SM AUDITION - San Francisco

Guest BaEkKyOuNg_LoVeR

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ YUSSS I totally noticed that they liked people who sang in korean rather than english T__T And yeahhh they don't seem to like people with deep voices -_- I think they like a voice that sounds very smooth & uhhhhhhhhhhhh ... high? I can't find the right words but something along those lines~! Haha xD

Wow those heights are prettyyy o___o short? For here yuss it is but in asia I guess nott~ but 5'8" for a girl is actually pretty tall too ><

Ooooh~ you guys there's a JYP auditions in San Mateo on Oct.21 & 22 (: You guys should go go go~~~ ^_^

Guest Cheeseburgerplease

i hope u guys realize ._. that the average standard for modeling height is extremely lower in asian countries than the US. Instead, going the other way around can take a negative effect. For example, if you were to be a girl... that was 5'8... let's say you were just as tall as all their male artists in SM and taller than most males in china and japan. So for a girl to be taller than them, they would find it very insulting. Here are the average height for ages 20's (full grown basically):

China Male = 5 ft 6.8 in Female = 5 ft 2.4 in

South Korea Male = 5 ft 8.6in Female = 5 ft 3.4 in

Japan Male = 5 ft 6.6 in Female = 5 ft 2.1 in

I got this off of wikipedia. So basically if u want in SM o___O ladies u don't want to get over 5'8 unless u want to be taller than all of sm's artists. That's why i heard they ignored that one pretty girl that was 5'9. Lee Soo Man, would have literally look up to see her and she would have had to bend down. lol... Now in Japan, i know alot of artists that are 5'5-5'6 and they are male o-o

Oh btw, just so u guys know... I noticed SM isn't interested in alto, wankster-style like YG, punkish looking, music where for girls you make your voice deep & loud, jazz, hardcore rock, and if you rap, make sure it's in an asian language. I saw some girls that made their voice hella loud and deep, on american terms, they would be accepted in american idol or something but... the judges gave an OMFG face. Same with the guys. Go with a voice that is youthful, SM is all about that. So basically, if you want in, you need to show them their style in you.

Btw, did u guys notice that majority of people that got call-backs, did not sing an english song?

LOL i noticed that too... they didnt like deep loud voices... and i should've sang a chinese song.. .they seem to be more interested in other people who sang another language..

^ YUSSS I totally noticed that they liked people who sang in korean rather than english T__T And yeahhh they don't seem to like people with deep voices -_- I think they like a voice that sounds very smooth & uhhhhhhhhhhhh ... high? I can't find the right words but something along those lines~! Haha xD

Wow those heights are prettyyy o___o short? For here yuss it is but in asia I guess nott~ but 5'8" for a girl is actually pretty tall too ><

Ooooh~ you guys there's a JYP auditions in San Mateo on Oct.21 & 22 (: You guys should go go go~~~ ^_^

T.T

I knew I should've sang a Japanese song T.T

Edit:

Wait, so "My Heart Will Go On" is NOT a very good song to sing to SM?

Guest cutedorkable

i hope u guys realize ._. that the average standard for modeling height is extremely lower in asian countries than the US. Instead, going the other way around can take a negative effect. For example, if you were to be a girl... that was 5'8... let's say you were just as tall as all their male artists in SM and taller than most males in china and japan. So for a girl to be taller than them, they would find it very insulting. Here are the average height for ages 20's (full grown basically):

China Male = 5 ft 6.8 in Female = 5 ft 2.4 in

South Korea Male = 5 ft 8.6in Female = 5 ft 3.4 in

Japan Male = 5 ft 6.6 in Female = 5 ft 2.1 in

I got this off of wikipedia. So basically if u want in SM o___O ladies u don't want to get over 5'8 unless u want to be taller than all of sm's artists. That's why i heard they ignored that one pretty girl that was 5'9. Lee Soo Man, would have literally look up to see her and she would have had to bend down. lol... Now in Japan, i know alot of artists that are 5'5-5'6 and they are male o-o

Oh btw, just so u guys know... I noticed SM isn't interested in alto, wankster-style like YG, punkish looking, music where for girls you make your voice deep & loud, jazz, hardcore rock, and if you rap, make sure it's in an asian language. I saw some girls that made their voice hella loud and deep, on american terms, they would be accepted in american idol or something but... the judges gave an OMFG face. Same with the guys. Go with a voice that is youthful, SM is all about that. So basically, if you want in, you need to show them their style in you.

Btw, did u guys notice that majority of people that got call-backs, did not sing an english song?

ahh thats totally scary....i am soo gunan be booted off, i have like a sort of kelly clarkson voice and like singing an eng song....argh gotta change song now

Guest xjustsweet

^ this totally makes more sense then what ive been told. thnks!

yeah, it would NOT make sense that LSM would beat his

artist cuz

1. they are making sooooo MUCH fer him so WTF!?

2. they all say that LSM is like a second father (true or false? is it fer show?)

3. his company is gonna go wayyyyy down if its proven.

BTW...WHAT IS FACE EXERCISE?

Oh yeah, and guys... I noticed that... 90% of all the guys that sang good... sang... EXACTLY the same, with EXACTLY the same voice, WITH EXACTLY the same style. At first i thought the judges had bad taste... because these guys REALLY can sing and were singing in chinese/korean too. So after a period of time, it hit me that the judges have been getting tired of that. Basically, almost all of SM's artists are unique. They pick unique over talent & looks over talent. This is because of the following reasons:

Why not for talent? Potential to them is talent. Almost ANYONE with the appropriate training can become a good singer, if not a star, at least a good one.

Why looks? Because music industries prefere to stay as far away from plastic surgery as possible. Being known to do plastic surgery will not help them advance into china and japan, they will be discriminated just as we discriminate plastic surgery in the US. Why do you think they didn't hire KKR for modelling, singing, acting? I saw a clip of him singing too, he can sing o_O Because he had an INSANE amount of plastic surgery and alot of people knows. Heck he sent a picture to a webpage o___ox;; here

359509910_small.jpg.

Money can buy looks right? Well if LSM supported it, then he would have done it, but he can't cause he doesn't support it. I read an article why he stopped his singing career, looks.

What these music industry do... is most likely:

1) Make you do insane dance conditioning, this is as effective as making you run miles and miles. It really works though, you can be really slim. That's why dancers are always so curvy.

2) Rumors as it that LSM likes starving lmao to make his artists more slim <<;; Not know if it's true, but it's smart.

3) Face exercise, it's been proven to be true. And it works insanely effective and alot more accurate than plastic surgery can ever be. Basically, it stretches your muscles so that your face grows with it's full potential.

4) Food. The right food gives your body the right amount of nutrition to make you look better. Why do you think viet people in the US look better than those in their home country? It's food, So start eating healthy.

5) Proper sleeping time, this effects singing as much as looks. That's why the term "beuty sleep" is so well-known, it's literate.

Oh, and if you guys are wondering if SM will hold more auditions next year. I think they most likely will. Probably we'll be seeing more entertainment companies next year or after too. Like Sony Music or something might give it a try. Because, obviously, it was one company that held auditions in the US and everyone just copied. They had no idea that there was going to be so much contestants, and this was well proven in oakland. Audition was supposed to end at 8PM but went well over 10PM. Besides, it's a very smart move to continue on in the US. South Korea is dried up of talents and they have auditions over there weekly. Here however, was the first time the music industry of korea came. They knew they would find so much talent, this was why they put that they would give as much contracts as possible. And as for ethnic, it's not ethnic that disinterest them, it's looks. Why do you think SM are holding auditions in Thailand? o_O They literally want all of Asia.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also... for those that will possible get contracts with SM, read it VERY carefully. They would know americans are foreign to these things and may take advantage of you. And as far as those SM rumors go, the part where it involves beating ._. Man it's all rumors. Most likely it's all made up by hardcore H.O.T. fans. Because none of it has been proven. I noticed the Shinwha incident too... i researched it online and there were no images of proof, instead, every site has a different version. But technically, if LSM did really beat his artists... there is absolutely no way he can get away it. And it's wayyy too risky and not effective. One proof of it actually being true, and not only will the public flip out and boycott, but LSM ends up in jail and in the process the company is detained for illegal activity. Company dies. All LSM really can do to take advantage of you is controlling your music & budget. You can't violate human right, even if you are bill gates, no matter how powerful you are the government will always be the ones armed. And to even try anything beyond the borders of law... and you are within the media... is a very stupid idea. I'm pretty sure LSM isn't stupid. So yeah O-o for those of you that may have distrust of SM cause of rumors, it's just rumors made up by mad fans otherwise the press would be all over it... seriously... journalists are like ants in contact with candy. So what makes fans think they can catch information faster?

But! One thing I really want to know is... exactly how much are SM's artists getting paid? Same rumor sources that bad-mouth SM has it that BoA gets 50 cents per album sold and DBSK made as much as H.O.T. which was 3 cents per album... THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE! If that was true the H.O.T. members couldn't have possibly made their own music company with the amount of money. Music videos cost millions of USD to make and JTL has made over a dozen. This just proves how BS rumors can be.

I study politics and businesses, haha <<;;

WOW! So much info ><

Thanks~

I have the common look I guess..T.T

I thought KKR only did his eyes. 0_0

Guest dyane_crl

The Jennifer I was with wore glasses and I wore a turqouoise/brown-ishy scarf..we were hyper and introducing ourselves to everyone.. I wonder if we met you...hmm ^^

This is sad.. I can't remember names either.. I can only remember clothing...heh...sucks >_<

were you seated near the staff's table? :unsure:

Um, I don't remember names >< I only remember faces. =D

LOL!

Well, I had orange glasses on and off. I wore an orange shirt with a white skirt and brown boots.

I was also with my mom, but she left me alone for a while too :sweatingbullets:

I don't know if telling you my nationality helps because people mistake mine XD

Anyway, maybe if I saw a picture of you, i'll remember! What # were you btw?

i'm #8. ^_^ i guess if lalaloo remembers you then we probably met. :lol:

Kreize - that post was loaded with info. ^_^ you even had an image for proof. :lol:

hey o_o;; viet girls tell me that 0_0 don't look at me. Besides i'm viet ~.~ and it's very true too. I went over there over the summer o_ox;; it's the food i swear. You get so unhealthy so fast.

it's more like the lack of food really. the country is not fully "developed" like in korea or japan. i went over there before and gained like 15 pounds! ..thats becuz i ate too much there.. haha they dont have fatty foods everywhere there like mcdonalds. ;p

Oh and if any of you guys are viet o_ox;; don't think that SM won't ever go for vietnam. Cause... they are promoting k-pop in vietnam right now. Youths in vietnam... DISLIKE viet music. They all listen to k-pop. Man... everyone there knew about k-pop... Every record store has k-pop. Kangta also auditioned there last year i believe. http://youtube.com/watch?v=dtt9eoLxKQY. They wouldn't be there for no reason o_O The tactic of monopolozing music by expanding your industry into a foreign country is to give them enough of your artists so that they get obsessed. Then when you try to expand into their country, they will accept you. That's what they are doing in china! SM had their korean artists sing korean first and imported those into taiwan, then trained their artists chinese, and now even to hire actual chinese people. If you listen to Thai's music, it's like a mimic of k-pop.

i have a hard time believing that they want vietnamese right now.. they're more concentrating on chinese. but that's just me. :/

Guest Appolpai

It's basically techniques that works out the muscles in your face. People look worse than they should because their muscles in their face are operating very well because lack of nutrition. So the exercise allows circulation of blood and allows the muscles to reactivate and take out the trash, like fat. My friend bought the book and showed me their webpages o_o;; look at the before and afters. Basically they teach you to rub your face in certain ways.

http://www.facebuilder.com/results.shtml

http://www.facercise.com/results.shtml

Wow, I need to start doing some face exercises. o_o

meh, probably after China ends up like Japan after the korean industry came in haha. It's cause vietnam's economic isn't developed enough for them to profit. But... think about it... at the same time... vietnam doesn't have a media system... so whoever comes in takes it over. By the time the country develops it's economics, YOUR company controls the entire media. Imagine the money from then. Raise their music and you have total control of it. And really, vietnam is trying their best to copy china lmao.

hmmnn.. i havent thought about that. but china is so big compare to vietnam and other asian countries. right now i think they're concentrating more on chinese.. and maybe in a few years or more.. vietnam and the rest of the world. hah

yes its sad. but everyone copies everyone.

Archived