How much $$ do you typically set aside for clothes every month?

Guest chlorine

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest inlovewithhim

The most I've spend on clothes in a month was $700- don't ask me where I got the money, I can't even recall. Obviously I regret blowing all that up. :PBut now I budget myself to $100 but right now I surpassed it to $246. T_T And I have some back to school shopping but I may just have to pass on that since my closet and wardrobe currently hates me. @_@

Guest misshermes

I don't usually have a set budget for clothes...... But I *try* not to exceed $500 a month.......... Try............................ I really really need to stop shopping. //FML

• 3 weeks later...

it ranges. i can go for months without shopping but there are certain weeks (ie. lots of sales, holidays) where i can spend up to 300. If i averaged it, it'd probably be around 100 a month, although in the winter months that clothing money is for snowboarding.

• 1 month later...
Guest alisonwonderland

probably like $600 a month? it depends on the season though--I shop a lot during fall and spring, when I transition wardrobe. e.g., every fall I like to buy a new coat, new boots, new purse, etc. I've probably spend $1000 in the past couple weeks, but that's my big haul for the season. Keep in mind I graduated college and have a f/t job :P. Just a year or two ago, when I was a starving student, a once-a-month small trip to Forever21 was my treat lol.

Anyone else in their early 20's? Do you guys also feel the pressure to be more brand-y? I still like to buy cheap clothes, but my mom always tells me that because I'm a young woman now, I should stop buying cheap stuff and wear respectable clothes :(. Before, I couldn't care less if my purse was from Forever 21 or some leather off-brand at Macy's.. Now I just instinctively feel like I'm not allowed to buy that stuff anymore.. Anyone else feel like that?

^ i feel the same way and have been more brand conscious the past couple of years. although for trendy pieces i dont really mind getting them cheap at f21 or h&m. however for staples or timeless pieces i would rather invest in higher end. i have yet to purchase a designer handbag as i am patiently waiting to finally afford prada  :x i'm skipping on mk or coach bags as they aren't really my cup of tea
to answer OP's question, i spend around 300 a month on clothes :/

Guest misskelic

^ yeah ive noticed ive stopped wearing tshirts & shorts all together now since all my clothes are work clothes. i dont even look at sections where i cant wear it to work lol ;_; but on my rare off days i like to wear sweaters & a nice pair of jeans with nice shoes. the vintage/thrift stores in my area have really good selections of quality items so i like to shop there too.
btw im also in my 20s so this explains a lot

Guest alisonwonderland

misskelic said: ^ yeah ive noticed ive stopped wearing tshirts & shorts all together now since all my clothes are work clothes. i dont even look at sections where i cant wear it to work lol ;_;

Guest forgotenm1430293096

I don't know. I just got my first job recently and before that I didn't buy a lot of clothes. I realized that I'm the type of person who doesn't look at how much he spends so I'm thinking of having a clothing budget of 50 just so I don't go overboard.

Guest Hearted

I'm not sure... I set aside increments.. like a piece I don't buy for more than $20, usually $10 or less. I only buy a bit of something I must LOVE. Unless I'm splurging on something high-end, then I would probably set aside less than $40 a month? Just trying to save duh moneys, yeno!

Archived