✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

13 hours ago, elan1 said:

After an unexpected family tragedy, a reclusive high school student is forced to leave his home -- only to face something much scarier: a reality where monsters are trying to wipe out humanity. Now he must fight alongside a handful of reluctant heroes to try and save the world before it’s too late.”

—it’s a dark but action filled horror/thriller story 

Ok good plot. One day Sohyun will maybe have action thriller drama. Now only romance.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kimjojo said:

Off topic but what are you guys doing these days in quarantine?

I read Taesso ( Kim Sohyun -BTS Kim Taehyung )stories from wattpad :) I don't know why but ı really ship them :phew:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Breeze said:

I read Taesso ( Kim Sohyun -BTS Kim Taehyung )stories from wattpad :) I don't know why but ı really ship them :phew:

I used to read shyshy fanfics but that writer suddenly stopped writing. I also read most of the taeso stories but not anymore. I realized after reading lots of fanfics I actually end up shipping sohyuna with taehyung as well. I actually ship sohyun with lots of her male co-star. I go back and forth with the shio though. Like when I watched love alarm I shipped her with song kang then after watching tale of nokdu I endes up shipping her with jang dong yoon and now I think she is the most comfortable with jdy. I have never seem her so carefree and flirty wirh any of her co-star. Sorry for my long rant.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kimjojo said:

I used to read shyshy fanfics but that writer suddenly stopped writing. I also read most of the taeso stories but not anymore. I realized after reading lots of fanfics I actually end up shipping sohyuna with taehyung as well. I actually ship sohyun with lots of her male co-star. I go back and forth with the shio though. Like when I watched love alarm I shipped her with song kang then after watching tale of nokdu I endes up shipping her with jang dong yoon and now I think she is the most comfortable with jdy. I have never seem her so carefree and flirty wirh any of her co-star. Sorry for my long rant.

I am also like you. I ship her with her every co star. But Taesso is different for me . I also love shyshy fanfics :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kimjojo said:

Off topic but what are you guys doing these days in quarantine?

Watching kdramas, reading online novels, trying out new recipes to cook for fun, and exercising haha 

• Like 1

United States TV audience demand for Love Alarm

TV ratings for Love Alarm in the United States. Netflix TV series

Love Alarm

Original TV Network:
Netflix
Genre:
Drama, Romantic Drama
Release type:
Digital Original
IMDB Rating:

A youth romance about a fantasy phone app that notifies you if someone within a ten-meter radius likes you.

How well is this TV series doing in the United States? information.svg

Last 30 days
0.3xDifference from market averageAVERAGE
Parrot Analytics has found that the audience demand for Love Alarm is 0.3 times the demand of the average TV series in the United States in the last 30 days. 64.1% of all shows in this market have this level of demand.
Title position in demand distribution
Outstanding demand distribution

How fast is demand for Love Alarm growing? information.svg

Last 30 days
-62.1%Change in demand
On a rolling 30-day average basis, we compare TV demand in the United States for Love Alarm to the preceding 30 days: Demand has decreased by -62.1%

How is this TV show trending in the United States? information.svg

Last 60 days

The following chart shows a 60-day trend of weekly demand for Love Alarm compared to the weekly demand of all Romantic Drama titles in the United States.

Weekly demand trend for title vs. Romantic Drama averageLove AlarmRomantic Drama23. Mar30. Mar6. Apr13. Apr20. Apr27. Apr4. May11. May18. …

Drama performance

Last 30 days
71.8%Percentile rank
Love Alarm ranks at the 71.8th percentile in the Drama genre. This means Love Alarm has higher demand than 71.8% of all Drama titles in the United States
Title position in Drama

Powering the content industry

Just now, Erick Miranda said:

United States TV audience demand for Love Alarm

TV ratings for Love Alarm in the United States. Netflix TV series

Love Alarm

Original TV Network:
Netflix
Genre:
Drama, Romantic Drama
Release type:
Digital Original
IMDB Rating:

A youth romance about a fantasy phone app that notifies you if someone within a ten-meter radius likes you.

How well is this TV series doing in the United States? information.svg

Last 30 days
0.3xDifference from market averageAVERAGE
Parrot Analytics has found that the audience demand for Love Alarm is 0.3 times the demand of the average TV series in the United States in the last 30 days. 64.1% of all shows in this market have this level of demand.
Title position in demand distribution
Outstanding demand distribution

How fast is demand for Love Alarm growing? information.svg

Last 30 days
-62.1%Change in demand
On a rolling 30-day average basis, we compare TV demand in the United States for Love Alarm to the preceding 30 days: Demand has decreased by -62.1%

How is this TV show trending in the United States? information.svg

Last 60 days

The following chart shows a 60-day trend of weekly demand for Love Alarm compared to the weekly demand of all Romantic Drama titles in the United States.

Weekly demand trend for title vs. Romantic Drama averageLove AlarmRomantic Drama23. Mar30. Mar6. Apr13. Apr20. Apr27. Apr4. May11. May18. …

Drama performance

Last 30 days
71.8%Percentile rank
Love Alarm ranks at the 71.8th percentile in the Drama genre. This means Love Alarm has higher demand than 71.8% of all Drama titles in the United States
Title position in Drama

Powering the content industry

Never thought that LA had a warm demand in the States. Lol!

• Like 2

8 Korean dramas to tune into during COVID-19 isolation

From romance and drama to fantasy, here are shows to binge watch

Published:  March 29, 2020 12:34Samar Khouri, Special to tabloid!

tabloid!

Crash Landing On You 8-1585470834075Image Credit:

There’s more to South Korea’s entertainment industry than the country’s global phenomenon, K-Pop.

K-Dramas, short for Korean dramas, have been booming since the early 2000s. If you’re looking to find a series to get lost in while social distancing, here’s a list to choose from:

Itaewon Class 6-1585470838615

1. Itaewon Class

Based on the webtoon of the same name, ‘Itaewon Class’, has become immensely popular since its premiere. Its high viewership ratings in Korea made it the second highest-rated drama in cable channel JTBC’s history, after drama ‘Sky Castle’, according to Nielsen Korea.

The 16-episode series revolves around a young man (played by Park Seo-jun) who is determined to bring down the owner of restaurant franchise giant, Jang Ga Group, and his son — both of whom are connected to his father’s death. He opens his own restaurant, DanBam, in the vibrant Itaewon neighbourhood and strives for success in the unjust world with his team.

Not only does it feature Kwon Nara, a former member of K-Pop group Hellovenus, but BTS singer V has lent his voice to the self-composed song ‘Sweet Night’ for the drama.

Crash Landing On You 7-1585470832532

2. Crash Landing On You

Starring prominent actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, the hit 16-episode romance drama is still one of the most-watched Korean series on Netflix in the UAE at the time of writing.

Part of its success is reportedly credited to its realistic and well-researched portrayal of North Korea. The finale of ‘Crash Landing On You’ recorded the highest viewership rate for a tvN drama, making it the cable channel’s highest rated drama to date, according to Nielsen Korea.

DREAM HIGHImage Credit:

3. Dream High

‘Dream High’ enjoyed popularity in Korea and across Asia — even garnering pre-release attention — for its idol-focused cast: miss A’s former member Bae Suzy, T-ara’s Ham Eun-jung, IU and 2PM’s Wooyoung and Taecyeon. Actor Kim Soo-hyun is the only main lead who is not a K-Pop idol in real life.

The hit 2011 musical drama tells the story of six students who work to achieve their dreams of becoming K-Pop stars at a prestigious performing arts high school. It’s a heartfelt, feel-good series, so grab some popcorn and fangirl/fanboy away.

Love Rain-1585470850252

4. Love Rain

Girls’ Generation member YoonA is a prolific actor in the Korean entertainment industry, having secured top roles in various dramas. ‘Love Rain’ tells the story of a couple’s love, loss and unexpected reunion set in two different periods, in the 1970s and 2012.

The award-winning star received praise for her natural acting in the 2012 romantic drama, which won her the Netizen Award at the 2012 KBS Drama Awards in Korea.

SKY Castle 2-1585470860274

5. Sky Castle

Set in the fictional upper-class residential community, the television series tells the story of four housewives who go to great lengths for their children’s success. The black comedy is centred around parenthood and the country’s competitive educational system. It features a star-studded cast, including Chani from K-Pop boy group SF9.

‘Sky Castle’ holds the record for the highest viewership for a drama not only for JTBC but for any Korean cable network.

Love Alarm 3-1585470846502

6. Love Alarm

‘Love Alarm’ is centred in an alternate reality where an application by an unknown developer alerts people if someone within a 10-meter radius has romantic feelings for them.

It stars popular Korean actress Kim So-hyun, who plays a young and hardworking student caught up in a love triangle while dealing with her own personal adversities. In addition to young love, it covers other themes such a data protection and privacy in a social media-driven society.

Due to the drama’s popularity, Netflix’s first Korean original series based on a webtoon of the same name by Kye Young-chon has been picked up for another season.

GOBLINImage Credit:

7. Guardian: The Lonely and Great God

There are many reasons to watch ‘Guardian: The Lonely and Great God’, from Gong Yoo’s charismatic looks, Kim Go-eun’s admirable acting to the series’ storyline, production and performances as well as its star-studded supporting roles that includes BTOB member Yook Sung-jae.

The award-winning romantic-fantasy drama was written by Kim Eun-sook, a big-name screenwriter behind the success of hits series ‘The Heirs’ (2013), ‘Secret Garden’ (2010) and ‘Descendants of the Sun’ (2016).

MOMENT OF EIGHTEENImage Credit:

8. Moment of Eighteen

The 2019 coming-of-age drama is about an 18-year-old high school student, played by K-Pop star Ong Seong-wu, who comes out of his shell as he faces new ordeals and first love in his new school.

‘Moment of Eighteen’ is a love story that explores young romance, the struggles teenagers face and everyday dilemmas of school. Alongside Astro’s Moonbin, it’s the former Wanna One member’s first lead role and acting debut in a series. Prepare to be swooned by his charms and his impressive acting skills.

• Like 2

Lockdown or quarantine? Top Korean dramas to the rescue

Hundreds of others available on a number of different streaming sites just waiting to be discovered

Screen-Shot-2020-03-23-at-5.30.10-PM.png Source: Screenshot from Facebook / Crash Landing On you 사랑의 불시착 - Korean Drama

AUTHOR

Nicole

DATE

March 24, 2020

You may not have watched Korean dramas but if you happen to be on lockdown or quarantine like many people in the world, now’s your chance to jump on the bandwagon and finally understand why people are so hooked on them.

These days, many people find that their days and nights are filled with work-at-home schedules and the usual everyday mundane tasks amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, but at least viewers can rely on their trusty streaming sites to get through them.

Regardless of whether you’re a K-drama newbie or you’ve been watching them for quite some time, there are certain series that are just worth mentioning. Thankfully, streaming sites like Netflix, Amazon Prime and Viu are ready to provide you with all the K-drama you need.

Here’s a list of top Korean dramas everyone is streaming right now.

Crash Landing On You
Screen-Shot-2020-03-23-at-4.29.56-PM-210 Source: Screenshot from Facebook / Crash Landing On You 사랑의 불시착 – Korean Drama

This popular series is much like Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, with the main characters coming from two different backgrounds. The story revolves around a rich heiress from South Korea whose paraglider gets caught in a tornado and who ends up  crashing in North Korea. She meets and falls in love with a North Korean captain in the elite forces who keeps her safe while trying to figure out how to get her home. These star-crossed lovers have to navigate pushy family members and evil state security officers, all the while hoping that their love for each other can endure amidst all the crazy plot twists and, well, the obvious impossibilities that make Korean dramas so much fun to watch.

Kingdom Season 2

Screen-Shot-2020-03-23-at-4.27.20-PM-300 Source: Screenshot from Instagram / Kingdom.netflix

This zombie-riddled period piece has been one of the more surprising hits since the first season premiered in January last year. Kingdom was the first original Korean drama to be produced by Netflix, with production costs reaching over US$1 million (S$1.4 million) per episode. The show, which was based on the webcomic series The Kingdom of Gods, follows the story of the Joseon Dynasty which is in peril as the kingdom is being taken over by a mysterious plague that brings people back from the dead. Fans were not only enthralled by this amazing horror/thriller that’s so well-done, they were also incredibly ecstatic knowing that Netflix decided to continue the series, which released the second season just this month.

Hotel Del Luna 

Screen-Shot-2020-03-23-at-4.31.49-PM-300 Source: Screenshot from Facebook / Hotel De Luna – 2019 Korean Drama

Hotel Del Luna is all about a man who recently graduated from the Ivy League Harvard Business School with an MBA. He takes a job at a hotel chain as the youngest assistant manager to be given his position. But what seems like promising employment turns out to be incredibly strange mostly because the hotel services the paranormal, meaning ghosts, spirits and the like. The award-winning show was even ranked as the 10th highest Korean series with 13 episodes all in all and, despite the pressing theme, there’s nothing scary about it.

Love Alarm 

Screen-Shot-2020-03-23-at-4.52.59-PM-300 Source: Screenshot from Facebook / Love Alarm

Love Alarm was an international hit that shows the way relationships have changed in the age of technology. The show basically revolves around three main characters that are coming of age during the release of the “love app”. Those who download it on their phones will soon discover if someone in a 10-m radius has romantic feelings towards them. While the app is supposed to help people find love, it also causes as many problems as it solves. The show has also been renewed for a second season. Fans are ecstatic but anxious while they wait for news on the actual release date.

Dr Romantic 2

Screen-Shot-2020-03-23-at-5.10.22-PM-300 Screenshot from Facebook / Romantic Doctor S2 [Romantic Doctor Kim S2, 2020] Dr Romantic is back after a three-year hiatus, and the show’s devoted followers are thrilled to know that their favourite K-drama is back for a second season. Although the name suggests that the series is about love, the actual premise is about a highly acclaimed surgeon who decides to leave his prestigious position at a top hospital in Seoul following a tragic event, in order to work at a much smaller hospital in another province. Considering that many loved season one of this medical drama, season two could not have come at a better time.

Although these aren’t the only choices viewers have when it comes to Korean dramas, they are some of the highest-rated ones. But there are hundreds of others that are available on a number of different streaming sites just waiting to be discovered. If you’ve never watched a single series, then decide whether zombies, star-crossed lovers or doctors are interesting to you and start from there. But no matter which one you choose, you’re bound to finally understand what the K-drama fuss is all about. /TISG

• Like 2