✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

So heart-breaking and beautiful, when will we see sohyun and yjg have a happy ending? :(

http://www.sisaweek.com/news/curationView.html?idxno=140788

Eyes focused on Kim So-hyun's choice of'Sageuk Fairy'

Spoiler

52-C5-C59-F-357-B-4-D1-C-ADB1-634-AF5082

Sisa Week = Reporter Lee Min-ji,   actor Kim So-hyun, is returning to the CRT in February with KBS2TV's new Monday-Tuesday drama'River River'.Couldthe potential of'Sageuk Fairy' shine again?

``The Moon Rising River'' (director Sang-ho Yoon, playbook Ji-hoon Han) depicts the innocence of two youths: Pyeong-gang (Kim So-hyun), who was the only part of their lives, and On-dal (Ji Soo), a general who made love into history. It is a fusion historical drama romance. It is scheduled to be aired as a follow-up to'Amhaengeosa: Chosun Secret Investigation Division'.

In this work, So-Hyun Kim is expected to show a new look with her acting as she goes back and forth between the cold and cruel waters, Gajin Kom and the upright and intelligent Princess Pyeonggang.

Through the recently released teaser video of the'River River', Kim So-hyun is raising viewers' expectations by depicting both the gorgeous princess and the dark water. For a while, she appeared as a princess peace decorated with colorful ornaments, saying, "You have to fight when you can't escape" in a bloody battlefield. The charisma that defeats enemies without shaking catches the attention with an aspect not seen in the previous work.

34-AD3733-A45-A-4054-917-A-7884878211-CC
Kim So-Hyun, which expresses both Princess Pyeong-gang (above) and the appearance of a water-in-your-mouth, / KBS2TV'River River' teaser video capture

Kim So-hyun has been showing his true value through acting in historical dramas. Debuting in 2008 as KBS2TV's'Hometown of Legends-Baby Girl', he raised awareness by acting as a child of Yoon Bo-kyung (played by Minseo Kim) in MBC's'Moon Embracing the Sun' in 2012. In the same year, he appeared in the fusion historical drama SBS'The Crown Prince of Rooftop Room' and received attention by acting as a young Hwa-yong.

After the end of'Rooftop Room Prince', he expanded his acting spectrum by appearing in various works such as SBS'Suspicious Housekeeper', MBC'Tri Angle', OCN'Reset'. And Kim So-hyun, who wore the hanbok again through tvN'Goblin', which aired in 2016, caught the attention of viewers with deeper emotional acting. Playing as Sunny (played by Yoo In-na), Kim Sun, who was a former life, fully digested the tragic narrative of the character and made a short appearance, but left a strong impression.

84730977-3-BA4-489-D-AA0-F-EE3798338152.

Kim So-hyun, who revealed his true value through a historical drama 

Driven by momentum, Kim So-Hyun solves the triangle relationship between Yoo Seung-ho (president Lee Seon) and Kim Myung-soo (Cheonmin Lee Seon) in MBC's'Monarch-Master of the Mask' with a stable breath. It was well received by depicting Ongju as a teenager.

Kim So-hyun, who turned 20 in 2019, has grown into an adult actor through KBS2TV'Chosun Rocco-Nokdujeon'. Kim So-hyun, who was mainly in charge of the dark character in the historical drama, tried to transform her acting through'ChosunRocco-Nokdujeon', and captured the eye by drawing the character Dong Dong-ju with a bold and plump charm. 'Romance Chemie' with the opposite actor Jang Dong-yoon (the role of Jeon Nok-du) was also very much loved by viewers. 

Accordingly, Kim So-hyun won the Best Couple Award with Jang Dong-yoon at the '2020 KBS Drama Awards', as well as the Miniseries Women's Excellence Award.

Kim So-hyun chose'The Moon Rising River' as the next work of'Chosun Rocco-Nokdujeon'. It is noteworthy whether he will renew his life character with a historical drama.”

What a great short article that summarize sohyun career and called her Sageuk fairy. No lie there :love:

http://m.thebell.co.kr/m/newsview.asp?svccode=00&newskey=202101081009151800106434

“According to the Electronic Disclosure System of the Financial Supervisory Service on the 8th, KakaoM purchased a 40% stake held by Park Chan-woo, CEO of E&T Story Entertainment on the 7th. With this purchase, the share of KakaoM became 100%.”

So it looks like ET is now 100 percent owned by Kakao M. The old ceo sold all of his shares. Interesting, so that’s why he removed ET from his bio in Instagram. From my understanding of the article, sohyun still owns some shares of Kakao M with the agreement she made with them in the past. I wonder why ceo decide to sell his shares of ET? Anyways, I hope we hear news of her new agency soon, hopefully they will take good care of her :) 

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

Why do I feel like So Hyun will still be under E&T manned by new management? I am confuse now if she will remain under E&T because the people who made her suffered are already out, or she will change new agency for new opportunities. Please updates us on this So Hyunnie! 

• Confused 2

On 1/11/2021 at 8:06 AM, Erick Miranda said:

Why do I feel like So Hyun will still be under E&T manned by new management? I am confuse now if she will remain under E&T because the people who made her suffered are already out, or she will change new agency for new opportunities. Please updates us on this So Hyunnie! 

I don’t think so because why would her manager recently stop following ET on Instagram? And recently she has been following new stylists/photographer people.  

I hope for updates soon too :( 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, elan1 said:

I don’t think so because why would her manager recently stop following ET on Instagram? And recently she has been following new stylists/photographer people.  

I hope for updates soon too :( 

Good to here that. I really hope her talks with Culture Depot progresses because her chances of landing on projects of big name PDs and writers are very high. 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Most Talked About Korean Dramas of 2019

5eac78b5910caae73281090f7f136008?s=20&d=mm&r=g InternJang   December 21, 2019

A drama’s popularity among the local viewers can be measured quantitatively not just by TV ratings, but also by buzz scores—which gauge the popularity of shows based on the number of times they are mentioned or discussed on blogs, forums, social media, and other online platforms. If TV ratings come from Nielsen, buzz ratings come from Good Data Corporation which releases the top 10 list of the most buzzworthy Korean dramas every week. A 10 percent buzz score for drama X means that for every 100 online drama mentions/discussions monitored by Good Data Corporation, 10 are about drama X.

Our ranking is based on index scores derived from the sum of the average and peak buzz ratings of each drama. 2019 saw the broadcast of 104 prime-time Korean dramas, 92 of which premiered within the year (the rest started in 2018 and ended in early 2019). The ranking considers only the data for the year 2019, e.g. The Last Empress was included in the ranking but its buzz data from November and December 2018 were excluded from determining its average and peak buzz ratings. Contact us to know more about our methodology.

Note: Buzz and TV ratings are NOT always directly related. Some dramas with low TV ratings get high buzz scores (e.g. Extraordinary You). The opposite is also sometimes true (e.g. Mother Of Mine). However, seven of the 10 most talked about Korean dramas of 2019 obtained high buzz and TV ratings.

10. The Tale Of Nokdu (KBS2) — 11.94% Average / 20.77% Peak

Most Talked About Korean Dramas Of 2019 - The Tale Of Nokdu

The Tale Of Nokdu has easily become one of the most favorite Korean dramas of the year, with many viewers considering it as the best sageuk of 2019. Based on the webtoon “Nokdujeon” by Hye Jin-yang, the series revolves around a young man (Jang Dong-yoon) who disguises himself as a woman to enter a widows’ village and investigate a previous attack on his family. He’s pretty convincing in his act but a reluctant gisaeng trainee (Kim So-hyun) discovers his secret early on. The drama remained consistently good throughout its run, which is capped off by a very satisfying finale. (Peak ranking: overall 2nd most talked about Korean drama in November).

https://www.kdramapal.com/most-talked-about-korean-dramas-2019/

WOW. I never though that TTON had a very big buzz during its airing. It is a feat to be in the Top 10 most talked about dramas of 2019 out of 104 prime-time dramas aire during that year. KBS is so lucky to have KSH. She makes people talk about her works.

10 Most Talked About Korean Dramas in November 2019

2. The Tale Of Nokdu (KBS2) — 13.96%

The Tale Of Nokdu Korean drama starring Jang Dong-yoon and Kim So-hyun

The second most talked about Korean drama in November is the Jang Dong-yoon and Kim So-hyun led historical romantic comedy. Being described by many as the best sageuk of 2019, The Tale of Nokdu revolves around a young man, played by Jang Dong-yoon, who seeks to unravel the truth about his past after his family is attacked by assassins. On his quest, he has to pretend to be a woman and live in a village exclusive to widows. There, he meets Kim So-hyun’s character, who is reluctantly training to be a gisaeng. There’s nothing about this drama that hasn’t been praised—from Jang Dong-yoon’s acting to the chemistry between him and Kim So-hyun and the performances of the supporting cast, especially Kang Tae-oh, who plays the unpredictable rival of Jang’s character. The ending, while unusual for a sageuk, kept the viewers riveted and asking for more. (Peak position: no. 1 in the fourth week)

1. When The Camellia Blooms (KBS2) — 18.21%

When The Camellia Blooms Korean drama starring Gong Hyo-jin and Kang Ha-neul

Holding the title as the most talked about Korean drama in November is When The Camellia Blooms, which also topped the list in October. Featuring Gong Hyo-jin and Kang Ha-neul’s love story that is set in a small coastal town, the series has not only managed to dominate the buzzworthy ranking, but it also became the most-watched drama in the second half of 2019. It’s not surprising that a show with such a simple story has won so many hearts because Camellia had so many things going for it—from Gong Hyo-jin’s impeccable performance as a single mom to Kang Ha-neul’s adorable portrayal of a country bumpkin. From heartwarming moments to romance, comedy, and thrill, the show had a good balance of everything. Its final episode revealed the town’s serial killer and tackled the mystery behind whether our leads ended up together, recording 23.8% in TV ratings. If you’re still hesitating to watch the drama, our review should help you decide. (Peak position: no. 1 the first three weeks).

The power KSH and KHN hold. Buzz scores will definitely explode if KHN chose to be the male lead of So Hyun in RWTMR.

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

On 1/11/2021 at 9:14 AM, Erick Miranda said:

Good to here that. I really hope her talks with Culture Depot progresses because her chances of landing on projects of big name PDs and writers are very high. 

Yup yup, her current manager stopped following ET :) I hope so, she deserves the best material and the best team out there. I also hope in her career she is able to find new and undiscovered writers and directors  that have great potential to be big one day as well because all of the famous ones were all once rookies :lol:

there is also the possibility that sohyun made a side deal with Kakao M that she will allow them to use her image when they promote ET.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:31 AM, Erick Miranda said:

WOW. I never though that TTON had a very big buzz during its airing. It is a feat to be in the Top 10 most talked about dramas of 2019 out of 104 prime-time dramas aire during that year. KBS is so lucky to have KSH. She makes people talk about her works.

No surprises there :) well deserved! Her influence is remarkable and her fan base is growing rapidly hence her IG following growing at the speed of light.

On 1/11/2021 at 10:31 AM, Erick Miranda said:

The power KSH and KHN hold. Buzz scores will definitely explode if KHN chose to be the male lead of So Hyun in RWTMR.

That’s true! Even without KHN, we will surely get plenty of buzz due to talented sohyun :) 

On 1/11/2021 at 3:53 PM, Breeze said:

Sohyun is gaining followers so fast . 15.000 followers in day.

Yesterday : 9.65

Today       :  9.80

wow the power she holds and everyone is getting excited for moon river :love: so sometime this week we will see her hit 10M :blush:

Sohyun is the 8th most followed actress but if we look at pure actress where they did acting only and did not have singing career, she will be number four :heart:

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

When are we getting a news of her new agency? I hope we get it soon so that she can get exciting offer.:fullofhearts:

Btw, how many teasers do they generally release before releasing the 5 min trailer? I hope we get new teaser this week as well.:)

• Insightful 2

2 hours ago, kimjojo said:

When are we getting a news of her new agency? I hope we get it soon so that she can get exciting offer.

Btw, how many teasers do they generally release before releasing the 5 min trailer? I hope we get new teaser this week as well.:)

Hoping for news of new agency. Maybe we need to have a prayer circle again like what we did for Moon River drama (LOL). 

Culture Depot contract is an exclusive contract. I wonder if they pushes for another stage of negotiations. Based on news, these has been on discussion for months now. I wonder if CD is the really the new agency because they will not release news about the offering if the negotiation did not do well. 

• Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, kimjojo said:

When are we getting a news of her new agency? I hope we get it soon so that she can get exciting offer.

Ikr, we have been waiting forever :( It’s no guarantee that a new agency will treat her well but I just hope she is in a better place  and that she is living happily while working :blush:

I don’t know but I hope for another teaser as well lol tales of nokdu had like three or four teasers? From what I see, most dramas have like two to three teasers 

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

10 millions  coming soon 

She deserves all and more followers! I think it might be possible for her to reach at least 10.2M before moon river airs at the rate this is going? :P

1 hour ago, Erick Miranda said:

Hoping for news of new agency. Maybe we need to have a prayer circle again like what we did for Moon River drama (LOL). 

Culture Depot contract is an exclusive contract. I wonder if they pushes for another stage of negotiations. Based on news, these has been on discussion for months now. I wonder if CD is the really the new agency because they will not release news about the offering if the negotiation did not do well. 

LOL yes prayer circle commence!!!! we got a decent role after our prayer circle :joy:

it might be a good idea that negotiations is taking their time so that sohyun can get the best benefits instead of being hasty and signing up too fast if that’s the reason for the hold-up or maybe she is already signed up and they are just waiting for the right time to release the news so that it could be good promo for her :D

@Erick Miranda I’m not sure but I believe that we are not suppose to quote moving gif in our post, different mods have different rules so it’s probably best to remove it lol 

what terrible news, only 6 episodes? They literally filmed for over 4 plus months just for a measly 6 episodes? The episodes better be 1.5 hour each then because that’s ridiculous :ph34r:

idk if we are reading too much into this but looking at the order of the name song kang is before jung garam so maybe jojo will choose song kang but at the same time maybe she won’t pick anyone and it will be a cliffhanger again lol 

the great progression, from playing with a sword where she cut down a pole, to actually cutting people :joy:

• Blob 2