------------* Bio Oil :: The Stuff Miracles are Made of!

Guest anjelique

Guest c.to_

yea, bio oil is definetely in canada now.

Ok, regarding my try with bio oil, it's a great moisturizer, except when it gets into my hair which makes it oily.

But I gave it to my mom to use, because she's trying to lighten dark spots. :)

yeah! that happens to be too, since my side bangs go over my forehead. the parts that touch my forehead get oily sometimes if i applied to much. I don't know. sometimes i use those oil blotting papers just on my forehead to get rid of the excess and prevent my bangs from looking gross and greasy -__-.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

agree!!! that's exactly what happened to me,my bangs got so oily and gross...

Sorry I can't help with the money question but for the scars one, I think it depends on your scar. Scars from long ago might take a longer time to be remove. If you put it asap on a new scar, it shouldn't take as long. I remember I got a pimple scar and immediately put it on. I actually only put it on a couple times because I get lazy sometimes, and it was gone by itself.

ph03be: omg same with me too! That's why sometimes I'm afraid to use it. I think it breaks me out around the T-zone area. I remember I put some on the area below my nose and a pimple formed yday >__< (it was dead before)

if you had breakouts before,i would suggest you not to use it anymore

i really hate it,i got pimples again :tears:

i got like 3,2 on my chin and 1 around my nose,and it's really hard to get rid of them,omg..!!!

i wish it would do miracle to my face like anyone else does T__T

Guest InfiniteTime

Im a bit confused on how to use this product. I saw it in Wallgreens a while ago and I heard about it but how long does it take for results to appear? It works for acne too? Because I didn't see that mentioned in the box. Is it able to fic a scar on my knee too? it's a HUGE scar too =/

Guest c.to_

Im a bit confused on how to use this product. I saw it in Wall greens a while ago and I heard about it but how long does it take for results to appear? It works for acne too? Because I didn't see that mentioned in the box. Is it able to fic a scar on my knee too? it's a HUGE scar too =/

Well, when you buy it there is a little booklet of a 'how to' for whatever you are trying to target. On the box it says it will fade scars. On the little booklet/pamphlet on the inside it says it'll fade scars from things such at acne, etc. It's not specifically made for helping acne, but i suppose it had properties that may aid it, but it's not made for that.

I'm not sure about bigger scars. you could give it a try. As for amount of time for results, on the box/pamphlet it says to use for a minimum of 3 months. So, it takes a while maybe less time, depending on how our skin reacts to it. For me, results come slow, but it's the one thing that works for me. You just have to use it persistently and be patient :]

Guest chocolate*

For the girls who break out after using bio-oil, what type of skin do you have? Combination, dry, oily?

Guest FooFooRuk

just wanted to say i've been using bio oil for monthss maybe even a whole year i duno

but i had minor breakouts, like hormonal ones

but yeah ever since i stopped using it

i'm not as acne prone as before

but yeah i duno what it did for acne scars, some faded but they weren't like big scars i duno o_o

bio oil is great under makke up but yeh thats it. i don't think its miracle stuff.

Guest ovovoovo

For the girls who break out after using bio-oil, what type of skin do you have? Combination, dry, oily?

I had combination skin, and I broke out badly and I gave up :(

My sister had dry skin, she used bio-oil which made her skin even more drier.

Guest ricearoni

i use a skin whitening facial wash..and i was wondering if i can use it still before applying bio oil? would my skin still be lightened? or should i just use a different cleanser and use bio oil?

Guest ` ilytoo;

ahha. horrible i got a very small white head on the scar i been trying to get rid of RIGHT on top of the scar too LMAO. i guess i over used the bio oil. has that happen to you guys O_O i don't want to seem like a monster.

Guest kuromiko

Here's my review of it:

My skin type is

• dry
  • flaky
  • eczema prone
  • acne/blemish free

I've been moisturizing since I was in kindergarten. I had extremely serious eczema a few years back and switched to cetaphil. Once my skin calmed down, I tried bio oil. And I've been using it for a year now. Love it! I admit, it feels oily on your fingers, but when I apply it, it soaks into my skin. I can still feel a layer of it on my face, but I welcome it since then I know that my skin is hopefully not too try. Though I break out every now and then, bio oil has definitely not been the cause, either hormones or stress. My skin looks radiant (read healthy) after I use it.

I haven't tried it on stretch marks. Will test it out today!

Guest rigashi

I've been using Bio-oil for a year now, and I'm not sure I can live without it lol. It hasn't caused me to break out at all, and I know my skin isn't dependent on it or anything since there were a couple months where I stopped using Bio-oil.

I had really clear and radiant skin 5 months after starting Bio-oil, and then I started using a new skincare line. Wow, bad choice. I reacted so badly to something in products, and I broke out like crazy! It's taken a while to calm my skin back down, and the poor water quality here has been exacerbating my breakouts.

So I started using Bio-oil again, in particular since 10% BP cream was drying out my skin, and it's helped so much to keep my skin under control. I started out only using it at night, but I didn't notice any difference in my skin. It was only after I switched to using Bio-oil every morning and every night that I saw improvements. My skin is soooooooo soft and supple and smooth-feeling. I've stopped getting cysts altogether, and my acne scars are disappearing in about 3 weeks. I'm still getting those small, skin-coloured bumps, but I'm very certain those are due to the poor water quality making it difficult to effectively exfoliate my skin grr.

Hopefully my skin will be clear again by the end of the summer. I have normal-to-oily skin btw.

ive used it for like a month and just stopped using it due to lack of results

its no miracles, but it does work.. im just impatient

Guest simplicity85

i'm currently using it for the scars on my legs.

it says you've to apply twice a day for at least 3 months to see the result.

so far, it works really great. i can see the scars fade slowly.

Guest anniepham

i have really oily skin especially in the t zone, but the cheeks are less oily

should i use bio oil on my oily skin

because i m adding more oil to my face, which can cause breakouts?

i used bio-oil for roughly a month ? it does work ! its just my scar on my leg isn't really fading because I skinned my one area so badly it went deep :( ! so if I keep applying it 2 times - one when I wake up and one right before bed - it would be gone ~ too bad I got REALLY lazy -.-" so I stopped . has anyone tried using it for stretch marks ?

Guest cutemonster

i know it says min. 3 month for result.. .but I've used 1 and half months now... not exactly miracle, there's little change in my acne scars and sometimes it causes me to break out... I have combination skins so I try to avoid the t-zone area and try to last 3 months, ><

Guest c.to_

i have really oily skin especially in the t zone, but the cheeks are less oily

should i use bio oil on my oily skin

because i m adding more oil to my face, which can cause breakouts?

Well, I have oily skin also and it doesn't cause break outs for me. Just don't over apply it. and make sure your face and hands are clean so dirt and bacteria don't get mixed up together and clog your pores.

Archived