Title: 세계의 끝 / The End of the World
Chinese Title: 世界的盡頭
Genre: Medical, Mystery
Episodes: (To be Announced)
Broadcast network: jTBC
Broadcast period: 2013-March-16
Air time: Saturdays & Sundays 21:55

Synopsis

This is a drama about a unknown mysterious disease spreads.

Kang Joo Heon (Yoon Je Moon) is the chief of epidemiological investigation at the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. He loses his beloved to the new virus and attempts to find a critical clue through reverse tracing.

Cast

Yoon Je Moon as Kang Joo Heon
Jang Kyung Ah as Lee Na Hyun
Jang Hyun Sung as Yung Yu Jin

Production Credits

Director: Ahn Pan Suk
Screenwriter: Hye Ryun

Note

Based on the korean novel “Infectious Disease” by Bae Young Ik which was published on 25/Dec/2010 by Screen Seller publishing company.

Trailers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yukiyoshinori

Saw Ep04 on TV couple nights ago and it's time for me to note the writer & PD's name.
Ahn Pan Suk (PD) and Park Hye Ryun (writer)

~ yuki

Guest LHRCN

JTBC really has awesome dramas, but because they are paid channel their dramas get low ratings.
i dont know how they look at the ratings from paid TV channels?

I really wish more people would have been willing to sub this. It's looking like a very good series and jTBC is making some pretty good quality stuff. I realize this is not the type of series most kdrama fans watch (let's face it, everyone is mostly into rom-coms, melos and sageuk), but I would think such an interesting work would get more attention.

Guest yukiyoshinori

@audreyluv
Reading H7N9 I learned that CDC response came out of Hong Kong's SARS event. So I googled SARS and SCMP (UK's old colonial newspaper). Hospital stories of 1st responders going down and the volunteer doctors and nurses who took over. Hospitals were quarantined, there were so many who got infected, Hong Kong ran out of breathing machines for the patients and masks and gloves for the volunteers. They had to reuse them. Countries flew them in including the 'space suites' you see on the show. In a week SARS spread to Canada & USA.

Finally one of the HK doctors found a method that saved most of them. It was super massive dose of steroid. To this day, this is the only thing that can save some of those infected by bird flu. Breathing tubes inserted into the lung and tubes to suck out the fluids didn't/doesn't work), Patients die by drowning in their own fluids.

There is an article on SARS+10 years, (2003+10). You can find lots of info and personal stories of the volunteers in SCMP.
My dad has (had?) a DVD sold to raise $ for the survivors families done by all the top stars in HK. I should watch it again.

Best wishes on your story
~ yuki

Archived