✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

Joseon gender-swap drama Tale of Nokdu releases new teaser

Stills of Kim So-hyun’s character has also been released. She is supposed to be a refreshing character who says what’s on her mind and can’t stand to see injustice happen. Despite the gisaeng career path having been chosen for her, she is a tone-deaf, arrhythmic young woman who can’t dance. But she’s amazing with her hands and can make anything in a heartbeat, given the right tools. She’s even given the nickname “Golden Hands” in the widow village.

Full article DramaBeans

• Like 4

Kim So Hyun “My mature image was burdensome but I have put it down” http://naver.me/x5K83cYi  So Hyun was known for being mature beyond her age, but who followed her closely would have known that she is actually a bright and cheerful young girl

Main points of the interview: (1) -So Hyun feels honored and happy when heard that the Love Alarm webtoon writer thought of her first to do the live action of Kim Jojo -She is a fan of Chon Kye Young writer and #LoveAlarm webtoon

-she felt like filming a movie with #LoveAlarm because she couldn’t see the reactions while filming and all episodes were released at once. She had a lot of worries while filming but also relieved that she couldn’t receive the feedback in real time

She couldn’t watch #LoveAlarm on the day it was released but binge-watched on the weekend then watched several times more. She also looked for reactions via her SNS, her direct messages and other communities. She especially liked the compliment that she expressed Jojo well

So Hyun knows the fans are divided into #TeamSunOh and #TeamHyeYoung and she couldn’t guess which direction the ss2 would go if being produced, but she’d like to have more Hye-Yeong scenes like in the webtoon. And of course Kim So Hyun in real life chooses #teamHyeYeong

So Hyun said she the mature image was a burden for her but she let it go now. She enjoyed wearing the school uniform and think that she should wear it a lot while she can. She will also approach the mature image slowly through her works so it won’t be awkward

So Hyun said she tends to work nonstop and the responses are divided. She still doesn’t know if it’s right or wrong to do that because there is no answer. But Kim So Hyun, as a person, want to live healthy and happily while continue to do good works

crLily_CFC twitter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

IU at the Hotel Del Luna has the beauty to win the "spring goddess" Kim So Hyun?

Korea is always famous for its unique films with imaginative elements, sensual excitement and curiosity for the audience in each episode. In addition, the demonic design in Korean films is also a magnet for the public. Even though the soul of one hundred years of sin can not escape or live, the public is "taken to heart" by the "non-middle" beauty of evil women in Korean films.

3rd Female Spirit Kim Hyun Ji (Kim So Hyun) in Let's Fight, Ghost! (War of the Spirit)

In the role of the haunting soul of the school Hyun Ji, Kim So Hyun still "mesmerizes" the audience because of his beautiful, pure beauty. To find the memory before he turned into a ghost, Hyun Ji always stayed close to high school until he met "Ghost Catcher" Bong Pal (Ok Taecyeon).

Witch Hyun Ji is innocent, funny and somehow … dynamic. Although she was just a soul, she still had moments of vibration and emotions that were different from normal girls. After a period of bonding, she was "shaken" by Bong Pal.

• Like 2

Netflix Original Series Love Alarm has been out since Aug. 22, which means we’ve all officially been sulking over that cliffhanger ending for about a week now. 

While a season two has yet to be confirmed, the original webtoon that the series was adapted from tells us that there’s still a lot in store for Jojo (Kim So-hyun), Sun-oh (Song Kang), and Hye-young (Jung Ga-ram) through their adult years. All we know so far is that season one only covers episodes one to 10 of the webtoon, which means that the next events will likely take place after then. 

So what do we do while waiting? For now, there’s always the option to spoil yourself by learning Korean and reading seasons one to seven on Daum (yup, no English translations are available). 

Or you know, you can tide yourselves over with some cute insider scoops from stars Kim So-hyun, Song Kang, and Jung Ga-ram, straight from their press conference in Seoul last Aug. 20. Who knows? Maybe their answers will clue us in on what to expect for season two. 

j-19229_RGB_20190718.jpg
Ring ring: Love Alarm stars Kim So-hyun, Jung Ga-ram, and Song Kang

On explaining the love alarm app to international fans 

Kim So-hyun: In our Korean culture, confessing your love to someone and having that love reciprocated is very important because once that is done you can move on to your actual relationship. I feel that maybe the viewers from other cultures may understand this application as something that can help people become lovers or get into a relationship with the help of these applications because confessing your love can be very difficult. It can be very difficult to express what you’re feeling in words.

On the original webtoon 

Jung Ga-ram: I was a huge fan of the original story. And even before the decision was made to create a Netflix Original Series, I always liked Hye-young. So, when I was offered the role and met with director Lee, I communicated very clearly how much I like the character. I shared with director Lee a lot of my interpretation of Hye-young’s thoughts and we shaped the character together for the series.

Song Kang: You have a fully-developed character of Sun-oh in the webtoon. I could refer to the webtoon for his appearance, but in terms of portraying who he is, I was always concerned that how I represent him might not be the same as how readers of the webtoon perceive this character or it might not be the right way to portray him. Sun-oh doesn’t talk very much—so I had to think about how to portray this character without saying much, and that’s why I tried my best to focus on his facial expressions that you get to glimpse at.

j-20616_RGB_20190718.jpg

Song Kang on playing the role of Sun-oh: “Sun-oh doesn’t talk very much—so I had to think about how to portray this character without saying much”

On the similarities between them and their characters 

Kim So-hyun: There are aspects of Jojo that I thought were quite similar to me. Because I’ve played a lot of sad and depressed characters, a lot of viewers seem to have an impression of me as being reserved, quiet, and melancholic. Of course, there are parts of me that are like that, but I also am a very strong and resilient person inside. Jojo, likewise, may seem like someone who’s fragile and needs someone else to protect her, but she’s actually resilient inside. So I identified with her a lot in her strength and resilience, which made playing the character easier for me.

On the differences between them and their characters 

Song Kang: My character Sun-oh, he has a lot of emotional hurt from when he was very young so what he tries to do is mask his hurt inside. And he tries to seem tough and does whatever he wants and he really doesn’t express his feelings so I think that could be a little bit different from my personality and that he acts in whatever way he wishes and he tries to look tough.

Jung Ga-ram: My character Hye Young stands afar and keeps his distance from Jojo because of Sun-oh and doesn’t say what he really feels. But I think in real life, I would go straight for her. (laughs)

No holds barred: Jung Ga-ram is not like his ‘Love Alarm’ character Hye Young,
j-19919_RGB_20190718.jpg

On their favorite lines 

Kim So-hyun: I like the line, “I won’t get crumpled.” I thought that line really expresses well who Jojo is. In the original webtoon, the scene actually has Sun-oh and Jojo sitting next to each other in a small alley when Sun-oh suddenly proposes that they kiss. And they start a conversation from there. That’s when the get to know each other better. I loved that scene. I was very excited to shoot the scene, and was excited in a different way from the way I felt about the scene in the webtoon.

Jung Ga-ram: I would choose the line that goes, To me, it’s all romance — because I’m doing it with you, because that encapsulates everything that Hye-young feels about Jojo.

Song Kang: I would choose a line from a scene where the friendship between Hye-young and Sun-oh is fractured. Sunoh says, “The choice is up to Kim Jojo,” and that was my favorite line.

j-20508_RGB_20190718.jpg

Kim So-hyun: “I’ve played a lot of sad and depressed characters, a lot of viewers seem to have an impression of me as being reserved, quiet, and melancholic”

On how Koreans usually confess their love 

Song Kang: I think that it is confessing etiquette to meet the person face to face rather than confess your love over texts or on the phone. I feel that it’s better, or the right way, almost, to meet the person and confess your love. 

Kim So-hyun: I think that even though the act of confessing your feelings is something that could be very particular to Korean culture, I feel that these days you say “from today we’re going to be boyfriend and girlfriend’’ so I don’t think that it’s a concept that is too foreign among cultures.

You can catch the first season of ‘Love Alarm’ on Netflix.

• Like 3

Kim so Hyun! You're the best! Thanks for being so hard-working and overcoming the negativity. It has been hard on you. Thanks for being so vulnerable in your interviews.

Latest teaser so awesome! What's better than one cross dresser? Two!!! haha This is going to be fun. 

• Like 2