[Drama 2013] Advertising Genius Lee Tae-baek 광고천재 이태백

Felicia Soh

January 31, 2013  MON/TUE DRAMA ‘Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek’ 
Drama’s Stylish Posters Revealed
Photo Credit: Raemongraein Written By: Jun Ji Young KBS Global
ch_1359438182_-570893597_0.jpg
Posters for the new KBS drama, “Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek” have been revealed.
In the posters, the main copy reads “Advertise Youth” with actors Cho Hyun Jae (as Eddie Kang), Jin Gu (as Lee Tae Baek), Park Ha Sun (as Baek Ji Yoon) and Han Chae Young (as Go Ari) each hold a weapon of choice as if the characters are preparing for an advertising war. The poster seems to show how fierce the advertising world is and how the characters will fight with their lives to survive.
20130129_1359437809..jpg
Eddie Kang is the department head who has the nickname “perfect strategist”. He has the ability to revive dead project proposals. Lee Tae Baek or “Mentality of Steel” is the art director who is not afraid of challenges. Copywriter or “Walking Dictionary” Baek Ji Yoon loves all kinds of letters while ad exec. Go Ari, “Seductress”, has charms that can melt anyone’s heart. The poster perfectly shows the distinct characteristics of the four main characters through sensual touches of the brush.
“Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek” is a creative drama based on the life of ad exec. Lee Jae Suk and will delve deep into the lives of people with passion for advertising.
The drama is armed with great design as well as great teamwork among the cast and crew which is evident from the posters. The new drama will take over the timeslot for “School 2013”, premiering Feb. 4th at 10 p.m.

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

January 30, 2013
"Lee Tae-baek" Jin Goo and Park Ha-seon hang from the wires
Source: TVREPORT via Hancinema.net l Nate
201301311145772562_5109db6fed705.jpg
Jin Goo and Park Ha-seon hung from the wires perfectly.
Still cuts of the upcoming KBS 2 drama "Lee Tae-baek" were released on the 31st.
In this scene from the first episode, Lee Tae-baek (Jin Goo) and Baek Ji-yoon (Park Ha-seon) are wearing safety helmets and hanging from the sides of buildings.
Despite the cold, the two were hanging from just a single wire each for 5~6 hours. However, they didn't show their exhaustion and continued do to their work.
It was a dangerous situation but Jin Goo has a great sense of athleticism and Park Ha-seon enjoys wall climbing as a hobby.
Apparently, the atmosphere was as tense as the possible dangers around it. However, the actor and the actress didn't hesitate and did what was told. Thanks to everyone's efforts and hard work, hopefully this drama will become a success.
Meanwhile, "Lee Tae-baek" is being shown for the first time at 10PM on the 4th of February.
mt_1359619262_120784477_0.jpg
20130131000484_0.jpg

Disclaimer: Google-gist only
January 31, 2013
'Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek' Fans of Jin Goo Donating Rice Wreaths
Source: Nate
1359602606_458527.jpg
Members from Jin Goo's Fan Club had donated 240kg rice wreaths to cheer and support the actor's upcoming new drama series 'Ad Genius Lee Tae Baek.' The donated rice will be distributed to families with undernourished children as requested by Jin Goo.

January 30, 2013
Secret Han Sun-Hwa trying acting for the first time, "want to be couple with Jin-Gu"
Source: Innolife Korea
Han Sun-Hwa of group Secret, who is trying acting for the first time, made people laugh by mentioning "I want to act as a couple with Jin-Gu." On the 30th, press conference for new KBS Monday-Tuesday drama 'Advertisement Genius Lee Tae-Baek' was held at Conrad hotel in Seoul. Han Sun-Hwa will be acting the role of a narrator model Lee So-Ran, who is Lee Tae-Baek(Jin-Gu)'s sister. 
This day, Han Sun-Hwa said, "In the drama, Lee So-Ran is very lively and childish at the same time. However, she also cares deeply about her grandmother and her brother. I think I'll be able to do well, since the character is actually similar to my usual character."
She also mentioned, "I wish Jin-Gu would be my boyfriend more than my brother. Jin-Gu's human outlook and personality, also the passion for his own work made me flutter. I want to act as a couple with Jin-Gu later on."
The first episode of 'Advertisement Genius Lee Tae-Baek' will be aired on February 4th.
ch_1359601682_-279539258_0.jpgNate

January 31, 2013
Secret's Han Sunhwa Admits, “I wish Jin Goo was cast as my boyfriend.”
Source: KDramaStars
BOO_20130131110934_V.jpg
Han Sunhwa from girl group Secret revealed great interest in actor Jin Goo.
On January 30th, the press conference for upcoming KBS drama “Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek” took place at the Conrad Seoul Hotel in Yeouido, Seoul.
On the event, Sunhwa expressed her desired to cast as Jin Goo's love interest. She said, “I wish I was cast as Jin Goo's girlfriend. He the best at everything. I love his personality. I am very envious of Park Ha Sun.”
She also commented about her role as Jin Goo's younger sister, she said, “Even though it is my first time acting, I think I will do a good job, the role's personality and mine are very similar. I know I will face some challenges and I will learn from them.” Besides the idol, main actors Jin Gu, Park Ha Sun, Jung Hyun Jae, Han Chae Young were present, as well as supporting actors Kwang Hee Sung ,Go Chang Suk, and Ah Young.
“Advertisement Genius Lee Tae Baek” will air for the first time on February 4th, on KBS at 9:55PM.

rubie said:
January 30, 2013
Ko Chang-seok stars in "Lee Tae-baek" "To watch Jin Goo act"
Source: TVREPORT via Hancinema.net
20130130_1359525971_81649300_1.jpg?13595
Actor Ko Chang-seok said, "I was offered roles in several dramas unlike Jin Goo" when Jin Goo said, "I didn't star in a drama because I didn't want to. I didn't get any offers" at the press release event of the upcoming KBS 2TV drama "Lee Tae-baek".
Currently popular for his appearances in various entertainment programs, Ko Chang-seok said the reason he chose "Lee Tae-baek" was so that he could see how Jin Goo the 'professional gangster actor', performed in the drama he's leading in other than the favorable director and characters.
About his character, he said, "I am trying to get rid of the existing image I have. But still it requires a lot of my usual speech and habits. I am trying to put in bits and pieces of comedy in between".
The role of Ma Jin-ga is the owner of the advertisement company GRC. He looks like a playboy but is actually an advertising legend.
Ko Chang-seok said, "I don't advise my juniors on how to act. A seniors lame advise could destroy a good actor. I make them throw possible ad-libs. I try to become close to them but advising them on what to do can be dangerous.
"Lee Tae-baek" is the growth story of Lee Tae-baek, a born artist who overcomes his obstacle of a high school graduate and becomes a leading advertisement man. The cast includes Jin Goo, Park Ha-seon, Han Chae-young, Jo Hyeon-jae, Sunhwa and more.

^ Thanks for the article, Felicia.. KCS and JG acted together in the movie 'Showdown'.. indeed it'll be a treat to see JG tackling a non-gangster role. He wasn't in a bad boy role all the time but it's one that became more known.which probably a blessing in disguise to see a completely turnaround role. ^^
February 1, 2013
Source: Nate
130201_510b0bf3c5fd1.jpg

Thanks rubie for highlighting JG and KCS previous movie collaboration.

Some latest promotional pictures of the drama at KBS site :

T2012-0985.jpg

event002.jpg

Source : KBS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EDIT : Found a link to watch the cast of AGLTB during their Press Con appearance including clips of interview and the main cast introducing their respective role characters and bits of preview too.

Click here to watch

Felicia Hahaha yes! He has this playboy look that makes us think he's giving us a flirty look even when he's not even trying. :)) Can't believe he's already 33. He doesn't look like it to me.rubie Omg The Showdown. I can't believe I have forgotten they have acted in the same movie before. I've seen the movie just a month ago and JG even brutally killed KCS in the movie. Me = FAIL!ETA:
I admit I am pretty upset by the comments in dramabeans, when news of JHJ was cast, and fans of him want him to be the main lead instead of JG (it's like - who is he?). Buuuuut! Of course I know these reactions are normal, since they are a fan of him. And I kind of understand.. Because I have been there. I only found out who Jin Goo really is in 2011, even though I have been watching movies with him in it for years. I have watched Mother, A Bittersweet Life, Love Me Not and I didn't really notice him. But the way he finally took my attention was the weirdest - because of his red carpet outfit in Blue Dragon Film Awards. (That! Tie!) And the rest is history. (And when I look at his filmography, I realised he has been working hard since his debut, from very small roles in movies and dramas to this day. A lead role in a drama ^^)
OK, enough of Jin Goo.. but I do hope this drama will get popular internationally, so maybe there will be more fans for real life underdog JG. 
ANYWAY!!! 2 more days!

alovenote said: Felicia Hahaha yes! He has this playboy look that makes us think he's giving us a flirty look even when he's not even trying. :)) Can't believe he's already 33. He doesn't look like it to me.rubie Omg The Showdown. I can't believe I have forgotten they have acted in the same movie before. I've seen the movie just a month ago and JG even brutally killed KCS in the movie. Me = FAIL!ETA:
I admit I am pretty upset by the comments in dramabeans, when news of JHJ was cast, and fans of him want him to be the main lead instead of JG (it's like - who is he?). Buuuuut! Of course I know these reactions are normal, since they are a fan of him. And I kind of understand.. Because I have been there. I only found out who Jin Goo really is in 2011, even though I have been watching movies with him in it for years. I have watched Mother, A Bittersweet Life, Love Me Not and I didn't really notice him. But the way he finally took my attention was the weirdest - because of his red carpet outfit in Blue Dragon Film Awards. (That! Tie!) And the rest is history. (And when I look at his filmography, I realised he has been working hard since his debut, from very small roles in movies and dramas to this day. A lead role in a drama ^^)
OK, enough of Jin Goo.. but I do hope this drama will get popular internationally, so maybe there will be more fans for real life underdog JG. 
ANYWAY!!! 2 more days!

Guest syahrilaiyub

@prissymom, do you have asianwiki editor email.....? I hope you have, im asking this due, well, look at ad genius lee tae baek on asianwiki and yeah you spot unfairness there. If you wanna me explain on the unfairness sure.... No Jo Hyun Jae name and description :-/

Archived