[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

phoung

• Replies 44.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

13826709.jpg

IU Says Her Strength is in Her Lack of Beauty

IU said her strength is in her beauty, or, as she says, her lack thereof.

The press conference for You′re the Best Lee Soon Shin was held on March 4. IU, Ko Doo Sim, Lee Mi Sook, Jo Jeong Seok, Son Tae Young, Yoo In Na and other members of the cast were present to talk about the drama.When asked what strengths she would have to show in the drama, IU answered with a laugh, "Other actresses look pretty even when they′re not supposed to. I′m confident I′ll be able to not look pretty in such situations, since I′m actually not pretty."

IU will appear as the lead Lee Soon Shin, the youngest member of a successful family. Despite her family′s successes, however, she seems to have failed to inherit any talent, and is marked as an oddball. She then meets the head of an agency, named Shin Joon Ho (Jo Jeong Seok), and he turns her life around.

"I′m most confident that I can look as shabby and pathetic as Soon Shin is supposed to look without any need for special effects," she said to applause from her cast.

Ko Doo Sim joked, "It was the first time I saw IU, and I found she has friendly looks. She didn′t look out of place on set."

IU introduced her role as "a girl born a loser with no looks, abilities or traits," and said, "I believe my being cast for You′re the Best Lee Soon Shin is a chance given to me by the heavens. I′ll work hard."

You′re the Best Lee Soon Shin is about a mother and daughter who get caught up in unexpected trouble following the death of the father. It will air its first episode on March 9.
http://enewsworld.mnet.com/enews/contents.asp?idx=30544

U & Jo Jung Suk Interview during poster shooting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVafLONDRzo&feature=youtu.be

IU.jpg
class="post-title"IU Talks About Her Anxieties Acting in You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin

During a KBS 2TV press conference for You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin, IU admitted that she has anxieties about being a main character. She said, ”Honestly, my only acting experience was during KBS 2TV Dream High as Pil Suk, so I was very worried.” She also added that she felt undeserving of the part but decided to stick through it with everyone’s support. IU said, “I wanted to believe everyone’s faith in me.”

IU asserted that she will work extra hard on both acting and singing, asking fans to anticipate her new album release along with her drama appearance. Meanwhile, You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin will start airing on March 9th.

http://blog.dramafever.com/2013/03/iu-admits-her-worries-for-her-upcoming-drama/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dramafeverblog+%28DramaFever+Blog%29

IU Confesses about her New Drama Role, “I Worried about if I would Do Well”

IU Confesses about her New Drama Role, "I Worried about if I would Do Well"

Singer and actress IU revealed her thoughts on her first lead role in a drama.

Today at the KBS “Best Lee Soon Shin” press conference, the cast for the drama came together.

IU commented, “I honestly was worried as I’ve only had one acting role before.”

She continued, “Being a lead role for a weekend drama is a big thing and I was worried on whether or not I was fit for this role. While I was debating about this role, the producers and directors supported me. It was because of their support and their confidence in me that I decided to take on this role.”

She added that she would work hard in both acting and singing. Please keep a look out for both the drama and my new album soon.”

This drama will be the new drama to come after “My Daughter Seoyoung” and will begin airing on March 9.

http://www.ohkpop.com/98675/iu-confesses-about-her-new-drama-role-i-worried-about-if-i-would-do-well

IU "I told my mother about my drama and she…"

Singer and actress IU got the question, "How was your family's reaction when you told them about your drama casting?" at the press releasing event of the upcoming KBS 2TV weekend drama, "Lee Soon-sin is the Best".

She answered, "My mother and grandmother love weekend KBS dramas. My mother said, "How can I see you after watching Lee Bo-yeong?" and I told her that Soon-shin also becomes prettier later".

"I told her that the character is quite pathetic at first -- my family supports me a lot".

IU takes on the role of Lee Soon-shin. She was the loner out of the family of two sisters but she earns a turning point in her life thanks to a man named Sin Joon-ho.

Meanwhile, "Lee Soon-sin is the Best" is about a mother and her daughters struggling to get life back and find happiness after the sudden death of the father. To be aired for the first time on the 9th, this month.

http://www.hancinema.net/iu-i-told-my-mother-about-my-drama-and-sheo-53490.html

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', IU "Working with Yoo Inna is a sign from Heaven"

V1rizH8.jpg
IU displayed her bond with her best friend Yoo Inna.

During the 'You're the best Lee Soonshin' press conference, IU stated, "Throughout the years, Yoo Inna unnie was the one that treated me the best. She knows all of my emotional and physical problems. After receiving the synopsis, she was the first person that I talked to. She was the one that cheered me on the most, saying that I should take this role and when I heard that she got the role of Yooshin, it made me so happy that I couldn’t sleep."

IU showed her gratitude, stating. "Inna unnie always cheered me on when she even when she wasn't there during the filming.”

zLKVpEw.jpg

'You’re the best Lee Soonshin' IU's feelings on her first leading role character "I'm confident playing the role of the ‘not pretty’ Lee Soonshin"

IU had gotten the role of the leading character, Lee Soonshin, in the drama 'You're the best Lee Soonshin'. She explained, "Lee Soonshin is a loser. She has no special skills but due to her daring personality, she is able to overcome hardships."

She had revealed, "When they offered me the role of a leading character in the KBS weekend drama, I was worried, wondering if I could do it. However the PD and the writers trusted me so I was able to become more confident. To add on, in most of the dramas when the character isn't supposed to be pretty, the actress playing that role often still looks pretty. So I'm confident that I'll be able to portray a character that's not pretty since I'm not pretty."

Translation: -Hope @ weheartiu
Source: 1,2
http://weheartiu.com/forums/topic/8473-130305-youre-the-best-lee-soonshin-iu-reveals-her-thoughts-about-the-drama/page__pid__144318#entry144318

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', Lee Jinhoon compliments "IU thoroughly prepared herself."

AsztVYB.jpg
Actor Lee Jihoon, who debuted as a singer, complimented his junior, IU.

Lee Jihoon will be playing the part as Kim Younghoon, who will look after Lee Soonshin (IU) while she goes through hardships.

He stated, "I don't know how they got an actress who matches the character of Lee Soonshin so well. I think she prepared herself more than I thought she would."

He continued, "Unlike during my time, there are a lot of cases where actors debut while they're still in their training. So I don't know if it's because they are given advice on how to act right on the set but comparing to my generation of singers that became actors, I think this generation is doing better."

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', Jo Jungsuk "Acting with IU, my family calls me a thief"

FF8pWYc.jpg
Jo Jungsuk revealed his worries regarding acting along side with IU, who is 13 years younger than him.

Jo Jungsuk will be playing the part as Shin Joonho. Shin Joonho will make a bet with his former girlfriend, Choi Yuna (Played by Kim Yoonsuh), that he could make Lee Soonshin (played by IU) into a top star.

When asked about acting with IU, he had revealed, "My family called me a thief. I hope this comment won't become a big issue but it's true. Although we have a large age gap, if IU is ok with it, I will try my best to portray our romantic relationship in the drama."

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', Go Dushim "IU's burden-less looks"

LAT2K61.jpg
Actress, Go Dushim did not fail to shower IU with compliments.

When asked about her thoughts on IU, Go Dushim had replied, "We recorded few scenes together but it didn't feel like we came from different eras."

She continued, "Truthfully, her looks don't burden me. I thought it would be hard for her to do an emotional scene. However, it really surprised me when she just poured out everything during those scenes. It made me think that when a person tries their best in their work, no matter what situation they're put in, they can always show their true qualities. You'll be able to see her brilliant acting."

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', PD "Casting IU? Your worries will be washed away after the 1st episode"

EQCvkB5.jpg
How did singer IU get the leading role in the KBS weekend drama?

When Yoon Sungsik PD was asked why he chose IU to take on a role of a girl that would be called a 'loser', he responded, "When I read the synopsis, the image I got of Lee Soonshin was of a short girl that looked cute rather than glamorous. I thought about actresses that looked like that but I personally thought IU was perfect for that image. After seeing her act in 'Dream High' it definitely showed me her potential as an actress."

However, after meeting IU, Yoon PD was sure of his decision about casting IU. He explained, "I'm confident when saying I think she became the perfect 'Lee Soonshin' after working for a month. I'm sure a lot of people are worried but after seeing the first two episodes, I think everyone's worries will be all washed away."

Translation: -Hope @ weheariu
Source: 1,2,3,4
http://weheartiu.com/forums/topic/8472-130304-youre-the-best-lee-soonshin-lee-jinhoon-jo-jungsuk-go-dushim-and-yoo-pds-thoughts-on-ius-acting/page__pid__144316#entry144316

Archived