Choi Tae Joon 최태준

Shinobu

1 hour ago, mymireya said:

I really would love to understand what Tae Joon said here.  He seemed to have said a lot, got flustered a bit, and showed a lot of his scene too compared to the first Missing Nine introduction.  Can't wait for the English subbed.  And thanks for sharing my dear @mymireya

• Like 3

@Myraa - It's okay sweetie. In my search for "Cutter", I bumped into "Eclipse" being one and the same:)  And I love the knowledge that it was a lead role for Tae Joon too ~

Film "Eclipse" explores psychological impulses behind teen crimes

2016/03/18

SEOUL, March 18 (Yonhap) -- South Korean movie director Chung Sung-hee has made a bold shift of perspectives with her film "Eclipse," also known by its Korean title "The Cutter," in which she explored the pure emotional impulses of teenage boys in the teen crime movie.

The director said on Friday she chose the teen crime genre to present her first full-length film, pinning hopes that her work would raise public awareness of the country's sex crimes -- a deep-rooted problem that even influences teenage boys and girls.

"Eclipse" premiered at a Seoul theater that day, followed by a press conference with Chung, lead actors Choi Tae-joon and Kim Si-hoo and lead actress Mun Ka-young. The film is slated to open on March 30 in local theaters.

During the news conference, Chung said that the student-based perspective, fully embraced in the film, makes a legitimate shield against the criticisms that the film may lead to unintended justification or generosity for teen sex crime.

Actors Choi Tae-joon (L) and Kim Si-hoo appear on the official poster of teen crime film "Eclipse," released by Storm Pictures Korea. (Yonhap) Actors Choi Tae-joon (L) and Kim Si-hoo appear on the official poster of teen crime film "Eclipse," released by Storm Pictures Korea. (Yonhap)

Indeed, the film conveys the message that teen sex crimes should be dealt as a social issue throughout. However, the relationship between the two overwhelmingly charming anti-heroes, played by actor Choi Tae-joon and Kim Si-hoo, is the unexpected hindrance to the social theme and seems to beg for empathy for teens engaged in the sex crime.

But the director strongly vetoed the idea.

"The film has greater emphasis on the students' psychological context (on their involvement in the sex crime) rather than their perception of the nature of crime," she said in the press conference.

"Ordinary-looking teens can be exposed to those crimes as much as the violent ones," she said.

The presence of grown-up characters, good or bad, seemed so minuscule in the adult-only movie, as if the world is comprised of only teens. Perhaps such seclusion is the source of the teens' social alienation and vulnerability in the face of sex crimes.

Actor Choi Tae-joon (far right) appears in the still photo of "Eclipse," released by Storm Pictures Korea. (Yonhap) Actor Choi Tae-joon (far right) appears in the still photo of "Eclipse," released by Storm Pictures Korea. (Yonhap)

The plot of "Eclipse" is simple. Two high school boys, each with his own issues from faltering family relationships, seek emotional shelter from an unconditional friendship. But the story is enriched by the elaborate character development of Se-joon, played by 22-year-old Choi, and Yoon-jae, played by Kim, who is six years his senior.

Yoon-jae, an illegitimate son of a prominent politician, takes his origin of birth as his own scarlet letter and the source of her mother's life as a hidden mistress. He transfers to a new high school in Suwon, where he meets Se-joon, his soon-to-be best friend. Se-joon is a born-fighter and a loner in class, but offers unconditional friendship to the new face. When school gangs bully Yoon-jae, Se-joon always steps in to save Yoon-jae.

Se-joon is so obsessed with Yoon-jae and seeking his attention that he loses his temper when his friend is out of his reach. Se-joon even introduces his financially troubled friend to a lucrative "part-time job" -- helping grown-up gangs intoxicate young women at a night club and suppling the drugged victims to "customers" of a paid sex service.

Mun, engaged in a love triangle with Se-joon and Yoon-jae, turns out to be the ultimate victim of the crime.

Actress Mun Ka-young (left) and actor Kim Si-hoo appear in the still photo of "Eclipse," released by Storm Pictures Korea. (Yonhap) Actress Mun Ka-young (left) and actor Kim Si-hoo appear in the still photo of "Eclipse," released by Storm Pictures Korea. (Yonhap)

The highlight of the film is perhaps the scene where Se-joon, so daring and unwavering, breaks down after he finds himself in a terrible, irrevocable situation. The boy crouches in the corner of a bathroom and sobs with his head buried in his bloody knees, showing how a teenage boy's world crumbles at the cost of succumbing to a fleeting moment of jealousy.

Both the actors of Se-joon and Yoon-jae excelled in "eye-acting," or expression of emotions through the eyes. Eye acting and pauses from tensions speak more than words in "Eclipse."

The movie is Choi's debut to the silver screen.

Choi reminisced that in his high school days, he had a "friend like Yoon-jae whom he sought to give all he could without expecting anything in return." That memory helped him understand his character, Se-joon, he said.

Kim said he initially had trouble fully grasping his role of a high school student.

"I did my best to show the psychological world of a high school kid. The movie taught me a lot (about acting)."

"This could be the last time that I wear a high school uniform," he said, arousing a round of laughter among the audience.

Mun, the 20-year-old actress, said she was glad to play someone close to her age.

"I started acting at a young age. I always wanted to play a character that didn't not wear school uniforms. Now I feel grateful for my character in 'Eclipse.' It was a character that I could understand the best at my age."

Source:  http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2016/03/18/0200000000AEN20160318009700315.html

• Like 4

17 hours ago, mymireya said:

http://lk21.tv/pacemaker-2012/

Pacemaker year 2012 - no english sub only Indonesian sub

I know, the whole day I've been hunting for the English sub but to no avail.  Even Eclipse (or Cutter) is so elusive.  It really sucks!!!!  I also saw that many fans are looking/clamoring for the English sub of these 2 movies so I guess, it will happen soon ~

• Like 3

By looking back through his carrier in acting/variety he has performed multiple character with a great impact to us unfortunately a lot of us internationally do not recognize him. I came to know him through Bomi indeed he has complete features to be one of the best.I strongly believe in future he will be one of the Legend in Entertaiment World.

• Like 4

Throwback from year 2013 - Choi Tae Joon Birthday.

[PHOTO] Seungri @ Choi Tae-joon’s Birthday Party! (130707)

Posted by BBW | Sunday, July 7
pwYL3uL.jpg
  • @actorctj: "Thanks Seungri, Guwon, Geun & Donghyun for celebrating my birthday every year even when you're busy^^"
4YZDxuV.jpg

NOTE: Choi Tae-joon is a close friend to Seungri & he also a South Korean actor. He appeared in cable TV series Padam Padam. The Sound of His and Her Heartbeats as Yang Kang-chil's son. Stay with us for more updates.

• Like 4

"Missing 9" Baek Jin-hee, "Only wore one costume, couldn't even wash it"

2017/01/12 | 903 views | 0 Comment | Permalink | Source

photo807206.jpg

Baek Jin-hee said she preferred having just one costume.

Behind-the-scenes talk of "Missing 9" was broadcast after the The Beginning preview of the drama. They talked about surviving on a deserted island.

Baek Jin-hee said, "We wore just one outfit throughout the drama. We couldn't even wash it". MC Leeteuk asked if it didn't smell and Baek Jin-hee said, "By the time it started to smell we got hit by rain or swam in the ocean so it was alright".

Choi Tae-joon said, "I learned what actresses smell like after meeting Baek Jin-hee and Lee Seon-bin".

• Like 5

Throwback from year 2002 - MBC Talk Show (2014)

Actor Choi Tae-joon says he debuted as child actor who played bad wizard  in  Magic Kid Masuri

Actor Choi Tae-joon says he debuted as child actor who played bad wizard

Actor Choi Tae-joon says he debuted as child actor who played bad wizard

ActorChoi Tae-joonappeared on the MBC talk show, 'The Radio Star' on December 10th and his debut as a child actor.

Along with other guests, 'Gangnam', 'Hyeri', and Yoo Byeong-jae, writer for SNL Korea, he had a good conversation.Choi Tae-joonsaid had been a child actor on the KBS 2TV children's drama, 'Magic Kid, Masuri' (2002) and the SBS drama,"Piano"(2002).

He said the 'Magic Kid, Masuri' was a very popular TV show at the time; however, he did not want to appear on the show because he thought the childish premise might cause teasing from his friends. He said his mother had promised him to buy a cellphone in return if he would go for an audition. As a result, he was casted for said role.

Choi Tae-joonexplained further "The wizard had to make a ring before he could cast a spell. Later, they decided to cut out that part for casting a spell to accomodate the runtime".

He made the panel and guests laugh by demonstrating how to cast a spell as the wizard from his years as a child actor.

Source from :Hancinema

- See more at: http://mnetamerica.net/article/Actor-Choi-Tae-joon-says-he-debuted-as-child-actor-who-played-bad-wizard/#sthash.FQbrmuM9.dpuf

• Like 4

Choi Tae Joon And DIA’s Jung Chaeyeon’s New Web Drama Reveals Official Poster

choi tae joon dia jung chae yeon 109 strange things

Choi Tae Joon and DIA’s Jung Chaeyeon’s upcoming sci-fi web drama, “109 Strange Things” (working title) has revealed its official poster.

Directed and written by Park Sun Jae, “109 Strange Things” is about a robot named KDI-109 (Choi Tae Joon) who comes from the future and ends up living with the family of Shin Gi Won (Jung Chaeyeon), who is a fourth-year philosophy student.

The web drama, which is scheduled to run for six episodes, will air a behind-the-scenes video on January 19 at 10 a.m. KST and a teaser video on January 25. Another behind-the-scenes video will air on January 26.

The first episode will premiere on February 1 at 10 a.m. KST through Naver TV.

• Like 4

NEWS / REVIEWS / K-DRAMA

Realism Takes Toll on Missing 9; Cast Says Filming Is Physically Draining

By analine soriano Murphy | January 16, 2017 10:04 AM EST

The cast of Missing 9
Missing 9, a survival drama posted physically draining filming days according to its cast. It was discussed in an interview as the series had its advance telecast of Missing 9, The Beginning last January 12, a week before the production debuts on MBC television. (Photo : You Tube- MBC Drama)

In a TV broadcast aired lately, four lead players of ' Missing 9' (Jung Kyung Ho, Lee Sun Bin, Baek Jin Hee, and Choi Tae Joon ) had a sit-down interview. It was part of the promotions for the soon to debut survival production.

In the conversation, the four reflected on what they encountered in the filming of the series. The discussion had its highest impact when the cast's reactions boil down to: it is physically draining.!

This response to the filming is not unexpected especially in a series whose approach to making reality (per Soompi), work with the plot is the need for characters to survive on an isolated island after a plane crash. More impressive is, the characters are made up of celebrities mostly. They are the avant- guard fed members of the society. This nation is now in shock at losing their major stardom personalities.

The physical hurdles

The cast generally thinks the film shooting is outright taxing. That the TV drama players had to experience discomforts being on a location shoot for long hours is not a shocking admission.

Similarly, they volunteered to tell that they have been working in the same clothes most of the time. They too hurried to put in the fact that they had to starve at times because of course, the scene shots are far from the amenities they are used to.

A consciousness to the luxury of having anything to eat when they crave for some fancy dishes is not at their dispersal. It is a gripping actuality that they needed to adjust to.

Because restaurants and convenient stores are just a phone call away in their world of reality, the shooting becomes a bit farfetched. And that they can buy anything they imagine in just a couple of keys or a mouse click away is quietly a miserable truth in the situation they are in.

Normal routine reversal

A far from the ordinary eating routine is one. Specifically, snacking on tuna sandwiches that they now recognize as a precious food is a high-priced mention.

The cast often found the lines" I am hungry" as a translation of not just a story dialogue but to express that they are really starving.They likewise found themselves eating on the props the production brought along like kimchi and chips.

Yet another is the typical routine of getting up and then shifting into a new set of clothes is an actuality they cannot abide with. Some of them answered that it didn't seem to matter for in the film they would be wearing the same clothes most of the time.

The thing called scent

Do they worry about smelling? The cast is quick to say that the scenes switch from island to the water that they hardly smell if they do smell.Additionally, they find clothes washing not essentially necessary considering the fact that their clothes were soaked in the water anyway. Lee Sun Bin according to Korean.mb4uli in particular states that it is harder than shooting the survival reality show 'Laws of the Jungle'.

Back to the brass tacks

Quite seeming to heed is how the group thinks of the filming as very tiring and realistic. Is the actors' take on the challenges in filming just personal perceptions?The survival series runs a fight between naturalism and romantic realism. This, the tv drama will slowly piece out as the series goes on its runs that start on the18 of January 2017.

© Copyright 2016 KpopStarz.com. All Rights Reserved.

• Like 4

On 1/14/2017 at 10:48 PM, lynseyanzia said:

Hi! Just finished to watch Taejoon's movie "Eclipse" (RAW) and saw the site  myasiantv had the engsub of Missing Nine (the Introduction)

http://myasiantv.se/drama/missing-nine/episode-/?utm_source=korean_sub_box&utm_medium=home&utm_campaign=tracking

Much as i wanted to share a few post here if there's any but unfortunately  i dont have the know how to post pics....so will just keep on relying on everone's posts.

Been also looking on TaeJoon's guesting on Radiostar back in 2014 i guess. I couldn't find an engsub or any link of the whole episode. I'm interested to see that episode. I think that was the first variety show where he showed his talent of voice imitating/impersonation.

yes, you are right regarding Radiostar, will update if it's available.

• Like 1