[Drama 2013] A Hundred Year's Inheritance \ 백년의 유산

Guest fanda4000

Last April, Lee Jung Jin was appointed Ambassador 2013's Advocacy to Improve Awareness for Persons with Disabilities
Another current advocacy of his is to build 100 libraries in Nepal.... I think they are on the 24th library and he tweeted asking donation of English books.... He has traveled to Nepal a few times.......

You just have to admire the guy for having a cause bigger than himself!!!

award_zps4d363717.jpgaward1_zps2f20da6b.jpgaward2_zpsf56a18d5.jpgaward3_zps8eb35278.jpg

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cloh08

@rain719You are awesome, able to follow him and get some pictures.  Thank you again. The first picture where he acknowledged something, his side view, he looked thin, nice.

An interview with Yoo Jin, singer-turned-actress
by:  robotman  on  June 28, 2013 03:10 AM

An interview with Yoo Jin, singer-turned-actress

Yoo Jin, 32, in a hot pink blouse, walked in with a bright smile on her face. She was outspoken unlike Min Chae-won, a reserved character that she played in "A Hundred Year's Inheritance", a weekend drama recently ended with a viewership of over 30 percent.

I feel so free. I think I played such an introvert.

In a cafe in the chic Cheongdam in southern Seoul, She laughed broadly describing what she felt about the end of 50 episodes. She said, In the drama, I went through a lot. I went to a madhouse, lost my memories because of a car accident, got divorced. It was tough both mentally and physically because I had to act in Namhae (of South Gyeongsang Province) for the last part of it.

For the criticism on the drama, which lasted until the end of it, she said, I have never thought that it was a crazy drama since getting the script. It is a family drama about a noodle factory.

Yoo Jin is the first generation of acting idol stars. She made her first debut as a member of girls group SES in 1997 and turned into an actress after taking the leading role in Loving You in 2002. She said, There was no criticism over acting because few idol stars did acting and the public had little expectations. Now, it has become tougher for idol stars to do acting.

Yoo Jinhas known as a beauty mentor among women in their 20s and 30s. She hosts a beauty show introducing how to make up on a cable channel and wrote three beauty books. She said, When I see a new cosmetic product, I always test it. Sometimes, I mix cosmetics. Later, I would like to launch a cosmetics brand bearing my name.

She said she will rest and support her husband for a while.Ki Tae-yeong, her husband, will star in"Scandal", a new drama that follows "A Hundred Year's Inheritance". She said, After marriage, I have more life experiences and a broader acting spectrum. I think Im getting experienced step by step.

When asked what her plan is, she said, I miss the stages where I sang as a singer. I want to do music again someday. But she said what she wants most is playing a different role. She added, Like Chae-won, Ive played good and weak characters. Now, I want to play a strong character so that I can make it shine.

Source from :english.donga.com

Guest NEWMARIO

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; "[iNTERVIEW] Actress EugenePosted on 2013/07/08 by Jessica Kim in CELEBS with 0 Comments

Eugene

Actress Eugene [GG Entertainment]

“I feel a happy disappointment. I personally like family-type dramas where a lot of characters come together so I think I learned a lot by looking at the large variety of characters,” said Eugene, who wrapped up eight months of filming for MBC’s weekend drama “A 100-Year Legacy.” The show was the most-watched drama throughout its run but it also earned as much criticism with some saying that the appearance of elements such as the in comprehendible mother-in-law and daughter-in-law relationship, secret to birth, and sudden car accident, were too forced.

But Eugene is thankful for the show because by working with top veteran actors such as Park Won-sook, Jeon In-hwa and Jung Bo-suk, she came to take another step forward in acting. TenAsia talked to Eugene to hear her thoughts on wrapping up her long journey.

Q. It couldn’t have been easy to work on a drama for eight months.

Eugene I want to try something a bit shorter now (laughs). It was my first time in a 50-part drama but it actually became hard and boring in some aspects starting midway. But it was an experience that helped me get used to working on long stories.

Q. Viewers were enraged by actress Park Won-sook who played your mother-in-law because of how she treated your character in the beginning of the show.

Eugene: I liked it then better for the shoots though because it was more fun and I was more passionate about my character as well. And because I felt such a wide range of emotions whenever we clashed, I even thought, ‘Ah, this is the fun to acting’ (laughs). But it wasn’t tough emotionally because although my character got her hair yanked and such, it wasn’t for real. Mrs. Park always hugged me after such scenes and told me she was sorry.

Q. Were you able to sympathize with your character when she lived with her mother-in-law that is impossible to understand?

Eugene: I don’t think I would’ve gotten married if I was in her situation (laughs).

Q. It must’ve also been hard trying to understand with how much your character puts up with.

Eugene: There were times I thought ‘Why?’ while reading the script but when that happens, I usually tell the director. It’s fine as long as I can convince myself [of the situation] but when I can’t, I do what I need to in order to. And the script sometimes got changed when I gave my opinion.

Q. Your show was always No. 1.

Eugene: I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t conscious of ratings but I’m also not the type that gets affected by it. There are dramas that I’m more attached to even if they don’t score high ratings. I think luck plays a pretty big role as well because even dramas that I thought should do well didn’t because of factors such as the time slot they were lined up in.

Eugene

Actress Eugene [GG Entertainment]

Q. How was your chemistry with actor Lee Jung-jin who played your lover? It was your first time acting with him.

Eugene: We actually shot very few scenes where we acted like a couple. Most of our scenes were about us meeting and then going our own ways so I think the only scene where you could say we were on a date was maybe when we ate together (laughs). But I think things went pretty smoothly.

Q. There were various definitions of love that existed in the show. What is your definition of love?

Eugene: I think trust is the most important element. I think working at keeping that love true is key. A human’s love is not complete. Complete love would be agape love and I think maternal love would be closest to agape love. I think a man and woman’s love is about trying to trust and protect it.

Q. You’re already into the 12th year of your acting career. Do you think you’re improving as an actor?

Eugene: There are definitely things I want to achieve as an actor but I don’t think I should get carried away by it. Every time I get too greedy or proud, something bad happens. There are so many people that aren’t given the chance to act, no matter how much they want to, so I’m just thankful with the fact that I can choose the projects I want to do. I can do two to three projects per year maximum so when I think of how many more I can do while I’m in my thirties, every project feels that much more special. This is something I didn’t realize when I was younger.

Q. Some people still see you as an ‘original girl group member.’ 

Eugene: But I’ve never tried to keep that image. It would actually be pretty funny if I did when I’m an actor (laughs). I’ve rather come to realize, while playing roles such as a mother and single mom, that reality is important to acting. For example, I think it’s also unnatural that actors go to sleep without taking off their make-up in dramas although it can’t be helped because of the time constraints.

Q. Is there any particular character you’d like to play?

Eugene: I’m very drawn to characters that have strong personalities. Whether it’s someone who’s extremely finicky, or curt, or a femme fatale, I’d like to play a character that’s beyond ordinary. I’d also like to try to play someone like Bridget from the movie “Bridget Jones Diary.” It’s disappointing that most of the movies I’ve been in didn’t do well but I’d like to try one again if I were to be handed a good movie.

Q. Is there a producer you really want to try working with?

Eugene: I’d really like to try working with producer Choi Yoon-jung of MBC’s “Coffee Prince.” I think I have a sensitivity that is similar to hers and I think she’s also a detailed producer.

Reporter. Jang Seo Yoon ciel@tenasia.co.kr
Translator. Jessica Kim

Courtesy of GG Entertainment

※ Any copying, republication or redistribution of TENASIA’s content is expressly prohibited without prior consent of TENASIA. Copyright infringement is subject to criminal and civil penalties.
<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>

NEWMARIO said: class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 2.4em; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: inherit; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; "[iNTERVIEW] Actress Eugene

“I feel a happy disappointment. I personally like family-type dramas where a lot of characters come together so I think I learned a lot by looking at the large variety of characters,” said Eugene, who wrapped up eight months of filming for MBC’s weekend drama “A 100-Year Legacy.” The show was the most-watched drama throughout its run but it also earned as much criticism with some saying that the appearance of elements such as the in comprehendible mother-in-law and daughter-in-law relationship, secret to birth, and sudden car accident, were too forced.

the most watched at the same time critiqued as much also...... in other words, people were watching just to criticize??? ah ok now I understand why it got the no.1 ratings........and still the producers, writers, director, MBC didn't listen to the criticisms......... =)) =)) =)) (oh I missed you LOFL guys!!)

Q. Viewers were enraged by actress Park Won-sook who played your mother-in-law because of how she treated your character in the beginning of the show.

Eugene: I liked it then better for the shoots though because it was more fun and I was more passionate about my character as well. And because I felt such a wide range of emotions whenever we clashed, I even thought, ‘Ah, this is the fun to acting’ (laughs). But it wasn’t tough emotionally because although my character got her hair yanked and such, it wasn’t for real. Mrs. Park always hugged me after such scenes and told me she was sorry.

Yup, her character had more meat in the beginning.... was fried in the end!

Q. It must’ve also been hard trying to understand with how much your character puts up with.

Eugene: There were times I thought ‘Why?’ while reading the script but when that happens, I usually tell the director. It’s fine as long as I can convince myself [of the situation] but when I can’t, I do what I need to in order to. And the script sometimes got changed when I gave my opinion.

should have voiced out your opinion more and insisted to have meaningful lines than deh ...:D =))

Q. How was your chemistry with actor Lee Jung-jin who played your lover? It was your first time acting with him.

Eugene: We actually shot very few scenes where we acted like a couple. Most of our scenes were about us meeting and then going our own ways so I think the only scene where you could say we were on a date was maybe when we ate together (laughs). But I think things went pretty smoothly.

the only time they ate together was in ep8 and that wasn't even a date ... so maybe off cam? I've been saying that's why eugene gained the weight cuz she kept eating LJJ's food! =)) =)) Their bts showed they got along pretty well!

Q. Some people still see you as an ‘original girl group member.’ 

Eugene: But I’ve never tried to keep that image. It would actually be pretty funny if I did when I’m an actor (laughs). I’ve rather come to realize, while playing roles such as a mother and single mom, that reality is important to acting. For example, I think it’s also unnatural that actors go to sleep without taking off their make-up in dramas although it can’t be helped because of the time constraints.

don't get me started on this!! how realistic is it to kiss with lips close? how realistic is it to get married without a kiss and just hold hands?  Is it realistic to not even hold hands or embrace when a couple is in a serious relationship?....... @-) :-w >:P :-w

Q. Is there a producer you really want to try working with?

Eugene: I’d really like to try working with producer Choi Yoon-jung of MBC’s “Coffee Prince.” I think I have a sensitivity that is similar to hers and I think she’s also a detailed producer.

ouch for Pan entertainment!!!  What about director and writer - would you want to work with them again?????  =)) =)) =))

Guest cloh08

Thank you all for putting pictures, news on this forum.Can anyone help. I watch my drama streaming on line.  Does anyone download them.  If so could you share which site provides it free.

Guest nessignacio

Oh is that so, thanks for the information, I just wish he could also visit Philippines in the future...I really thank you for that!rain719 said: @nessignacio
LJJ didn't join the cast and crew in their vacation reward at Cebu, Philippines.....

more gorgeous pics of LJJ courtesy of JYP

722550_97498_818_zps68fc5fb4.jpg722550_97499_258_zps4fd7a12d.jpg

Guest nessignacio

So he went to Japan instead of Philippines.....hu hu hu really hope he also visit Manila, Philippines also.rain719 said: LJJ left for Sapporo Japan the other day..... R&R after AHYI???

sapporo_zps1ac8ff8e.jpg

cr:LJJ

Guest NEWMARIO

class="cb b15" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 15px; border: 0px; font-size: 27px; outline: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); letter-spacing: -0.5px; clear: both;"Interview with Lee Jung Jin 'Not Yet on Marriage... Time Will Come Eventually'

Lee Jung Jin is gentle as his character Lee Se Yoon was in the MBC drama "A Hundred Year's Inheritance".
Lee Jung Jin is gentle as his character Lee Se Yoon was in the MBC drama "A Hundred Year's Inheritance".

When actor Lee Jung Jin was asked about his popularity after the drama "A Hundred Year's Inheritance" completed, he stated, "When I go to restaurants, people older than me come out from the back and ask me things like 'Is there anything you want to eat?' and such. To be honest, people who are older don't always recognize idol groups. If they are not interested, they wouldn't know about Girls' Generation or KARA. I really like the fact that those people know I am."

Like Us on Facebook  

When he was asked about what he would do if his parents didn't approve of his love, Lee Jung Jin commented, "I wouldn't talk back to them but I would say something like, 'this is my opinion'" and was unsure.

On his co-star Eugene, Lee Jung Jin stated, "She is like a real actress now. Back then, I felt like she was a singer but all the viewers see her as an actress now. I think she worked extremely hard to become accepted as an actress. She showed a lot."

Regarding his entertainment agency JYP, Lee Jung Jin stated, "Park Jin Young loves to watch dramas and movies. He continued to monitor 'A Hundred Year's Inheritance' but didn't say anything about my acting (laugh)." Lee Jung Jin revealed that he is close to 2PM members as well as Im Seulong from 2AM.

When he was asked to comment on his consistent popularity, Lee Jung Jin stated, "Popularity is like humidity so I try not to get attached. In that sense, I am very glad that I have been an actor for 14 years. I still think that I need to work harder."

Throughout his career, Lee Jung Jin has never had a scandal. Regarding this, he stated, "I was quiet while I went to school too. I didn't do anything that drew attention. There wasn't a scandal because there is nothing going on."

Lee Jung Jin continued, "Honestly, I don't care about publicizing my dating life but people who are not celebrities may feel uncomfortable. It might be okay if the news broke out naturally but I think the other person's opinion is more important than mine."

Lee Jung Jin then revealed that people around him keep telling him to get married but he does not want to at the moment. He stated, "It'll happen when the time comes. I can't get married by myself. I don't rush."

When he was asked about what he is most interested in, Lee Jung Jin answered, "I hope the people around me don't get sick."

Lee Jung Jin also loves to do volunteer work when he has time. He has even been to Nepal for a project to build libraries. He emphasized, "I went there for a trip, not volunteer. When I say volunteer work to people, some people get overwhelmed so I just say 'let's go on a trip'. You can enjoy a trip and just spend two days volunteering. And you just donate whatever amount that fits your budget. It's not something people should feel inadequate about."

cr: kdramastars,com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest goddessofbeauty

MBC 백년의 유산 (A Hundred Year Legacy / 百年的遺產 / 百年の遺産)

tumblr_mrnrm2INxb1spg4ieo1_1280.jpg

이정진 & 유진 (イ・ジョンジン & ユジン)

• 1 month later...

Looks like AHYI did something good after all!!

KOREAN DRAMA AWARDS
October 2, 2013

ALL dramas aired on major TVs and cable networks........ 

CONGRATULATIONS LEE JUNG JIN FOR WINNING THE BEST ACTOR AWARD!!!

The other nominees for that category were:

- Jung Woong In (I Hear Your Voice)

- Lee Jung Jin (A Hundred Year’s Inheritance)

- Lee Seung Gi (Gu Family Book)

- Joo Won (Good Doctor)

- Joo Sang Wook (Good Doctor)

Read more at http://beatuscorner.com/korea-drama-awards-2013-nominees/#XSP8xeF249ulyfWA.99
- Joon In Wong (I Hear Your Voice)

- Lee Sung Gi (Gu Family Book)

- Joo Won (Good Doctor)

- Joo Sang Wook (Good Doctor)

Female Top Excellence (Best Actress)

- Lee Mi Sook (You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin)

- Lee Yo Won (Empire of Gold)

- Gong Hyo Jin (The Master’s Sun)

- Moon Chae Woon (Good Doctor)

- Jo Yoon Hee (Nine)  WINNER

kda_zps9ddbf25d.jpg
kda1_zps50d7a657.jpg
kda2_zpsed715940.jpg
kda3_zpsbd51296c.jpg
kda4_zpsc7ff5b08.jpg
kda5_zps95a3b8b0.jpg
kda6_zpse0bea09e.jpg

cr: naver

• 5 weeks later...

LJJ left for Japan this morning on a 3-day promotional visit by MBC and co hosted by KJ-net ..... It seems that LJJ has captured the hearts of the japanese audience with his portrayal as the warm hearted SY in a hundred years inheritance...... He will have a televised press conference, some pictorials with Japan's leading magazine, fan meeting and individual interviews.....  After winning the Best Actor award at the Korea Drama Awards 2013! and now, success with the Japanese market, 2013 is a great year ......... way to go LJJ!!!

jmtg.jpg

jmtg1.jpg

Archived