[Drama 2013] The Queen of Office / God of the Workplace 직장의 신

Guest facing

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QOO had a good start.

http://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/contents.asp?idx=32953&idxType=News

[Ratings: Mon, 04.01.13] ‘God of the Workplace’ Revvs Up with Good Beginnings

2013-04-02 11:04  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong http://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/c.. icon_copy_1.gif   Yeah, rock that perm, Oh Ji Ho.

A new contender is in the game and it’s looking pretty good so far.
KBS’ God of the Workplace began on Monday night with Kim Hye Soo taking the lead and boldly telling off her superiors , including curly hair, Oh Ji Ho.

The drama started off with 8.2 percent, a good start to what has been pretty tragic with Ad Genius, Lee Tae Baek, which ended below par because all the attention was on Kwon Sang Woo and Jo Seung Woo

Meanwhile, SBS’ Yawang will end on April 2.

52122782.jpg

Monday, April 1, 2013

Dramas

8:15 PM

KBS Cheer Up, Mr. Kim 28.8

10:00 PM

1. SBS Yawang 22.5

2. KBS God of the Workplace 8.2

Variety

1. KBS Hello 9.6

2. SBS Healing Camp 7.3

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielson Media Research

Photo Credit: KBS

Oh dear.  I loved the original japanese drama but it looks like they took a lot of unfortunate artistic license with the korean version.  First of all, I don't like Kim Hye Soo.  I don't think she suits this kind of role.  Especially with the fugly hair style they gave her.  What's with that?  I can deal with Oh Ji Soo's unflattering curly mop over KHS's rug on her head.  
I guess I won't be watching this.

I'm glad that the drama is well received-here more news, my oppa Zio rocks and the rest of the casts also
http://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/contents.asp?idx=33018

God of the Workplace, which aired its first episode on April 1, is based on a Japanese drama that aired through NTV in 2007. It starred such actors as Ryoko Shinohara, Ai Kato, Yo Oizumi and Kotaro Koizumi, son of the former Japanese Prime Minister.

The drama was fairly popular in its time for its comical depiction of a talented contract worker.

13218084.jpg
Six years later, it was reborn in Korea as God of the Workplace, with Kim Hye Soo playing the super contract worker.

Viewers applauded the drama as an acceptable description of the joys and woes of contract workers, and the colorful acting of Kim Hye Soo, Oh Ji Ho, Lee Hee Jun and Jung Yu Mi added to the praise and expectation.

Noh Hee Kyung also recently scored with her own first remake. The SBS drama That Winter, the Wind Blows is based on a Japanese drama titled Love Isn′t Necessary, Summer, and despite the concerns voiced in its production stages, managed to find its way into the favors of viewers.

Officials especially believe Noh Hee Kyung′s way of mixing in Korean emotions without changing too much in the original was what made the drama a success. Add to this That Winter′s stylish videos, Zo In Sung and Song Hye Kyo′s perfect chemistry and such actors as Kim Tae Woo and Bae Jong Ok, and you get a remake that goes beyond the boundaries of a remake.

The remake trend is expected to continue for some time. MBC plans to soon produce a remake of the 2005 Japanese drama The Queen′s Classroom, a drama about an tyrranical female teacher and her students, with Go Hyun Jung is in talks to join the drama.

Remakes have been fairly successful so far in 2013, proving the unique and creative subject matter of Japanese dramas definitely appeal to viewers.

Concerns about the flood of remakes, however, still remain, leading officials and viewers to continue to keep their eyes on whether the boom will soon die down.

Photo credit: SBS, KBS

more news from first ep
http://koreandrama.com/the-queen-of-office-episode-1-kim-hye-soo-begins-her-surreal-existence-in-the-office/

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-the-queen-of-office-jeong-yu-mi-faces-employment-reality-54481.html?cachemessagespoiler=1

http://koreandrama.com/the-queen-of-office-episode-1-oh-ji-ho-meets-kim-hye-soo-again-as-the-contract-worker-of-his-company/

http://koreandrama.com/the-queen-of-office-episode-1-kim-hye-soo-and-oh-ji-hos-hilarious-first-meeting-in-a-plane/

The Queen of Office Episode 1: Kim Hye Soo and Oh Ji Ho's Hilarious First Meeting In a Plane

Posted on April 02, 2013 in drama by Eunsuh00

The Queen of Office Episode 1 Kim Hye Soo and Oh Ji Ho's Hilarious First Meeting In a Plane

Miss Kim (Kim Hye-soo) and Jang Gyu-jik (Oh Ji-ho)’s first meeting was as surreal and hilarious as their relationship later on.

Gyu-jik, on his way back to Korea after a business trip, is intrigued by the First Class seats in the plane. When he is stopped while trying to get into the compartment, he sneaks into the compartment and is dazzled by the luxuries of the compartment.

He picks up a rice cake and says to himself “if I get a meeting with the one who sits here I’ll give our company’s yearly contract to the one who got me to the meeting”.

The owner of the seat shows up, and Gyu-jik is rather taken aback by her outrageously buzzy hair, intense hippie-look and an equally outrageous sunglasses. Gyu-jik is jolted out of his seat by the woman’s charisma, and sheepishly moves backward, putting the last rice cake into his mouth.

At that moment, a turbulence hits, and he is choked by the rice cake. The mysterious woman assaults Gyu-jik, slapping him, dragging him up by his tie, and punching him on the gut in a single, fluid motion.

Gyu-jik shoots the half-eaten cake out, and the cake plasters itself on the glasses of the women. Gyu-jik thanks the woman, and the woman, Miss Kim (Kim Hye-soo), takes off her specs and curtly remarks, with astounding charisma, “throw it away”.

samzz, thanks for the info and pics. Unfortunately i cannot access koreandrama.com. Is anyone having the same problem?

for the eng subbed version, i don't know. probably we have to wait till viki.com obtains the license.

http://english.kbs.co.kr/tv/behind_view.html?tv_code=14&behind_code=1775&page=1
Three Reasons Why You Don’t Want to Miss "The Queen of Office"

• [2013-04-02]
  • The new KBS drama, “The Queen of Office” has been one of the most anticipated dramas of this year with high anticipation it will touch on realistic issues that plague Korean society. Actors Kim Hye-soo, Oh Ji-ho and the other cast as well as crew members will be showing a drama that deals with the subtle conflict at the workplace between non-regular and regular employees, bringing the nation’s ten million office workers in front of the TV. So, what are the three reasons you don’t want to miss “The Queen of Office”?  
The first reason is it will make you laugh. The audience has the right to laugh, especially this Spring season. They say laughter is the best medicine, and people might have been waiting for a chance to laugh away without holding back.   Actress Kim Hye-soo played a loyal and charismatic thief in the hit film “The Thieves”. Can you imagine her shouting with her nostrils flared? Oh Ji-ho was dubbed the king of comedy playing Kim Nam-joo’s husband in “My Wife is a Superwoman”. In this drama, he has vowed to give 100% of his effort into creating laughs, even sporting a curly crop representative of middle-aged Korean women. His character Jang Kyu-jik has the mentality of an elementary school student, but he is the team manager and regular employee.   There’s also a myriad of comic characters like Jung Joo-ri (played by Jung Yoo-mi) who is betrayed by her lover, Lee Hee-joon plays Moo Jung-han who’s messenger name is “I’m not heartless”, Geum Bit-na is the daughter of lawmaker Geum Bae-jip played by Jun Hye-bin, and idol star Cho Kwon plays Kye Kyung-woo who is an extremely polite new employee. Writer Yoon Nan-joong has vowed to write only what’s funny, while the director Jung Chang-geun also promised to make it absolutely hilarious.

• 1775_4729_l.jpg
    The second reason is because it is full of issues.  This new drama has more weight than most of the sitcoms or comic dramas that we’re used to. That’s why it is full of issues.
    Putting a non-regular, female employee as the main character is a new idea in itself. It was something that was never done before. The word non-regular worker has crept into our society in the past couple of years. People started complaining about how hard life has become almost as a habit while couples started putting off marriage because they could not afford it. Newly coined words like house-poor, or jeonse-poor started popping up as ordinary households fell into debt just to buy or rent a home. Korean society has changed rapidly in the past couple of years. The drama will be looking into these changes, not from afar, but from close within. It will be looking at the stories of ordinary Joes, or office workers.   The last reason is empathy.  The main character Miss Kim is actually a character that is hard to come by in our society. However, the work that she does with supernatural strength is usually miscellaneous work like putting the water bottle into the purifier, driving a hydraulic shovel, fixing a broken chair, diving etc. Although she is an unrealistic character, you can think of her like an expert or whiz that live among us. She’s not the pretty boy or girl in the palace, or the son of a conglomerate’s CEO that rose to power in his 30s, or any other character that seems out of this world or only in dramas.   Most of the other characters in the drama except Miss Kim are characters that we could easily see at the workplace.  The reason why this drama is being called a romantic survival drama is because it deals with the everyday environment that we all live in to survive. There may be romance in this drama, but it will not be like other dramas where the characters have no time for work and it’s all about romance.
    The producers also say the drama will be entirely different form the Japanese drama it is based on. They claim that only the subject matter was influenced by the J-drama and the story as wel as other subplots are complete different. They added that all of the characters in the drama have a secret they want to hide which will be an important factor in carrying out the plot. They promised that “The Queen of Office” will be a drama that Koreans will be able to empathize with while laughing and crying with the characters.    

Photo Credit: KBS Media/MI Inc.
    Written by: System Administrator
    Copyright Ⓒ KBS & KBS Media - Illegal reproduction and distribution is forbidden

Guest kpopstar

jeon hye bin always gets small roll..i think its time she gets a leading role..
i need to start watching this drama soon ..maybe since ojric is goin to end =(

larus, unfortunately, not yet.

kpopstar, i thought her face is very familiar in tv, i was surprised to hear that she hasn't played a leading role. wasn't she a lead not long ago? if i'm not mistaken, in yacha? (is that the correct title?)

In the meantime, the Making 7 released by kbs drama;

looking forward to see the rating next week.  SBS and MBC have new dramas. And their soompi threads are pages and pages longer than what we have here!

And next week's  (Episode 3) preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQzYF7na3gM

Thanks kitland!
i just love the interior shooting sets in QOO:
http://blog.naver.com/225ran?Redirect=Log&logNo=20185111778
google transl http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.naver.com%2F225ran%3FRedirect%3DLog%26logNo%3D20185111778

Guest kpopstar

@minah_00 yes shes from yaksa..
its weird how she can get such leading role in that drama but yet again end up in such small roles like alwase..
its alwase the supporting actress role never the leading part..n i think shes way prettier in her 2am days..before she did her plastic surgeries..
i think its time for her to step it up and take a leading role in order to succeed as an actress she wants to be..

Archived