Quantcast
Guest thesplatman

do you miss highschool?

Guest Morning Ocean

I miss being a socially awkward adolescent haha.

Guest youngswish

high school was really restricted, uni was better

Guest jammer25

Not one bit. I got into a reputable high school with a population that was largely upper-middle class whites, and felt very out of place. It also felt like I got the high-school mentality out of my system fairly quickly, so in that sense I just wanted to get out of there and move on.

Guest ANJEE<3

absolutely not!

there are things i did and things that happened that just make me want to face palm myself over and over again

the only thing i'd change is my study habits.. damn high school was easy LOL

Guest lmns

I miss not having real responsibilities like when I was in highschool

Guest SlicedBread

I miss my highschool friends, and some teachers...definitely. I don't really miss the lack of independence, though. And I didn't quite like military school, but I guess I deserved it. :-)

High school where I live, is for teenagers 15-23. (the long year span is for those who decide to change their profession along the way)-
I changed mine twice, and I worked for a year, so I graduated high school when I was 21. In my high school, the average age was 17, and since I was the oldest in my class, and also one of the brightest, I was chosen as class representative for the school board in the second month of our first term (out of 2 years), I was soon after appointed school president, which I held for three years, two of which I was in school, the last one I was out in a trial period for work, and I attended the most crucial school meetings, but I left my position after 2.5 years, out of three (due to a very tight schedule). Normally school Presidents are chosen each year, but I was voted twice in a row, and at the end of my second year, there were no candidates suiting for the position, so I volunteered for a final.

With that, came lots of friendships, whenever someone had a problem, they came to me, whenever someone wanted new things implemented, they came to me, new varieties in the cafeteria, better school activities, bullying, school budget, etc. During the years I attended, I was important, I had high status, and I was very popular. Which is what i miss.
After high school, one often does not have a good excuse to do silly things, or nearly have as fun as one had in their early days. And you're just another supervisor/employee.

Guest framboise

Yes and no. I just wish I could go back and do things differently. Or at least enjoy it more. At the time, all I wanted was to grow up faster.
Now I wish I could go back, study harder (though everything worked out fine, but hey) and enjoy how SIMPLE life was.
If I could go back with my adult mindset and change a few things, I would. If I had to simply re-live it, I wouldn't.

Yes for me.. some may think its the most boring part of life,some think not,diff people diff meanings.. for me its a time where we can have fun n at times be serious thinking bout our future,we did many things we regret or happy with n dats the real fun. Well,its in the past now..better not b thinking bout it too much now.

Guest cherrierus

I only miss seeing my friends everyday and how easy it was.

Guest tony

High school was too clique-y. I don't really miss it. That being said, I still hang out with my high-school friends and they are some of the best friends I have.

I don't miss high school--I miss not having any real responsibilities. It was such a simple life even though I didn't know it at the time.

Theres different translations for high school into Finnish, went to a vocational school myself. The only thing i miss is seeing the hot hairdresser students every morning i walked to home class.

Guest canon111

i miss hs, less work less responsibilities

Guest twinkle_l0ve

Yes I miss high school so much! It was so simple, routine, and I think the coming-of-age in high school is a lot more fun that university etc. You get to see all your friends everyday in high school and all the giddy high school romances and gossip was so blissfully innocent lol. 
I recently graduated from university but I miss high school so much more because I think my uni student life was so dull. Sure, I met new people and friends outside of school but I feel like the actual school component of my uni was such a drag.
Young kids these days won't miss high school until they finish :P

Guest theluckystar

Absolutely not, I hated it. First off, I was stuck in normal classes which bored me to death because they were too easy, but at the same time I wasn't smart enough to be in AP classes. (Yes, I did try. It didn't end well.) Secondly, I was not at all social due to all the teasing from elementary and middle school which made me, the "quiet kid", an easy target in high school. Never in a million years would I miss it.

Guest pooh77

yeah i do! the happiest time for me is highschool. i didn't think too much, worry too much about future, just do it. i didn't have responsibility for my family, for makes my parents happy or something. now, almost i don't have self time for me. work work work :((

Guest blackglory

yeah i do miss my highschool. i get real friends there. a sincere friend.

Guest <3 Kim

I don't miss highschool at all. No freedom and our school made us follow stupid rules that were ridiculous.