Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

babi_g

Sugar Sugar Rune

has anyone heard of it..?
SugarSugarRunefull21529.jpg

Plot:

In the Magical World, the future queen is chosen by selecting two young witches and sending them to the Human World, where they'll compete to capture the hearts of boys. Whoever has collected the most by the end of the competition is crowned queen.

This generation's Queen Candidates are best friends and polar opposites Vanilla Mieux and Chocolat Meilleure, the daughters of the current queen and her former competitor (respectively). They're aided by their assigned mentor and guardian, pop idol witch Rockin' Robin, and their two animal familiars, Blanca the mouse and Duke the frog.

But the girls have more to deal with than just competing for hearts at school. There's something weird about the cool, mysterious middle school boy Pierre, who resembles the evil king Glace - and he seems to be after Chocolat. Now, both trapped within their own new goals, the two witches must fight their way and retain a friendship which no magic can defeat.

Volumes: 8 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3944

Published by: Del Rey

Anime Episodes: 51

Sugar-Sugar-Rune-just-anime-21094876-128

chocolat-sugar-sugar-rune-10339571-1024-

4692_1225731312.png

I saw the anime episodes 1-16 and then RAW episodes 47-51 (end) and then I tried to read summaries and ask around to get the whole picture.

I think the whole concept of where you steal a person's heart and turn it into a crystal, but the person who you take the heart from completely forgets your feelings for you is interesting and that's what attracted me to it. For a cutie lovey anime it's not bad! =)

And the characters are okay. I just never liked Pierre though...blah!

yes i'v read it too...first, i dont like the artwork...it just like to much 'weird'...but in d end i like the story soo much, its different an interesting to see it...:D

btw cutiek028, is it already ended?? can send me the raw?...i really wanna see it cause in my country they publishing it toooooooooo late...heehehehe.... :lol:

i have completed the anime....and its more like the usual shoujo type where boy-girl lives happily ever after...however the manga is more plottier compare to the anime...

the anime covers like 3/4 of the manga plot...not explaining who chocola's father, how chocola ermm pet companion ( forgotten the exact magical term for it ), Duke is.... basically volume 6 and 7 are the key to unlock the gravy past and volume 8 is the conclusion....

i have yet to get vol 8 from my borders because i think its holding back the vol for me XD... just joking...

actually i am not sure is Viz has already published the English version of SSR yet....so its yet to be at stores i guess

Also, I heard in the manga Vanilla gets a boyfriend too!

It's

one of the two guys who are aways together and liked Chocolat. The one with the whiter skin and brown hair.

=)

I think that's soo cute!

AHHHH!!!

i'm currently watching this! the drawings bugged me at first, but they're O.K

even though i knew from the beginning that this wasn't subbed all the way to the end,

i couldn't stop watching D:!

did they stop subbing this completly? TT_TT.