Quantcast
Guest thesplatman

do you miss highschool?

Guest stupefaction

nah, you might miss it in a nostalgic way but going through all that awkward growing up clique richard simmons is just not my idea of sentimental.

I had a neither shitty nor fantastic experience through highschool, just went about my own things. I suppose in hind sight you miss the simplicity of life after you leave highschool but now I'm working a stable 9-5 job that I like and after that I got no worries.

Hell no. I hated HS. My social life was hugely lacking, my grades were richard simmons, and I was ugly. Not that life is amazing now, but I'm much happier now than I was back then. The only thing I miss is my exchange student friends in last year, that's it. If there was an HS reunion, you couldn't pay me enough to attend.

Guest Hello! Project

Do I miss HS? Nooo. Not my high school. My existence was minimal and I was a shy, awkward, angst-filled, goalless girl who was stuck with the worst of people.
Now...if someone asked would I want to live my childhood all over again? Yes please. Not so that I can forsake who I am to make more friends. I would have just been more goal driven since they somehow got lost between middle and hs. 

Guest Toadie

Not at all. I used to rlly hate immature people back then. I always thought that the students were acting like little kids and their jokes were so lame and gross. I wasnt doing well at school either lol until my senior year, i started to become more social and open-minded. I think the people around me were less childish. Overall, i hated highschool with a passion LOL.

Guest ling_ling

Yes, of course
It was a major part of my life where I had tons of fun and memories and absolutely no responsibilities
Would I want to go back though? HELL NO!
Same with university. (not college though because that sucked)

But why? I only miss it because it was a time that is very different to now and its nostalgia
Im happy where I am now. I am moving up in my world, I have responsibilities that I want to have and I am getting married! Im starting my own life that I am dictating. Its my life and no one elses. I choose what I do. etc

Guest stephaniemichelle

I suppose I miss HS by and by. I think it was because I wasn't very aware what went on socially since I was always to myself and just saw the sea of people just things to walk around as my destination are the teachers teaching you and you do the work to appease them.
Can't say that I was a nerd in that sense. I wasn't really smart. An average student with no advance classes to say I was asian smart.
Not like I was jerk neither. I replied politely when I was talked to. Can't say I was totally anti-social neither. I had my share of acquaintances and a couple of bfs (not at the same time of course)

What I definitely miss about school in general was given something to do so to stimulate my mind and finish things since I guess I'm task-oriented that way.

Just when it got to college I became aware how I don't have much personality in which even after college I'm still picking up the pieces of figuring out who I am. Guess I'm just a late-bloomer :]

Guest ffadicted

Not really honest... as a late bloomer it was just not my prime hahaNow I gotta say college on the other hand... definitly miss THAT haha such a carefree lifestyle -.-

Guest moochi2000

I don't know if I miss it.  I honestly had an awesome time in my undergrad and wouldn't mind living in that time again.  High school was not bad but it seemed like a phase for me.

Yes; there was that consistency and security that is so absent now..Friends were not friends to network or cause of partying, classes and teachers had a unified curriculum, etc. Not that those things don't apply now, just that they seem more rare.

Guest changjun

전말 다시 학교 다니면 좋겠는디 ㅠㅠ

Guest HERMIT

I guess for me to miss it, I have to remember it first.
When I left high school - man, that was 27 years ago.

Guest discofuse

Yes kind of. High school for me was fine, not the best but it wasn't bad either. I only wish I did more when I was there....

Guest [Deleted User]

The user and all related content has been deleted.

My highschool experience was beyond bland. Studies was my first and only priority; hence, it was really boring. What I'd miss then though was the setting of high school. This is something I discovered about myself as I browse through stories on fictionpress, I am always leaning towards reading something in a high school setting. Maybe because I would like to rewrite my high school story in a not-so-bland way. Maybe it's one of my regret-coping mechanisms. 
No, I do not regret that I focused on my studies when I was young. In fact, it was one of the better decisions I did in my life because that's what took me to where I am now. My regrets would only be that I didn't fully appreciate my high school surroundings--that period of early 2000s, my classmates and friends, the fun of being in high school, the experience of wearing uniforms and having the same schedule everyday, the sense of being a young student, and even the lack of prom, school tours and senior nights (yes I blame my school for that, not myself). Basically, I regret that high school just breezed through me.

Guest Dashell

I miss the free time I used to have in high school. Unfortunately, I was a loser in high school and really socially awkward. College is ok because people are nicer but so much work. I want to do so many things but only have time for homework and studying.

Guest Raye

I definitely miss the social aspect of high school and seeing my friends on a frequent basis. I don't miss how stressed I was able meeting deadlines or worrying about other teenage problems like if I'll ever get a girlfriend or my image. If I had the chance, I'd want to relive those four years and make them a little more significant. I wound up just going home after school every time because my parents would make a big fuss about dropping me off or picking me up at odd hours for clubs and activities so I never bothered to join any.

Guest byebyebye1430292625

Yes.
I actually wanna go back to high school and stay there forever. Don't have to think too much about the future.

Guest nana544

Do I? Not that I didn't have a pleasant experience; because I did. But if I were ask to relived it again, then no thank you because I'm glad that chapter in my life is over, I'm moving on to greater things in life.