------------* Bio Oil :: The Stuff Miracles are Made of!

Guest anjelique

Yea it made me break out like crazy. Brought back the major pimples I had back in 4th grade which was pretty severe. Now they won't go away. I guess don't work for everyone right D:

I wish it would go away...Anybody know any solutions?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest miyomi

^yeah same here, i used it night time...then i wake up the next morning look in the mirror and started screaming :sweatingbullets:

it gave me soooo many pimples :crazy: ....BUT if you exfoliate and then keep using it they'll go away, fine went away the next day woot!~hehe

also dont put too much on your face!if after you're done massaging your face or w/e with it and it still looks very very shiny and theirs like bio oil that doesnt feel like it was sucked up by your skin, use some blotting paper or a towel to tap away the extra~ too much of a good thing doesnt = more goodness lol

didn't get breakouts from this but it's not a miracle product. used it for 2 1/2 months but didn't see any dramatic results. maybe a little but then again, it can be a psychological thing. ^_^ it's a good moisturizer though.

Saw Bio Oil at Target. I picked it up, but I wasn't sure it was the same product mentioned here. So I didn't purchase it. Maybe I will next time.

Guest miyomi

i bought bio oil like last week and it has been made my skin so soft and my pimple scars have been fading

i love bio oil

i have combination skin, and it works for my skin, hopefully i dont start breaking out

cuz i heard stuff about products working at first, but u get immune to it and u start breaking out or your skin goes back to normal

but yeaa, i recomend bio oil

you wont get immune to it, b/c bio oil is basically vitamins...one sec lol i need to go grab my bottle and read the ingredients list hahahah

...no ingredients on the bottle,maybe on the box?xp

....okay so here it is:

COMPLETE BIO-OIL INGREDIENT LIST WITH EFFECTS OF EACH INGREDIENT AND WHAT THEY ARE FOR

vit a, anti aging ingredient and is moisturizing,e (vit e is the tocopheryl acetate)helps with scarring and gives you that "glow', calendula oil which is from marigolds and is for reducing scars etc , lavender oil which soothes burns, helps headaches, and relaxes muscle tension and is used for acne, chamomile which promotes healing and soothes dry irritated skin, retinyl palmitate which is a form of retinol and vit a this help wrinkles, benzyl salicylate which is a salicylic acid benzyl ester(esters usually are for pleasing smells and tastes lol i learned this all in chem), and helps with acne again and sunburn, isopropyl myristate so that all this can be sucked up by your skin and this is also an ester i think..of propanol lol so this also contribute to the smell, the first ingredient which is paraffinum liquidum is mineral oil, triisononanoin is the triester of glycerin and in this case also helps the sin absorb the bio oil and this also help condition skin, cetearyl ethylhexanoate this softens skin and also is a thickener for the bio oil, helianthus oil :lol: at fancy name for sunflower oil this also makes your skin soft and helps with the elasticity, glycine soja oil which is basically wild soy bean oil and has lotsa vit e, BHT which is a strong antioxidant, bisabolol this is from chamomile and help the bio oil not be irritating to your skin =), parfum which is duh the smell, amyl cinnmal i think this is also for the smell doesn really do much else :) , citronellol this is from geraniums and rosesand is also for the smell oooo and it also repell bugs hehe :w00t: , coumarin is an antioxidant this is from phenylalanine which is an amino acid BUT this is funny haha i remember they use this to sweeten pepsi now :rolleyes: , then eugenol which is from cloves :blink: this one ISNT that great for you b/c it cause skin inflammation and irritation and MAY cause skin cell death! and photosensistivity :crazy: BUT THE BAD EFFECTS OF GERANIOL ARE COUNTERACTED BY THE BISABOLOL AND BENZYL SALICYLATE AND MAYBE THE RETYNYL PALMITATE?), then geraniol which is a alcohol and is found in rose etc and is also an ester which scents the bio oil FUN FACT this repells mosquitos but attracts bees and is found in aged cigars :lol: anyways this vital to BIOSYNTHESIS which makes your body produce vitamins,proteins and antibiotics, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde this gives the bio oil its floral scent but is an allergen however the allergen part is counteracted by other ingredients in bio oil this is one of the ingredients they use in deodorant ot give it its smell RANDOM FACT: because its an -aldehyde its part of the carbonyl group is polar and has a higher boiling point than other alkenes the same same :lol: i hope i got that right, im still mixig up my alkenes and alkanes for some reason), next limonene this is also for smell but doctors are saying it may be used as an anti-cancer agent another thing about this, it can cause "contact dermatitus" meaning rashes but again the 4382653864300 other anti irritants and anti inflammatories in bio oil counteract this, linalool this is the yummy smell from lavender it can cause ill effect on the skin but since this is near the end of the ingredient list, there is very little of it meaning it prolly wont do anything bad, alpha-isomethyl ionone this is also a scent but can sensitize skin, :w00t: AND THE LAST INGREDIENT ci 26100 this is also known as 'RED 17" and gives bio oil its color.

:phew: yeah i just wrote all that..no copy paste hahaha i hope thats helpful to someone( lol @my research skills and actually listening in chem class hehe)

ooo also b/c the vit e in bio oil is from tocopheryl acetate it should help your eyelashes become thicker and longer =D

Guest jaked

^ Vitamin A is the only proven substance to help wrinkles and scarring since it speeds up the skin cell turnover rate. Why don't people use Retin-A then? It seems like the extra oils are making people break out.

Guest miyomi

^ yeah tretinoin is good,but the turnover can be irritating(the burnnn xp) and cause peeling and i think you need a prescription to get it and it gives you full effects in like 6months?anyways products that you can buy that have it in them have it in such small quantities that it doesnt really make a difference, and yeah the retinol in bio oil is like a watered down version of retin-a

also the idea with the extra oils is the "oil cleansing method" i think its called? here: http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

basically if you add more oil on skin it will produce less oil to cope in the environment and that is supposed to make your skin better and something about how "oil dissolves oil"

anyways i think a reason some ppl seem to be breaking out is b/c maybe their hands werent clean enough? its imperative to have clean hands if your going to be massaging basically oil into your skin for 5mins

they sell it here in ny, in a local pharmacy for only 13-14 bucks

i always thought pregnant people used it for stretch marks, but i think i'll give this a try!

i just have a question..

do any of you put makeup on after you apply bio oil?

if yes, how long do you wait or do you wait at all cause my theory is that since the oil is absorbed by the skin when i put make up on right after i put bio oil i thought maybe the make up would be absorbed as well.

HELP!?

Okay, I just bought Bio-Oil from Target. I'll start using it tomorrow and I'll see how it goes. I don't have any blackheads, but on the OP I found it interesting that they just "slip out."

I'll be applying Bio-Oil to my face and scars/stretchmarks on my upper thighs.

Guest cutemonster

i just have a question..

do any of you put makeup on after you apply bio oil?

if yes, how long do you wait or do you wait at all cause my theory is that since the oil is absorbed by the skin when i put make up on right after i put bio oil i thought maybe the make up would be absorbed as well.

HELP!?

I wouldn't put makeup on RIGHT AFTER you put bio-oil. Usually I wait for 10~20 minutes before I put on my makeup base, which is pretty dry, and the oil makes it easier to apply makeup base, but then if you have a oil-based foundation or base, it's not gonna go on too well.

Guest pinkie91

ur skin looked almost flawless....

i used to have a really bad acne and now i have some scars on ma face...

ur recommendation seems great....

mayb i'll try to use it...

Guest southbeach82

in the beginning of this summer i was getting really bad breakouts and now i still have acne and scars on my forehead.

Do you think bio oil will help prevent acne?

Guest ashleyk1226

I bought bio-oil a few months ago but haven't started using it until today. I have a question for those of you who put it on twice a day. When you put it on in the morning, do you guys also put on sunblock? I'm so paranoid about not wearing sunblock when I go out into the sun >.<. I'm starting to get freckles & sun spots on my face so I always wear sunblock every morning mixed with my moisterizer .. So I don't know if bio-oil will still sink into my skin if I already have those products on my face.

Would it be still be effective if I only applied it once at night? Or maybe I could try putting it on after school then late at night again. >.<

Guest aznluvblue

i think bio-oil really works for me. I used it more than a year and itz great. My skin is smoother and softer. I apply it at night only cuz I don't wanna go out with an oily face. And I'm afraid to put oil on my face and go out in the sun, my skin might get burn.

For those that never used this product before, you should not put it on all over your face, pick a small area and apply it to see if there is any breakout or allergy.

Guest sushiwhore

in the beginning of this summer i was getting really bad breakouts and now i still have acne and scars on my forehead.

Do you think bio oil will help prevent acne?

for soem it does for others it doesnt

o_o iot didnt' help for me =(

so now i'm tryign other things =(

I just started using bio oil maybe two weeks ago.

I have combination skin, so I was a little worried that it might make me break out, but it didn't. It didn't get all of my blackheads out but it did get some out. I use it usually just once a day at night, but sometimes if I'm just staying at home I put it on in the morning too.

The pores on my nose were really visible from blackheads, so even when I'd cleaned the blackheads out there used to always still be a very visible pore there. Using bio oil made my pores less noticeable. Also, I used to have these weird bumps beside my nose that looked like it was acne, but I couldn't pop them or get rid of them ... it's been there for months, I keep putting medicine on them but nothing works. After a few days of using bio oil they started to get smaller, they're almost completely gone now. As for "preventing" acne, I haven't used it for long enough to really know. So far I wouldn't really call it a "miracle product", I used it on a few acne scars and scars on my legs, but it hasn't done much for those, I guess I haven't been using it for long enough?

Also, I was wondering ... when using bio oil is it better to wait for a bit to let the oil seep in and then apply toner and moisturizer, or can you do it right away? And do you even need to use moisturizer? So far at night I've just been applying bio oil, waiting for a bit, and then applying toner, but I don't use moisturizer because it doesn't seem like I need it. & then in the morning when I don't use bio oil, I apply lotion.

Guest ilynspiration

i neeeeeed to get this for my acne! sounds like a gift from heaven hahah.

ooh, has anyone tried this on strech marks? did iit work?

Archived