Title: 구암 허준 / Gu Am Heo Joon
Chinese Title: 龜巖許浚
Genre: Historical, Medical, Romance
Episodes: 120
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2013-March-18
Air time: Monday to Friday 21:00

Synopsis

This drama is based on 1999-2000 MBC drama series “Hur Jun”. Because of the similarities between the two main characters of the show, “Hur Jun” has often been called as male version of “Dae Jang Geum”.

The story is set in Joseon Korea, primarily during the reign of Seonjo. The story covers a time that is approximately 50 years after the death of Dae Jang Geum (the reputed first female doctor of Joseon Korea). It depicts the dramatic life of historical figure Heo Joon who wrote the oriental medical textbook “Donguibogam” and became physician for King Seonjo. Kim Joo Hyuk will plays Heo Joon in this drama.

Yoo Ui Tae (Baek Yoon Shik) plays Heo Jun’s mentor who is the single greatest influence in his life. Meanwhile, Ye jin Ah (Park Jin Hee) plays a lady who lost her parents at a young age but was raised by Yoo Ui Tae, and grows up learning medicine from him as well. She eventually becomes a royal nurse and works alongside Heo Jun and falls in love with him. Yoo Do Ji (Nam Goong Min) will plays Yoo Ui Tae’s son.

Cast

Kim Joo Hyuk as Heo Joon
- Kang Han Byul as Heo Joon (young)
Baek Yoon Shik as Yoo Ui Tae
Park Jin Hee as Ye Jin Ah
Nam Goong Min as Yoo Do Ji
Go Doo Shim as Son Ssi
Kim Mi Sook as Oh Ssi
Lee Jae Yong as Kim Min Se
Kyun Mi Ri as Ham An Daek
Park Chul Min as Goo Il Seo
Jung Eun Pyo as Oh Geun
Yeo Ho Min as Yang Tae
Park Eun Bin as Da Hee
Jung Ho Bin as Ahn Gwang Ik
Choi Jong Hwan as Yang Ye Soo

Production Credits

Director: Kim Keun Hong
ScriptWriter: Choi Wan Kyu

Note

- Kim Joo Hyuk‘s Father Kim Mu Saeng also play the character of Heo Joon in 1975 MBC drama called 집념.

- Gu Am is Heo Joon’s Pen name

Trailer

http://youtu.be/oJDd2_WUGRo

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sanghun99

1361492817_470257.jpg

Gu Am Hur Jun's Main Poster Features Kim Joo Hyuk And Baek Yoon Shik Together In a Warm Atmosphere

http://koreandrama.com/gu-am-hur-juns-main-poster-features-kim-joo-hyuk-and-baek-yoon-shik-together-in-a-warm-atmosphere/

Finally a thread for this drama!
Though its a very long sageuk drama, I will tune in for PJH.
This is scheduled for weekday drama, so it has 5 episodes a week.
Dang! Hope to finish this......

purexorange
This kind of format is like those family dramas, which is shown weekdays.
Since this is a remake, I also wonder how can they pull out on this one.
Even if I like PJH that much, I don't think I have that much patience to download every episode and watch it real time.

The story must be really engaging for me to sit down and watch this, I also doubt if the subbing teams will sub this as fast as the other dramas.
But I'm optimistic that they would sub this as how they sub the other dramas, because non-Korean viewers like us would greatly depend on them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest maswag

Update this, PLEASE! I just can't wait for it. 
And to you all who's complaining about the episodes: What's wrong with the eps as long as you love the theme, the cast and the story..

Guest maswag

ebulli3nt: WHY is it crazy to film 120 for this drama? because the story isn't good? because you don't like the cast cuz they aren't idols?? Please explain better so I can understand! 
BTW this drama will be much better than all other ''idol'' dramas. THIS will learn all of you what life is all about. It'll be 120 meaningful episodes yet all of complain. 

We were not complaining about the length of episodes, we were just wondering how it would do because they've never tried this before. To be honest, I quite like it since you get 5 episodes/week rather than having to wait a week for 2 episodes.

Guest maswag

Haha I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by never tried this before.. Have you seen dramas like yellow boots, glass mask etc etc etc. All those dramas have 100+ episodes. 

Guest syahrilaiyub

Er this isnt saguek drama, its taeha... and your typing wrong there...sae=rice guk=drama

Definitions of saguek n taeha credit to sir ethleen @ d-addicts

First, what's the difference? Both sageuk and taeha are period dramas, but... Taeha is a typical period drama, it depicts the life of some notable and famous person (King, Queen, hero), usually is long and well elaborated. The language is stylized and full of archaised vocabulary. Sageuk, on the other hand, is shorter, and usually the historical period is the background for some story. And we have a fusion sageuk: the genre that incorporates modern language and music into drama. This is not a strict division though. Bear in minds that taeha are always long. Always. And they can have the elements of fantasy as well. 

Guest maswag

I'm so sorry ebulli3nt because I didn't meant to be rude but I think you misunderstood me little. I just wanted to understand you better.

Guest maswag

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 24px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kim Joo Hyuk seeks to bring his new interpretation of Heo Jun in ‘Gu Am Heo Jun’

With upcoming MBC TV daily drama ‘Gu Am Heo Jun’ set to premiere on March 18th, lead actor Kim Joo Hyuk was recently interviewed about his thoughts regarding his new drama role.

Kim Joo Hyuk will be playing the role of Heo Jun, and he expressed, “I know that my interpretation of Heo Jun will be compared to the numerous Heo Jun roles in the past. All of them were well received by viewers, so I do feel a little pressure for my role. But if I do not take this drama, I am unlikely to meet with such an opportunity again in my life, so I decided to star in the drama.”

This marks Kim Joo Hyuk’s comeback to the small screen after a 6 month hiatus, following the wrap of his previous drama ‘God of War’ last September. Interesting enough, Kim Joo Hyuk is following in the footsteps of his father, the late Kim Mu Saeng, who also played the role of Heo Jun some 38 years ago. Heo Jun is a story that practically gets remade in every generation, starting with ‘Tenacity’ in 1975, the film version of ‘Tenacity’ in 1976, ‘Dongui Bogam’ in 1991, and ‘Heo Joon’ in 1999, also helped to create stars like Kim Mu Saeng, Lee Soon Jae, Seo In Suk, and Jun Kwang Ryul in their respective eras.

Kim Joo Hyuk expressed, “I hope to add on flesh and blood, and things that were missed out in the past to my role. I hope to create a Heo Jun that enables everyone to see the difference from the kind Heo Jun that was played by Jun Kwang Ryul senior. I hope to bring out the rebellious nature of Heo Jun due to his social class as a commoner, and his transition from a flippant youth to a respected court physician. I hope to portray Heo Jun not just as a doctor, but as a human being who is driven to succeed. It’s fine even if I don’t get much sleep, or I feel really tired from the filming. I just want to present a good drama to viewers. If this drama succeeds, I hope to taste the sense of achievement that an actor can derive from.”

‘Gu Am Heo Jun’ is MBC TV’s special 120 episode sageuk epic of the year, which is a biopic about the life and career of legendary Joseon royal physician, Heo Joon. Besides Kim Joo Hyuk, other cast members include Nam Goong Min, Park Jin Hee, Baek Yoon Sik, Go Doo Shim, Kim Mi Sook, Lee Jae Ryong, Choi Jong Hwan, Jung Ho Bin, Kyun Mi ri, Jung Eun Pyo, Park Chul Min, and Yeo Ho Min.

2613-19786.jpg

Guest JEYEF

Woaaahhh....
Hey everyone lets all have a fun and loving atmosphere here! :))
Since we are very few who have interest in this drama.
Lets discuss positively, so we can somehow contribute in our own little way.

Maybe this is not as popular as the other dramas with the powerhouse or idol casts.
Still we have to possess positive energy regarding this drama.

Guest maswag

JEYEF: I'm always in this thread.. So we can discuss any time you want. And I agree I think many people interested in this drama because of the lenght of epiosdes. But it will be a very GOOD and MEANINGFUL drama! :D

Guest JEYEF

maswag said: JEYEF: I'm always in this thread.. So we can discuss any time you want. And I agree I think many people interested in this drama because of the lenght of epiosdes. But it will be a very GOOD and MEANINGFUL drama! :D

Guest maswag

JEYEF said:
maswag said: JEYEF: I'm always in this thread.. So we can discuss any time you want. And I agree I think many people interested in this drama because of the lenght of epiosdes. But it will be a very GOOD and MEANINGFUL drama! :D

Archived