[Drama 2013] Shark 상어 | Don't Look Back : The Legend of Orpheus

Guest yeohweping

Two episodes in and so far the story really flows smoothly, good job from the director and writer for the good setup they made for the story. If I were to find something wrong so far it would be the fact that the lead male character is too awesome compared to the female lead (I'm guessing the older version will be more balanced in this area) I mean this 17-18 years old guy kicks richard simmons, literally, while the girl is kind of soft for the tone of the story. Anyway I'm looking forward for the reunion scene because I think that's where things will start to heat up, love triangle and all that stuff.
P.S. Really cool looking hitman :) - middle aged guy with a cane whose weapon of choice is a ballpoint pen, what more can you ask of a bad guy :))  

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest atomickitty

poh2408 said: watched ep1 & 2. I love young Yisoo's acting. He looks familiar then i recalled that he was Go Eunwoo in Brilliant Legacy acting as Han Hyo Joo's autistic brother. He sure has grown alot after 4 years. Crying scene when his dad died in ep2 was great...I'm still blur of what his father did in the past, something to do the professor. I have no idea why one of the police (Jung) tried to cover up all evidence for Haewoo's father, didnt show that he was working with Haewoo's grandfather. But from the 2eps, probably granddad tried to kill Yisoo as well and the the Japanese hotel ceo, Yoshimura adopted him later since his Jap surname is also yoshimura. I'm not sure about the connection between the Jap guy and the grandfather. Only know grandfather knows Jap guy's father. Probably yoshimura is also seeking revenge on grandfather.

Guest yellowumbrella

First two episodes and it amazingly got me hooked! Loved the highschool love romance they're having. It just gives me the TWTWB feels ( when Yisoo stepped on the laked) and Missing You ( while it rained and also JaeWoo telling Yisoo "lets be friends:) 
THIS DRAMA IS DAEBAK!

by Staff Writer   May 29, 2013 07:21 PM EDT ic_art_+.gific_art_-.gific_art_email.gific_art_print.gif class="cb b15""Shark" Reason Why Kim Nam Gil Becomes Obsessive Over Getting Revenge

"Shark" Reason Why Kim Nam Gil Becomes Obsessive Over Getting Revenge
(Photo : KBS) "Shark" Reason Why Kim Nam Gil Becomes Obsessive Over Getting Revenge

"Shark" What made Kim Nam Gil burn with rage to get revenge?

May 28, the 2nd episode of the brand new KBS drama "Shark" featured Han Yi Soo's (Yeon Joon Suk/Kim Nam Gil) father Han Young Man (Jung In Gi) getting brutally killed.

Jo Ui Sun (Kim Kyu Cheol), the CEO of the Gaya Hotel Group decides to drive while he is intoxicated and runs over a person. He hesitates and drops his watch at the scene of the accident. When the investigators find this, they make a visit to the chairman, Jo Sang Deuk (Lee Jeong Kil). Jo Sang Deuk promises the investigators that he will give them an opportunity to get ahead in their career. Then, he offers his driver Han Young Man a deal.

Jo Sang Deuk says, "It would be a smart choice to accept my offer. Think of Yi Soo and Yi Hyun." Han Young Man thinks of his children and agrees to take the blame for the hit-and-run accident. However, Han Yi Soo had witnessed Jo Ui Sun running into the house in panic on the night of the accident. He was also sure that his father is not guilty.

Han Yi Soo asks his father, "Why are you trying to take the blame for something you didn't do?" Han Young Man tells Jo Sang Deuk, "I don't think I will be able to do something that I can't be proud of" and tried to break his promise. Jo Sang Deuk becomes angry and orders Han Young Man to be killed.

When Han Yi Soo discovers that his father had been killed, he becomes overcome with anger and sadness. Han Yi Soo is sure that Jo Ui Sun is responsible for his father's death. Right then, a 7-year-old child who witnessed the accident appears, who is taken to the police right away. However, the only response Han Yi Soo gets is disrespect and a slap in the face.

As a result, Han Yi Soo decides to go to law school. He tells Jo Hae Woo (Kyung Soo Jin/Son Ye Jin), "I'm going to law school to become a prosecutor. Then I'm going to catch the person who killed my father and prove that my father is innocent." 

http://www.kdramastars.com

by Joan MacDonald   May 27, 2013 01:42 PM EDT ic_art_+.gific_art_-.gific_art_email.gific_art_print.gif class="cb b15"Five Fun Facts About Kim Nam Gil

Kim Nam Gil

Kim Nam Gil will soon star in "Shark," a new drama about love and revenge. He has been called an "actor's actor" because he is so admired by other actors. Here are five fun facts about this talented performer that you may not know.

He is not afraid to take chances on a role. He knew that a risky role choice early in his career might delay his becoming a star but he took it anyway. In 2006, Kim decided to play a Song Jae Min, a homosexual character in the indie film, "No Regret." The film got great reviews but didn't do much for his popularity. He kept playing minor roles until 2009 when he was cast as a supporting character in the saeguk, "Queen Seon Duk."

The drama became one of the highest rated dramas of that year and as the tragic charismatic Bidam, he was the drama's breakout star. He was so popular that the drama's script was rewritten to expand his role and build up his romance with the queen, even though that romance was not historically accurate. After that role, he was box office gold.

He's a film producer. After he was discharged from the army last year he produced "Ensemble," a documentary about classical musicians who get together to perform in the street.

His idea behind producing the film was to help audiences relate more easily to classical musicians.

"Once you see 'Ensemble', you will be drawn to the seven young genius classical artists who are called together in one world," he said of his film.

His interest in classical music may come from the fact that he plays the flute.

He's an author. He published the book "Way Back to the Road," about two years of his life. He illustrated it with his own photographs.

He learned to skydive for a role although he ultimately chickened out. A stuntman did the scene.

"I did receive skydiving training," he said. "But even though I was enthusiastic about skydiving and believed that I could do it, I eventually said, 'wait a minute!' before they pushed me out of the plane."

He also tap-dances, water-skis and does taekwondo.

Although he was convincing as the player Shim Gun Wook in "Bad Guy," he's not really a bad guy. When co-star Son Ye Jin recently met him for a script reading of "Shark," she expected that he would live up to his "Bad Guy" reputation but she thought he was actually quite "cute."

Although he would like to get married, he thinks women ought to think twice about marrying an actor, no matter how cute he is.

"Being married to an actor is a lonely life," he said.

http://www.kdramastars.com

Hi,
Just watched the sub of episode 2 and you can definitely tell these cops were paid  off mighty. Oh I see the chairman found some corrupted cops to cover his and his sorry richard simmons son wrong deeds. There will always be at least one person who believe something rotten is going on.
Isn't it ironic that the chairman is talking  about the self reflection,  past and justice and injustice. Are we looking at ourselves in the mirror ?
I like how  the story is laid out so that we can  understand why revenge is needed and an insight on how it will be carry out. I am hoping when it starts to happen Yi Soo  will be methodical  and detailed like Lee Cha Don from  IOM  was.
Looking forward to next weeks episodes.

:)>-

I'll explain some confusing parts from episode 2.

The guy who sees the chairman in the beginning is 김희수 (Kim Hee Soo) who is invovled with the group 우리 역사 바로잡기 연구회 (Study group for correcting our history).

Yi Soo's dad drives Hee Soo home, where he then recognizes Yi Soo's dad as "the Shadow". For people who don't know modern Korean history, the government dictatorship of those times would torture its political dissidents. It is safe to assume that Yi Soo's dad was one of those people who tortured dissidents, and he actually tortured Hee Soo in the past, and is recognized by him. At this point, I can also assume that the Chairman was confronted by Hee Soo because he was somehow involved with the dictatorship, maybe with his business, and Hee Soo has the documents that prove it, which is why he talks about "setting history straight".

As for the deal the Chairman and Yi Soo's dad made, it's hard to say. Perhaps it was for him to be responsible for the car accident so his children can be well taken care of. But then he also a crime he wants to confess to, perhaps it was in the documents. He says he wants to confess to HIS crimes, but tells the Chairman he won't rat on him, all while hiding the documents in a locker. So I am assuming that his crimes as well as the Chairman's crimes are all connected.

@X-Japan: Thanks for the explanation! Just curious, when were these times that political dissidents were tortured? Were these people paid off to do this?

I'm finding this show very compelling so far. The child actors are doing a great job! Haven't seen either of the lead child actors before, but they are very good. Found it a bit hard to believe that grown-up Hae Woo didn't recognise grown-up Yi Soo, though... it's only been 12 years. People don't change THAT much...

Also, the dad couldn't have been so silly as to admit that he read the documents to the chairman? Surely he could guess from the contents the type of person that chairman is, and that he would be in danger if found out that he knew about contents?

Seems that they attempt to murder Yi Soo later (the phone booth part), and he somehow survives and is adopted by that Jap guy? He left his sister behind to fend for herself? Oh dear!

Reminded of 1st 2 eps of incarnation of money. Another set-up for a revenge story, it's always some chaebol story. Hehe.

Guest jjsweeter0211

DRAMA RECAPS
Shark: Episode 2

by HeadsNo2 | May 30, 2013 | 

shark2-00346-1.jpg

Wow. Shark really proves its worth this episode, delivering a much darker, much more intense experience that fires on all cylinders and then some. It almost borders on chaotic, since we’re getting so many faces and so many interconnecting stories all at once (worse yet, they all matter), but if the last episode didn’t sell you on the fact that we’re in the hands of a ridiculously capable team, then this one will. All that’s left is to see how well the show transitions into its adult cast.

Ratings-wise, there was a decent drop from 8.2% to 6.7% this round, which is a bit of a shame since this was a better episode than we started with. The ratings pie went instead to Gu Family Book with 18.2%, and to a lesser extent Jang Ok-jung with 10.5%. Shark, fighting!

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/05/shark-episode-2/

Guest julia_lee

yellowumbrella said: First two episodes and it amazingly got me hooked! Loved the highschool love romance they're having. It just gives me the TWTWB feels ( when Yisoo stepped on the laked) and Missing You ( while it rained and also JaeWoo telling Yisoo "lets be friends:) 
THIS DRAMA IS DAEBAK!

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: http://bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=3574

Korean goddess Son Ye-jin gave presents to 250 staffs of her drama

Write: 2013-05-30 15:47:54 / Update: 2013-05-30 18:14:36

lybwgd0c6txaav8jx89ylza.jpg

[by Cho Suyoun] Actress Son Ye-jin prepared gifts for 250 staffs of TV series ‘Shark’ in which she plays a main character.

Actress Son Ye-jin, who is currently playing a role of prosecutor in series ‘Shark,’ prepared some gifts for staffs who always work hard to produce the best episode. Miss Son prepared 250 sets of sunscreen because all the staffs are directly exposed to UV rays due to outdoor shooting. She brought two types of sun block (for skin and hair) and moved all the staffs’ hearts.

In addition, Son Ye-jin gave the present to each one of them with a thanking message and cheered them up while they were exhausted from non-stop working at outside.

One of the staffs said that “Son Ye-jin’s bright smile always brings positive energy to the studio. She always treats all the staffs with sincerity and gets along with all of us very well. We believe that this touching relationship among her and all the staffs produces such a warm episode.”

The ‘Shark,’ which is also called well-made drama among the audience, is aired every Monday and Tuesday at 10 pm on channel KBS 2TV. (photo by Annex Telecom)

I love a good revenge drama, please no Bad Guy ending.
 IS and HW know that the IS is saying that HW father is the hit and run driver. They can try a sugar coat it later but as of episode 2 I believe this to be true. When you grow up in a household like this with such a powerful Gpa and a low life dad you can't possibly fake innocence's about what kind of people they are. You either accept what they are or pretend not to know. I'm saying this going in because I will hate it if they try making HW didn't know a thing and she is just an innocent victim.
HW will at some point in this drama have to choose, 1. her family deserves what they get or 2. please don't hurt my family. Just like he will, 1. making them pay for all they have done or 2.I love the girl so I will let it slide.
From the first two episode's it's is also suggesting to us that IS father is not as innocent as he believes, because I for one am not sure he didn't kill that professor and not the hit man that was in the closet. We know that the YJ guy who adopts IS has his own agenda but he gave IS good advice and that was you can't always believe peoples words.   

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: http://www.tenasia.com/archives/57690

[REVIEW] KBS Mon/Tue Drama “Don’t Look Back” – Episode 1

2013/05/29 by Jessica Kim

2013052919425117835320x.jpg
Scenes from the first episode of KBS’s Monday and Tuesday prime time TV series “Don’t Look Back” [KBS]

KBS Monday/Tuesday drama “Don’t Look Back” – Episode 1 (May 27)

In brief>

A young Hae-woo (Kyung Soo-jin) asks a young Ee-soo (Yeon Jun-seok), “What would you do if I disappeared?” Ee-soo soothes Hae-woo’s lost heart by answering, “I can find you. Because I’ll look for you until I die.” The heartrending flashback of the two suddenly changes scenes to a fully-grown Hae-woo (Son Ye-jin), who is now a prosecutor, getting married. But she is marrying someone that is not Ee-soo. All comes to a halt as soon as Hae-woo, who had a happy smile on her face, turns her eyes toward an unfamiliar man that has entered the wedding hall. And that man’s eyes are on two men – Hae-woo’s father and Joon-young (Ha Seok-jin) who will become her husband. The tips of the man’s fingers tremble gently. But he soon comes to remember some painful memories and his eyes fill up with resentment.

Review>

There is no genre where an actor’s role is more crucial than in melodramas. In that sense, “Don’t Look Back” which premiered on Monday, showed enough potential to being a well-made show. The camera kept a close eye on every movement of its actors. And main stars Son Ye-jin and Kim Nam-gil told quite a lot about the story despite their brief appearances. The slight trembling of the fingers, the exchange of their gazes and the flickering of pupils, were enough to explain the tension that would exist between the two characters.

However, it was Kyung Soo-jin and Yeon Jun-seok, the actors who played the young version of the two main characters, that led the narrative of the first episode of the show. Hae-woo, who grew up in a rich family yet had a supercilious father who was busy making the front page of tabloids everyday due to his scandal with an anchorwoman and therefore, an unhappy mother, one day meets Ee-soo who moves into her house as the son of their driver. In a way, the maturity with which Ee-soo puts up with his difficult life, serves as a pillar for Hae-woo, who had lived everyday of her life as if she was the most unfortunate person in the world. That is how the two gradually build their friendship and love.

The camera tenaciously followed the small moments of trembling shown by these actors as well. And after following the camera that tries not to miss even their slightest movements, the viewer gradually comes to take note of their love story that is as beautiful as a painting. The painful story of their love that will rustle for a bit but then scatter about, has started to be depicted by the tension brought about by such tenacity of the camera.

For chitchat>

- But Hae-woo already marries Joon-young in the first episode. Does that mean there’ll be some sort of affair?
- Son Ye-jin and Kyung Soo-jin are extremely similar. No wonder she got the nickname ‘little Son Ye-jin.’ But Kyung, who plays the teenager version of Son’s character, is actually in her mid-twenties! Only a few years younger than Son who is 31.
- How is it that Ee-soo comes to compare his fate to that of a shark, which has to move even when it sleeps because it has no air bladder?

Reporter. Bae Sun Young sypova@tenasia.co.kr
Translator. Jessica Kim

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>

Archived