Lee Sang Yeob 이상엽 - Currently airing Reality show: “The Sixth Sense 3”; Upcoming Mnet show "Artistock Game"

irilight

Jun So Min Jokes About Breaking Up Her Love Line With Lee Sang Yeob On “Running Man”

jun-so-min-lee-sang-yeob.jpeg

Is this the end of the Jun So-Min and Lee Sang-Yeob love line?

The upcoming April 15 episode of SBS’s “Running Man” will air the third part of the “Family Package Project” featuring Lee Da-Hee, Lee Sang Yeob, Kang Ha-Na, and Hong Ji-Young.

According to the show’s staff, Jun So Min has shown interest in Lee Sang Yeob since the filming of the first project. The actress, however, changed her tune during the filming of the latest episode and announced a break-up with Lee Sang Yeob.

It turns out that he has only given her more bad luck and hasn’t helped her win. The duo was even nominated to receive punishment for two consecutive weeks during the last “Family Package Project.”

Lee-Sang-Yeob-Jun-So-Min.jpg

While filming the latest episode, Jun So Min said, “I’m sick of Lee Sang Yeob.” He replied, “You think you’re the only one?”

Catch Lee Sang Yeob and Jun So Min’s quarrel when “Running Man” airs on April 15 at 4:50 p.m. KST.

Source

• 4 weeks later...

Lee Sang Yeob Says Lee Kwang Soo Is His Role Model

Lee-Sang-Yeob-Lee-Kwang-Soo.jpg

On May 8, actor Lee Sang Yeob appeared as a guest on radio show MBC FM4U’s “Ji Suk Jin’s 2 O’Clock Date.”

When asked about who his role model is, Lee Sang Yeob said, “Off the top of my head, my role model is Lee Kwang Soo. While watching ‘Live’ I was moved a lot, and there is no other genius like him in variety.”

Ji Suk Jin commented, “[Lee Kwang Soo] is a variety genius. I think he’s possessed by a variety god. A lot of people say, ‘He really has bad luck. Is it manipulated?’ but you know the truth. He really doesn’t have good luck. People still wonder how such things happen. I also have bad luck, but mine doesn’t compare to his.”

Ji-Suk-Jin-Lee-Sang-Yeob.jpg

Lee Sang Yeob added, “I suddenly thought of this, but once his bad luck kept happening and his stylist asked ‘How can I live now?’ to which he coldly responded, ‘You can live your own life.'”

Then Ji Suk Jin said, “Lee Sang Yeob, you have really bad luck as well. The variety god is with you. Lee Sang Yeob is rising up.”

source

Suzy-Lee-Sang-Yeob-Jun-So-Min.jpg

On the May 8 episode of MBC FM4U’s “Ji Suk Jin‘s 2 O’Clock Date,” actor Lee Sang Yeob appeared as a guest and talked about his female co-stars.

When asked if Suzy looked pretty in person, he replied she really did. He said, “I first saw her in ‘While You Were Sleeping.’ I was the villain harassing Suzy.” He continued, “I started off thinking, ‘She’s really pretty.’ By the end of the drama, however, I ended up thinking, ‘She’s a really funny person.’ Suzy’s personality is that good. She eats blood sausage soup [sundaeguk] and stuff.”

After adding that Kim Tae Hee also looked beautiful in person, Lee Sang Yeob went on to share his story about meeting Moon Chae Won. “I was in the middle of standing up when Moon Chae Won said hello,” he explained. “She was so pretty that I froze awkwardly. I remember that.”

Moon Chae Won wasn’t the only one to have an awkward first meeting with him, according to Lee Sang Yeob. “When I met BoA for the first time, I was being told off by the director for my poor acting. So I couldn’t look her in the eyes for a long time,” he revealed.

Ji-Suk-Jin-Lee-Sang-Yeob1.jpg

Lee Sang Yeob also talked about Jun So Min and Song Ji Hyo, who he appeared with on SBS’s variety show “Running Man.” “I was comfortable around Jun So Min at first because she’s such an easygoing person,” he said. “But later, I couldn’t meet her eyes because I never knew what she was going to say.”

Song Ji Hyo, on the other hand, was charismatic from the beginning. He shared that when he met her for the first time and said hello, she immediately said, “Hey, come over here.” “She’s a really cool person,” he added.

Lee Sang Yeob showed great chemistry with Ji Suk Jin, Jun So Min, and Song Ji Hyo as well as other cast members on the recent episodes of “Running Man.” Check out the latest episode of the show below!

source

4982c2362d124d3e8310cc5127ecc978.jpeg?s=

Lee Sang Yeob Confirmed For New Drama, Jun So Min And Kim Ji Suk In Talks

Lee Sang Yeob has been confirmed for a new drama!

On July 19, a source from his agency C&CO ENS said, “Lee Sang Yeob has been cast as the lead in tvN’s new Friday-Saturday drama ‘Top Star Yoo Baek’ (working title), which is scheduled to air in November.”

“Top Star Yoo Baek” will tell the story of a popular celebrity who gets banished to an island after causing trouble. There, the celebrity will form relationships with the welcoming island residents and start a romantic relationship with a woman on the island.

Lee Sang Yeob will play the role of Choi Ma Dol, who is described as “the Jack Sparrow of ships.” Choi Ma Dol is the youngest person to become a captain. He’s an optimistic, friendly, and fun character, but is also strong-headed and charismatic.

Jun So Min is currently in talks to appear as the manager of a supermarket on the island, and Kim Ji Suk has been offered the role of the idol-turned-actor Yoo Baek.

Lee Sang Yeob has appeared in many dramas, portraying a wide range of characters. He was the epitome of a nice guy in KBS 2TV’s “The Innocent Man” and appeared as a lovable producing director in JTBC’s “My Wife is Having an Affair This Week.”

He left a lasting impression on viewers as a serial killer in tvN’s “Signal” and portrayed the cold-hearted lawyer Lee Yoo Beom in SBS’s “While You Were Sleeping.”

“Top Star Yoo Baek” is scheduled to air sometime in November. Are you excited to see Lee Sang Yeob in a new drama?

source

1b901e25b5624e20a6b27692f19f9aa0.jpeg?s=

Kim Ji Suk Confirmed To Join Lee Sang Yeob In New Drama; Jun So Min Still In Talks

Kim Ji Suk will be returning with a new drama!

The actor has been confirmed to star in tvN’s upcoming Friday drama “Top Star Yoo Baek” (literal title). The drama will follow the story of top star Yoo Baek who causes trouble and ends up exiled to an island. Romance ensues when the celebrity used to a sophisticated, fast life meets Kang Soon Gwa, a country-bumpkin who enjoys the slow life. He will be joining Lee Sang Yeob, while Jun So Min is still in talks for the drama.

Kim Ji Suk will be playing the role of narcissistic top star Yoo Baek. Though he has a confident personality and outstanding good looks, he is distrustful of people because of trauma he experienced at a young age. An idol-actor, he is successful in both singing and acting, earning the nickname of “Nation’s Melo Man.”“Top Star Yoo Baek” is slated to air sometime this year.

source:

Soompi

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Lee Sang Yeob 이상엽 - Upcoming SBS drama Special "Hymn of Death" (Guest Appearance); tvN drama “Top Star Yoo Baek”; movie "The Villagers"

"The Villagers" Kim Sae-ron Poses with Lee Sang-yeob and Ma Dong-seok

photo1014423.jpg

Kim Sae-ron took a picture with the cast of "The Villagers".

She posted a picture on Instagram saying, "The premiere of "The Villagers" with Yomi & Roni & Yeobi."

In the picture are Kim Sae-ron, Lee Sang-yeob, and Ma Dong-seok.

"The Villagers" is coming out on the 7th.

source

f51e4da0ad1f4e64854cf204199ebb2a.jpeg?s=

Lee Sang Yeob Talks About His Character On “Top Star U-Baek,” His Co-Stars, And More

Lee Sang Yeob talked about his character, his co-stars, and what it was like filming on an island for “Top Star U-Baek” in a recent interview.

“Top Star U-Baek” is about a top star Yoo Baek (played by Kim Ji Suk) who causes a huge scandal and is exiled to Yeojeuk Island. There, he experiences slow countryside life, and begins a romance with Oh Kang Soon (played by Jun So Min). Lee Sang Yeob plays Choi Ma Dol, the top star of Yeojeuk Island, who makes a glorious return home on a deep-sea fishing vessel.

On why he chose to appear in the drama and his co-stars, Lee Sang Yeob shared, “I’ve always wanted to work with [Kim Ji Suk and Jun So Min]. Kim Ji Suk is really kind and is someone who makes others feel comfortable. Though we haven’t had a lot of scenes together yet, you can look forward to the chemistry between Yoo Baek and Choi Ma Dol.”

He continued, “I’m close with Jun So Min, so whenever we film, it’s basically an adlib battle as we keep pouring out ad-lib after ad-lib. I think if director Yoo Hak Chan didn’t stop us, we could keep going for hours. I think it would be fun for viewers to guess what is in the script and what are ad-libs while watching the drama.”
Lee-Sang-Yeob-540x359.jpg

As all the filming for the drama takes place on Daemo Island, Lee Sang Yeob was then asked three things the island did have and didn’t have. He remarked, “I spent around two months with the actors and staff members. I’m happiest that Daemo Island has a food truck, barnacles to eat as side dishes while drinking, and Oh Kang Soon, who I like the most in the entire world.” He laughed and added, “However, there’s no commonly-seen convenience stores or Wi-Fi. I’m the most sad about there being no claw machine, which I really like.”

Lee Sang Yeob then talked about his character Choi Ma Dol. He laughed and commented, “Choi Ma Dol’s charm comes from his child-like whimsy, cheekiness, and his charismatic masculinity. His unique old man vibes will take on Yoo Baek’s coolness.”

Lee-Sang-Yeob-2-768x512.jpg

When asked what three things were needed to become Yeojeuk Island’s top star, and how similar he and his character were, he answered, “To be a top star like Sailor Choi, you need wit, refreshing taciturnity, and a friendliness that’s borderline nosy. I think out of those, the joking around and wittiness is the part that’s most similar to me.” He laughed and commented, “I don’t have Choi Ma Dol’s taciturnity or friendliness, so I’m going to try to learn using this opportunity.”

“Top Star U-Baek” will air its first episode on November 16 at 11 p.m. KST.

Check out teasers for the drama here!

source: Soompi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Go Seung Ji changed the title to Lee Sang Yeob 이상엽 - Completed: [SBS drama Special "Hymn of Death" (Guest Appearance); movie "The Villagers"]; Current: [tvN drama “Top Star Yoo Baek”]
  • 1 month later...
  • Go Seung Ji changed the title to Lee Sang Yeob 이상엽 - Upcoming Drama: Channel A "Love Affairs in the Afternoon"

Park Ha-sun, Lee Sang-yub cast in Channel A romance melo
parkhasun-leesangyeob-afternoonlovers.jp

I’m usually not one for adultery dramas, but if Lee Sang-yub’s (Top Star Yoo Baek) going to be in this, I know I’m going to check this out, at least at the beginning. Channel A is planning a remake of Japanese dorama Hirugao, titled Weekday Afternoon Lovers, and Park Ha-sun (Drinking Solo) and Lee Sang-yub have been cast as leads in the romance melo.

Read more on Dramabeans

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please make sure to also submit a license request form to Viki

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please make sure to visit also the  Drama thread:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

a4575b4f1f1a4e9e9aff56c5d057ce4d.jpeg?s=

Lee Sang Yeob Risks Getting In Trouble With His Father For Upcoming “Running Man” Episode

Lee Sang Yeob is ready to do whatever it takes in the upcoming episode of SBS’s “Running Man”!

The new episode will follow the cast as they trade personal items in a bid to get the highest appraised value from experts. The members were asked to bring personal items that “Can’t be used right now but are too valuable to throw away.” Everything from a life-size cardboard cutout to precious items were brought on set.

First, the cast visited an antique market and their celebrity friends in an attempt to trade their items for something of higher value. Actor Lee Sang Yeob, who is part of the “Running Man” family, surprised the cast when he brought out an item that is practically a family heirloom as he said, “If my father finds out, I’m in big trouble.”

Spoiler

Running-Man.jpeg

Meanwhile, Lee Kwang Soo tried to exchange his cardboard cutout at the antique market but was met with responses like, “I wouldn’t buy it for 500 won (approximately $0.44),” and “2,000 won (approximately $1.76) is the maximum price I’d pay.” Yoo Jae Suk needled him as he remarked, “Why did you even bring that?”

The item that Lee Sang Yeob brought out that surprised everyone will be revealed in the upcoming episode of “Running Man,” which will air at 5 p.m. KST on March 17.

Catch up with the latest episode of “Running Man” below!

source

• 2 weeks later...

1b14d12cea50459fb033fcb56cc43148.jpeg?s=

Park Ha Sun, Lee Sang Yeob, Ye Ji Won, And Jo Dong Hyuk Confirmed For Upcoming Remake Of Japanese Drama

Park Ha Sun, Lee Sang Yeob, Ye Ji Won, and Jo Dong Hyuk have been confirmed to star in upcoming Channel A drama “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” (literal title).

The drama is about adults who struggle through the difficulties of forbidden love. It is a remake of Japanese channel Fuji TV’s drama “Hirugao: Love Affairs in the Afternoon.”

Park Ha Sun will play the sincere, average woman Son Ji Eun, and Lee Sang Yeob will play the boyish, innocent man Yoon Jung Woo. After coincidentally meeting each other one day, they go through excruciatingly repetitive daily routines and completely twisted experiences. Their innocent yet fatal love story unfolds throughout the drama.

Ye Ji Won will be taking on the role of the charming Choi Soo Ah, who holds onto a fatal secret, while Jo Dong Hyuk will be taking on the role of Do Ha Yoon, a sensitive man and a talented artist. They will show what happens as they fall into a forbidden relationship that they cannot resist.

“Love Affairs in the Afternoon” is slated to air in the first half of 2019.

source

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Park Hae-sun's 'Lovers on the Weekday Afternoon', confirmed on July 5th
0000583645_001_20190510092909595.jpg?typ

Channel A A new gilt drama 'Lovers of the Weekend Afternoon' will be broadcasted on Friday, July 5 at 11:00 pm

"...  So, from the news of the remake of Korea early this year, it received a lot of attention from the drama fans. In particular, the news of the merger of Park Hae-sun, Lee Sang-yeop, Ye-ji Won, and Jo Dong-hyuk increased expectations. 

Not only are your four actors recognized as outstanding performers, but they also boast a unique sync rate with the original characters.  We are already wondering about the birth of the well-maid drama, where the acting power of the cast, and the sophisticated directing power of director Kim Jung-min will be met."

(Translated with Google Translate.)

source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please send lots of title requests to Viki.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/confirm/title-request-form/

Well, here is the confirmation from a Soompi article.

bed7172a09264dba897dce1b61272ff5.jpeg?s=

Upcoming J-Drama Remake Starring Park Ha Sun And Lee Sang Yeob Confirms Air Date

Channel A has confirmed that their upcoming drama “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” will be premiering as a Friday-Saturday drama on July 5!

The drama, starring Park Ha Sun, Lee Sang Yeob, Ye Ji Won, and Jo Dong Hyuk, is a remake of the Japanese Fuji TV drama “Hirugao: Love Affairs in the Afternoon,” which follows the trials and tribulations of adults who are faced with forbidden love.

The original Japanese drama was a highly-rated hit for its provocative love story and the detailed emotional portrayal by the actors. It was eventually adapted into both a novel and film.

source

• 3 weeks later...

3838e28e687d48a7bba9bf69b8897fc3.jpeg?s=

Lee Sang Yeob And Park Ha Sun Get Steamy In Main Poster For New Drama About Forbidden Love

The upcoming drama “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” (tentative title) has revealed its first teaser video and main poster!

“Love Affairs in the Afternoon” is a remake of the 2014 Japanese drama “Hirugao: Love Affairs in the Afternoon,” which follows the trials and tribulations of adults who are faced with forbidden love.

In the newly released teaser video, Park Ha Sun is on her bike heading towards an unknown destination. She says, “It feels like I am trapped in a maze without an exit. God, please do not test me.” This is also a replica of a well-known scene from the original drama.

The main poster features the male and female leads of the drama, Lee Sang Yeob and Park Ha Sun. The two stand closely with their arms wrapped around each other, and the tagline on the poster reads, “Am I heaven or hell to you?”

Spoiler

Lee-Sang-Yeob-Park-Ha-Seon.jpg

The production team of “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” stated, “The drama is an unconventional and passionate melodrama, while at the same time, a drama that describes in detail the psychology of a person who approaches the feelings of love. That’s why the role that the actors play in bringing the story to life is so important.”

They continued, “Park Ha Sun and Lee Sang Yeob are always deeply immersed in their characters and show off perfect chemistry. The poster also shows the chemistry between the two actors well. Please show a lot of interest and anticipation for the love story they will tell in the drama.”

“Love Affairs in the Afternoon” will premiere on July 5 at 11 p.m. KST.

Check out the teaser video below:

Source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please "liked" the article and comment on it too.
And please submit requests for the drama to Viki.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Looking for a love that has flown away in Channel A’s Weekday Afternoon Lovers

weekdayafternoon-teaser622.jpg

One of the reasons I’m looking forward to Channel A’s upcoming melo Weekday Afternoon Lovers, despite my usual hesitation regarding the genre and adultery content in general, is because of this cast. I feel like each of the four leads, Park Ha-sun (Drinking Solo), Lee Sang-yub (Top Star Yoo Baek), Ye Ji-won (Thirty But Seventeen), and Jo Dong-hyuk (Rude Miss Young-ae), are better known for either their comedic or action roles, so it’ll be interesting to see them take on this genre.

Read more on Dramabeans

Teaser #2