✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

The 15 Most Anticipated Korean Dramas of 2021

Every few years, a particularly swoon-worthy Korean drama turns a wave of international viewers into avid fans of the genre. Notable examples include Full House in 2004, Boys Over Flowers in 2009, The Heirs in 2013. In 2020, both Crash Landing on You and Itaewon Class hooked the attention of large audiences at the start of the year, and the interest in K-dramas only grew as the months wore on. Viewing for the genre on Netflix nearly tripled in the U.S. last year, and the streaming giant recently announced that its investment in Korean content between 2015 and 2020 will total $700 million and include leasing nine stages across two production facilities in Korea. Beyond Netflix, Korean networks continue to produce series which are regularly distributed globally through platforms including the American streaming service Rakuten Viki, Chinese video site iQIYI and Hong-Kong based provider Viu.

A bountiful slate of new series is on the horizon for 2021. They feature actors we have missed on our screens and newcomers who are taking on lead roles for the first time (including, to the great anticipation of many, Jisoo from K-pop phenom BLACKPINK). Many of these shows are helmed by directors and writers who have produced some of the hottest Korean dramas to date, while others are adapted from webtoons that have attracted a significant audience online.

Most of the series do not have confirmed launch dates but are planned for release in 2021. Some of the shows will debut on Korean networks like tvN and JTBC, with no confirmed plans for international distribution at the moment. This could change, though, as a growing number of global fans call for Korean dramas to be made available in their countries.

Here, the most anticipated K-dramas of 2021.

River Where the Moon Rises

Release date: Feb. 15

Network: KBS2; will be available on Rakuten Viki

Kim So-Hyun (Love Alarm, The Tale of Nokdu) and Ji Soo (When I Was Most Beautiful, My First First Love) star in this reimagining of the folktale about Princess Pyeonggang and On Dal. Pyeonggang (Kim) is resolute in her goal: to become the first female ruler to lead the Korean kingdom of Goguryeo. Her aspirations are tested when she meets On Dal (Ji Soo), whose love for Pyeonggang drives him to protect her above all else. In this period drama that promises plenty of action and romance, the versatile Kang Ha-Neul (When the Camellia Blooms, Midnight Runners) also plays a role as On Dal’s father and a general of Goguryeo.

https://time.com/5934125/new-korean-dramas-2021/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_term=entertainment_television&linkId=112059771

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, elan1 said:

ahhh yeah trailer! Team jojo 

Twitter, YT and instagram are quite chaotic today.:joy:

Even with my sometimes sunoh sometimes hyeyoung 60% fickle heart,  I’m fully on board the jojo and herself ship and it’s the ship I truly want to sail.:glasses:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Just now, yeli said:

Even with my sometimes sunoh sometimes hyeyoung 60% fickle heart,  I’m fully on board the jojo and herself ship and it’s the ship I truly want to sail.:glasses:

I read some comments, some people are crazy :lol: people it’s just a drama, it’s fiction, not real. Relax :P

Jimmy Fallon Fighting GIF

me too, team jojo :heart: Netflix please give us new trailer that will be about jojo only :lol:

me myself and i GIF

• Insightful 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

3 hours ago, elan1 said:

ahhh yeah trailer! Team jojo 

I love it. Trailer looks so good. The view  , music ,acting everything look so good. I feel season 2 will be much better than s1.

From ep 5 , Ondal and Gajin :fullofhearts:

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

Watch: “Love Alarm 2” Trailer Teases Messy Love Triangle Between Song Kang, Kim So Hyun, And Jung Ga Ram

Watch: “Love Alarm 2” Trailer Teases Messy Love Triangle Between Song Kang, Kim So Hyun, And Jung Ga Ram

“Love Alarm” has released an emotional trailer for its upcoming second season!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Love Alarm” is a romance drama set in an alternate reality where people find love through an application that alerts users when someone within a 10-meter radius has feelings for them. In the highly-anticipated second season of the drama, which is set four years after the first season, the app has gained a new feature in which users can see a list of “people whom you will like” and “people who will like you.”

On February 26, Netflix unveiled a preview of “Love Alarm 2” that offers a sneak peek of the tense ongoing love triangle between Kim Jo Jo (played by Kim So Hyun), Hwang Sun Oh (played by Song Kang), and Lee Hye Young (played by Jung Ga Ram). The clip begins with Kim Jo Jo saying, “A world in which if you like someone, their alarm must ring.”

Kim Jo Jo then asks Lee Hye Young why he’s in such a good mood, and he reveals that her name popped up on his list of “people who will like you.” That alone is enough to make Lee Hye Young happy, and he reminds her, “I promised to make your love alarm ring 10 times a day, remember?”

However, their relationship is complicated by the return of Hwang Sun Oh, who turns out to still have feelings for Kim Jo Jo after she broke his heart years ago. Kim Jo Jo says in amazement, “Sun Oh still rings my love alarm.”

Lee Hye Young declares that he doesn’t care that Kim Jo Jo still doesn’t ring his love alarm, saying, “It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t ring. Because even waiting for it is something that I’m doing together with Jo Jo.” Meanwhile, Kim Jo Jo worriedly realizes, “I thought I’d be fine if I just hid my own feelings, but I’m weighing down Hye Young’s and Sun Oh’s hearts, too.”

Hwang Sun Oh goes on to tell Kim Jo Jo, “From now on, I’m only going to believe what I see in your eyes,” before leaning in for a kiss.

Kim Jo Jo tearfully asks, “You fool, aren’t you angry?” and Lee Hye Young says, “I was willing to wait for you, no matter what. I told you that it was okay as long as your feelings were sincere.” Meanwhile, Hwang Sun Oh yells as Kim Jo Jo walks away, “You still like me!”

The trailer ends with Kim Jo Jo asking in tears, “Can you tell me? Who do I like right now?”

“Love Alarm 2” will premiere on March 12. In the meantime, check out the new trailer below!

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, yeli said:

Even I feel the same I don't really know which ship should i support. I was suho-jojo shipper while watching the drama but after watching the trailer I actually really love hyeyoung-jojo ship. I am happy that we are going to get cute scenes with these two in season2. I always wanted sohyun in age appropriate romance and this seems like it. But I just hope sunho fans won't say anything to sohyun if jojo indeed end up with hyeyoung.

I really love the netflix promotion for love alarm. Are they going to do the same for season 2 as well? It is bad that jung garam is in militairy.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, kimjojo said:

Even I feel the same I don't really know which ship should i support. I was suho-jojo shipper while watching the drama but after watching the trailer I actually really love hyeyoung-jojo ship. I am happy that we are going to get cute scenes with these two in season2. I always wanted sohyun in age appropriate romance and this seems like it. But I just hope sunho fans won't say anything to sohyun if jojo indeed end up with hyeyoung.

I really love the netflix promotion for love alarm. Are they going to do the same for season 2 as well? It is bad that jung garam is in militairy.

I am Hyeyoung- Jojo shipper but if Jojo end up with Sunho ı don't be mad. Some people must know this is just a drama. But ı think some  SunJo shippers don't know this. :joy:

Twitter , ig, youtube in everywhere some Sunjo shippers get mad at Sohyun( not Jojo ):idk:

• Blob 2

River Where the Moon Rises: Episodes 3-4 Open Thread

After a promising start last week, River Where the Moon Rises continues to be awesome. Rather than drag out its reveals, we meet them head-on — and so does our princess. Uncovering her true identity has a huge impact not only on her future, but on everyone around her, from old friends, to new enemies.

EPISODES 3-4 WEECAP

Shaken by the rumors she heard, and the memories that are swiftly coming back to her, Ga-jin soon begins to stitch the mystery of her past together. The man who she was told was her father admits that he took her in when she was a young girl. He returns to her the jade necklace that proves her royalty.

A mystery that was bugging me last week was also solved — I thought it was the mysterious monk that took her in as a girl. This week, however, we learn that it was the ringleader of Cheonjubang. He not only knew/knows her true identity, but took advantage of that when he trained her as an assassin and sent her on a mission to kill her own father, the king. And in case anyone was also curious why Cheonjubang is so anxious to commit regicide, we also learn that they’ve been hired by the all-too-evil General Go. He’s already destroyed the royal family, but now he’s ready to take over the kingdom permanently.

Watching Ga-jin discover, confirm, and accept her identity as Princess Pyeonggang was as satisfying as it should be, and as mentioned above, I’m happy this wasn’t dragged out for too long. The two episodes it took her to meet with her father, receive the necklace, meet the court lady that raised her (yay Kim Jung-young), and then have her memories flood back as further confirmation — this all felt quite well-paced.

The fact that the princess is alive and well makes a few people rejoice, but makes most everyone else get a murderous glint in their eye. Ga-jin’s presence creates a major problem for General Go and his tribes’ plans — his only aim is to get rid of her.

And that’s a perfect segue to talk about his son, GO GEON (Lee Ji-hoon). I’m always impressed by the range Lee Ji-hoon is capable of (he somehow slips right into every role), but I think the character of Geon is quickly becoming a favorite.

We met him as a boy during our premiere — importantly training the princess in her swordsmanship, and even more importantly swearing allegiance to her above his own father and tribe. There’s a reason we’re shown this, of course; it’s a fateful comment, and it’s set up to be a metaphor for Geon’s entire story arc.

In fact, we’re seeing this play out a little bit already, when the princess is discovered in the present day. While Geon’s father is demanding her death, Geon himself is already torn. Deliciously so. The two have a great moment of recognition, and I must say, their chemistry is fantastic. Geon, in particular, is so full of complexity and calculation — we’re watching him play both sides already and ı have no doubt the intensity will only increase.

Speaking of chemistry, Dal is clearly one-and-done smitten with Ga-jin. He comes to her aid again and again this week, whether she’s trying to sneak into the palace to meet the court lady, or when he voluntarily stays behind as collateral while Ga-jin is out uncovering her past.

It’s here that we meet HAE MO-YONG (Choi Yoo-hwa), wealthy trader of medicinal herbs… and dangerous hallucinogenics. Also intel. She’s clearly dangerous and conniving, but there’s something I quite liked about her — in a femme fatale sort of way.

Mo-yong also sets a nice contrast with Dal. While she’s keeping him as collateral, we see her vicious and powerful side come out. But it’s Dal that’s been playing her all along — she might have him bleeding out and hanging upside down, but he’s only playing along. It was such a great moment when with one quick flip, he frees himself and changes the power dynamic between them.

As expected, the growing friendship (and romantic interest) between Dal and Ga-jin is impacted when they recognize each other from the past. This was another reveal we were all waiting for — and what a great one it was. We get the enjoyment of seeing them remember each other separately, and then sharing their recollections when they meet. So much great, yet ill-fated, angst and weight from the past!

While Dal is aggrieved that she’s indeed the princess (since the royal family was what caused his tribe to be slaughtered and go into hiding), it’s Ga-jin who is weighed down the most. Not only does she have to come to terms with the havoc her lineage caused in the past, but she must, according to the monk who advises her, find a way to live as the princess.

This, indeed, is the mountain that our heroine is facing as she accepts her identity, and everything that it means. However, if there’s one thing we’ve learned it’s that she’s not alone — she has Dal, she has the wonderful people of the Sunno tribe/Ghost Valley, and who knows, she might even have Geon on her side, too.

There’s lots of great setup as we move into phase two of the drama, and if there’s one thing that’s exciting me the most about River right now, it’s that we have rich and interesting characters to follow as the plot thickens.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/02/river-where-the-moon-rises-episodes-3-4-open-thread/

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

23 hours ago, yeli said:

Here! Still counts as released by Netflix right?:lol:

OMG :joy: somewhat counts lol

6 hours ago, yeli said:

sso, received a camera. So cute!

her reactions is everything :love:

she is so pretty :kiss_wink:

i want this to happen if there is season 3 :joy:

• Blob 1