Lee Sang Yeob 이상엽 - Currently airing Reality show: “The Sixth Sense 3”; Upcoming Mnet show "Artistock Game"

irilight

From Google translate:

"Verified From Corona 19, I would like to express my sincere respect and appreciation to all of the medical staff in Korea who have dedicated themselves to the safety and healthy daily life of the people, and to everyone in each field that has worked hard."

183cf5bcc95b49618b8c57cf1b116c7e.jpeg?s=
Including only relevant material
Lee Sang Yeob Is Confronted By Oh Dae Hwan While Cha Hwa Yeon Comforts Lee Min Jung In “Once Again”

KBS2TV’s weekend drama “Once Again” has released new stills for the upcoming episodes!

“Once Again” tells the story of four siblings, following their individual lives and comparing their opinions on marriage and divorce.

Spoiler

In the previous episode, Song Joon Sun (Oh Dae Hwan) was shocked when he found out the truth about Song Na Hee (Lee Min Jung) and Yoon Gyu Jin’s (Lee Sang Yeob’s) divorce. He became furious at the two and even pulled Song Na Hee aside to yell at her, screaming, “You’re deceiving us! And looking down on us! You’re tricking your mother and father who care so much about you!”

In the first set of new stills previewing the next episode, Song Joon Sun and Yoon Gyu Jin are shown sitting in a restaurant facing each other. Song Joon Sun pierces Yoon Gyu Jin with a sharp gaze, foreshadowing a disquieting atmosphere.

Yoon Gyu Jin, usually gentle and friendly, shows determination in his eyes as he converses with Song Joon Sun. However, in the final still, he appears to be affected by Song Joon Sun’s words as he lowers his head, deflecting his gaze. Viewers are curious about what Song Joon Sun could have said to make Yoon Gyu Jin react in such a way.

Will Song Joon Sun reveal to Yoon Gyu Jin that he knows about the divorce? Will they share their innermost thoughts with each other?

oh-dae-hwan-lee-sang-yeob.jpg

source

Lee Sang-yeob Jumps Into the World of Entertainment
photo1178299.jpg

Lee Sang-yeob from "Running Man" is at the prime time of his drama career.

Lee Sang-yeob, who has shown various characters, from handsome actor to dark Lee Sang-yeob who betrays his teammates for success in the TV show "Running Man", is on a roll starring in various dramas after his leap in popularity through entertainment TV shows.

Lee Sang-yeob started acting in the 2007 drama "A Happy Woman" and started being recognized after he played a lawyer who puts Lee Jong-suk at risk to win the heart of Suzy in "While You Were Sleeping - 2017".

On the 1st of April, 2018, Lee Sang-yeob appeared as a guest on the TV show "Running Man" and has so far been on it over ten times, showing off his fun personality, talents and charm.

His performance on the show led to viewers demanding for his reappearance, and increased his reputation. Since then, he's been starring in dramas such as "Top Star Yoo Baek", "Love Affairs in the Afternoon" and more.

The friendly aspect of him on TV shows, in addition to his solid acting abilities, has led him to be one of the most loved actors on TV. He's running his prime time by starring in a traditional KBS 2TV weekend drama.

Lee Sang-yeob plays Yoon Gyoo-jin, a pediatrics surgeon. He's currently on a contract with fellow doctor Song Na-hee (Lee Min-jung) to live together. The actor's daily acting in situations where he suffers guilt about not being able to tell her that he was once divorced, relates with the viewers. Lee Sang-yeob tells viewers of Gyoo-jin's complicated emotional performance, being divorced but not being able to let go of his feelings toward Na-hee.

In particular, various facial expression changes are revealing the character's feelings, drawing sympathy from viewers. He is increasing immersion with his 'three facial expressions' and 'eye acting' that varies depending on the situation, including being worried, surprised and the uncomfortable facial expressions.

Lee Sang-yeob, who is in charge of the weekend, will meet with viewers as the main character of a new SBS Monday-Tuesday drama "Good Casting", which will air from the 28th. "Good Casting" is a story that takes place when women who are barely hanging onto their jobs are being forced out of their current NIS posts and forced to go into hiding for the first time as field agents. It's an action comedy drama.

Lee Sang-yeob plays Yoon Seok-ho, the CEO of Ilgwang Hi-tech, who has perfect academic background, family, good looks and meticulous manners. Choi Kang-hee will appear as Baek Chan-mi and they will meet in an unexpected relationship between the CEO of a company and his secretary, in contrast to their past relationship as a tutor and a student.

source

• Like 1

@irilight Nice to see him getting so much love. I am particularly enjoying Good Casting - hilarious! At least more of his screen time in eps 3 and 4. 

Anyway belated birthday wishes to our handsome CEO...looking real good for 37 ! He looks so young 

40 minutes ago, triplem said:

Nice to see him getting so much love. I am particularly enjoying Good Casting - hilarious! At least more of his screen time in eps 3 and 4. 

Anyway belated birthday wishes to our handsome CEO...looking real good for 37 ! He looks so young 

@triplem, what a nice display of gifts of love! 

Yes, he does look very youthful.  When he played a school-boy in "Once Again" he really looked the part.

I am liking "Good Casting" for the most part. It is more fun than I thought it would be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lee Sang-yeob Attacks Women's Hearts With his Good Looks
photo1198159.jpg

Actor Lee Sang-yeob is raising the stocks as one of the hottest actors today.

Lee Sang-yeob, who is drawing attention as a popular actor in charge of the start and end of the week, has been selected as a beauty model and is emerging as a hot actor in the advertising world.

He plays pure and innocent hearted man Yoon Seok-ho in the SBS drama "Good Casting", while he plays Yoon Gyoo-jin, a gentle and a keen pediatric surgeon in the KBS 2TV drama "Once Again".

Lee Sang-yeob recently finished shooting a beauty brand photo shoot and has been receiving constant love calls from various advertising circles. In particular, the actor stands out as an advertising model targeting people of all ages from their 20s all the way through to their 50s and is currently carrying out several commercials.

An advertising official said, "Lee Sang-yeob has a friendly image through various activities, is recognized for his ratings performance and is a model who enhances the brand's credibility. Advertisers highly favor him because they can target both inside and outside the country without any disagreement".

photo1198160.jpg

photo1198158.jpg

source

I am not sure if "attacks" is the right word for the title. I would think "captures" is a better word...

• Guest changed the title to Lee Sang Yeob 이상엽 - Current KBS Weekend Drama "I Have Been There Once." Upcoming Movie "The Day I Died."
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

5e777ce2e6c84ab694de112678d73bc8.jpeg?s=

Lee Sang Yeob Talks About His “Once Again” Character, Experiencing Career Slumps, And More

Lee Sang Yeob has participated in a interview about his recently concluded hit drama “Once Again”!

KBS2’s “Once Again” aired its finale on September 13, scoring impressive average nationwide ratings of 33.6 percent and 34.8 percent for its two parts.

In the drama, Lee Sang Yeob stars as Yoon Gyu Jin, a man who re-experiences love after getting a divorce from Song Na Hee (played by Lee Min Jung). As the two went back and forth between heartbreak and love, Lee Sang Yeob and Lee Min Jung received lots of love for their excellent chemistry.

Although he typically creates his characters as he acts as them, Lee Sang Yeob explained that he wanted to portray “Lee Sang Yeob’s Yoon Gyu Jin” this time. He elaborated on this, sharing, “I wanted to gradually mesh into my character. I wanted the fighting in the drama to appear like real-life fighting and I even wanted my breathing and my sighs to appear as my own. Starting from the middle, I think my image really came out. I don’t know if the writer did this intentionally, but Yoon Gyu Jin was a character whose style of speech matched my own.”

Lee Sang Yeob also picked Lee Min Jung as his best acting partner, calling their experience acting as a couple very special. He commented on her husband, sharing, “It’s not that I didn’t feel conscious about Lee Byung Hun [watching me act with Lee Min Jung], but I heard he watched our drama well. Since he was watching my acting, it was very fascinating and an honor.”

He continued, “Through this drama, I was able to experience morning sickness, divorce, and reconciliation. I wanted to calmly portray our reconciliation. With that, I naturally began thinking about marriage. That’s when I realized that consideration you don’t speak up about is not consideration at all.”

“Once Again” concluded with a happy ending for all characters, of which Lee Sang Yeob shared, “I really like this happy ending. All the characters matured. Through ‘Once Again,’ I also matured and got the opportunity to think about happiness. I think this drama really showed the people in it well. Although our actors acted well, I believe our writer wrote very well too.”

Lee-Sang-Yeob-1.jpg

Early this year, Lee Sang Yeob simultaneously appeared in SBS’s “Good Casting” and KBS’s “Once Again.” The actor commented, “I wondered whether that was possible, or if it was even allowed. Viewers could get mixed up between Yoon Gyu Jin and Yoon Seok Ho, and since they were both my acting, I worried about whether they would see them as the same. However, it was a relief that people saw both Yoon Gyu Jin and Yoon Seok Ho individually and positively.”

After spending the first three quarters of 2020 very busily, Lee Sang Yeob revealed his need to recharge, feeling as if he’s run out as an actor. He shared, “I’ve been thinking about what I should fill that with. These days, I’ve been resting and slowly looking at my face again. I think I need change.”

Lee Sang Yeob made his debut in 2007 in the KBS drama “A Happy Woman” and is now in his 14th year as an actor. He confessed that when he wasn’t well-known, he thought of himself as an actor who couldn’t provide joy. Although he’s fulfilling his desires as an actor now, he revealed that he still experiences slumps the same. Since he was never satisfied with himself, he believes that is why he was able to become as tough as he is today.

He added, “I think it was good that I didn’t rest and kept acting. I am pretty proud of myself for not giving up. I think the endorphins I feel on set have become my driving force. Also, I use the sense of achievement I feel while acting to comfort myself. I do believe that I’m enjoying my time well, but I’m still always overcoming a slump.”

source

• Guest changed the title to Lee Sang Yeob 이상엽 - Upcoming Movie "The Day I Died."
  • 1 month later...

b481830dd9a74913b5656e44a3ea650a.jpeg?s=

Lee Jun Young, Lee Sang Yeob, And Yoo In Young Share A Meal And Show Close Friendship on "The Manager."

U-KISS’s Lee Jun Young, Lee Sang Yeob, and Yoo In Young got together for a meal on “The Manager”!

The November 21 episode of “The Manager” featured Lee Jun Young and his manager. The show aired footage of Lee Jun Young, Lee Sang Yeob, and Yoo In Young gathered for food and drinks. The three actors became close friends after appearing in the SBS drama “Good Casting” earlier this year.

As they enjoyed the food, Yoo In Young said, “I was worried when I heard you were going on ‘The Manager.’ I wondered what you would talk about.” Yoo In Young predicted that Lee Jun Young would listen to music in the car as usual, and Lee Sang Yeob added that Lee Jun Young normally sleeps in his van.

lee-jun-young-lee-sang-yeob.jpg

Yoo In Young also shared a story of the day she first met Lee Jun Young for ‘Good Casting.’ She described, “He sat next to me on the day we first met, but he wouldn’t meet my eyes even once,” adding that he kept looking straight ahead of him and wouldn’t talk.

Lee Jun Young explained, “At that time, I was thinking really hard. If I said, ‘Have you eaten?’ and you said you did, what would I say next?” making the other two laugh. He shared that Yoo In Young helped him by speaking to him first, asking about his musical.

lee-jun-young-lee-sang-yeob-yoo-in-young

Throughout the meal, Lee Sang Yeob kept looking straight at the camera as he talked, defeating the purpose of an observation variety show. Lee Jun Young, Yoo In Young, and the panelists all laughed at his efforts to create fun variety footage.

Lee Sang Yeob shared, “My mom was worried that Jun Young wouldn’t say anything and I’d do all the talking.” Yoo In Young replied, “You’re good at talking.” Lee Jun Young chirped, “Yeah, you’re funny. We’re boring.” After a pause, Lee Sang Yeob hilariously said, “Why do I feel like they’re being sarcastic?”

source

• irilight changed the title to Lee Sang Yeob 이상엽 - Upcoming Movie "The Day I Died." Upcoming KBS Drama Special "Traces of Love."

[Video] Trailer Released for the Upcoming Korean Drama "Drama Special - Traces of Love"

photo1281554.jpg&cfs=1&ext=jpg&_nc_cb=1&

Trailer released for the upcoming Korean drama "Drama Special - Traces of Love".

"Drama Special - Traces of Love" (2020)

Directed by Yoo Yeong-eun-I

Written by Jung Hyun-I

Network: KBS

With Lee Sang-yeob, Lee Yoo-young, Hong In, Park Mi-hyeon,...

1 episode - Thu 22:40
Part of the "Drama Special" series
No synopsis yet

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2020/12/17

source

07f861b3a22048d197ab77ceb85b24a0.jpeg?s=

Lee Yoo Young And Lee Sang Yeob Describe Working Together For Their Relatable Story In 2020 KBS Drama Special

Lee Yoo Young and Lee Sang Yeob talked about teaming up for “Traces of Love,” the ninth instalment of KBS’s 2020 Drama Special!

The pair star in this office romance drama as a former couple who still have feelings for each other. Lee Yoo Young takes the role of Lee Joo Young, a deputy at an architectural firm, while Lee Sang Yeob plays her ex-boyfriend Jung Ji Sub, who ends up working at her firm. They broke up three years ago after having dated for five years.

On December 17, Lee Yoo Young, Lee Sang Yeob, and producing director Yoo Young Eun spoke about the drama at an online press conference on the day of the story’s broadcast.

“All relationships leave traces behind on a person to some degree,” said Yoo Young Eun. “Both Joo Young and Ji Sub still have those traces, and I wanted to depict the story of them reuniting in that situation.”

Lee Sang Yeob spoke about why he decided to appear in the drama. “The story itself seems like something that would happen in real life, so it didn’t seem as though it would be like acting,” said Lee Sang Yeob. “I think you’ll be able to see the real Lee Sang Yeob in this project.”

When asked why he chose to take part in a short drama, Lee Sang Yeob said, “It wasn’t that I had a reason to choose it so much as I really liked the story. I’d seen Director Yoo Young Eun’s previous works and I wanted to work with her. I also wanted to act with Lee Yoo Young.”

He went on to talk about his experience starring alongside Lee Yoo Young. Lee Sang Yeob said, “Something that really surprised me was that she’s very cheerful and has great energy.” He said, “I think I relied on her from start to finish.”

“Looking in her eyes made me feel a lot of emotions that I hadn’t thought of before,” Lee Sang Yeob said. “It made me realize that she’s an amazing actor.”

Lee Yoo Young talked about her own reasons for taking part. “It seemed like a story that anyone might have experienced,” she said. “It’s not very showy but I think you’ll be able to watch it comfortably. I found it even more moving because it seemed like a realistic story that everyone could experience together.” She added, “I think you’ll be able to have fun watching the problems of office life while relating to them.”

About working with Lee Sang Yeob, Lee Yoo Young said she thought they’d be a great fit and look good together. “And when we were acting together, he was so bright and pure on set.” She added, “When he was acting too, he had an unpredictable charm about him.”

source

Press Conference Photos and Highlight Video Added for the Upcoming Korean Drama "Drama Special - Traces of Love"

photo1284319.jpg

"Drama Special - Traces of Love" (2020)

Directed by Yoo Yeong-eun-I

Written by Jung Hyun-I

Network: KBS

With Lee Yoo-young, Lee Sang-yeob, Hong In, Park Mi-hyeon, Lee Seo-hwan, Jung Chae-yi,...

1 episode - Thu 22:40
Part of the "Drama Special" series

Synopsis
My ex-boyfriend and ex-ex-boyfriend are gathered in one office! A drama about real romance, tracing the emotions remaining between their relationships.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2020/12/17

photo1284320.jpg

photo1284313.jpg

Spoiler

photo1284322.jpg

photo1284316.jpg

photo1284312.jpg

source

2a1b3b5472164b49990d9edd1e89ffe0.jpeg?s=

Jo Bo Ah, Lee Sang Yeob, And Do Kyung Wan To MC 2020 KBS Drama Awards

The hosts have been announced for the 2020 KBS Drama Awards!

Previously, it was reported that Jo Bo Ah was in talks to be one of the hosts of the ceremony.

On December 22, KBS stated that Jo Bo Ah, Lee Sang Yeob, and Do Kyung Wan will be the MCs for the 2020 KBS Drama Awards.

All three hosts have appeared in KBS variety shows and/or dramas before. Do Kyung Wan is rapidly gaining popularity with his impressive hosting skills in the programs “The Return of Superman” and “Fun-Staurant.” Jo Bo Ah received spotlight for her acting in “Forest” and also appeared in “Baek Jong Won’s Alley Restaurant.” Lee Sang Yeob shined with his acting in the weekend family drama “Once Again,” and fans are looking forward to seeing his hosting skills at the awards show.

The 2020 KBS Drama Awards will air on December 31 at 8:30 p.m. KST. Due to COVID-19, the event will be held without an audience.

sourcce

• irilight changed the title to Lee Sang Yeob 이상엽 - Upcoming Movie "The Day I Died." Upcoming KBS Drama Awards - MC
  • 2 months later...
  • irilight changed the title to Lee Sang Yeob 이상엽 - Upcoming Movie "The Day I Died." Upcoming MBC Drama "No One But a Madman"

Lee Sang Yeob confirmed to star in upcoming drama "No One but a Madman"

Actor Lee Sang Yeob is confirmed to join the upcoming "No One But a Madman"!

On February 23, it was reported that Lee Sang Yeob confirmed his casting in MBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama, "No One But a Madman". He will be joining Moon So Ri, Jung Jae Young, and Kim Nam Hee

The upcoming MBC drama will premiere in June, and it will narrate the stories of working middle-aged people and their fierce fight for survival at their working place. 

Lee Sang Yeob will play the role of Han Se Kwon, he works at the electronics company division. He's a relative of the company owner and has a great desire to be recognized and become successful.

"No One But a Madman" will be directed by "Queen Seon Duk", "Jumong", and "Welcome 2 Life", director Kim Keun Hong. The script of the drama will be written by "Uncanny Encounter" and "Witch's Court" writer, Jeong Do Yoon

spacer.png

Lee Sang Yeob debuted in 2007 and has proven himself as a versatile actor by playing different roles. He's also been applauded for his skills whether he's the protagonist or the main lead's rival. Lee Sang Yeob is known for participating in dramas such as "Once Again" with Lee Min Jung, "Good Casting" with Choi Kang Hee, and "While You Were Sleeping" with Lee Jong Suk and Miss A Bae Suzy.

The actor is not only skilled in acting but he's also been praised for his variety skills. He's been a regular member of several variety and entertainment programs He also is often invited onto popular variety shows as a guest. 

Wednesday-Thursday drama "No One But a Madman" will air on MBC this coming June.

source