✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

19 hours ago, aineofcebu said:

This is definitely my fave ep from her  LA trip last year. This is heart warming as a fan to watch that she has a great dream as an actress

Lets make sure to aim high Sohyunie, and do our best at all times but still enjoy every moment :heart:

Love this episode too! I also love that one episode where she bought a burger and accidentally spilled the drink on her sleeves :D she was super adorable.

I really hope she becomes more open with herself to the public. I've noticed she stopped posting on twitter and her Instagram is now full of promotional posts that her fan accounts start to look more realistic than hers haha

• Like 2

22 hours ago, superman26 said:

Woah! Really?? den the hair extension do looks good on her, it looks almost natural. i tot it look too fake but wow! i was swooning for KSH wen they were interviewing Love Alarm. The cast is so cute together. Somestimes i feel that she prefer the 2 guys end up together. Hahaha.:lol:

I also think her hair extension during Love Alarm promotion is good (if I didn't know she cut it I would have believed it's her natural hair). The earliest that they can film is Feb/Mar and 4-5 months are definitely not enough to bring back her hair length from S1. Hopefully it grows shoulder length so shorter extension will be required.

And it might be an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't mind if Sohyun attends university first even if it means delaying Love Alarm filming. (she's already on leave for 3 semesters if my calculations are right) I just love the idea of her experiencing what it feels like to become a normal person. Now that she and Jung Ga Ram became a bit closer, maybe it'll be easier for her to attend classes? She's shy to strangers so it would be a good idea to have somebody she knows on school :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChunSungIm said:

theres many her drama playing on netflix right now

- Radio Romance

- Love Alarm S1 & 2

- Bring It on Ghost

- The Owner of the mask

- Moon embracing the sun

School 2015 and Nightmare High too :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ChunSungIm said:

theres many her drama playing on netflix right now

- Radio Romance

- Love Alarm S1 & 2

- Bring It on Ghost

- The Owner of the mask

- Moon embracing the sun

15 minutes ago, Mongsuk said:

School 2015 and Nightmare High too :)

At least I know what to do after tale of nokdu ends. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kimjojo said:

And two of her dramas are getting a thai remake.

If her dramas are getting remade won't that mean she is extremely popular? Old school hallyu used to be like that. I didn't know they were remaking recent dramas anymore. Similar to boys over flowers or rather the original hana yori dango being remade everywhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petunia said:

If her dramas are getting remade won't that mean she is extremely popular? Old school hallyu used to be like that. I didn't know they were remaking recent dramas anymore. Similar to boys over flowers or rather the original hana yori dango being remade everywhere. 

I became a Sohyun fan right after the airing of School 2015's last episode so I didn't get to see it's increasing popularity during broadcast. But what I remembered was that its KBS youtube videos are getting million views and the Yibi vs Taebi battle was so intense among the viewers. The drama also trends in other countries twitter. Sohyun had been on the top list of hot actresses in China. When she went to Taiwan, the fans flocked her in the airport and based on Taiwan fanclub, everybody in Taiwan just recognizes her that she had to put disguise just to roam around the country. School 2015 OST also was Top 4 on the top musics in Taiwan. School 2015 was extremely popular. It was the drama that made her known in and out of Korea.

On the other hand, Let's Fight Ghost boosted her popularity (mostly among guys lol). She was invited by VIU to do a fanmeet in Singapore (venue was in a mall). Fans flocked Changi airport upon her arrival. The 6 floor mall venue where she went was also full of fans. Most of the dedicated fans that you see now came from Let's Fight Ghost fever. My brother who doesnt even watch kdrama watched LFG. So yeah, both dramas were extremely popular.

2015-2016 was the best time for Sohyun fans. I remember how happy I was with the amount of news and updates about her. She really lie low after she entered univ last Feb 2018

Sorry for the long post XD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hello. I've been a fan of So Hyun since 2013. So i must say that school 2015 really did boost her popularity and might even be her most popular role till now. Thanks to School 2015 she gained many more fans, CFs and lead roles. I just hope she gets another role like that, something more female lead centered since we all know she has a lot of potential thats just being wasted by the writers sadly.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

To me her popularity boost comes from love alarm also. I'm noticing her a lot more now than I did before. It could be because I wasn't following her before so I wasn't much paying attention to news related to her.  I can't say anything about her CFs because I have no clue about them but I'm sure she gained many new fans like me. It is a surprise that at her age she already has dramas that are being remade in other countries. Definitely something to be proud of. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/1/2019 at 6:25 PM, Mongsuk said:

I also think her hair extension during Love Alarm promotion is good (if I didn't know she cut it I would have believed it's her natural hair). The earliest that they can film is Feb/Mar and 4-5 months are definitely not enough to bring back her hair length from S1. Hopefully it grows shoulder length so shorter extension will be required.

And it might be an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't mind if Sohyun attends university first even if it means delaying Love Alarm filming. (she's already on leave for 3 semesters if my calculations are right) I just love the idea of her experiencing what it feels like to become a normal person. Now that she and Jung Ga Ram became a bit closer, maybe it'll be easier for her to attend classes? She's shy to strangers so it would be a good idea to have somebody she knows on school :)

i tink i wont mind either, school comes first, then she be able focus with her acting later one. Love Alarm is quality drama, thou it does revolves around love but the girl doesnt have to be damsel in distress. Hope Sohyun will keep going in this direction. Lookin for the quality of drama that she gonna be in.

Same! I wont know if u didnt tell me that it was an extension, it was so natural. I thought she have not cut it yet since Love Alarm production is much earlier than Tale of Nokdu~~ heheheh~

• Like 1

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Continue With Plans Despite Danger From Kang Tae Oh In “The Tale Of Nokdu”

KBS has released tension-filled stills of Jang Dong Yoon, Kim So Hyun, and Kang Tae Oh for the upcoming episode of “The Tale of Nokdu”!

Spoiler Begins

Last week’s episode featured an unexpected reunion of Nokdu (Jang Dong Yoon) and Dong Joo (Kim So Hyun). The reunion made many viewers’ hearts flutter and ache at the same time as Dong Joo was forced to act cold and indifferent towards Nokdu despite her true feelings, but Nokdu bravely confessed his feelings for her. In addition, the episode heightened the tension of the drama even more when Nokdu and Dong Joo finally met King Gwanghae (Jung Joon Ho). This meeting made things complicated as it is later revealed that Nokdu is the son of King Gwanghae, while Dong Joo is on her quest for revenge against the King. The two are now put in even more danger as Yul Moo (Kang Tae Oh), who is after the throne, also found out the secret about Nokdu and his father.

Spoiler Ends

In newly released stills, Nokdu and Dong Joo are spotted having a conversation, but Dong Joo still seems to be avoiding Nokdu.

Kim-So-Hyun-Jang-Dong-Yoon.jpg

Kim-So-Hyun.jpg

Other stills show Nokdu and Dong Joo facing Yul Moo. Nokdu holds Dong Joo’s hands as if he is trying to protect her from Yul Moo, who has a big smirk on his face. Viewers are curious to find out what will happen to the three now that the big secret about Nokdu’s upbringing is out.

The-Tale-of-Nokdu.jpg

The production team stated, “An unpredictable story will unfold as Nokdu, who figured out that King Gwanghae is his biological father, successfully enters the palace. The second half of the drama, which has reached a turning point, will showcase a change in the relationship between Nokdu and Dong Joo due to the unavoidable attraction that pulls them towards each other. Please look forward to seeing their romance that will blossom in midst of crisis.”

Episodes 19 and 20 of “The Tale of Nokdu” will air on November 4 at 10:00 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1363409wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-kim-so-hyun-continue-with-plans-despite-danger-from-kang-tae-oh-in-the-tale-of-nokdu

• Like 3

rant ahead lol

Spoiler

really sad with how they develop sohyun's character in this drama. I feel like she's been tricked again into choosing a mediocre and useless character. she's good with archery but they only showed her practicing and killing 2 bandits. they said she is good at making stuff but like... okay, the scenes are not even that impressive. like uggghh, do something.

Writer to sso:

giphy.gif

now it seems like she's going to be tossed around just to add drama and move the plot. dont the writers get tired of the same old cliche. im sick of her trying pushing nokdu away. the writers are wasting GOOD CHEMISTRY. This is ruler all over again, but thank god she seems happier filming here. 

giphy.gifInsert image from URL

the new still is pissing me off too. I HOPEE she does not go with YM but im 99.8% sure she will pull the noble idiocy trope. pls prove me wrong dear writer

giphy.gif

PRAYING THAT SHE WILL BE MORE USEFULL IN THE REMAINING EPISODESSS

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I think her character is developed well in tales of nokdu but I would love to see more! I think what I like the most about her character is that she has her own personal mission that she’s goes on instead of just clinging onto the male lead. I think the push and pull between dong joo and nokdu is done well and her reasoning behind pushing back his romantic advances is logical. The more he falls in love with her and depend on her, the more hurt and pain he will feel if she dies during her mission. 

but definitely I would love to see her fight more and build more things with her hands. And we have to remembered that even though she’s the female lead, it’s a male centered story. 

this show is heaps and heaps better than ruler because her character at least have a direction and a purpose. In ruler she was more of a pretty vase that wasn’t integral to the story. Also she isn’t simply a damsel in distress, both leads take turns rescuing and helping each other. It’s a balanced relationship. 

let’s keep been positive and I’m excited for the upcoming love scenes :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 3