[Drama 2013] ♔ The Heirs/Inheritors ♔ ♕ 왕관을 쓰려는자, 그무게를 견뎌라-상속자들 ♕

Maja

damondayfreak1 said: august101 said: damondayfreak1 said:

OK, before I read everyone's posts I'd like to write my opinion here.

Is it me or I'm already getting tired of these types of characters? Especially Eun Sang and the jealous girlfriend.

The obvious clichés about the US are also a bit cringe worthy (and I'm not even American). Maybe I'm not watching this series with the right state of mind. But seriously I just can't root for Eun Sang, one of the main characters. Like, she has no real dream, all she has ever wanted from life was to live in the US and benefit from her sister's situation while she doesn't even have a college degree to find a job there and can't even freakin' speak English? She has no job in mind, no goal. She worked very hard just to run away from a respectable but poor mother. And she actually went to the US without giving her sis' a call? She kinda feels entitled to have a piece of her sis' cake, to me. Jealous of her own sister, even. Nobody asked her to work at 2 or 3 jobs, she didn't need it, she decided to do it because she was desperate to leave the country.

Anyway, I'm going to watch the 2nd episode and see where the drama is going...the story might get interesting and I might get used to Eun Sang. I hope the writers have something different to show us than the whole "Americans party all the time, are so wild and take drugs" thing.

Or maybe it's just not your type of drama? Instead picking on every little thing you don't like about it. You aren't the writer and not the only viewer to please. If it's not your type then find something else to watch. I'd not waste my time to watch something I have no interest about.
I watch what I want to. I do have an interest in this drama, not the same as yours.

Now go back to the beauty topic (again). ES isn't describe the most beautiful or breath taking in the story. She is a tomboy who has no time for that. Style? what style? Girl doesn't even have a place to live. Can people even think before picking out stuffs like this?

haha I'm pissing off someone here. Why did you single out that one word from my long post? Eun Sang is just like the average girl, she's not a tomboy. What I meant by style is something slightly different from the stuff all Korean drama girls wear, something that would make me remember her as Eun Sang, not just another kdrama girl. I wasn't saying that she should have worn Gucci clothes or goth style stuff...lol You don't need to spend hours getting dressed to have a style (style doesn't equate "classy" or "posh", it can mean any damn thing on earth). Eun Sang has brought clothes from Korea so it's not like she has nothing to wear.

Guest funtimes

yeah.. one might wonder why Chairman Kim would help ES transfer HS.  Maybe it's to invest in her education?  She'll probably be going as a scholarship student like CY, huh?  Unless they really want to mask her as a rich heiress.. but she has all these PT jobs.  Is that high school Empire High?  Does it belong to the Kim family?  I remember the 2nd wife mention that she heard YD goes to their school when she was talking to Rachel's mom.  It could've been a translation error.  Haha.. maybe Chairman Kim is going to use ES to blackmail KT to go to school and study instead of play!  But she would be more of a distraction if that's the case.  Just kidding.  I don't believe that to be the case (the whole blackmailing).

One thing I was curious about is how CY's father knew that CY met KT in LA.  He casually says to KT that he heard he met his son and then he casually says to CY that he heard he met KT in LA.  lol.  maybe someone is keeping tabs on KT in LA.  Either that or CY's dad was keeping tabs on CY, but that's expensive and highly unlikely.  It could be an overlooked error in the script just like CY telling ES that he was returning the following day and it ended up KT coming back that day and after few days have past (KW hasn't been back for a few days), then CY comes back and goes straight to see Bo Na.  lol. i guess i'm just a little too detailed oriented.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to Wednesday!  All these predictions and unanswered questions should be answered by then!  hopefully.

okay.  end of random ramblings.

Guest august101

funtimes said: yeah.. one might wonder why Chairman Kim would help ES transfer HS.  Maybe it's to invest in her education?  She'll probably be going as a scholarship student like CY, huh?  Unless they really want to mask her as a rich heiress.. but she has all these PT jobs.  Is that high school Empire High?  Does it belong to the Kim family?  I remember the 2nd wife mention that she heard YD goes to their school when she was talking to Rachel's mom.  It could've been a translation error.  Haha.. maybe Chairman Kim is going to use ES to blackmail KT to go to school and study instead of play!  But she would be more of a distraction if that's the case.  Just kidding.  I don't believe that to be the case (the whole blackmailing).

One thing I was curious about is how CY's father knew that CY met KT in LA.  He casually says to KT that he heard he met his son and then he casually says to CY that he heard he met KT in LA.  lol.  maybe someone is keeping tabs on KT in LA.  Either that or CY's dad was keeping tabs on CY, but that's expensive and highly unlikely.  It could be an overlooked error in the script just like CY telling ES that he was returning the following day and it ended up KT coming back that day and after few days have past (KW hasn't been back for a few days), then CY comes back and goes straight to see Bo Na.  lol. i guess i'm just a little too detailed oriented.

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to Wednesday!  All these predictions and unanswered questions should be answered by then!  hopefully.

okay.  end of random ramblings.

thao_2512 said: damondayfreak1 said: august101 said: damondayfreak1 said:

Is it me or I'm already getting tired of these types of characters? Especially Eun Sang and the jealous girlfriend.

The obvious clichés about the US are also a bit cringe worthy (and I'm not even American). Maybe I'm not watching this series with the right state of mind. But seriously I just can't root for Eun Sang, one of the main characters. Like, she has no real dream, all she has ever wanted from life was to live in the US and benefit from her sister's situation while she doesn't even have a college degree to find a job there and can't even freakin' speak English? She has no job in mind, no goal. She worked very hard just to run away from a respectable but poor mother. And she actually went to the US without giving her sis' a call? She kinda feels entitled to have a piece of her sis' cake, to me. Jealous of her own sister, even. Nobody asked her to work at 2 or 3 jobs, she didn't need it, she decided to do it because she was desperate to leave the country.

Anyway, I'm going to watch the 2nd episode and see where the drama is going...the story might get interesting and I might get used to Eun Sang. I hope the writers have something different to show us than the whole "Americans party all the time, are so wild and take drugs" thing.

damondayfreak1 said:

Or maybe it's just not your type of drama? Instead picking on every little thing you don't like about it. You aren't the writer and not the only viewer to please. If it's not your type then find something else to watch. I'd not waste my time to watch something I have no interest about.
I watch what I want to. I do have an interest in this drama, not the same as yours.

Now go back to the beauty topic (again). ES isn't describe the most beautiful or breath taking in the story. She is a tomboy who has no time for that. Style? what style? Girl doesn't even have a place to live. Can people even think before picking out stuffs like this?

haha I'm pissing off someone here. Why did you single out that one word from my long post? Eun Sang is just like the average girl, she's not a tomboy. What I meant by style is something slightly different from the stuff all Korean drama girls wear, something that would make me remember her as Eun Sang, not just another kdrama girl. I wasn't saying that she should have worn Gucci clothes or goth style stuff...lol You don't need to spend hours getting dressed to have a style.

thao_2512 said: damondayfreak1 said: august101 said: damondayfreak1 said:

You know, I really like the change-up in this show -  Young Do, the bad guy, with his quick temper, mean streak and control issues, is the second male lead here while it is Kim Tan, the nice guy, who will get. the girl, whereas in most drama it’s always the haughty, arrogant and cold jerk. It almost feel like a cocky Hanazawa Rui getting Makino.

I think that they’ve both grown up in similar situation with various mommy and daddy issues, suffering from lack of love and the whole experience connected them, made them friends and that’s perhaps also why they are both drawn to the same woman.

tumblr_muy3djcSJE1s8t96qo2_500.png

Even though both of them are damaged each of them reacts to that situation differently - Young Do holds grudge and resents his family, giving up on them, while he gains release from tormenting others  and playing the all-powerful god at school. Yet, he feels insecure and is quick to take offence even envying those little boys who were calling for their mothers to help them. On the other hand, Kim Tan rather puts on a mask of indifference and carefreeness behind which he hides but never stops to be the warm and polite boy he’s ever been. If you think of it you have never seen him lash out on anybody in anger, never blaming anybody for his misery but himself. He says he is too lazy to blame anybody but in fact it’s he who feels blameworthy.

While YD lashes out and takes his wrath out on innocent bystanders KT buries it deep inside and in spite of all the terrible treatment, the pent-up anger and mess that his family is he still hopes to be reunited with them and strives to win his father and brother’s love and approval. 

tumblr_muy3djcSJE1s8t96qo1_500.png