Kim Woo Bin 김우빈 I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Everything Will Come True

heartkwbheart

*** I'm glad seeing KWB looking all happy and healthy. He looks so good wearing a gray suit and black tie with that incredible figure showing his long legs and a muscular body. This was his first public appearance in a long time. He posed like a model, just like the old times. I'm happy that he had recovered and was ready to kick off his acting work again. He recently finished filming an upcoming movie 'Alien',

which will mark his first-ever project since his hiatus.     :wut:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

[HanCinema's News] Top 10 Korean Actors Who Started Off As Models

In the Korean entertainment industry, actors come from varied walks of life. Some are scouted at a very young age and become child actors, others transition from being idols to actors. It is also not uncommon for actors to change their careers entirely. Going from modelling to acting is quite a popular changeover and often, casting directors look out specifically for models who have the exact type of visual they are looking for. With that said, here are 10 Korean actors who started out as models and are now hugely successful actors.

photo1348297.jpg

Kim Woo-bin

Kim Woo-bin is truly one of the most beloved actors in the Korean entertainment industry, known for his ability to make his viewers laugh and cry with him. He began his career as a model in 2008 and soon after, debuted as an actor with "Drama Special - White Christmas".

(skipped unrelated.....)

• 2 weeks later...

*** Kim Woo Bin is considering a starring role in the new drama "Delivery Knight."  It is a dystopian story about a legendary delivery knight in a world where everything has to be delivered because pollution is so severe. Kim Woo Bin would take on the role of the legendary delivery knight. If he accepts, it would be his first drama in many years. It will air on Netflix.  :kitty:

[K-Star’s Best Character] Kim Woo Bin’s Long-Awaited Return

dignity-kim-woo-bin.jpg

Kim Woo Bin, a 6′ 2 former fashion model, mainly played tough and rebellious high-schoolers in the early days of his career. He made his debut as Kang Mir in KBS White Christmas in 2011, and his nickname was ‘Crazy Mir’ with his red hair who strolls around a highly prestigious high school. In SBS A Gentleman’s Dignity, the following year, he appeared as a student who causes trouble to a teacher he secretly fancies. In it, he makes her laugh with his quirky behaviors. Later, in KBS School 2013, he plays a suspended transfer student with a tragic hidden story. With his first lead role in School 2013, he won the Best New Male Award at the 2013 Asia Pacific Star Awards.

Kim Woo Bin movies Credit: Lotte Entertainment

Kim Woo Bin’s screen debut was Friend: The Great Legacy (2013), a sequel that came out in 12 years. In the previous work, Friend, he played the secret son of Dong Su (Jang Dong Gun), who was killed by the betrayal of a friend he trusted among his four friends. He appeared as one of the young generations of a criminal organization who was not afraid to curse or kill. While playing the role, he even described the character as “one of the most badass roles he played.”

While steadily expanding his popularity, he participated in SBS The Heirs (2013) and stood out As Choi Young Do, the young heir of a hotel. In it, his clever line, “See, good looks hide poor quality,” has gone viral online. The character’s unique confidence in the line was impressive.

Kim Woo Bin movies Credit: Next Entertainment World

Since 2014, Kim Woo Bin has been steadily focusing on his career on big screens. In the caper movie The Con Artists (2014), he made up for the quality of the film with his charms. Moreover, in Twenty (2015), he pleasantly showed the quirky side of the young people around his age. In Master (2016), he starred with outstanding stars like Lee Byung Hun and Kang Dong Won and breathed life into his role with his tongue-in-cheek acting.

Spoiler

04-5.jpg

This year, Kim Woo Bin has set on some exciting new projects. He had a four-year hiatus due to an illness after Master. Now he has been preparing for a comeback that began with the news of his full recovery last year. First of all, a sci-fi action movie Alien is preparing for release in the second half of the year. It has characters from the end of Goryeo and aliens traveling back and forth between time and space. It was recently reported that Kim is contemplating to star in Netflix’s Delivery Knight and writer Noh Hee Kyung’s new work Our Blues. As he is likely to keep himself busy this year, We look forward to seeing his healthy progress.

source : https://zapzee.net/2021/07/18/k-stars-best-character-kim-woo-bins-long-awaited-comeback/

Edited by gm4queen
Please put 4th image onwards under spoilers! Thanks!

10 K-Drama Bad Boys With A Heart Of Gold

K-drama bad boys are not always the characters we get drawn to the most, but when they are able to show empathy, compassion, and true desire to love someone, we can’t help but soften up to their character. The bad boy is a trope that is pretty common in K-dramas, but here are a few who have left a lasting impression.

10. Choi Young Do – “Heirs”

Heirs” is a K-drama that stars Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye as two star-crossed high school lovers. The drama was written by Kim Eun Sook, who has written some blockbuster scripts. “Heirs” took Korea and other parts of Asia by storm mainly for its cast, but we can’t forget that the second lead syndrome was very much alive and real.

kim-woo-bin-heirs.jpeg

Kim Woo Bin plays Choi Young Do, a chaebol with a really rough past. Having been brought up in a broken home with a ruthless dad, there is not much for Young Do to be happy about. After meeting Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye), he doesn’t know how to convey his feelings, so he comes off as being harsh and cold. As his feelings continue to grow, we see a broken high school student become upfront and honest about how he feels for Eun Sang. By the end of the series, viewers are able to warm up to Young Do!

kim-woo-bin-heirs.png

Start watching “Heirs”:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Throwback : When Kim Woo Bin revealed his simple definition of success & opened up on his IG debut

throwback_when_kim_woo_bin_revealed_his_definition_of_success.jpg?width=752&format=webp&t=pvorg
THROWBACK: When Kim Woo Bin revealed his simple definition of success & opened up on his IG debut

We are looking back at February 2021, when actor Kim Woo Bin spoke to T Singapore and opened up about his Instagram debut, what success truly means to him and so much more. In the candid chat, Kim Woo Bin spoke about his recent debut on social media, namely Instagram and revealed why he decided to finally get on the app! 

Speaking of his experience, he said: “It’s harder than I thought because it’s my first time on social media, but it’s fun.” He continued, “It’s nice because it has gotten easier to communicate with the fans and give updates. With just one photo, I can express what thoughts I have or what I’m doing at that exact moment. It’s really great.”

Talking about success and how he defines it in this day and age, the actor said “These days, I often think that finding joy in the small things is a success. If you spent the day without any particular problems, I think that’s success too. I try to be thankful for the smallest things. At least twice a day, I look up at the sky and think about the things I like, and if I did those things, I think I had a successful day.”

For those unversed with Kim Woo Bin’s impressive career, the star began his journey as a runway model and made his acting debut in the TV series White Christmas. More acting work quickly followed, Kim Woo Bin starred in A Gentleman's Dignity in 2012 and made his breakthrough with School and The Heirs, which were both made in 2013. Kim later gained fame from Twenty (2015). And by 2016, the star already had his first leading role on television in Uncontrollably Fond.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/throwback-when-kim-woo-bin-revealed-his-simple-definition-success-opened-his-ig-debut-828254

EVENT ALERT! As many of the dramas are on a break for Olympics, we thought it will be fun to have an Olympics theme poll. What sports would you participate in if you were a super athlete? Join us for some sports related fun and chatter! 

re: @partyon, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart326, @agenth, @Lmangla 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

*** Kim Woo Bin posted a photo on his Instagram Story along with the caption “Hurray to Do Kyung Soo”  to show his love for him. And the photo is the screengrab of him playing “Rose,” the title track of D.O’s solo debut album Empathy. He also posted another screenshot of him playing D.O’s new smash on a different platform. This time, he wrote the caption, “I listen to Do Kyung Soo’s songs when I work out in the gym.” KWB and D.O are well known for being friends, including Jo In Sung, Song Joong Ki, and Lee Kwang Soo. When D.O dropped his first solo album, KWB gave a hand by

promoting the album on his Instagram.     :popcornjackson:

F16F5FC4-41C7-4D70-8E5E-C5555F593368-til

source : https://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=1453931

Top 14 Best School/College Romance K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2021 Update)

For new K-Drama fans, it is often hard to make a great watchlist from scratch. You most probably ask your friend’s opinions or read online reviews to make your selection, but that is probably not enough to decide your next drama.

K-Dramas have plenty of genres. This time, we listed romance dramas set in school and university. We made a selection of the best teen romance and campus romance. If you are a K-Drama beginner, you might want to look out for the dramas that suit your taste the most among our selection. For K-Drama addicts, you probably have watched all the dramas listed below, if not it is time to add them to your watchlist.

If you are looking for more romance recommendations, you check our previous recommendations: best romantic comedybest romance historical, best action-thriller romance, and best fantasy romance.

Note: This is not a ranking. The article was first published in June 2019 and updated twice (in October 2020 and August 2021).

6. "The Heirs"

Top 14 Best School/College Romance K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2021 Update)

SBS

When: 2013

Cast: Lee MinHo, Park ShinHye, Kim WooBin

Summary: It tells the love and friendship stories of wealthy high school students.

For: Viewers looking for an addictive cliché teen K-Drama.

Why watch?: There are two types of "The Heirs" viewers: those who loved it and those who hated it. "The Heirs" is entertaining and filled with K-Dramas clichés but that is for the best. If you are looking for an emotional rollercoaster and cheesy drama, don't miss this one.

(skipped unrelated....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-10-best-school-college-romance-k-dramas-to-have-on-your-watchlist/

Esom In Talks Along With Kim Woo Bin For New Drama

Aug 5, 2021
by D. Kim

Esom and Kim Woo Bin may be reuniting in a drama after 10 years!

On August 5, industry representatives reported that Esom will be starring in the Netflix drama “Delivery Knight” (working title).

In response to the reports, Esom’s agency Artist Company commented, “Esom has been offered a role in Netflix’s ‘Delivery Knight’ and is reviewing [the offer].”

Based on the webtoon of the same name, “Delivery Knight” will tell the story of a dystopian future in which pollution has become so severe that the only way to survive is to have everything delivered.

Esom has been offered the role of Seol Ah, a soldier who is determined to become the Minister of National Defense in the future.

Esom In Talks Along With Kim Woo Bin For New DramaIt was previously revealed in July that Kim Woo Bin is in talks to play the legendary delivery knight 5-8.

If the actors accept the role, they will be reuniting 10 years after co-starring in “White Christmas” in 2011.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1482363wpp/esom-in-talks-along-with-kim-woo-bin-for-new-drama

• Love 1

*** Kim Woo Bin sent a snack truck to D.O. of EXO with the sweetest message some days ago. This snack truck was parked in front of a tall glass building. The snack truck was sent to D.O. on the set of his movie 'The Moon'. On top of the snack truck, it said, "Sending my support to all cast and production members of 'The Moon'. Please take good care of my Kyung-soo (D.O.'s real name)! From Kim Woo Bin." There was also a full-sized panel that has a message "Don't hurt yourself, Do Kyung-soo. Don't get sick, Do Kyung-soo. Eat well, Do Kyung-soo. Sleep well, Do Kyung-soo. Everybody say Do Kyung-soo's name as loud as you can."  They are known to be close friends alongside actors Zo In Sung, Lee Kwang Soo and more.

201578761_1280.jpg

201578760_1280.jpg

source : SBS Star

• Like 1

*** Netflix is planning a new dystopian drama called "Delivery Knight" and  Kim Woo-bin have been offered a leading role. I hope he's taking to do this drama.The drama is based on an acclaimed webtoon by the same title, which was awarded at the 2018 Busan International Film Festival for its story and content. Sounds interesting! Esom also has been offered a female leading role. In case, it will mark his return to dramaland.  Netflix drama "Delivery Knight"  is currently still in the planning stages. I'm elated to

see him back healthy.     :Woah:

lee som + kim woo bin mulling over netflix series

esom_ellegirl82285012786269696299.jpg?w=

Lee Som and Kim Woo Bin are in talks to star in Netflix drama, Delivery Knight. Kim Woo Bin would play the titular character, a renowned courier in a dystopian world where the delivery riders are in charge of keeping society in balance. Lee Som will play a soldier who aims to be the next defence minister. The two worked together a decade ago for a fashion shoot – thus my featured pic.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2021/08/06/lee-som-kim-woo-bin-mulling-over-netflix-series/

*** KWB's long-time fitness coach and celebrity trainer Yang Chi Seung previously revealed in KBS' "Problem Child in House" KWB's secret to achieving his stunning body (lean physique). He recalled his first meeting with him, which he said a head-turner because of his height and slim body. He described him as someone tall and with "really narrow shoulders." Through the years, he went to praise Kim Woo Bin and mentioned that his "body improved over time." In addition, he noted that the he was his all-time favorite student because he shows dedication despite his intense training. He said, "if we have to work with 10-kilogram weights that day, he brings it over first." His fitness coach revealed that Kim Woo Bin's workout routine includes dedicating two to five hours a day for exercise. He mentioned that he likes doing 200 push-ups a day to work and even dubbed him a "shoulder thug." Obviously, the intense training paid off, given that KWB is among the celebrities with the nicest shoulders and jaw-dropping body. Kim Woo Bin, reportedly likes to do his training at home instead of gyms. In his previous interview with Esquire Korea, he mentioned his day-to-day activities, including starting his day at 8 a.m. He said, "The first thing I do is wash my face and brush my teeth. I drink two glasses of warm water and eat some probiotics. About 30 minutes later, I have my first meal. One hour later, I exercised. When I'm not working, my days follow this kind of pattern."  :Twerkdatbutt:

kim-woo-bin.jpg?w=600?w=650

photo source : Kdramastars

5 Korean Celebrity Couples Who Have Been Together the Longest

02.jpg

20210728154730334wsom.jpg

Shin Min Ah and Kim Woo Bin met at a photoshoot and fell in love with each other. The two have been dating publicly since 2015. Ever since Kim started battling nasopharyngeal cancer in 2017, Shin has stayed by his side until he fully recovered in 2019. Moreover, they are known for being a star couple who have consistently shown good influence. The two have continued their donation to the underprivileged, sending each about 48,000 dollars to the socially vulnerable group against Covid-19 and the people who suffered during the flood caused by heavy rains.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210728154730647

4 Big Name K-Drama Actors Returning To The Screen In The Second Half Of 2021

When it comes to K-Dramas, some iconic actors come to mind. Unfortunately, sometimes those actors take a break from the K-Drama world. It could be because of a personal hiatus, health issues, or even due to serving in the military.

Luckily for us, 4 of our favorite actors are making a comeback to the K-Drama screen in the second half of 2021. Read all about the projects that they are returning with.

This list is in no particular order.

2. Kim WooBin

big-names-returning-to-kdrama-screens-20

After taking a couple of years off to be treated for nasopharyngeal cancer, he is now recovered and ready to return to the screen. The last drama that we saw him in was "Uncontrollably Fond," in 2016.

Kim WooBin has recently finished filming for his role in the Korean blockbuster "Alien," which is directed by Choi DongHoon and stars Ryu JunYeol, So JiSeob, and Kim TaeRi. It is about swordsmen in Korea's Goryeo era and aliens in the present. They filmed two parts of the film at the same time.

Besides the movie, Kim WooBin has been offered a role in a dystopian drama called "Delivery Knight." The story is based on a webtoon and takes place years from now, in a dystopian society where the air quality has become so bad that people rely on courier services.

He was reported to be positively reviewing the role in July, but his role has yet to be confirmed. The female lead role was offered to Esom who is also currently reviewing the offer. The two would be reuniting on screen again after filming the drama "White Christmas," together 10 years ago.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/4-big-name-kdrama-actors-returning-to-the-screen-in-the-second-half-of-2021/