✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

Suncatcher? What’s wrong with me? Anything I see weather related on her instagram, I think about Hong Chun Gi :idk: so Hyun catches the “sun” that falls from the sky? Lol  

Yay! Congrats with 9.2 followers :fun:

• LOL 1

43 minutes ago, elan1 said:

Suncatcher? What’s wrong with me? Anything I see weather related on her instagram, I think about Hong Chun Gi :idk: so Hyun catches the “sun” that falls from the sky? Lol  

I am with you :))) I think she is Hong Chun Gi  :phew:

• LOL 1

Highest Paid Celebrities in 2017 (Actors and Actresses): Then and Now

Staggering worth of income has never been a problem of these celebrities. An entertainment insider posted the income of these celebrities online. The incomes are just based on CFs (commercial films) that they did for the first quarter of 2017.

1.png
Source: Koreaboo

Kim So Hyun
Another child star that became successful with her career.
20.jpg

22.jpg

As a number cruncher, I eagerly want to know what is her net worth now. Netflix earnings might give her a big boost in her earnings.
  • Like 1

The Tale of Nokdu DVD(Japan ver.) will be released in Japan in 2 sets!

Set 1:
5 Discs- Ep 1~8 (4 Main DVDs + 1 Special DVD)

Benefits:-
- Booklet (8 pages)
- Video Benefits: Makings + Interviews

(Release Date: 2nd Oct 2020)

Set 2:
5 Discs- Ep 9~16 (4 Main DVDs + 1 Special DVD)

Benefits:-
- Booklet (8 pages)
- Video Benefits: Makings + Interviews

(Release Date: 6th Nov 2020)

Site: https://kandera.jp/sp/nokudu/

cr: wowhellosohyun

Unseen photo of Dongju

Resim

Resim

Resim

cr: sunshine_0315 , wowhellosohyun twitter

• Like 1

If you find the earnings report for Et story then you can find how much Kim Sohyun earns. Netflix doesn't always give salary boosts to the actors they give higher budgets for the whole production cost. Knowing how poor Et story is at management don't expect her to have high salary earnings. 

15 hours ago, elan1 said:

I've given up on that drama. Kim Sohyun is too big for her name to be announced three months after they cast the actor who is still not well known. Better be something better waiting for her next year. 

• Insightful 1

10 minutes ago, Palette45 said:

If you find the earnings report for Et story then you can find how much Kim Sohyun earns. Netflix doesn't always give salary boosts to the actors they give higher budgets for the whole production cost. Knowing how poor Et story is at management don't expect her to have high salary earnings. 

I beg to disagree. At the end of the day, we never know the reason for the alleged lack of promotion for So Hyun. It can be a strategy like what many agencies are doing - they bar their top talents to do multiple activities because they want to establish and retain this "mysterious aura", which really sells to Korean public. During So Hyun's Sidus days, I remember she is not given a lot of variety show appearances because the agency wants to build a mysterious Song Hye Kyo aura for So Hyun. In contrast, Kim Yoo Jung was given a lot of variety show appearances because they want to create a bubbly Jun Ji Hyun image for her.

As for Netflix earnings, it was all over Hollywood that they pay huge checks for their shows' talents. So, it is not possible that the same also applies to Korean celebrities like So Hyun. If she is not earning from her Netflix deal, it will be dumb for her agency to not let her do any projects besides Love Alarm. At the very sum, it is still business - money matters above all.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Erick Miranda said:

I beg to disagree. At the end of the day, we never know the reason for the alleged lack of promotion for So Hyun. It can be a strategy like what many agencies are doing - they bar their top talents to do multiple activities because they want to establish and retain this "mysterious aura", which really sells to Korean public. During So Hyun's Sidus days, I remember she is not given a lot of variety show appearances because the agency wants to build a mysterious Song Hye Kyo aura for So Hyun. In contrast, Kim Yoo Jung was given a lot of variety show appearances because they want to create a bubbly Jun Ji Hyun image for her.

As for Netflix earnings, it was all over Hollywood that they pay huge checks for their shows' talents. So, it is not possible that the same also applies to Korean celebrities like So Hyun. If she is not earning from her Netflix deal, it will be dumb for her agency to not let her do any projects besides Love Alarm. At the very sum, it is still business - money matters above all.

Sidus never wanted to create any image for Sohyun. They were shocked when she became popular and they never promoted her the way she deserved. School 2015 should have guaranteed her a Baeksang nomination and excellence award at KBS not just new actor. They also never let her get big endorsements and you can see she was paid half the amount for endorsements than her labelmate. Kim Sohyun made a smart choice by leaving and until 2018 end Et story did their job but since 2019 they've been neglecting her. The mysterious image used to work but it doesn't anymore. Even film actors are being more candid and approachable these days. The public friendly image is always better in the long run. 

Kim Sohyun has made her own aura she isn't like other actresses. Netflix could be paying her more but for Sweet Home the report said the salaries of the actors weren't high instead the money was invested in the production itself. It could be possible they gave her a higher salary but I don't expect it to be high enough to turn down endorsements for. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

16 minutes ago, Palette45 said:

Sidus never wanted to create any image for Sohyun. They were shocked when she became popular and they never promoted her the way she deserved. School 2015 should have guaranteed her a Baeksang nomination and excellence award at KBS not just new actor. They also never let her get big endorsements and you can see she was paid half the amount for endorsements than her labelmate. Kim Sohyun made a smart choice by leaving and until 2018 end Et story did their job but since 2019 they've been neglecting her. The mysterious image used to work but it doesn't anymore. Even film actors are being more candid and approachable these days. The public friendly image is always better in the long run. 

I agree with Erick. Sidus heavily promoted So Hyun to be the next Song Hye Kyo during her days in that agency. Actually, many of KYJ fans hate Sidus because they seemed to favor So Hyun over Yoo Jung because the former got more acting gigs. As for the paycheck, she and her labelmate have the same talent fees - it is all over the internet, you know. Further, if you will read again the post above, the earnings pertain to CF earnings for 1st quarter of 2017, which is not an absolute representation of the whole year's income. Maybe her labelmate did a lot of CFs during that quarter so her income was higher than So Hyun. Finally, the mysterious image is still a thing in Korea's showbusiness. Korean people tend to have more curiosity for stars which are not always in the spotlight like JJH, SHK, GY, LMH, KSH, HB, SYJ and among others. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Palette45 said:

Kim Sohyun has made her own aura she isn't like other actresses. Netflix could be paying her more but for Sweet Home the report said the salaries of the actors weren't high instead the money was invested in the production itself. It could be possible they gave her a higher salary but I don't expect it to be high enough to turn down endorsements for. 

I disagree again. Sidus is a big reason why So Hyun became a big name star today. Before TMETS and MY, Sidus priority is only Yoo Jung. However, after So Hyun's breakout role in TMETS and MY, Sidus gave her a lot more projects than her labelmate and most of these projects were meatier in comparison to Yoo Jung. Not to mention that So Hyun's salary per episode became also on par with Yoo Jung. 

Sidus is also the reason why So Hyun booked the lead role in School 2015 drama. Remember, she is not the first choice for that drama but because of Sidus' clout and power, they were able to secure the role for So Hyun. Actually, between So Hyun and Yoo Jung, it was So Hyun who first booked a "legit" lead role in a 16-episode length drama. Yoo Jung was only able to compensate the lead of So Hyun due to success of Love In The Moonlight. That's why her earnings were higher than So Hyun during the first quarter of 2017 because of the CF deals she made from the success of Moonlight.

Lastly, we cannot compare Song Kang's potential earnings for Sweet Home with So Hyun's earnings for Love Alarm. Song Kang is only a rookie actor while So Hyun is an established one. Further, it is all over the internet that Netflix is paying huge paychecks to theirs actors and actresses which are larger than traditional studio salaries. So, I believe that So Hyun is earning a lot from her Netflix deal, and their might be a boost considering that 1st season of LA became a hit. Netflix is reported to double an actor or actress earnings if the series he/she starred with becomes successful.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

53 minutes ago, miri said:

I agree with Erick. Sidus heavily promoted So Hyun to be the next Song Hye Kyo during her days in that agency. Actually, many of KYJ fans hate Sidus because they seemed to favor So Hyun over Yoo Jung because the former got more acting gigs. As for the paycheck, she and her labelmate have the same talent fees - it is all over the internet, you know. Further, if you will read again the post above, the earnings pertain to CF earnings for 1st quarter of 2017, which is not an absolute representation of the whole year's income. Maybe her labelmate did a lot of CFs during that quarter so her income was higher than So Hyun. Finally, the mysterious image is still a thing in Korea's showbusiness. Korean people tend to have more curiosity for stars which are not always in the spotlight like JJH, SHK, GY, LMH, KSH, HB, SYJ and among others. 

They never promoted her as the next Song Hyekyo they created the little Son Yejin moniker but never as the next Hyekyo. I didn't mention talent fees I mentioned the endorsement fees and no she wasn't more active Sohyun was more active. Don't you remember she had that huge attitude scandal and had to go into hiding for several months. The fees is per endorsement and Sohyun had fewer endorsements so Sidus might have been doing more noise marketing but behind the scenes they weren't promoting Sohyun nor did they want her to succeed. Not being in the spotlight is fine but only after you've fully established yourself and all the actors you mentioned worked without breaks in their early 20s they only started taking breaks after they got married, went of to the military or hit their 30s. This is the age where Sohyun should be active and properly promoted.

I'm not saying Sidus didn't promote her they did but not because they wanted her to become as popular as she has today. Comparing them to Et story and say they promoted her better I can't because Et story doesn't promote her or anyone else. They are late on paying their website fees, late on notifying about Japanese fan club and keep turning off comments when fans complain.

29 minutes ago, Erick Miranda said:

I disagree again. Sidus is a big reason why So Hyun became a big name star today. Before TMETS and MY, Sidus priority is only Yoo Jung. However, after So Hyun's breakout role in TMETS and MY, Sidus gave her a lot more projects than her labelmate and most of these projects were meatier in comparison to Yoo Jung. Not to mention that So Hyun's salary per episode became also on par with Yoo Jung. 

Sidus is also the reason why So Hyun booked the lead role in School 2015 drama. Remember, she is not the first choice for that drama but because of Sidus' clout and power, they were able to secure the role for So Hyun. Actually, between So Hyun and Yoo Jung, it was So Hyun who first booked a "legit" lead role in a 16-episode length drama. Yoo Jung was only able to compensate the lead of So Hyun due to success of Love In The Moonlight. That's why her earnings were higher than So Hyun during the first quarter of 2017 because of the CF deals she made from the success of Moonlight.

Lastly, we cannot compare Song Kang's potential earnings for Sweet Home with So Hyun's earnings for Love Alarm. Song Kang is only a rookie actor while So Hyun is an established one. Further, it is all over the internet that Netflix is paying huge paychecks to theirs actors and actresses which are larger than traditional studio salaries. So, I believe that So Hyun is earning a lot from her Netflix deal, and their might be a boost considering that 1st season of LA became a hit. Netflix is reported to double an actor or actress earnings if the series he/she starred with becomes successful.

Sidus didn't give the role of Sohyun because of their clout. The role was orginally for Lee Yoobi who was also her labelmate. It happened to go to Sohyun maybe because other people refused it. I don't think they expected it gain popularity abroad in terms of ratings it was considered a failure. I'm not comparing Song Kang salary to her but Love Alarm has two rookie actors and one known actress obviously she will get paid more but I don't expect the more to be a very large amount. I expect the production cost of Love Alarm is less than Nokdu otherwise it would have made news.

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

Did Sohyun cut her hair again ? Her ig uptade.

Resim

Resim

Kim Sohyun promoting herself because Et story won't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Palette45 said:

The fees is per endorsement and Sohyun had fewer endorsements

It is not per endorsement, the fees pertain to the lump sum amount earned during the quarter. The number of CFs made during the quarter played a big role. Maybe So Hyun did few CFs during that quarter. That is why her earnings are lower than Yoo Jung. Further, I did not read any report claiming Yoo Jung is the highets paid in her generation. The most possible scenario is they are just the same because they have similar domestic popularity. 

1 hour ago, Palette45 said:

Im not comparing Song Kang salary to her but Love Alarm has two rookie actors and one known actress obviously she will get paid more but I don't expect the more to be a very large amount.

It is hypocritical for So Hyun's end to avoid doing other activities if her Netflix paycheck does not compensate the same. So, I guess, the paycheck must be really huge because her agency cannot manage to last without large source of funds. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, miri said:

It is not per endorsement, the fees pertain to the lump sum amount earned during the quarter. 

It is hypocritical for So Hyun's end to avoid doing other activities if her Netflix paycheck does not compensate the same. So, I guess, the paycheck must be really huge because her agency cannot manage to last without large source of funds. 

The fees is per endorsement not lump sum. You can go read the original article where this news came from. If you still have doubts you can try on twitter with kpop fans they'll tell you this is the per endorsement fees. BTS and EXO fans had a huge fight because of this list so I remember. She earned less and she shouldn't have earned that little. Her fame even then was much bigger. I'll still argue the Netflix salary might be bigger than regular Dramas but it won't be that big. If a list for actress salaries ever comes out later I'm sure Kim Sohyun will be on the lower end. It could be because she still isn't fully established and very underrated in my opinion. Et story doesn't promote her which why she doesn't have any activities right now. She said last year she wanted to film movies but six months later I still don't see any movie offers for her. I can't believe idol actress can get movies with reputable directors but Sohyun can't even get a single movie offer. Her management isn't doing enough.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

22 minutes ago, Palette45 said:

The fees is per endorsement not lump sum. You can go read the original article where this news came from. If you still have doubts you can try on twitter with kpop fans they'll tell you this is the per endorsement fees. BTS and EXO fans had a huge fight because of this list so I remember. She earned less and she shouldn't have earned that little. Her fame even then was much bigger. I'll still argue the Netflix salary might be bigger than regular Dramas but it won't be that big. If a list for actress salaries ever comes out later I'm sure Kim Sohyun will be on the lower end. It could be because she still isn't fully established and very underrated in my opinion. Et story doesn't promote her which why she doesn't have any activities right now. She said last year she wanted to film movies but six months later I still don't see any movie offers for her. I can't believe idol actress can get movies with reputable directors but Sohyun can't even get a single movie offer. Her management isn't doing enough.

If it will make you sleep better, go, convince yourself. The article clearly states that the income pertains to CFs they did for the quarter. In other words, it is the accumulative or lump sum amount of their CF earnings. Further, I know So Hyun is still on her way to become a fully established actress but I am sure she is not underrated. The fact that she is always included in those kind of salary lists is an achievement for her age. I also understand that she needs to work hard especially at her age but we have to consider that she also balances her work with her university education. So, I stick to my comment that she earns a lot as opposed to what you are trying to portray. At the end of the day, it will be a career and financial suicide if your earnings does not compensate your expenses particularly if you run an agency at such a young age. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

10 hours ago, Palette45 said:

I've given up on that drama. Kim Sohyun is too big for her name to be announced three months after they cast the actor who is still not well known. Better be something better waiting for her next year. 

Maybe they are delaying announcements for publicity sake because the drama won’t come out until March of next year. 

8 hours ago, Palette45 said:

for Sweet Home the report said the salaries of the actors weren't high instead the money was invested in the production itself.

The entire cast of sweet home are basically unknowns and is just starting to make their mark. 

8 hours ago, Breeze said:

Did Sohyun cut her hair again ? Her ig uptade.

I think the photos are old? Because did the comment say, I’m thinking about last summer? 

7 hours ago, Erick Miranda said:

However, after So Hyun's breakout role in TMETS and MY, Sidus gave her a lot more projects than her labelmate and most of these projects were meatier in comparison to Yoo Jung.

I think this is just speculation. I think many directors and screenwriters and producers liked her from previous performances and sent her offers, therefore more roles naturally landed on her. For example I can hear your voice writer wanted to work with her again and again and not because “sidus” gave her meatier roles. And there was an article, I forgot where, that someone in the goblin production team wanted sohyun as the queen because they enjoyed working with her in the past, maybe let’s fight ghost? Also radio romance, some production team people were from let’s fight ghost, and therefore she really wanted to work with them again. 

after I miss you, she did small roles in two other drama rooftop and girl who see smell due to having good working relationship with park Yoo chun. 

it’s due to sohyun hard work to display her versatility and her building personal connections with the cast and production teams that lead her being offered more roles. 

there is no evidence that sidus “decides” to give so Hyun the more “meatier roles” over yoojung. Directors, writers, producers, casting agents, investors do not send scripts to an agency, and let the agency decide who plays who. Obviously the agency can try to push and suggest for certain roles for certain actors and actresses but that’s it. It’s the director/writer/investor/etc that makes the final decision who is cast or not. 

5 hours ago, Palette45 said:

She said last year she wanted to film movies but six months later I still don't see any movie offers for her. I can't believe idol actress can get movies with reputable directors but Sohyun can't even get a single movie offer. Her management isn't doing enough.

And she also wanted to do a fresh campus drama this year as well :criesariver:

5 hours ago, miri said:

At the end of the day, it will be a career and financial suicide if your earnings does not compensate your expenses particularly if you run an agency at such a young age. 

That is also a true fact. I’m think she’s getting paid well for season 2 of love alarm due to its success. 

• Like 2

She shared only a picture and she is naver's main page.

And there are a lot of article about her ig post ,  an article about her ig post is number 20  at Naver.

Resim

cr:Ariyati2710 -twitter

Ent Story is her own agency. Ent Story's boss Park Chan Woo has been her manager since her childhood. He knows her very well. He knows what she wants. They have been working together  for many years. Don't blame the agency too hard.

I think doing nothing is Sohyun's choise . ı don't think she didin't get any offer . I believe she got . She maybe waiting for the right time .

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, Breeze said:

She shared only a picture and she is naver's main page.

The power and strength she holds although she is almost invisible in 2020. I’m pleasantly surprised that her ig followers keep growing at a good rate despite her not being active :issohappy:

3 hours ago, Breeze said:

think doing nothing is Sohyun's choise . ı don't think she didin't get any offer . I believe she got . She maybe waiting for the right time .

I hope so :/ 

• Love 1

THIS IS MY ULTIMATE DREAM PAIRING!!!

K-Celeb Fantasy Ships: Yeo JinGoo & Kim SoHyun

Jun 27, 2018   ·  Updated : Jan 17, 2019   ·  4,043 Views

Most of the time, fans form ships of the actor and actress acting together in a drama as they want more possible romance and interaction between them.

For long time K-Drama fans, you would definitely remember actor Yeo JinGoo and actress Kim SoHyun. Both of them began acting when they were kids and had grown up to be mature adults.

They gained recognition for their acting especially in MBC "The Moon That Embraces The Sun". The two of them acted in another drama in the same year called, "I Miss You" by MBC.

When Yeo JinWoo was being interviewed, he revealed that he decided to act in "I Miss You" partially because of Kim SoHyun. He felt that during "The Moon Which Embraces The Sun", he was unable to take care of her properly. As such, with such opportunity, he had decided to go with the role.

Since then, many fans have been talking about the adorable relationship and chemistry they have with each other.

Apart from the time when they acted on screen, there were moments which showed that the two of them were acting sweetly towards one another. In one of the behind the scene videos, Kim SoHyun was asked how Yeo JinGoo was like off-screen.

She shyly said that he was an interesting person and treated her nice too.

To find out even more, you can check out the video above here.

In another interview, Kim SoHyun confessed that while filming for "The Moon That Embraces The Sun", there was a time when she was jealous of fellow actress Kim YooJung because Yeo JinGoo was giving more attention to her instead.

K-Celeb Fantasy Ships: Yeo JinGoo & Kim SoHyun

MBC

Fans who had noticed that comment could not help but wondered if Kim SoHyun had a slight crush on him back then.

Recently in May 2018, Yeo JinGoo was asked about his ideal type. He confessed that he had not been in a relationship before and honestly wondered how the feeling is to be in one.

With that, he continued by saying that his ideal type is someone with a lot of aegyo, someone who can eat well and smile a lot.

Despite the fact that Kim SoHyun chose actor Yoo SeungHo as her ideal type previously in an 'Ideal Type World Cup' by MBC Section TV, fans still like the fantasy ship with Yeo JinGoo.

Even though they were not spotted in any recent drama or movies together, both Yeo JinGoo and Kim SoHyun are known for their close relationship. They had expressed their feelings in wanting to be able to act again together again through previous interviews too.

Hopefully in the future, fans would be able to see them act together once again in another drama or movie.

• Like 3
  • Love 1