Kim Woo Bin 김우빈 I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Everything Will Come True

heartkwbheart

ReKommendations: My Perfect Stranger, Duty After School, and more; K-dramas to catch up with this weekend

These currently ongoing or recently released K-dramas are all we can think about. Check out our list of Korean shows to tune into this weekend.

Korean dramas are offering a large bunch of fun and intriguing shows to tune into, catering to different interests of audiences. The roster of ongoing K-dramas displays a promising collection of drama, time travel, romance, comedy, thriller, and more. Here are 5 recommendations from our end to keep you entertained this weekend.

Black Knight

Kim Woo Bin takes charge in this riveting thriller based in a dystopian world. 'Black Knight' starts in the year 2071 when the world has become desertified due to excess pollution, a legendary deliveryman named ‘5-8’ faces off against the Cheonmyeong Group’s only heir named Song Seung Heon who wishes to use oxygen as his weapon. A refugee named Sa Wol looks up to the deliveryman who looks after people in his free time and comes across Seol Ah, an officer in the Defense Intelligence Command, who secretly housed Sa Wol, treating him like her family. ‘5-8’ tries to help Sa Wol become a knight like himself.

1684424564_kim-wb.jpeg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/rekommendations-my-perfect-stranger-duty-after-school-and-more-k-dramas-to-catch-up-with-this-weekend-1221747

*** Song Seung Hun had a video interview on the morning of May 18th. He talked about Kim Woo Bin’s personality. “Kim Woo Bin is a perfect man without flaws. I thought he was just pretending to be nice at first” They met each other for the first time through this drama. “I heard many people saying good things about his personality and politeness. It is not easy to hear people around saying good things about you, even if you are not an actor. When I met him on the set, he looked very manly and naturally cool. He’s so sincere, upright, and nice to the point that I even questioned ‘Is he pretending?’.

Consistently seeing him being so perfect makes me wonder if there is anything he lacks”.   :Woah:

Source: Daum

***I can’t get enough of "Black Knight"! With only six episodes — each being less than an hour — this drama will surely have you glued to your seats, and you might even finish watching them all in one sitting.  Kim Woo Bin is back with some action-packed scenes in this drama. His fierce eyes that show no mercy as he pulls the trigger add the right emotion to his role.   :kaching3:

black-knight-kim-woo-bin-1683538387.jpg

black-knight-kim-woo-bin-1683538387.jpg

*** Kang Yoo Seok had several scenes with Kim Woo Bin since both of them played delivery man in "Black Knight". He said the Kim Woo Bin is someone he looks up to and someone he "liked both as a senior and as an actor."   :ohboy2:

black-knight.jpeg?w=820

*** On May 17th, a round interview with Kim Woo Bin was held at a cafe in Sogyeok-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul. He expressed his desire to change his image. “I played ‘king of school’ about 6 times…I want to play a role that can’t fight.  I receive various role offers, but I only choose a work if I like its story. I never choose a work because the character looks cool. The same goes for ‘Black Knight’.I’m always given the role of leader or best fighter in a group. It seems to be because of my appearance. But I’m actually good-for-nothing. I’m waiting for a character like the one I showed you in ‘Twenty’, and I’m always ready. Besides, I’ve never tried professional jobs such as doctor and lawyer. I think I can do

well.“   :popcornjackson:

20230520072307683yoeb.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230520072306472

[New Movie] "Alienoid: The Return to the Future"

photo1668241.jpg

"Alienoid: The Return to the Future" (2023)

Directed by Choi Dong-hoon

With Ryu Jun-yeol, Kim Woo-bin, Kim Tae-ri, Lee Hanee, Yum Jung-ah, Jo Woo-jin,...

Synopsis
Ean and thunder have become trapped in the distant past while tryng to prevent the escape of alien prisoners who are locked up in the human brains. She eventually locates the Divine Blade. which can open a door through time. Meanwhile Moo-reuk who helps Ean escape is unnerved when he begins sensing the presence of a strange being in his body. Ean and Moo-reuk are pursued by the Sorcerers, who suspect that an alien lies within Moo-reuk and by the sinister enemy who seeks the Blade. Back in the year 2022, the release of an alien gas haava results in the death of thousands of people. With only 48 minutes left betore all the haava are set to detonate. Ean must return to the future, face down the aliens and stop the detonation of the haava. Finally, the gate of time opens and the
secrets or Moo-reuk, Ean, and Thunder begin to be revealed!

Release date in Korea : 2023/Second half

source : Hancinema

*** Netflix has worked on a number of Korean dystopian dramas/movies, but not all audience were so fascinated by it.

With “Black Knight,” they have pushed things forward, with strong characters and sophisticated CGI. The plot is not too different from many other dystopian dramas. Kim Woo Bin in the drama has upgraded physique. He said he bulked up by 3 kg for the role, which has a lot of fight scenes with highway bandits and the armed forces who work under Ryu Seok.

The Director said that his CG team worked more than six months on graphics to perfect the image of a desertified Seoul, even flying over to Mongolia to shoot a sandstorm. Netflix's entry into the Korean content market has brought with it significant investment in sets and visual effects, and the drama is a good example of this. He said most of their acting with Song Seung Hun was done in front of the blue screen and the background was later completed with visual effects. I can say that the final look is impressive. The depiction of a dusty Seoul where its landmarks such as Namsan Tower is torn in half by sandstorm and Jamsil Lotte Tower that has turned into a ruin are so immersive that it conjures up fears of what an

environmentally devastated Earth may look like.   :Woah:

credit : Korea Herald

*** Rookie actor Kang You-seok shared what it was like working with Kim Woo Bin. Recently, he sat down for an interview with the press to discuss his latest work 'Black Knight'. During the interview, he revealed how much he's a huge fan of Kim Woo Bin ever since. "When I went to audition for my role in the drama, I was asked if I could act any scene from the movie 'Master'. Without hesitation, I chose Kim Woo Bin's scene. I love all his works, and also look up to him as an actor myself. After meeting him in person on site though, I realized how amazing he was in real life as well. Everybody in this industry told me that he had an incredible personality with the kindest heart. And I could totally see why people said that about him." He e3xplained that Kim Woo Bin did not treat him any differently to other experienced actors. "On the first day of our shooting, he welcomed me with a big smile. Before I could, he came up to me first and was like, 'You-seok, it's a pleasure to meet you!' and gave me a hug. My heart felt warmer than ever then. He was awesome while working, but also when he wasn't. I came to think to myself, 'Wow, I wish to become someone like him. What impressed me more than anything else was the fact that he was so professional. There was a scene where he could have easily asked for a stunt. There was lots of sandy dust in the air for that scene and stuff. The production team also worried about his health, so they suggested he doesn't take part in the scene. But he told them, 'It's fine. Let's roll!'" Following the release of the drama, he said he received a text from Kim Woo Bin that made him the happiest man on the planet. "He was like, 'I really loved your character 'Sa-wol. Shall we grab something to eat some time?' I couldn't be happier!"   :7555_attack:

source : SBS Star

*** Recently, Song Seungheon sat with reporters for an interview, to discuss his latest project 'Black Knight'. He also explained why Kim Woo Bin is an indescribably amazing person. "'Black Knight' director directed the movie 'Master' which Woo Bin starred in. He complimented Woo Bin to me. He was like, 'Woo Bin is incredible.' You know how it's hard to receive compliments when you're not there, right? Woo Bin was someone who managed to be complimented when he wasn't even there. Usually when you're not present, people would talk behind your back, saying all the bad things about you. They would almost never say good stuff about you unless you are with them. You get what I mean, don't you? The director said that Woo Bin was so nice and kind. He was apparently also always great to the 'Master' team staff. I thought, 'Wow, this Woo Bin guy sounds amazing. Despite his young age, he seems really polite as well. It was wonderful working with him. Woo Bin was more awesome than I expected him to be. He made me think back to my younger days. There were many times when I believed he was mature for his age, because I definitely wasn't like that in the past. He simply seemed flawless. About halfway through our shooting, Woo Bin actually told me about the time when he was battling cancer. At that time, the only comments I heard were, 'It may be an emergency.' I'm truly grateful for this every day life I get to live now.' I was happy for him. I was happy that I met such a remarkable person, too."  :Ohboy3:

source : SBS Star

15 K-Dramas To Vicariously Travel Through This Summer

Travel often opens up a vista of many possibilities, whether it’s a chance encounter to an enchanting romantic rendezvous or just a getaway to recharge. It is summer—are you yearning to travel? Well there is a perfect fix for you. You can travel to exotic locations, sample the sights and sounds—absolutely free—and with your favorite characters! Here are 15 K-dramas to vicariously travel through, right within the comfort of your own space.

“Our Blues”

Han-Ji-Min-Kim-Woo-Bin-3.jpg

Han Ji Min, Kim Woo Bin, Lee Byung Hun, Shin Min Ah, Cha Seung Won, Lee Jung Eun, and Kim Hye Ja come together in “Our Blues,” a bittersweet anthology that follows the people of Jeju Island as they navigate through life, love, and everything in between. Filmed mostly in and around Jeju Island, the show beautifully captures its crystal blue waters, sandy shores, and colorful ambience. The Goseong 5-Day Market is a key location, where most of the characters are shown selling seafood, ice, fresh produce, or sundaeguk (Korean blood sausage soup). There’s also Hallasan, the beautiful shield volcano, which was the filming spot for an emotional scene between Lee Byung Hun’s Dong Seok and his mother.

“Our Blues” is a healing drama, and as the characters narrate their stories, it is easy for viewers to identify and resonate with their situations. And when you have a stellar ensemble in one show, it is a definite and unmissable watch.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

Pin on Gif

NEW EVENT!

Quick Poll - A K-Drama Addict's Guide to Popular Korean Words and Phrases!

So how many words have you picked up since you started watching K-dramas?  Find out by taking a short quiz. Vote for the words you are inadverently using in your daily conversation with your non K-drama watching chingus and driving them crazy. Let us know how you fared. :happydance:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO team :innocent:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

SPOTV News shares that KimWoobin has been cast to lead director KimJuhwan (MidnightRunners Bloodhounds) movie, "Infinite Officer". About an indefinite contract worker in the Ministry of Justice. Filming sets to start this year

@backstreetboysfan  the movie title now is "Probation Officer ". This is good that after doing a drama, his next project is a movie this time. There's a balance, right?  But, in addition to this, he has another film, Alienoid Part 2, in the pipeline, which has already finished shooting and is set for release soon. Casting for Probation Officer is still in progress.

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230613100213159

• Blob 1

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Prod. company confirms new fantasy romcom by writer KimEunsook & to be directed by LeeByungheon. UncontrollablyFond co-stars KimWoobin & Suzy are cast as leads for the stress-free romcom about a genie & a woman, aims for 2024 airing

@backstreetboysfan  they will be reuniting in the upcoming series “All Your Wishes Will Come True” (literal translation). The drama is a fantasy rom-com about an overly emotional genie trapped inside a lamp and the woman who helps him escape his prison. Kim Woo Bin will be starring as the volatile genie, while Suzy will play Ga Young, a human who lacks emotion. I've watched their last drama, “Uncontrollably Fond" and they had good chemistry together. Can't wait for this! I'm excited to see Kim Woo Bin and Suzy reunite in this new drama. I hope it will have a happy ending this time. So many projects along his way and happy for him.   :heart2beat:

0003281559_001_20230614084101272.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0003281559

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kim Woo Bin And Suzy To Reunite In New Fantasy Rom-Com By “The Glory” Writer Kim Eun Sook

20230614000009_Kim-Woo-Bin-Suzy.jpg?s=90

Kim Woo Bin and Suzy will be reuniting in a brand-new drama by Kim Eun Sook!

On June 14, production company Hwa&Dam Pictures officially announced that the two actors would be starring together in the upcoming series “All Your Wishes Will Come True” (literal translation).

“All Your Wishes Come True” is a fantasy rom-com about an overly emotional genie trapped inside a lamp and the woman who helps him escape his prison. Kim Woo Bin will be starring as the volatile genie, while Suzy will play Ga Young, a human who lacks emotion.

The drama will be penned by Kim Eun Sook, the famous writer known for hit dramas such as “The Glory,” “Goblin,” “Mister Sunshine,” and “Heirs” (which also starred Kim Woo Bin), and it will be helmed by director Lee Byung Hun of “Extreme Job” and “Melo Is My Nature.”

Notably, Kim Woo Bin and Suzy previously starred together in the hit 2016 drama “Uncontrollably Fond.”

Are you excited to see Kim Woo Bin and Suzy reunite in this new drama?

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

Kim Woo Bin and Suzy reunites in a new romcom by famous screenwriter Kim Eun Sook

“Uncontrollably Fond” couple Kim Woo Bin and Suzy will act together again for the first time in seven years.

Kim Woo Bin and Suzy, who portrayed a heartbreaking love story in the 2016 drama “Uncontrollably Fond”, will return with a romantic comedy by “romcom master” screenwriter Kim Eun Sook this time.

kim-woo-bin-1-061423-771x1024.webp

According to the announcement of production company Hwa&Dam Pictures on June 14th, writer Kim Eun Sook’s new work “Is It All Come True? (literal title)” will air next year.

This 12-episode drama “Is It All Come True?” is a romantic comedy about the story that begins when an over-emotional genie and emotionless Ga Young, who hold the power to determine each other’s life and death, are given three wishes that they don’t know if it’s luck or punishment.

suzy-1-060223.webp

Kim Woo Bin is expected to portray the genie whose emotions fluctuate when explodes with anger and lost his powers. The role of Ga Young, who helps the genie get away from the punishment, is taken by Suzy.

This project also draws attention as director Lee Byeong Heon, who created movies “Twenty”, “Extreme Job”, “Be Melodramatic”, etc., will be in charge of directing. Many drama fans are raising high expectations for this perfect combination of talented writer, director and actors. 

kim eun seoklee byung hun

The production company said, “We believe that the best fantasy romcom will be created with this story-video-acting combination”, adding “We consider ‘Is It All Come True?’ a perfect drama in these aspects”. 

They emphasized, “Through this drama, viewers will be able to enjoy Kim Eun Sook’s imaginative stories, Lee Byeong Heon’s skillful directing, as well as Kim Woo Bin and Suzy’s amazing chemistry”. 

Meanwhile, Kim Eun Sook is known to have written numerous popular romcoms and romance dramas, such as “Lovers in Paris”, “Lovers in Prague”, “A Gentleman’s Dignity”, “The Heirs”, “Descendants of the Sun”, “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God”, “Mr. Sunshine”, “The King: Eternal Monarch”, etc.

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/861548