[Drama 2013] Gu Am Heo Joon 구암 허준

Guest YunRa1430270238

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tookie18

Hi Everyone,
I still have a few episodes to catch up on. Have been busy and took a little break.
Just wanted to thank everyone for the recaps and Korean history lessons. It has been a joy to be a part of this sweet thread. All though it has been very quiet, I can always feel everyone's presence and interest. I will comment when I have completed all the episodes. 
Thanks again.

Guest Mingstar

eikt, I'm glad you're enjoying this drama.  I miss it now that it's all finished.  I looked forward so much to each episode.  It was a very inspiring, beautiful drama and based on facts too which made it even more meaningful.

Guest tookie18

@mingstar,
Agree. My sentiments exactly. I love history, nothing can beat a true story.
Dr. Heo's story so inspired me, to the max. I am in awe at his diligence and compassion toward the human race. No matter what social status people were he did his very best to treat everyone equally and with respect. This drama made me think that there is more too that I can do to help others. The poor are all around us. It my belief that Dr. Heo was sent to this earth to help the poor and to depict how a lowly, poor and obscure person could rise above it all.  He rose to the highest ranks without even trying or wanting fortune and fame. His story allowed me to see that good does and will conquer evil without violence or revenge. He continued to work knowing in his heart that he was doing right, even when he was violently opposed. While his enemies constantly committed violence, lied, spread rumours and every other thing they could think to do to him. However, he continued his work, not lifting a finger to retaliate against people that hated him. Truth be told, he could have done a lot of damage considering his previous background. He was good with the sword and could fight, however, he chose not to use those skills his father taught him.  He learned not to be a coward from his father. His enemies always ended up with fool on their faces, especially Doji and his Mom.  Poor Doji and the rest of his enemies always fell into their own traps and were wrapped with their own confusion. I just kept hoping that they would learn faster. Dr. Heo and Doji did finally make up and forgave each other. That was a good thing.  Anyway, I will post when I am done with the remaining episodes that I have not watched.  This thread made me happy, hope another one like this will come out soon.

Guest tookie18

eikt said: @mingstar,
Agree. My sentiments exactly. I love history, nothing can beat a true story.
Dr. Heo's story so inspired me, to the max. I am in awe at his diligence and compassion toward the human race. No matter what social status people were he did his very best to treat everyone equally and with respect. This drama made me think that there is more too that I can do to help others. The poor are all around us. It my belief that Dr. Heo was sent to this earth to help the poor and to depict how a lowly, poor and obscure person could rise above it all.  He rose to the highest ranks without even trying or wanting fortune and fame. His story allowed the audience to see that good does conquer evil without violence and revenge.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mingstar

Eikt, I liked the sentiments you expressed about Dr. Heo's character.  His uprightness and moral convictions, diligence, devotion, loyalty are all characteristics to look up to.  I thoroughly enjoyed watching this drama and felt inspired by his life story. 

Right now I am enjoying watching Medical Top Team,  Pacing is fast and I learn a lot about medical conditions and remedies which is so educational.

Guest tookie18

@Mingstar,

Hi, I truly love this drama too. I got up to episodes 120 or 121, have been busy and will start back watching online to finish. 

Would you please tell me who Dr. Heo's son married?  I know thier friend's daughter wanted to marry him.  Thank you.

I am currently  watching Jung Yi, Goddess of Fire.  In my opinion, it is excellent too, there is a lot of sadness in it though. 

Guest tookie18

@Mingstar,

I forgot to say that you can watch "The Goddess of Fire, Jung Yi", if you are interested,  compliments of "Dramaload".  It is similar in the sense that Jung Yi"s character is like Dr. Heo's.

Guest Mingstar

eikt, I could have missed some details but from what I recall, I don't think Dr. Heo's son got married to anyone.  She married someone else.

Thanks for the info on The Goddess of Fire.   I am checking out a few dramas to see if I would like watching them and that's one of them. 

Guest tookie18

@Mingstar,

Thanks for the info. Will finish the remaining episodes this coming week.  I am really anxious to find out what happened.

The Goddess of Fire, Jung YI is really good.  I have been watching two episodes a day.  It is well made and is moving along quickly.  It has not lost my interest yet.  I read that the story line is very close to actual history.

You will hear from me when I am done with Dr. Heo.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest tookie18

@Mingstar,

Just finished with Dr. Heo. The last episode aired today in my area. I was not able to just sit and watch several episodes at a time anymore so I just watched them as they came on daily.

I wish you had told me that he was going to die in the end. Just finished boohooing, you would not have spoiled it for me.  Was taken completely off guard, however, I will forgive you (smile). Next time give me a heads up.

His family and friends were devastated. At least he died doing what he loved most, caring for the poor and sick. Maybe he could have sought help and lived a little longer, however, he was giving everyone else his food and medicine. It seems to me his family and friends should have recognized that something was extremely wrong with him and preventd his untimely death. He truly cared about everyone except himself. During this last episode I was agitated and wondering when he was going to get well? Because it was about to go off. It still had not dawned on me that he was going to die.

It was the most moving of the Korean dramas that I have seen and I have watched a lot. It stayed ontrack and true to the plotline and storyline. I never wanted to stop watching it once. All of the trouble the Doctor and his family went through did get old, however, that is history. We have to live with these facts.

I was glad when Sujin finally left to go back to the temple. Just wished that she did not pinned away her entire life loving Dr. Heo and was hoping that she would find a nice man to marry.

Well...there is so much more I can say but will end here. It was nice watching this wonderful historical drama with you and the other Soompi members.  This thread was so peaceful, although, could always feel the love for Dr. Heo. The history lessons were a nice treat too.

Hope to see you on another thread.

Guest tookie18

eikt said:

@Mingstar,

Just finished with Dr. Heo. The last episode aired today in my area. I was not able to just sit and watch several episodes at a time anymore so I just watched them as they came on daily.

I wish you had told me that he was going to die in the end. Just finished boohooing, you would not have spoiled it for me.  Was taken completely off guard, however, I will forgive you (smile). Next time give me a heads up.

His family and friends were devastated. At least he died doing what he loved most, caring for the poor and sick. Maybe he could have sought help and lived a little longer, however, he was giving everyone else his food and medicine. It seems to me his family and friends should have recognized that something was extremely wrong with him and preventd his untimely death. He truly cared about everyone except himself. During this last episode I was agitated and wondering when he was going to get well? Because it was about to go off. It still had not dawned on me that he was going to die.

It was the most moving of the Korean dramas that I have seen and I have watched a lot. It stayed ontrack and true to the plotline and storyline. I never wanted to stop watching it once. All of the trouble the Doctor and his family went through did get old, however, that is history. We have to live with these facts.

I was glad when Sujin finally left to go back to the temple. Just wished that she did not pinned away her entire life loving Dr. Heo and was hoping that she would find a nice man to marry.

Well...there is so much more I can say but will end here. It was nice watching this wonderful historical drama with you and the other Soompi members.  This thread was so peaceful, although, could always feel the love for Dr. Heo. The history lessons were a nice treat too.

Hope to see you on another thread.

Guest Mingstar

eikt, glad you finally finished it.  Sorry I didn't mention Dr. Heo would pass away at the end.   But because it's a biography, I guess it has to show his whole life...therefore, it must show the ending as well.  But I understand you wanted to skip that part..... 

I enjoyed the drama a lot too.  Right now I am enjoying King's Daughter, Su Baek Hyang.  So far, so good although some scenes are a little too slow moving.    I hope you'll find other dramas to pique your interest as well.    Enjoy.

Guest tookie18

@Mingstar,

I was just kidding about not telling me about the end. As I mentioned before or what I meant is that it does not spoil it for me to know the end of a movie, drama, book etc. Knowing everything I can still enjoy it. If it is a historical drama I will usually read about it, however, I did not think that far ahead with Dr. Heo. I did not want to skip the part of his death, it just did not dawn on me that he would go to the end of his life in the drama.

I will put King's Daughter, Su Baek Hyang on my list to watch. I am still watching The Goddess of Fire, Jung Yi. It is really good and fast paced, I like that. In addition, the story takes place at the same time as Dr. Heo if I am not mistaken. The same names are involved that live in the palace as in the Dr. Heo drama. I do not want to misspell the king, princes and their mothers names. Anyway, I am enjoying it.

You enjoy and take care too.

Guest Mingstar

Thanks eikt.  I wanted to mention to all that Doctor X , a Japanese modern day medical drama, is par excellence.  Fast moving, well paced, smart dialogs, educational and great in every way.  The actress is superb and very attractive.  Hope you all will check it out to see if it's to your liking.  Enjoy.  I watch it on gooddrama.net.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tookie18

Mingstar said:

Thanks eikt.  I wanted to mention to all that Doctor X , a Japanese modern day medical drama, is par excellence.  Fast moving, well paced, smart dialogs, educational and great in every way.  The actress is superb and very attractive.  Hope you all will check it out to see if it's to your liking.  Enjoy.  I watch it on gooddrama.net.

Archived