Lee Sang Yeob 이상엽 - Currently airing Reality show: “The Sixth Sense 3”; Upcoming Mnet show "Artistock Game"

irilight

Lee Sang-yeob Considers "I've Been There Once"

photo1114593.jpg

Actor Lee Sang-yeob is considering "I've Been There Once", a weekend drama.

"I've Been There Once" is a story about love and family based on the Song Family, who never have a peaceful day. Lee Sang-yeob was offered the role of Yoon Gyoo-jin, a pediatrician.

"I've Been There Once" is directed by Lee Jae-sang and written by Yang Hee-seong. Chun Ho-jin, Lee Jung-eun, Oh Yoon-ah and Lee Min-jung and others have confirmed roles in the drama already.

Meanwhile, "I've Been There Once" is due in March next year.

source

fd9df29dadbb497ab826d72addf07e44.jpeg?s=

Lee Sang Yeob In Talks To Star In Weekend Drama

On October 23, sources from the drama industry began reporting that Lee Sang Yeob would be taking a lead role in the upcoming KBS weekend drama “I’ve Been There Once” (literal translation).

His agency, Ungbin ENS, stated, “It is true that Lee Sang Yeob has received a casting offer for KBS’s new weekend drama. He is currently reviewing the offer.”

The new weekend drama is about the turbulent divorce story of the Song family that ends in the discovery of romance and familial love. The Song family includes a frugal father, a cute but materialistic mother, and four adult children with their own quirks and family troubles. The Korean title of the drama, which literally translates to “I went there once and came back” is an often-used euphemism for divorce in Korea.

The role that Lee Sang Yeob has been offered is reportedly that of Yoon Kyu Jin, a doctor of internal medicine at a pediatric hospital. He is described as good-looking, warm-hearted, and witty, and popular with both colleagues and patients because of his sense of humor. He also grew up in a well-to-do family, but there was once a major danger in his life.

Actresses Lee Min Jung and Oh Yoon Ah are also in talks for this drama, as well as Chun Ho Jin, Lee Jung Eun, and Oh Dae Hwan.

Do you want to see Lee Sang Yeob take on this role?

source

• Like 1

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to Lee Sang Yeob 이상엽 - Upcoming SBS Drama "GOOD CASTING." Current tvN Variety Show "Trans-Siberian Pathfinders"

Oh Yoon-ah, Lee Min-jung and Lee Chang-wook joins Lee Sang Yeob in upcoming KBS drama "I've Been There Once"

100 episodes - Sat, Sun 19:55 (2x40min episodes per day)

Synopsis
"I've Been There Once" is a story about love and family based on the Song Family, who never have a peaceful day

Drama first broadcast on March 21, 2020

76640146_775584182864816_177103839309489

source

@Lawyerh you miss Bio teacher ?I miss him .  Kkkk . Good thing Is his next drama will be in November taking over Secret Boutique. Wahh but that weekender, Gosh will I have the stamina ? Maybe if I can finish LiBLiW , I may be able to follow till the end :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Waving to @Lawyerh and @triplem  little-cutie-says-hello-smiley-emoticon.

On 10/29/2019 at 4:50 AM, triplem said:

Good thing Is his next drama will be in November taking over Secret Boutique

@triplem, chincha?   According to Hancinema "Good Casting" is scheduled for March of next year...
Has there been a change?

https://www.hancinema.net/korean_drama_Good_Casting.php

On 10/29/2019 at 4:54 AM, Lawyerh said:

Heard he will be played as doctor... Im not fans of weekend drama... but we'll see... lol... He need to work hard to make me sign up to long drama !

@Lawyerh, I am so happy he has finally got a leading role offer from both SBS and KBS.  KBS weekend Drama tend to be good.  They often get ratings of over 20%. And with that, it will be more of a door opener for him, to have been in a highly rated drama.   (Assuming that would be the case with this drama.) But so far, I think he has not confirmed for this drama. 

Thank you for the IG picture with Jeon Do Yeon. I'd love for them to be in a project together.

From the set of "The Day I Died."

• Like 1

Lee Sang-yeob Discussed "The Day I Died" With Kim Hye-soo

photo1106137.jpg

On the latest episode of the South Korean variety show 'My Little Old Boy' Lee Sang-yeob talked about "The Day I Died". According to Lee Sang-yeob, filming for the film has already started and he has been working on set with his co-star, Kim Hye-soo.

Lee Sang-yeob is one of the younger cast members for "The Day I Died". The actor was full of praise for his seniors on set, stating that they were really looking out for the younger cast members and making sure they felt comfortable.

About Kim Hye-soo specifically, Lee Sang-yeob described her as being an older sister. He related an anecdote about the desire of some motherly figures to see Kim Hye-soo, and also described her as being very beautiful.

Emcee Shin Dong-yup also had an interesting insight in the form of how he went to the same high school as she did. According to Shin Dong-yup, Kim Hye-soo was not a high teen star on campus, though she had already started her acting career by this time. He described her appearances as vivid.

source

• Like 1

Hello dear @irilight . Good Casting was suppose to replace Secret Boutique. But SBS keeps cancelling SB episodes because of baseball so much so that SB will only be done end of Nov. Last I read, SBS has decided to put up some variety programme after that and delay Good Casting to next year ( which is March I suppose) . I thought they have already started filming for Good Casting but seems like he is filming for the movie first.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 3:19 AM, triplem said:

Hello dear @irilight . Good Casting was suppose to replace Secret Boutique. But SBS keeps cancelling SB episodes because of baseball so much so that SB will only be done end of Nov. Last I read, SBS has decided to put up some variety programme after that and delay Good Casting to next year ( which is March I suppose) . I thought they have already started filming for Good Casting but seems like he is filming for the movie first.

Thank you, @triplem.

I just checked and "Good Casting" seems  to have an air date of March 2020.

In the meantime, I am so pleased to share that Lee Sang Yeob has won Best Actor in a Drama for "Love Affair in the Afternoon" at the 27th Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards.

congrats-smiley-emoticon-1.gif Congratulations!  not-available.gifhands-clapping-applause-smiley-emoticon.

78272830_1019614771712398_90397270564132

Spoiler

78339440_1019614798379062_88455994180118

78273689_1019615055045703_31586776742897

78912568_1019615088379033_63519385583909

78886572_1019614871712388_92042170281754

78058585_1019614935045715_63047010091259

Spoiler

78677314_1019615208379021_43329505780165

75341167_1019614711712404_42674981111039

• Love 1

Yay !  Thanks for the good news @irilight

Love Affairs is my favourite drama of 2019. I watch it live , raw , subbed .:lol: The OTP goes to the TOP of my OTP list 

Sharing the good news with my fellow Affairs buddies :D

@Ameera Ali @ktcjdrama @Lawyerh

——

At the MAMA 2019

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5plh13gsYZ/?igshid=13cgefzrbun1r
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5pmM_-poOV/?igshid=1ogv988fbzixd

On 12/4/2019 at 7:29 PM, triplem said:

Love Affairs is my favourite drama of 2019. I watch it live , raw , subbed .:lol: The OTP goes to the TOP of my OTP list 

wow!  Good to know, @triplem.

I still need to watch it. I had to put it on hold, when I needed to help a friend who had surgery and could barely move.
That is why I have been so scarce here.

But - I will watch it, after I catch up on "Catch the Ghost", which I love to pieces.... I wish it was double the number of episodes...;)B):wub:

Thank you for sharing the news with fellow friends  thanks-smiley-emoticon.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the meantime, I see this new information!

Actors Joo Ji-hoon, Ko Kyu-pil and Lee Sang-yeob will appear as guests on 'Kim Nam Gil's Super Mega Great Show in the Universe to be held on Dec. 8, 2019 at the Hall of Peace, Kyunghee University, Seoul, SK.

Joo Ji Hoon is one of Kim Nam Gil's close friend in the entertainment industry. They are close enough to publicly mention each other's names in television and awards testimony. Meanwhile, Ko Kyu Pil and Lee Sang Yeob recently appeared with Kim Nam Gil in tvN's Trans-Siberian Pathfinders. Kyu Pil became friends with Kim Nam Gil through SBS drama The Fiery Priest.

20191206113910811bjsk.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=

Source

Another win for Lee Sang-Yeob!  awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif
Winner of Best Drama Star in  2019 Best Star Awards !    Congratulations!  cheering-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif

Winners Of 2019 Best Star Awards

The winners of the 2019 Best Star Awards have been announced!

On December 11, the annual ceremony held its 8th event at the Lotte Hotel Seoul, with Kim Kang Hyun and Park Seul Gi as the night’s MCs.

Check out the winners below!

Career Achievement Award: Yoon Jung Hee
Best Director: Lee Byung Heon (“Extreme Job”)
Best New Director: Kim Do Young (“Kim Ji-Young, Born 1982”)
Best Lead Actor: Kim Sang Joong, Ryu Seung Ryong, Lee Jong Hyuk, Kim Ah Joong
Best New Actor: Gong Myung, Jung Hae In, Park Ji Hoo
Best Drama Star: Lee Sang Yeob, Son Dambi
Popular Star: Jo Hyun Jae
Korean Wave Star: Hong Soo Ah
Best Entertainer: Heo Jae
Best Singer: The One

Congratulations to all the winners!

source

@triplem, thank you for the lovely photo and video. Lee Sang Yeob surely has a beautiful smile!

Also, like you and @Lawyerh, I am also concerned about the FL. I never liked her.  I think maybe he felt he needed to take this, because it would "put him on the map" as a lead actor for main broadcast station. Once he got a leading role, he will most likely get more such opportunities (based on what I see with other new leads).

God knows, he is one under-rated and very deserving actor. I hope it will pave the way for him to more leading roles, in good drama.

Below is an older article I have missed before now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

afdc45e0e4d64eac9ea6d1906bc0848a.jpeg?s=

Lee Sang Yeob Talks About His Dating Style And How It Has Changed

On the September 29 broadcast of SBS’s “My Ugly Duckling,” actor Lee Sang Yeob appeared as a guest and talked about his dating style!

When they began filming, Lee Sang Yeob expressed his excitement to appear on the show as a guest, wondering if the mothers would recognize him. Despite his concerns, the mothers shared that they had enjoyed watching his latest drama “Love Affairs in the Afternoon.”

Lee-Sang-Yeob-2-540x300.jpg

Seo Jang Hoon commented, “I feel as if a lot of people would be interested in you. Have you ever been dumped while dating?” Surprising, Lee Sang Yeob responded, “I’ve been dumped nearly 90 percent of the time while dating.”

Lee Sang Yeob explained, “I run while only looking forward like a racehorse and not at my surroundings. I tend to get too attached and fall [in love with one person].”

Hong Jin Young‘s mom asked, “Isn’t it good to fall completely [in love] with them?” but Lee Sang Yeob shared honestly, “Sometimes, the recipient is burdened by that, and I also get tired. When the other person doesn’t reciprocate, I get tired and concerned, but then they also get tired after seeing me [get tired]. I’ve let a lot of [that obsessiveness] go, but now I don’t have a partner.”

Lee-Sang-Yeob.jpg

Meanwhile Shin Dong Yup jokingly shared, “I make one-sided sacrifices. That’s also a noble way of loving.” However, Tony An‘s mom hilariously pointed out that was a lie.

“My Ugly Duckling” airs every Sunday at 9:05 p.m. KST.

source

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2019 at 4:51 AM, Lawyerh said:

The FL sometimes a bit hit or miss, so i hope this will be good.

@Lawyerh, @triplem,  I really wish he had confirmed the KBS weekend Drama instead of this one.

If SBS had messed up by pushing this one forward, maybe that would be a good excuse to get out of it.

KBS weekend Drama always rate higher.  Also, I like the cast in this one, and the scriptwriter far better.

I personally consider this a poor choice, unless he can somehow manage both Drama.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1360934wpp/lee-sang-yeob-in-talks-to-star-in-weekend-drama

@irilight @Lawyerh IKR . I wasn’t so keen he took on Good Casting but it was good for him to take on the lead in the big network I suppose . 
Both MDL & Han Cinema seem to hv confirmed his participation in the weekender

https://www.hancinema.net/korean_drama_I__ve_Been_There_Once.php

https://mydramalist.com/44611-i-have-been-there-once

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, triplem said:

Both MDL & Han Cinema seem to hv confirmed his participation in the weekender

@triplem, Sadly, both sites sometime list actors when they are only in talks -  not confirmed.

I am unable to find the KBS Drama on Asianwiki, which leads me to believe non of the actors are confirmed yet.... puzzled...