✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

I was reading this post some person wrote about KSH and what the hell...

DRAFT PICK NO.5

김소현 (KIM SO-HYUN)

BORN 1999 YEARS PRO 8 MANAGEMENT SidusHQ

STRENGTHS: Remember when people actually thought that Son Ye-Jin was just a pretty face making all-too-safe choices and never impressing? Up to 2005, I was one of them — and I still get “I told you so” looks from certain Korean industry friends who already by 2002 were predicting that she not only would make it huge, but that she was a much better actress than most people believed. Then first 외출 (April Snow) and then 연애시대 (Alone in Love) happened, and now considering Son one of the country’s top talents has almost become a cliche. Now I make the prediction: Kim So-Hyun is the new Son Ye-Jin. Same rock-solid fundamentals, same well above average but not quite top raw talent, same incredible marketing machine behind her (it’s Sidus. Look at what they did with Song Joong-Gi), and same immense upside. Kim doesn’t excel at anything (like Son) but she’s done a bit of everything — from children’s trendies to sageuk, from makjang to much more mature “adult” melodrama like 러브 어게인 (Love Again) — and done it well, showing admirable versatility. She’s still young enough to get the chance to try a bit of everything and expand her range, and thankfully she’s not crossed over into Kim Soo-Hyun territory quite yet (superstardom, multi-billion won endorsements and the like), so she’ll still have a few years to improve.

WEAKNESSES: I call it “thespian baby fat.” Park Shin-Hye, for instance, is still plagued by it, unable to really mature into an adult actress. It’s that tendency to underestimate your own potential because, after all, you’re still only a kid acting in roles for child actors. This is what separates Kim from the three draft picks that precede her: Yeo Jin-Gu, Kim Yoo-Jung and particularly Shim Eun-Kyung are for all intents and purposes just actors who happen to be very young, people whose maturation as performers has taken very tangible steps towards adulthood; Kim So-Hyun still acts “like a kid.” Meaning that if the director just sticks a camera in her face without giving her any direction, she’ll at times look lost, even a little stiff. It doesn’t mean bad, mind you. It just means her acting is only good on the surface, but lacks that mature introspection and sincerity that the aforementioned three possess. This of course is not a matter of improving, but an epiphany that has yet to come — and since we’re dealing with a 14 year old kid, she’s got all the time to continue honing her craft until that day comes. The real issue will be whether her incoming, inevitable path to stardom will allow her that privilege.

BEST PERFORMANCE: young Geum-Ok in 짝패 (The Duo) and young Lee Su-Yeon in 보고싶다 (Missing You)

RAW TALENT: 76,
FUNDAMENTALS 79,
STAR POWER 97,
UPSIDE POTENTIAL 89

AVERAGE 85.2 [-0.5]
SPRING 2013 DRAFT: 4th Place [85.7]
SUMMER 2013 DRAFT: 5th Place [85.2]

and the comments:

joy (@akikisetsu) : " I still haven’t warmed up to Kim So Hyun, mostly because I feel her popularity or star power is mostly due to media play (SNS, idol power and bts machinations) and not really because of her acting. Well, come to think of it! knowing how to market yourself could result to having that star power."

mysuna: "Hi, if you have time, please explain why Kim So-Hyun has the highest Starpower amoungst your list. Very curious!? Thank you"

---조폭고양이: "Because she’s already a star? She’s too young to be cast as a lead in a miniseries, but give her a couple of years."

------mysuna: "Thank you. In otherwords, KYJ and YJG are stars in the making? KSH is considered a star because she landed the MC job in a BIG 3 music program and the lead in “Ma Boy”? She has crossed over into “adult jobs” faster than the other 2? So “Missing you” propelled her to stardom?

To me she was the most natural and engaging in “Ma Boy” ’cause she was playing herself and she was smooth and fluid. Whereas in MY, she was hitting all the right buttons but somehow there was just something off about her to me. Trying too hard maybe? Obviously being associated in a series with 2 hugely popularly actors who played the adult leads helped. Nevertheless. she is very talented.

To be honest though, KYJ still looks “childish” while KSH looks more “mature” and I meant it in a goodway. I thought KYJ has more CFs. Please correct me if I am wrong. I do not understand Korean; info is from the web. Does Starpower = marketability?

Opps too many Qs. Thanks"

--------------조폭고양이: "Ma Boy barely registered a blip in the popular subconscious, wouldn’t worry about it. She’s a star because of her presence all over media (print, online, TV, CFs, the whole shebang) and because she starred in plenty of popular shows even though she didn’t headline one (Moon Embracing the Sun did 40%+, just to name one), but most importantly because of the marketing machine behind her that is already positioning her as someone just a leading role away from superstardom. Then there is her own screen presence — Son Ye-Jin like, as in not too imposing but strangely charming, looks aside.

Kim Yoo-Jung, Yeo Jin-Gu, Kim So-Hyun… they’re already stars, really. You go ask ordinary people who only occasionally watch drama in the streets of Seoul who they are, and 60-70% will easily identify them. Park Eun-Bin is borderline in that sense. But when you move on to people like Shim Eun-Kyung, Seo Hyun-Jin and the like… you’ll see many more “who is she?” or “I remember the face but not the name.”"

---------------------------------Elle Z: "Hi! Yes, KYJ will be remember by people, BUT I think because this girl have luck: “oooh, pretty girl put her in a movie, another one, this CF, etc.” She doesn’t have any blame to be pretty. And in the other end is KSH, this girl is not cute like KYJ, but is also pretty…only has bad luck to not land big movies, CFs, dramas, etc. And giving her to be almost always the bad girl doesn’t help.

Now, talking about acting…KYJ acts well, but KSH gives me the creeps and makes me cry depending the roles she’s in.

And popularity? KYJ is everywhere, where in the other hand KSH is sporadically mentioned in the news.

Now, change the panorama. Give to KSH all the dramas and CFs, movies, sponsor, team, etc and keep low and no lead roles to KYJ, the people is going to remember KSH.

I will waiting a response."

oblivious: "I might be the only one who doesn’t understand the charm of Kim So -hyun. I have seen all her work and still remain to be impressed. She reminds me too much of Han Ga-in with the dead in the eyes look she constantly has. I find it far too difficult to like or believe her in any role."

source: http://vaultofdoom.wordpress.com/2013/04/15/the-draft-scouting-kdrama-updated-0416/2/

@shiloh Wow... i like your signature :x
===
About that article... I feel sorry for Kim So Hyun because she is always compared to Kim Yo Jung. In the Moon and Sun era, people always looking at KYJ because she is the lead and she play brilliant while So Hyun always play antagonist. After that, she playing antagonist role again in Rooftop Prince. Because of her role I too not really like her that time. But I Miss You change my whole perspective about her. She is GREAT. The scene when Lee Soo Yeon raped in that ware house, her blank stare gives me a goosebumps and till this day I'm still feel affraid to rewatch that scene again.After i Miss You, that KYJ shadow on her slowly fade. She have more lead role eventho in short period. She is bright in Birth Secret, IHYV and now have a full role in SH. she have more CF too now. Became an ambassador for social message and also become an MC. Her schedule became more and more busy.
No matter what people says, fact speak more. The reason my media always mentioning her is because people have much more interest on her, and thats not happen for nothing. She is good. Lets wait for her more powerfull project in the future.
Oh... I really hope her drama and Yeo Jin Goo before will come true eventho right now there is no news. Really want to see them both as the lead role so bad. They're so good in I Miss You.

• Thanks 1

hi guys  :)
i'm so anticipated for KSH first full drama, suspicious housekeeper, so glad we're finally having her in a full drama :) hope everything is gonna be bright for her :)
and please dont mind the haters, they're always gonna be there, but we're here to supports so-hyun because we love her, aren't we, so dont bother by all the hates okey guys :D

sophie said: hi guys  :)
i'm so anticipated for KSH first full drama, suspicious housekeeper, so glad we're finally having her in a full drama :) hope everything is gonna be bright for her :)
and please dont mind the haters, they're always gonna be there, but we're here to supports so-hyun because we love her, aren't we, so dont bother by all the hates okey guys :D

@edensorthank you for the goodies :) 
aww is it our so-hyun going to have her second peck kiss :D yeah it look really like PJB, are you sure its not him ?? btw what is dramas that'd be competitors for SH ?? i plan to watch SH, medical top team and reply 1994 only ... 

sophie said: @edensorthank you for the goodies :) 
aww is it our so-hyun going to have her second peck kiss :D yeah it look really like PJB, are you sure its not him ?? btw what is dramas that'd be competitors for SH ?? i plan to watch SH, medical top team and reply 1994 only ...