dont mind you copying the choreography is it also not reccomended to choose something from SM (like singing) since they will compare you to the actual artists?

(3)Also, do any of you have any suggestions (music videos, dance battles, etc.) for some good choreo routines that can really make you stand out and allow you to show off your "moves?" I'm thinking about using Flip Reverse...but i dunno......can you guys help me out??

Guest 15;;1/2

Are they gonna be responsible for bringing you to Korea and where you're gonna live there?

Sorry, so many questions. ^^; Thank you

Guest w1f3_0f_x14h_junsu

Are they gonna be responsible for bringing you to Korea and where you're gonna live there?

Sorry, so many questions. ^^; Thank you

if you're talking about expenses and stuff, SM said that they would be paying for everything you need for your debut and afterwards i think...(someone please make sure on that...) but other than that...i'm gonna leave it up to ginaaax3 your question...:P

i think they have hostels cause alot of trainees stay there.

i rmb sth like heechul and yunho being in the same dorm or sth like that.

THANK U A LOT TO W1F3_0F_X14H_JUNSU AND GINAAAX3 TO TAKE SO MUCH TIME TO ANSWER TO QUESTIONS!!!

thank u a lot really!!

good luck to everyone!!!