[Drama 2013] Thorn Flower / Spine Flower 가시꽃

mistyrain320

I got to watch the ending....i thoroughly enjoyed it....se min didn't get the guy i lol on that one. Hm in the end told se min he loved her which you can tell the feeling was mutual or else she wouldn't visit his grave.
One consolation price as payback to e joon he gets to take care of a very dysfunctional family. The dad in prison, mom will eventually go ad, je min's career is completely destroyed without a chance of a comeback.
The rest of the episode was filler to cover time gap in my opinion....way better than glass mask and once this show is fully subbed ill watch it aain.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Just an update for anyone who hasn't given up on English subs for this drama entirely.

As of late Oct 2013, mvibo has still added no new raws. It looks like they have no intention of taking this drama beyond ep 91, even unsubbed.

But they have now taken the English subs up to ep 34. Signs of life of a sort, but only an insane optimist would believe they will ever get finished. And even if the subs caught up with the mvibo raws, somewhere in 2016 on their current rate of progress, I can't see them wanting to commission subs for the raws they haven't even put on line.

mbvibo is also neglecting many of its other dramas where subs are concerned, including those where it has bought, and vigorously defends, exclusive subbing rights.  Many of those flagged as having English subs on their site (especially jtbc ones) still have only the first one or two eps actually subbed.

Although mvibo remains a good source of (unsubbed) backlist KBS documentaries and cultural programs for people who speak Korean, I can't see why anyone reliant on subtitles should bother subscribing any more. Since I've now watched all the documentaries on that site that interest me, I certainly won't be extending my own subscription.

FUTHER EDIT: As of mid November 2103, mvibo has added English subs for eps 35 and 36, but has also told inquirers by email that they will not be putting up any more episodes. It's not clear whether they mean they will continue to add English subs for the episodes 37-91, but it seems plain they will not be offering anything at all after ep 91. Quite why anyone in their right might would want to watch 91 episodes only of a 120 episode drama is quite beyond me. Maybe on the strange planet mvibo inhabits it makes (business) sense. It certainly makes no creative sense. People with no Korean are being robbed of the chance to enjoy what, in my view at least is just about the best daily drama I've ever seen.

This would be bad enough if the rights holders were not so intent on banning any third-party attempts to sub this drama. But as it is, mvibo have secured exclusive rights to produce English subs for it, failed to come up with those subs, and yet let their lawyers loose on anyone who tries to produce subs independently.  If I didn't understand Korean well enough to follow without subs, I think this sort of thing would put me off Kdramas for good.

• 1 year later...

Just a note for anyone who visits this thread in the hope of still  finding this very good drama somewhere. 

Mvibo is long-since defunct, and before packing up altogether they silently deleted what episodes they once did have, along with the English subs.

All the episodes can still be found, but with no subs in any language, on the rather pricey subscription site showboom.com. though it's not accessible to US viewers.

However, for those who understand either Korean or Mandarin, the whole drama is available on a Taiwan-market  DVD from yesasia and elsewhere. The boxed set is $90, which isn't at all bad for over 70 hours of drama.

To make life still more difficult, they've given it yet another international title, and it's now called "Flower of Revenge", which is what you need to search for (or its Chinese title 荊棘花). It's dual audio (Korean or dubbed Mandarin) and there are no English (or Korean) subs.

The set is  typical of such  items for the Taiwan market, in that the actual images are rather less than standard DVD resolution (more like VCD standard) and are heavily "letterboxed" with wide black margins on all sides. On the bottom black margin, trespassing only very slightly on to the actual picture, there are hard-coded (= can't be turned off) Mandarin subs in rather large (traditional) characters.

Thank big media and their US government backers for wiping out the filelockers where otherwise this drama would still have been accessible to anyone who appreciated its qualities, with no genuine loss of revenue to the copyright owners.

@valsava and @tinatrix236
Annyeong Chingu  :-h :-h :-h@valsava.... we missed you in the chat room.  Tina and i saw epidose1-3... I will continue watching on my own so I can be up to date until wee chat again.This thread seem have some activity. 

• 1 month later...

jTBC released many of their older shows through Viki recently, many this one stands a chance? (unless they're only doing it with mini-series)

@joojanah, I know... I am so happy they did it.. Lets submit a title request for that. It only takes a moment. At least they will know that people have interest in it.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

jTBC released many of their older shows through Viki recently, many this one stands a chance? (unless they're only doing it with mini-series)

@joojanah, I know... I am so happy they did it.. Lets submit a title request for that. It only takes a moment. At least they will know that people have interest in it.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

​That's a good idea, I've just filled the form.

Archived