Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

little bunny

[Official] Kkaemi/Enrique Geum-Go Dok Mi/Yoon Shi Yoon-Park Shin Hye from Flower Boy Next Door

Hi guys, hahahaha I'm new here... To be honest, I haven't watched the drama yet but I found this thread and now I'm really excited looolIs it just me or Shinhye always touches Yoon Shi Yoon's face like really >,< Those are the BTS pics right?!Imma watch the drama as soon as possible, I love both Shinhye and Yoon Shi Yoon and now I'm really curious about them, thanks to you :)>-

little bunny said: Wave to all of you...welcome aboard to newbie too! Happy to see that Kkaemi couple lover is growing. Keep coming! :)
Thank you for sharing pictures, video etc to here.Does PSH always show how much comfortable she is around her co-star like this? hmm 

lovegirl92 said: Hi guys, hahahaha I'm new here... To be honest, I haven't watched the drama yet but I found this thread and now I'm really excited looolIs it just me or Shinhye always touch Yoon Shi Yoon's face like really >,< Those are the BTS pics right?!Imma watch the drama as soon as possible, I love both Shinhye and Yoon Shi Yoon and now I'm really curious about them, thanks to you :)>-

Frinda said: little bunny said: Wave to all of you...welcome aboard to newbie too! Happy to see that Kkaemi couple lover is growing. Keep coming! :)
Thank you for sharing pictures, video etc to here.Does PSH always show how much comfortable she is around her co-star like this? hmm

little bunny said: No wonder there's a lot of PSH and JYH shipper. They're look comfortable but both PSH and JYH already said that they're really good buddy. But as I know people tend to change in front of the person they like or have crush right? You know what I mean, but may be because of YSY's personality too. At least she still looks comfortable enough to joke around YSY by teasing him.

@Frinda..thanks for the video..you are awesomeyeah  you are right ..PSH seems so different with YSY, or maybe cuz of YSY's personality too,it's like her habit to hit a guy beside him ..LOL,judging from the  BTS photos..i never see PSH hits our YSY.  ( or if we have more BTS videos, like you said we will know for sure ) .......all i can see is she always touches YSY's face..ke..ke.. :x

little bunny

said:

Do you guys notice on TvN Taxi Show around 15:55, when the host asked PSH to sing? PSH became shy and while turn to YSY, she touched his arm? 

Hey everyone..excuse me for intruding. I just love this couple! originally I watched this drama for PSH..but thanks to her I discovered YSY and now I'm a super happy camper. Looking forward to more swoon-worthy pics and BTS and news in this thread. ^^

Frinda

said:

little bunny said: No wonder there's a lot of PSH and JYH shipper. They're look comfortable but both PSH and JYH already said that they're really good buddy. But as I know people tend to change in front of the person they like or have crush right? You know what I mean, but may be because of YSY's personality too. At least she still looks comfortable enough to joke around YSY by teasing him.

*romantic mood activated* ..May i add that i haven't seen ppl cutting the last kiss yet on mvs?Can't blame them,it's beautifull on every angle!!! :x :x

cr to uploader

They didn't show us much on special part 1...waiting for part 2 tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
special1e.png
Sorry i didn't resize the photo....i just couldn't!!!!;;)

~Fun times~ <:-P pshsmilesmile.png
...Thought to make it clear that was YSY on the right...=))pshysywhatthe.png

Hello everyone :) 
I'm a newbie here, and I've loved Park Shin Hye since I watched her in Stair Way to Heaven. I've been lurking around for so long and finally when I see that we have a thread for this incredible cute couple Yoon Shin & Shin Hye, I have to make an account to join in the fun :D 

janeb10 said: Hello everyone :) 
I'm a newbie here, and I've loved Park Shin Hye since I watched her in Stair Way to Heaven. I've been lurking around for so long and finally when I see that we have a thread for this incredible cute couple Yoon Shin & Shin Hye, I have to make an account to join in the fun :D 

Yoon Shin Yoon interview translated by @rp0523 ..Thank you again!!! :-* ~page 396 of FBND thread~

Yoon Si Yoon - "Transforms into KkaeGeum, I surprised myself" (Interview)

"While I was still filming the drama, I didn't want to bring out the side that was not character that I portrayed so I avoided getting a lot of exposure from the media." He concealed himself to better focus on the drama. For 3 months TvN's 'Flower Boy Next Door' made viewers laugh and cry. Actor Yoon Si Yoon (age 27) who played 'KkaeGeum' shares his story. 

"In the middle of filming (the drama), I received requests to do interviews. But I politely declined the offers, because I didn't want to reveal too much of  myself when the drama hadn't finished yet. The only time I showed myself to the public was when I guest starred in KBS2's 'Gag Concert' in the corner "Discovery of Life". I wanted to show the multiple personalities of the character KkaeGeum (through Gag Concert). It was like an extension of his character outside of the drama. If I had to act as the actor Yoon Si Yoon and not the character KkaeGeum, I wouldn't have accepted the offer".

*Being silly (like KkaeGeum), is actually one of my personalities

Through 'FBND' Yoon Si Yoon showed caring and polite mannerisms toward his cast mates and another side that was silly and
playful. As a result, he received lots of love from viewers. In the drama Enrique Geum's nickname is KkaeGeum (Kkae [taken from the Korean word Kkae-Bang-Jung meaning Sillyness/Playfulness] + Enrique Geum) forming KkaeGeum. The name fits well with comical expressions and bouncy behavior that the character portrays. 

"I took a lot of notes while reading cartoons. The basic emotions that KkaeGeum portrayed was derived from characters in cartoons like 'Touch' and 'H2', while his way of speech and facial expressions was learned from the cartoon 'One Piece'  and 'Naruto'. I would read 40 to 50 cartoons in the car. While I was reading, I would take note of the interesting and funny features of the characters. I wrote until I had two sheets of A4 paper left."

After the first broadcast of 'FBND', Yoon Si Yoon received a lot of attention for his huge transformation. The character that he portrayed was a 180 degree change from the other characters he portrayed in his other dramas such as KBS2's 'King of Baking, Kim Tak-Gu' and MBC's 'Me Too, Flower'. In reality, Yoon Si Yoon's personality is very dignified and gentle, so when he acted as KkaeGeum it was surprising and fascinating to viewers. However, the actor states that KkaeGeum isn't the exact opposite of him. 

"KkaeGeum's personality is definitely somewhere in my personality. Of course, it is in a very small part of me. I believe that people are 
complex human beings. I got to amplify that small part of KkaeGeum in me  through the drama. While acting it was interesting to see that I had a side to me like this.

There were a lot of heart-pounding scenes like the forehead click and forehead kiss with actress Park Shin Hye. Because Yoon Si Yoon hadn't dated anyone in a long time, he was able to act with more excitement while filming the drama. The scene where KkaeGeum performed the butt dance in a panda costume was actually Si Yoon's suggestion. He expressed that he could feel the love that the character KkaeGeum was expressing. "When in love, it should be very sweet. It should not feel like a documentary (serious). If all love had to be serious, even if I was alone I would want my love to be lovely and sweet."

*Finding another side of me
Yoon Si Yoon's great and emotional acting became evident through the drama. The scenes where KkaeGeum cried, especially stung the viewers' hearts. "Whenever I filmed emotional scenes, I tried to remember the sad times in my life. I tried to compare the feelings that the role portrayed to my existing ones. I don't think crying "prettily" can truly move the hearts of the audience. I think that for Asian viewers, a scene that should be acted out with realism and responsibility is crying/emotional scenes."

Through this drama, Yoon Si Yoon was able to show the growth of his acting skills. One could actually feel a devilish aura from staring into his eyes. When Si Yoon was told that through his dynamic expressions, he could even play a psychopath, he was surprised by the remark. 

"I actually hear that a lot nowadays. When I was doing an emotional scene, even the camera director said that he felt a very strong (evil) look in my eyes. I guess I have more evil in me than I thought. I think that through these expressions, I was able to display such an interesting character like KkaeGeum. I surprised myself. I thought to myself maybe I don't have a devilish trait  but maybe I am just a bad person (Laughs)."

*I'm thankful and sorry to Park Shin Hye... I learned a lot
Because of 'FBND' Yoon Si Yoon was able to work with actors who were around his age like Park Shin Hye, Kim Ji Hoon, Park Soo Jin, Go Kyung Pyo, and Kim Seul Ki. Through the distinct and colorful personalities of all the actors, a synergy effect could be felt while filming the drama. "For certain, the energy was very good. It was interesting how everyone's passion for acting was all the same. We all helped each other out while filming. I think that if I become a successful actor, I will be able work with other great and successful actors."

Yoon Si Yoon spent most of his time filming scenes with Park Shin Hye compared to the other actors. Si Yoon describes Shin Hye as the atmosphere maker on the set of 'FBND'. Even when everyone was in a state of exhaustion from standing outside for 2-3 hours, she was everyone's strength. Si Yoon states that "acting" cheerful was not possible during those circumstances. (So basically he's saying that Shin Hye being the atmosphere maker and acting happy couldn't have been an act)

Because Si Yoon was able to work with a actress with a lot of experience like Shin Hye, he felt more of a sense of duty. "She's someone who knows the valuable things she's learned in her career throughout the 10 years of acting. She really was like a sunbae  (a senior) to me. She was even the first person to come to my mind when I had a lot of thoughts (about acting a scene)."

Si Yoon complimented Shin Hye, but he also had an apologetic heart towards her. "After filming an emotional scene, we would say to each other "Thanks and good work". Shin Hye would successfully deliver her reaction to my acting, but there were times when I could not catch it well like she did for me. So I'm not sure if I was any help to her. She was so busy catching my emotions that it was embarrassing so I feel sorry towards her."

"This time around I had a lot of lines. One day I had 20 pages of lines and my condition was not good, so I made a lot of NGs. As a result, I felt like Shin Hye suffered a lot. I was sorry and at the same time I was mad at myself. So I told myself if I made an NG the next day to actually think myself as 'KkaeGeum'. That day I remember studying my lines until 5 in the morning."

*Hearing compliments is still like poison to me

Yoon Si Yoon was able to mature through 'FBND'. He was able to grow while trying to bring out the reclusive Dokmi (Park Shin Hye) out into the world. Through this Si Yoon's acting was well-received. However, even though he's being greaty praised he seems unshaken. 

"Of course, I love hearing compliments, especially the praises about me acting as KkaeGeum. It always makes me happy to hear people raving and complimenting about the outcome of the drama. However, I feel like actor Yoon Si Yoon is still in the stages of growing. I think that praises can turn into poison. I try to forget all the compliments, so I won't get caught up in them. By doing this, I am able to keep focused and stay alert at all times."

Yoon Si Yoon's goal when acting is to be 'relaxed' and to 'enjoy' it. "I want to be able to freely focus on acting while ignoring the evaluation others have on me. Working hard with all my heart helped me get away from the pressure. The result was a success." He was able to perfectly grasp his character enough for people to think is KkaeGeum Yoon Si Yoon or is Yoon Si Yoon KkaeGeum. We wonder if he is also satifised with his acting. 

"I really enjoyed it. But it seems like I'm an actor who has just opened his eyes up toward acting. I think I'm still lacking a lot to be hearing comments like 'good job' or 'bad job'. I'm always ahead and I judge myself on much I reached the set standards. I'm happy because I think I was able to enjoy achieving my goal through meeting a successful drama along with great actors."

'Flower Boy Next Door' was able to end with a happy ending. "Just because filming is over, doesn't mean I'm going to playing around wasting my time. I am revisiting the points where I am lacking and doing things that I have forgotten about while I was busily filming. If I feel like I see a good drama that I should meet ties with, I'm always ready to be in it. But I'm not in a hurry. I believe that if you're not going to devote yourself 100% to something that you shoudn't do it at all. Because I know that a lot of people are willing to do this job (acting)."

YSY in Mnet Wide, @ysy94 upload it  :-* ~page 394 of FBND thread~ Softy's translation here !....thought to have it here also since it is related to this thread too.  ;;)

...i'm waiting for translation of PSH interview.part 2 is related and is still in progress

*ok...watch and learn!*                                             *pff..i can do that!*cutedetectives.jpg

*....but who is the cutest?!*cutedetectives1.jpg

:\"> *pokes*                                                    *You are!!!:))*cutedetectives2.jpg

Frinda said: YSY in Mnet Wide, @ysy94 upload it  :-* ~page 394 of FBND thread~ Softy's translation here !....thought to have it here also since it is related to this thread too.  ;;)

...i'm waiting for translation of PSH interview.part 2 is related and is still in progress

Announcements