Want to write great content for Soompi.com? (No, you don't need to know Korean!)

melkimx

Hi Soompiers,

If you have an opinion about Korean entertainment and you want to express it, email melkimx@soompi.com! Whether it's reviews (MVs, songs, albums, dramas, or movies), opinion editorials (K-Pop, K-Dramas, or the entertainment scene in general), fashion or beauty articles (related to Korean entertainment, of course), or even something totally different, if you're a terrific writer and you have a big love of K-Pop, then we want to hear from you! Name your preferences -- what do you want to write? How often? What are your rates, or perhaps you'd rather be compensated with a little publicity (links to your own blog, pictures, etc.)? Of course, we also have to know what you can do, so send us writing samples, a link to your blog, or just write a really long email about yourself so we can get to know you.

That's all for now, but we hope to hear from all aspiring K-Pop bloggers soon!

- Team Soompi

It probably is for K-pop and nothing else.

I would do a complete overhaul of the article-writing section. Everything is poorly written and it only is about trivial things like "who is prettier?" and other things like that.

It needs more Entertainment in general. I rarely see a movie article.

It needs sources. You've got mistranslated articles with too much of the writer's opinions and it makes content verification more difficult.

You actually PAY these people? You've got more problems on this site than I thought.

Guest dolljjang

I want to contribute a beauty tutorial, mostly about ulzzang style. you can check it on my blog below. Can I mail to whole content to your mail at melkimx@soompi.com? thanks :)

You may want to put together trivial picture comments into a weekend article, like a "Social Media/Picture Update: Week 1/28-2/2/13".

You have people writing blog posts about blog posts that are a few sentences long. There are so many of them that they produce a lot of clutter.

odaesan said: You may want to put together trivial picture comments into a weekend article, like a "Social Media/Picture Update: Week 1/28-2/2/13".

You have people writing blog posts about blog posts that are a few sentences long. There are so many of them that they produce a lot of clutter.
This is something we've been wanting to do for a while now, as well as improving our news/editorial product as a whole. We're working on it in bits and pieces - please don't write us off yet :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alyssanace

I have a reference of one good content writer which can deliver best content which is 100% unique & relevant. In fact, this is a content writing agency based in India. Name is Hypertech Services, I can give its website www.hypertechservices.com
I have good experience with them.

• 1 month later...
Guest areebasiddiqui

oh this sounds great. I am a professional writer and i would love to write for this site. I though joined it for k-fashion trends; i will love to share some of my own experiences ^_^

• 8 months later...
Guest PaulaR1430293335

melkimx said: Hi Soompiers,

If you have an opinion about Korean entertainment and you want to express it, email melkimx@soompi.com! Whether it's reviews (MVs, songs, albums, dramas, or movies), opinion editorials (K-Pop, K-Dramas, or the entertainment scene in general), fashion or beauty articles (related to Korean entertainment, of course), or even something totally different, if you're a terrific writer and you have a big love of K-Pop, then we want to hear from you! Name your preferences -- what do you want to write? How often? What are your rates, or perhaps you'd rather be compensated with a little publicity (links to your own blog, pictures, etc.)? Of course, we also have to know what you can do, so send us writing samples, a link to your blog, or just write a really long email about yourself so we can get to know you.

That's all for now, but we hope to hear from all aspiring K-Pop bloggers soon!

- Team Soompi

Archived