[Drama 2013] Wonderful Mama 원더풀 마마

Guest reijaye

Well...I guess they have to drag it all out for another 9 episodes.  Soo Jin is Dr. Hong's half sister, but the witch EO has messed with everyone's lives -

(Seriously- is the Medical system in South Korea such a Corrupt mess?!?) .

EO knows who is related to whom, but this ricochet effect of the messed up DNA test is going to get real tired real fast, in fact it is already over done.  How much longer is this tired story of the DNA fiasco going to go on?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The episode starts with KN and his wife trying to call to call HN. I guess they want to block the news until they find out more about the situation?

YC and HN meet up with BH and BS. BH introduces BS to YC and HN already knows him. BH says treat him like  father and YC goes now your gaining a mom and a dad through marriage. YC oh how you don't know those words can be so hurtful to all three parties. HN mentions that he grew up with his brother after his parents died. BS and BH are getting all emotional over the story. BH excuses herself, KN finds her in between. KN is angry because the clothing factory boss said BH threw away her son and that son came to be KN's brother. KN does not know that EO has orchestrated this. I hate that BH has to suffer all this.

YC gets a chance to speak to BS. She asks if BS is her lover. They just end up chatting. BH gets a text message from KN stating that he will do all he can to block the marriage. Here I thought KN was smart, but man he is going to make this worse. 9 more episodes, I hope they get married.

JH defends the secretary again in front of EO. EO goes thats why your such a loser. YS and DJ go to the competition together. The son gets hurt and YS takes him to the hospital.

Doctor Hong and SJ hang out. He promises to take care of her happiness. He says meet me five times before you go to Hawaii. She is planning to leave, but states she will meet him though. He says he is happy she was given birth to.  SJ catches the secretary meeting with the new male secretary (who is also YS friend). SJ asks if she can see this document to confirm their story. The secretary says no, so SJ goes then she will be honest about this situation. The family goes up in arms when they find out she is a liar. Yet instead of confirming anything, she pulls the she is pregnant card.

DJ messes up, but was allowed to submit her entry. She got distracted thinking about her son, but YS texts her saying they are fine. She get her stuff together. YS calls her and she rushes in. DJ pulls out the prize and the son reads it. They won. YS was walking away, but DJ calls him back. They trade insults about themselves saying do you really want each other? I guess they do because they hug it out.

KN tells his wife he will tell HN about the truth. YC and HN are talking and KN walks in. YC heads to the market, while KN and HN talk about the whole not being blood brothers. BS comes in and he takes them to a meeting with BH. BH reveals she actually invested in the company and that she has alzheimers.

I love the scene between YC and HN. HN is like why did you only get one chair and YC is like my seat is right here. She sits on his lap. They talk about the picture and YC brings up the fact that BH also has one. We now have another pair of people looking into who Minsoo is.

The preview has BH on her knees begging KN not to stop the marriage. YS is about to kiss DJ and goes how he wants to do so much for them. EO stops SJ and Doctor hong from getting together and even slaps him. She then tells SJ that minsoo is doctor hong. An explosive scene occurs, I guess they find about the who lab results fiasco. BH goes you messed up EO and the world will come crashing down on you. The preview end with EO telling HN that there is a reason you can't get married to YC, don't you want to know?

It might be time to start watching again as the events come to a close.

Thanks for the recap!  I think I am going to pass on a few episodes until this whole DNA mess is cleared up.  It is too stupid and just keeps going round and round and round....and round in circles.

Can the writers not think of anything else for 9 episodes????  Enough with this already!

Guest ravebleach85

Very interesting. I just caught up to the whole fiasco. I believe EO is the one that got everything wrong from the beginning. HN is actually Min Soo and the whole DNA thing is all real, the doctor didn't need to fake any of the reports because they were the real results. EO thought the doctor changed the results but in reality the reports didn't need to be changed at all. But I Hope this gets all resolved soon and EO gets what she deserves.

ravebleach85 said: Very interesting. I just caught up to the whole fiasco. I believe EO is the one that got everything wrong from the beginning. HN is actually Min Soo and the whole DNA thing is all real, the doctor didn't need to fake any of the reports because they were the real results. EO thought the doctor changed the results but in reality the reports didn't need to be changed at all. But I Hope this gets all resolved soon and EO gets what she deserves.

laraffinee said: ravebleach85 said: Very interesting. I just caught up to the whole fiasco. I believe EO is the one that got everything wrong from the beginning. HN is actually Min Soo and the whole DNA thing is all real, the doctor didn't need to fake any of the reports because they were the real results. EO thought the doctor changed the results but in reality the reports didn't need to be changed at all. But I Hope this gets all resolved soon and EO gets what she deserves.

Notable events:

Both KN and BH lie to HN and YC. YC goes why does it feel like things are not resolved?

They fast forwarded the 5 dates and doctor Hong asks SJ if she is still leaving? SJ goes they need five more dates. They discuss things and EO/JH sees them together. EO tells doctor hong to get out of her face. EO tells SJ that she can't see him because doctor hong is minsoo. She states that she messed around with the genetics tests and everything. SJ goes she can't support her mom any more because she is going to ruin the whole family.

KN is thinking about BH and his brother. His wife is telling him it may be wise to keep it a secret, but there is no such thing as a secret that stays a secret in kdramas.

There is a huge family moment between HN and YC's families.

SJ leaves her family and tells her dad that the genetics results could have been fradulent. EO rushes to doctor hong and states his dirty blood is the reason why her life has been horrible. BH and BS find out that the results were never fradulent, the genetics doctor states he played along. The results were real. Doctor Hong and HN were switched at birth.

YS and DJ take the kid to get his stitches removed. They encounter the secretary and JH. The secretary is now pregnant.

EO is sitting in her bed and thinking about things. Doctor Hong is called in, and she asks him Doctor Hong if YC and HN are still together. EO runs to HN and calls him to find out if he knows the reason why he can't get married to YC.

The preview has BH telling either BS or someone that EO is going to tell HN. DJ discovers that the secretary and YS' friend have a closer relationship than what they know. YC states that something is going on with HN. BH rushes toward HN calling him minsoo, but the elevator door closes with HN in it.

lj3k99 said: Notable events:

Both KN and BH lie to HN and YC. YC goes why does it feel like things are not resolved?

They fast forwarded the 5 dates and doctor Hong asks SJ if she is still leaving? SJ goes they need five more dates. They discuss things and EO/JH sees them together. EO tells doctor hong to get out of her face. EO tells SJ that she can't see him because doctor hong is minsoo. She states that she messed around with the genetics tests and everything. SJ goes she can't support her mom any more because she is going to ruin the whole family.

KN is thinking about BH and his brother. His wife is telling him it may be wise to keep it a secret, but there is no such thing as a secret that stays a secret in kdramas.

There is a huge family moment between HN and YC's families.

SJ leaves her family and tells her dad that the genetics results could have been fradulent. EO rushes to doctor hong and states his dirty blood is the reason why her life has been horrible. BH and BS find out that the results were never fradulent, the genetics doctor states he played along. The results were real. Doctor Hong and HN were switched at birth.

YS and DJ take the kid to get his stitches removed. They encounter the secretary and JH. The secretary is now pregnant.

EO is sitting in her bed and thinking about things. Doctor Hong is called in, and she asks him Doctor Hong if YC and HN are still together. EO runs to HN and calls him to find out if he knows the reason why he can't get married to YC.

The preview has BH telling either BS or someone that EO is going to tell HN. DJ discovers that the secretary and YS' friend have a closer relationship than what they know. YC states that something is going on with HN. BH rushes toward HN calling him minsoo, but the elevator door closes with HN in it.

Omo! Switched at birth? A birth secret within a birth secret *facepalm*

And ewww he made out with SJ who is actually his blood half sister. I hope they never slept together. At least, YC is not blood related cause can you imagine the therapy those three would need especially HN?

To be honest, I blame the father first for this mess. He couldn't protect his family as a man. He can't blame EO family all he wants, I just find him weak. He shouldn't have had wandering eyes while he was engaged. And certainly not run away like a criminal with his gf. That's my opinion. Not saying that EO is innocent either. Evil wench that she is.

Guest Littlezaznangel

i have a long way to catch up and im not sure if it happened yet.. but i wonder what the secretary's first downfall will be.. about her having the abortion, lieing about her education and parents, or her husband side finding out what kind of woman she is...

Guest annmasae

@laraffinee - totally agree with your post.

The writer justified the low ratings of this drama with the ridiculous "switch at birth" explanation.

It was so upsetting for those of us who faithfully followed this drama hoping for a more believable resolution to the MinSoo mystery.

The only way the writer can save this series is to be sure EO is punished and to be sure the secretary's lies get fully exposed.  If EO or the secretary somehow are forgiven and are not punished I will be really upset.

Thanks for the recaps and comments from everyone. 

On a happier note i hope DJ and YS end up together. They make such a nice family with DJ's son.

Guest Mingstar

Actually I think it is sweet justice and of course very ironic that HN turns out to be Min Soo instead of Dr. Hong.  Serves EO right!   I didn't see that coming at all and am happily surprised at this twist of events.

Arg..I feel so so sorry for Soo Jin now. She felt into depression after the break up and now if she found out Hoon Nam is her half brother. Oh..Can she stand up again? Karma there you go the children bear all the consequences.

Actually I am sad that Min Soo turns up to be HN .... coz I believe how can Min Soo be HN when Soo Jin and HN was dating in the first half of the drama . They are practically going to get married if Soo Jin's mom never stopped them .  How can HN and SJ ever going to face each other .

Dr Hong was in every scene with BH and he took care of her so I was hoping he's Min Soo :)

Guest annmasae

The more i think about it HN can not be Min Soo.  I expect there will be another twist in this already convoluted and confusing drama.

If HN is Min Soo he can not marry YC since the Korean culture is so conservative and would not allow the marriage since they share the same mother. YC is adopted but considers BH her mother.  This relationship would be accepted in the U.S. but not in Korea. 

Anyway I hope Dr.Hong turns out to Min Soo so HN and YC can get married.  They make such a great couple!!!

I hope the writer ties up the loose ends in a realistic manner rather than leaving the audience upset and confused at the ending like many kdramas do. The endings in the Gu Family Book, Lee Soon Shin and Fashion King were very upsetting and lowered my ratings of these good dramas.

The leads in A Hundred Year Inheritance still got married at the end. Though the difference was that the mom in there didn't raise the female lead like in this one, they still went through a lot of drama and break up just to get married (which didn't help the show) My point is this writer can just go in the same direction and still have them married since there is no blood link between them.

I still find it disturbing that he was in a relationship with SJ and almost married her. That's just sick. So I do have a tiny hope that the doctor running the test is just incompetent to save my love for this show.

Archived