✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

Love triangle in the zone

He loves me, she loves me not---there’s an app for that in ‘Love Alarm.’

SEOUL, KOREA—What kind of world would it be when no one can hide feelings for anyone?

(FROM LEFT): Jung Ga-ram, Kim So-hyun, and Song Kang (Photos by Kigon Kwak for Netflix/Manila Bulletin)

(FROM LEFT): Jung Ga-ram, Kim So-hyun, and Song Kang (Photos by Kigon Kwak for Netflix/Manila Bulletin)

In “Love Alarm” on Netflix, an app lets the users know when someone with a crush on them is within 10-meter radius. That proves to be a game changer for main characters Kim Jojo (played by Kim so-hyun), Lee Hye-young (Jung Ga-ram) and Hwang Sun-oh (Song Kang) who are involved in a love triangle without all of them knowing it at first. The series follows and explores the changing emotions of the characters as their romances heighten.

At a press conference, the actors talked about each of the characters they play in detail.

“Jojo has been through and is in a very tough and difficult situation. But she never loses her positivity and confidence inside, and that made me feel quite sympathetic for her,” Kim said. “She’s someone who you feel more interested in and curious about the more you see her.”

Jung revealed Hye-young is Sun-oh’s best friend, who grew up with each other.

“Even though Hye-young comes from a family of modest means, his mom always cared for and loved him. So he grew up to be someone who can place other people’s needs before his and is very considerate,” the actor hinted.

Song also thinks Hwang’s past has something to do with the kind of person he turned out to be.

“Sun-oh grew up in a rich family and has everything that anyone could ask for, but he feels a void inside because of all the hurt that he’s suffered from his family,” he said.

Actually, “Love Alarm” is based on a webtoon (webcomics) created by Chon Kye-young. The webtoon was first published in 2014 on Daum Webtoon, upon which it gained enormous popularity, being read by two million readers in a year.

“I grew up reading Kye-young’s comics,” said “Love Alarm” director Lee Na-jeong. “I had faith in her works and have been her fan. We often talk about ‘romance comics,’ but Kye-young’s webtoon wasn’t all simply light and fun, but it also had depth in terms of its exploration of love. It was different from the usual romantic comedies or teenage romances, and I was quite fascinated by the depth with which the original story explores the love and hurts of the main characters and how it shows different aspects of life.”

SCENE FROM 'Love Alarm' (Photo courtesy of Netflix)

SCENE FROM ‘Love Alarm’ (Photo courtesy of Netflix)

In a separate interview, she talked about the message of “Love Alarm.”

“When you fall in love with someone, you can encounter the most beautiful moment in your life and are encouraged to muster up the courage that you couldn’t before. You may have to face the ugliest side of yourself or end up having the most painful past that you suffered revealed to someone,” she said. “The three characters in the series experience all of these. Just by watching the main characters who are swept up by the feeling of ‘loving’ someone, we can have a lot of conversations—conversations not only about romance, but about ‘life.’”

Kim is also a huge fan of the webtoon. The actress said looked up who would be the would-be picks for the characters even before she knew it was going to be made into a series.

“I rooted for other actors for Jojo’s character, but then, when I got the offer for the role, I couldn’t give it up for anyone because I wanted the role so badly,” she confessed.

Well, it’s not as if, she wasn’t first choice to play Jojo.

“I thought So-hyun was the perfect actor for (the role). She had a striking resemblance to the character of the webtoon, but more importantly, I thought her ability as an actor to portray a wide range of emotions made her the perfect fit for the role.

“She embraced various aspects of Jojo to near perfection—from Jojo’s strong and positive personality, to her falling in love and shutting the world out to lead a lonely life, with her command over a wide emotional range and strong acting skills.”

Jung had always liked the character Hye-Young from the webtoon. So, when the actor got the role, he shared with the director his interpretation of Hye-young’s thoughts so they could shape the character together for the series.

“Ga-ram has the most pure and sentimental aura out of all the actors I’ve met in their 20s,” Lee praised.

But perhaps Song was happiest when he got in. After all, he beat 900 other competitors for it—including models and K-pop stars!

At the very least, this guy gave it his best shot, as he, himself, said.

“In many auditions, I’d regretted that I didn’t give 100 percent of myself. So, for the auditions for this project, I decided that I would show everything I had so I wouldn’t have any regrets.”

The director knew exactly why there can be no other Hwang than Song.

“Song Kang offered something different every single time—he could handle a wide spectrum of personalities from a lonesome, indifferent person to energetic boy and cute, kind-hearted person, which is why we concluded that he proved himself to be the one who can best portray the various charms of the character, Hwang Sun-oh,” Lee said.

Do the three relate to the characters they play in real life? Survey says: No.

Kim, Jung and Song need no app to let their feelings be known to someone they like. Indeed, once they are sure of how they feel, they’d let the other know about it.

Speaking of app, Lee said that developing an app was one of the most challenging parts in making “Love Alarm.”

“I wanted to make sure that the app doesn’t get in the way of the emotions of the characters and that it feels real and excites the characters. So, we put in a lot of thought into the design and functions of the app. While the overall mood of the webtoon carried the refreshing energy of the youth and seemed clean and cute, I tried to make the Original Series more dynamic, gritty, and realistic,” she said.

Well, for the actors, the hardest part was doing the scenes where they had to act distant from each other. After all, the three have become good friends in real life, even hanging out in arcades between takes, they said.

They are aware that with the series out worldwide, the male characters might get pitted againste each other.

“Actually, fans are divided into two groups: one that supports Hye-young and the other that supports Sun-oh. Both of the characters are so charming in very different ways, so it’s difficult to choose one,” said Kim.

Oh, and if she were to choose, which team would she be on?

“I like Hye-young because he’s very loyal,” she said. “I feel sympathetic for him for having loved Jojo for such a long time, but at the same time, have such respect for him. I became Hye-young’s fan because he made me feel, ‘Wow, a person could love another person to that extent.’”

The three shared their favorite scene or line.

Kim: “I like the line, ‘I won’t get crumpled,’ just as director Lee mentioned. I thought that line really expresses well who Jojo is. In the original webtoon, the scene actually has Sun-oh and Jojo sitting next to each other in a small alley when Sun-oh suddenly proposes that they kiss. And they start a conversation from there. That’s when the get to know each other better. I loved that scene. I was very excited to shoot the scene, and was excited in a different way from the way I felt about the scene in the webtoon.”

Jung: “I would choose the line that goes, ‘To me, it’s all romance—because I’m doing it with you,’ because that encapsulates everything that Hye-young feels about Jojo.”

Song: “I would choose a line from a scene where the friendship between Hye-young and Sun-oh is fractured. Sun-oh says, ‘The choice is up to Kim Jojo,’ and that was my favorite line.”

At one point during the press conference, the three were asked by media if they felt pressured doing “Love Alarm” knowing it’s based on a series that’s loved by so many people.

THE CAST of 'Love Alarm' with director Lee Na-jeong (leftmost) (Photos by Jisang Chung for Netflix/Manila Bulletin)

THE CAST of ‘Love Alarm’ with director Lee Na-jeong (leftmost) (Photos by Jisang Chung for Netflix/Manila Bulletin)

“There was a lot of pressure. So many fans love the original webtoon, and there’s so much room for how to interpret each character, so it was crucial that we decided from the start on the general approach to interpreting the characters,” Kim said.

“That’s why I relied a lot on director Lee. I tried to stay focused on the direction that she intended and tried my best to be in line with that intention. Jojo is the subject of so much affection from others, but she doesn’t take it for granted, and she needs to navigate through a lot of complicated thoughts and emotions and deal with many challenges—so, rather than portraying her as a female character that everyone loves, I thought a lot about how to approach her as one person to another.”

Talent greeting at VIP Premiere

Talent greeting at VIP Premiere

Jung agreed, adding that he tried to be “honest” with his reading and essay of Hye-young.

“I had to convince myself to believe that my interpretation of Hye-young is the same as who everyone else perceives Hye-young to be, and I communicated a lot with director Lee about that while shooting,” he said.

Talent at pop-up activation

Talent at pop-up activation

Song said he referred to the webtoon for his character’s appearance, but in terms of portraying who he is, he was “always concerned that how I represent him might not be the same as how readers of the webtoon perceive this character or it might not be the right way to portray him.”

What is the message of the series about technology?

“I didn’t approach technology as something good nor bad,” Lee said. “I thought what’s more important is not people relying on technology, but how people use it.”

“Love Alarm” is available for streaming on Netflix.

https://entertainment.mb.com.ph/2019/08/27/love-triangle-in-the-zone/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, bright morning said:

will netflix give numbers for love alarm? when will they announce new episodes?

We are all wondering. I hope announce soon. (Only Netflix can answer this question :))))

An article about your question :)

Here’s the Deal With Season 2 of Netflix’s ‘Love Alarm’

Give the people what they want!

Netflix just recently released its very first original Korean drama and people are OBSESSED with it. Love Alarm is about a dating app that sounds off when someone within a 10-meter radius has the hots for you, which, yes, is exactly as problematic as it sounds. There are love triangles, hurt feelings, and enough drama to make you binge all eight episodes as quickly as possible.

Fans love the series for its super-juicy plot, but many were unsatisfied with the ending. They’re already calling out on Twitter for a second season and, uh...Netflix should probably deliver one as soon as possible. These fans are thirsty as hell.

Anyway, here’s absolutely everything we know about the second season of Love Alarm. (If there will even be one, that is.)

First of all, a second season would totally make sense.

Not to spoil anything...but the show ends on a cliff-hanger. That almost always means there will be another season, right? Right?! Not to mention, the Love Alarm app receives a vital update toward the end of the first season. Why would they even bring this up if they weren’t going to make it a plotline in future episodes? We need closure, Netflix!

But nothing has been officially announced yet.

Love Alarm was practically just released, so it’s no surprise that Netflix hasn’t announced a second season yet. So if you haven’t finished the season yet...take this as your official warning to watch the episodes as slowly as possible.

We might have to wait awhile.

It’s not yet clear when a (hypothetical, of course) second season might begin filming, but the first season was announced back in January 2017...which was basically a million years ago. Hopefully it doesn’t take this long the second time around?

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a28819640/netflix-love-alarm-season-2-cast-news-date-spoilers/?utm_campaign=socialflowTWCOS&utm_medium=social-media&src=socialflowTW&utm_source=twitter

• Like 4

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/k-drama-review-love-alarm/

“...

I’ve watched Kim So Hyun’s previous dramas, so I could rely on this girl to deliver as Kim Jojo. As always, I’m impressed by how talented this young girl is. For her young age, she pulled off such a heavy character laden with emotional baggage from her past. My heart literally went out to Kim Jojo, who was so unlucky in life. When she broke up with Sun Oh, her pain was palpable that I wondered what kind of heartbreak Kim So Hyun went through in real life for her to execute such emotions onscreen.

Love AlarmAnother thing I loved about Kim Jojo is her outfits. Her transition from a young high school girl to a young woman on the verge of becoming an adult was done subtly but it was very beautiful. The changes were minimal as she traded her school uniform for neutral and earthy colors. Small touches were added like jewelry and a very simple and basic sense of style. But Kim So Hyun was gorgeous in the latter part of the drama.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Shine In First Character Posters For “Tale Of Nok-Du”

EDHROjUUcAU9Mtq.jpg

EDHRPIBVUAA08Nk.jpg

KBS2’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Tale of Nok-Du” has released its first character posters of Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun!

“Tale of Nok-Du” is based on a webtoon and will be a historical rom-com about a man named Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon) who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community. There, he will meet Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan).

The new character poster shows Jang Dong Yoon making his transformation as he disguises himself as a woman. His poster tagline reads, “A man dressed as a woman who holds a secret, Jeon Nok Du” and he looks forward intently with eyes that are deep and full of mysteries. Jeon Nok Du is highly intelligent and a master of martial arts, and is hiding a fatal secret as a series of events leads him to disguise himself as a widow and enter a community where men aren’t allowed.

Kim So Hyun has a warm smile on her face, and her uneven short hair is her character’s trademark, with her tagline reading “The community’s short-haired fairy, Dong Dong Joo.” Though Dong Dong Joo lacks the skills to become a gisaeng, she cannot stand by when she sees injustice, and she isn’t afraid to speak her mind. The pair is set to bring laughter to viewers with completely different personalities.

The production staff of “Tale of Nok-Du” stated, “Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun’s chemistry is better than anyone could have expected. They have not only brought out the charms of the original webtoon, but they have also put their own spin on their characters. We hope people will anticipate the two actors’ romantic synergy as they go through many unexpected situations.”

“Tale of Nok-Du” will premiere on September 30 and will be available on Viki with English subtitles.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1348866wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-kim-so-hyun-shine-in-first-character-posters-for-tale-of-nok-du

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Jung Ga Ram interview

“about what I would do if I were a woman, I thought I would have dated Sun-oh and marry Hye-young. I think dating is fun with Sun-oh, but I think it's better to marry Hye-young because marriage needs stability," Ga Ram said with a smile . :)

Jung Ga Ram also mentioned that Song Kang and Kim So Hyun, who appeared in #LoveAlarm with him, are his close friends in real life http://naver.me/Fx54o4pe  They relied to each other during the filming.

CR:Lily_CFC twitter

EDHPqv5UwAAkFJI.jpg

cr:wowhellosohyun -twitter

New still cut

EDGdT6ZUYAAesqo.jpg

EDGdUSuUwAEvwOG.jpg

Spoiler

EDGdUD8UEAAApFn.jpg

The Swoon release ep 1- 4 BTS video

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

K-Drama Review: “Love Alarm” Reins In A Beautifully Crafted Yet Bittersweet Young Romance

NETFLIX TUGS AT VIEWERS’ HEARTS WITH ITS NEWEST TEEN ROMANCE, LOVE ALARM.

Riding on the trend of viral mobile apps, Netflix’s very own original series Love Alarmcenters around the “JOAlarm” or the “Love Alarm”. The app notifies its users when there is someone who likes them within a 10 meter radius. The app connects directly to the users’ hearts, which somewhat proves its authenticity.

The drama presents itself as a teenage romance, but as viewers reflect on its main theme, it takes on more of a Black Mirror kind of energy. The influence that one app can have on the lives of its users can be daunting.

Nation’s Little Sister Kim So Hyun makes her Netflix debut as the beautiful but troubled Kim Jojo. A quiet teenager who refuses to waste any time doing the usual teenage things like going to internet cafes. Instead, she devotes all her time in working part-time jobs to support her ailing grandmother. Jojo unknowingly gets caught in a love triangle with childhood friends  Lee Hye Yeong (Jung Ga Ram) and Hwang Sun Oh (Song Kang).

TITLE: LOVE ALARM
NETWORK: NETFLIX
THEME: ROMANCE, SCHOOL DRAMA, FAMILY DRAMA
LENGTH: 8 EPISODES
BROADCAST DATE: 22 AUGUST 2019
MAIN LEADS: KIM SO HYUN, JUNG GA RAM, SONG KANG
HIGHLIGHTS: UNIQUE THEME AND STORY LINE, EXCELLENT ACTING FROM THREE MAIN LEADS
OVERALL RATING: 4.5.gif
RE-WATCH VALUE: 5.gif
RELATED DRAMAS: SCHOOL 2017, SCHOOL 2015

QUICK PLOT ROUNDUP

Despite the rising popularity of the Love Alarm app, Kim Jojo refuses to download the app. Instead, she keeps busy with her part-time jobs. Jojo struggles financially but pretends that everything is ok. She goes as far as lying to her teachers and friends about her after school academy and school lunches. Jojo has a boyfriend, Il Sik, but the relationship is more of convenience for Jojo.

She eventually meets Hwang Sun Oh, former magazine model. Sun Oh’s Love Alarm goes crazy as girls fawn over the handsome new student. Sun Oh is the son of Jeong Mimi, a popular actress who is actually very distant from her son. Instead, Sun Oh has been under the care of Hye Yeong’s mother. Sun Oh and Hye Yeong grew up together, with the latter often looking after his best friend Sun Oh.

Sun Oh falls in love with Jojo, but he suspects that Hye Yeong is also in love with the girl. To prove it, Sun Oh kisses Jojo, but surprises himself when he falls in love with her. Despite the fact that Jojo is bullied in school, Sun Oh adores the quiet girl. The school goes into a frenzy when the relationship is revealed.

While on a school trip in Jeju Island, Jojo and Sun Oh get into a motorcycle accident. Sun Oh’s parents immediately whisk him back to the city and keep him away from Jojo. However, Jojo manages to convince herself that she will eventually hurt Sun Oh if she continues the relationship, so she activates a shield on her Love Alarm app, keeping her true emotions from ringing on her loved one’s app.

Jojo publicly breaks up with Sun Oh, but he refuses to accept that she no longer loves him. He is shocked when Jojo’s love doesn’t register on his Love Alarm app, but he continues to beg Jojo to take him back. Although it pains Jojo, she rebuffs his attempts every time. Eventually, Sun Oh leaves for America.

Fast forward to four years later, Jojo is still working part-time jobs. Sun Oh is in a half-hearted relationship with popular entrepreneur Yook Ji. However, Yook Ji is aware that Sun Oh doesn’t love her.

Meanwhile, the Love Alarm app has exploded in popularity. Love Alarm has changed relationships as it relies more heavily on the accuracy of the app. Jojo’s shield still works on her phone, carefully concealing her true feelings. Hye Yeong attempts to persuade Jojo with his true feelings for her. He reveals that he deleted the app when they were in high school to avoid complications with his best friend Sun Oh. However, Hye Yeong is determined to ring the alarm on Jojo’s Love Alarm app.

Sun Oh finds out that Hye Yeong is set on winning Jojo’s heart. For his part, nothing has changed for him since he still loves Jojo. In fact, every time he gets within 10 meters of Jojo, he still manages to ring Jojo’s Love Alarm.

On the day of the launch of Love Alarm 2.0, Jojo turns up at the launch to get her shield removed. Hye Yeong, Sun Oh and Jojo finally get within 10 meters of each other.

HIGHLIGHTS

For me, it’s so refreshing to watch a Korean teenage drama that’s light but there’s still a little bit of drama in it. As I felt during My First First Life, 8 episodes for 1 season is simply not enough! I actually considered not watching this first, and just wait for Season 2. But my EQ is actually pretty low, so of course I binge-watched the entire Season 1 days after its premiere.

Kudos to the entire cast for being able to pull off such complex characters that had very complicated emotions. The three leads in particular did a stellar job in figuring between a love triangle.

May I say that Song Kang is ADORABLE. I was enthralled by this boy and how well he acted throughout the entire drama. At first, I was put off by his cool as a cucumber attitude. I even thought to myself that he was just another cliche actor relying on his good looks. But he surprised me with his depth! He was very reflective in his scenes with Kim So Hyun’s character, and their chemistry was outstanding. I was actually ready to end on Episode 3 when Jojo and Sun Oh became a couple. For me, that would have been the perfect ending.

I’ve watched Kim So Hyun’s previous dramas, so I could rely on this girl to deliver as Kim Jojo. As always, I’m impressed by how talented this young girl is. For her young age, she pulled off such a heavy character laden with emotional baggage from her past. My heart literally went out to Kim Jojo, who was so unlucky in life. When she broke up with Sun Oh, her pain was palpable that I wondered what kind of heartbreak Kim So Hyun went through in real life for her to execute such emotions onscreen.

Another thing I loved about Kim Jojo is her outfits. Her transition from a young high school girl to a young woman on the verge of becoming an adult was done subtly but it was very beautiful. The changes were minimal as she traded her school uniform for neutral and earthy colors. Small touches were added like jewelry and a very simple and basic sense of style. But Kim So Hyun was gorgeous in the latter part of the drama.

DRAWBACKS

What can be this drama’s biggest drawback other than the fact that there is only 8 episodes for its first season? Understandably, I know that season 2 is in the offing, but I can’t wait! I need to know who Kim Jojo chooses in the end.

Other than that, I’d have to say that I’m kind of getting past characters that have had traumatic childhoods already. Although Kim Jojo did well in her character portrayal, it was too heavy for the female lead to have that much baggage. It came to a point when I’d start to feel frustrated and just want Jojo to get a break.

RECOMMENDATIONS

Fair warning before I recommend this drama, the cliffhanger will leave you wanting for more. I still recommend this drama for its light romance and amazing visuals care of the lead actors. It’s not a heavy drama, but it does have its heavy scenes. The light romance makes up for it though.

This drama is an eyeopener because it focuses on an app that takes over the lives of its users. Taking its cue from real life, viewers are faced with a grim reality of the dangers that social media and app usage can cause. It gives us a grim picture of the reality of social media. In the drama, we see the need to be affirmed by the number of rings, or likes, or comments we receive tend to define us as people.

Love Alarm can be streamed on Netflix.

https://www.hellokpop.com/review/k-drama-review-love-alarm/

• Like 4