✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

2 minutes ago, petunia said:

I feel like I have so much material to catch up on to fully understand what everyone is talking about. Is kim sohyun a singer? Her wiki page says she sang a few osts but I've seen many actors do that. I assume its fans service but writing and releasing songs in a completely different language. How come?

No she isn’t a singer professionally but she likes to sing for fun haha 

it was just a fun appreciation gift for her Japanese fans I guess and it’s great for her to learn other languages. Her English is pretty decent in her Traveling reality show on YouTube.  Her Chinese isn’t that bad either, I believe she wrote an appreciation post for her Chinese fans to celebrate her acting debut anniversary. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, superman26 said:

Hi i am new to this thread. I was curious about The Tales of Nokdu and i find Kim Sohyun so interesting. And i kept digging and finding all the dramas with Kim Sohyun in it. So far i have been binge watching Bring It On Ghost>Radio Romance>Who Are You>Love Alarm. And wow!! Kim Sohyun on amazing! She is so young when i realise she was born in 1999 and have many acting skills under her belt. And she been with alot of co-stars, from idols to famous actors. She is good and doing well. I cant wait for her to further transition into her adult roles and what she will become in the future. 

Hope people will recommend me some of her dramas. 

I was scrolling thru some, why Ruler was mentioned in this thread that she is just cameo? isnt she the female lead with Yoo Seungho?

Hope Kim Sohyun will be more successful and keep getting good projects in the future! :D

Welcome to the forum! It's always nice to see new fans around. Let's make this forum even more lively! I was School 2015 baited and ever since then followed her works faithfully (you can consider me an avid/hardcore fan lol). You should try Page Turner and Nightmare Teacher (web drama). These 2 are definitely must watch. 

Ruler did her wrong. Her character appeared so little and she had no development. Sohyun admitted that Ruler was her slump. Until now I have trauma with that drama.

Anyways, do check her dramas when she was still a child actor. Missing You is one of the best :)

3 hours ago, petunia said:

I tried to scroll through her instagram but she has too many posts. Most them like you said is PR stuff which is why I said it looks like a fan account. Why does she not post about her personal life?  I want to so badly fix her instagram account and make it more aesthetic. The promotion bot comment is so true. Is mongsuk her dog? The white puppy? Its a cutie pie. 

Yup, Mongsuk is her 4 year old maltese. I think she loves her dog more than her younger brother hahahahah jk :D Sohyun is known to be ultra private about her personal life thus a single picture or post of her personal life is a gem to her fans. We're kind of used to it tbh haha

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mongsuk said:

Welcome to the forum! It's always nice to see new fans around. Let's make this forum even more lively! I was School 2015 baited and ever since then followed her works faithfully (you can consider me an avid/hardcore fan lol). You should try Page Turner and Nightmare Teacher (web drama). These 2 are definitely must watch. 

Ruler did her wrong. Her character appeared so little and she had no development. Sohyun admitted that Ruler was her slump. Until now I have trauma with that drama.

Anyways, do check her dramas when she was still a child actor. Missing You is one of the best :)

Im gonna catch Page Turner soon as everyone haf recommended it so much! :D

But im surprised, Kim Sohyun went on a slump and that Ruler was her slump eventhou the rating was good. I havent catch it yet but since i was reading thru this forum, almost alot of fans are saying Ruler did her injustice. But i was googling, she was so pretty in Hanbok.  I hope there wont be a next Ruler. She did manage to act to Yoo Seungho which i thought she might have a small crush on. 

I saw Missing You. She partner alongside Yeo Jingoo. He is one of the child actor that have quite strong acting. Shall catch it after Page Turner. Thanks! :D

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, petunia said:

I don't know how big her popularity is on an international level but love alarm definitely boosted it. I know I was obsessed with the drama which is why I went into a kim sohyun binge. There wasn't much song kang material to watch since he is new. I was charmed by their chemistry but I was captivated by her acting. I would love to know more about her. Especially after tale of nokdu I'm a huge fan. 

2 hours ago, elan1 said:

I don’t think she is that well known yet but she deserves to be. I’m still waiting for her to be part of a drama where it’s super beloved and super well known like love from another star. 

I have been following her earnestly since her big break in School 2015. Also, I've been watching and following kdramas and kcelebrities for almost 15 years and I have to say she is one of the biggest korean actresses in her age in terms of international following. 

She had a hiatus last year (2018) but during era 2015-2017, she was everywhere. She had fanmeetings in Taiwan (2016 & 2017), HongKong, Singapore, Japan (2018 & 2019) and Korea (2017 & 2019) already. She was the youngest Korean actress to have a fanmeeting in Taiwan at age 17. Fans from Korea, China, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar, Thailand, Hongkong, Malaysia send rice wreaths during her drama presscons. She was the first endorser of VIU when they started in Singapore in 2016. The media calls her Hallyu star.

Her 7.8 million Instagram followers also manifest that. It may not be visible here in soompi but if you look through her tags in Instagram, I can say there are at least 100 accounts dedicated to her. She also had solid fanclubs in various countries tho most of their official fansites are in Facebook or Weibo. Also, before the release of Love Alarm, the official trailer got 2M views before broadcast and 99% of the thousand comments are about her.

So yeah, I'm confident to say that she's really well known overseas. That's pretty much the fruit of my 4 years of avid fangirling haha

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, elan1 said:

No she isn’t a singer professionally but she likes to sing for fun haha 

it was just a fun appreciation gift for her Japanese fans I guess and it’s great for her to learn other languages. Her English is pretty decent in her Traveling reality show on YouTube.  Her Chinese isn’t that bad either, I believe she wrote an appreciation post for her Chinese fans to celebrate her acting debut anniversary. 

For a second there I thought  is she was the next lee seunggi or something. I saw the show her english was good but my early years of kpop taught me never to take practiced phrases seriously. I'm sure her skills are good though.

37 minutes ago, Mongsuk said:

Yup, Mongsuk is her 4 year old maltese. I think she loves her dog more than her younger brother hahahahah jk :D Sohyun is known to be ultra private about her personal life thus a single picture or post of her personal life is a gem to her fans. We're kind of used to it tbh haha

How old is her younger brother? Its hard to imagine kim sohyun isn't the younger sibling since she is only 20. Basically its hard to imagine anyone younger than her. Same reason I stopped following kpop groups. How can people born in 2000 be adults? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mongsuk said:

I have been following her earnestly since her big break in School 2015. Also, I've been watching and following kdramas and kcelebrities for almost 15 years and I have to say she is one of the biggest korean actresses in her age in terms of international following. 

She had a hiatus last year (2018) but during era 2015-2017, she was everywhere. She had fanmeetings in Taiwan (2016 & 2017), HongKong, Singapore, Japan (2018 & 2019) and Korea (2017 & 2019) already. She was the youngest Korean actress to have a fanmeeting in Taiwan at age 17. Fans from Korea, China, Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Myanmar, Thailand, Hongkong, Malaysia send rice wreaths during her drama presscons. She was the first endorser of VIU when they started in Singapore in 2016. The media calls her Hallyu star.

Her 7.8 million Instagram followers also manifest that. It may not be visible here in soompi but if you look through her tags in Instagram, I can say there are at least 100 accounts dedicated to her. She also had solid fanclubs in various countries tho most of their official fansites are in Facebook or Weibo. Also, before the release of Love Alarm, the official trailer got 2M views before broadcast and 99% of the thousand comments are about her.

So yeah, I'm confident to say that she's really well known overseas. That's pretty much the fruit of my 4 years of avid fangirling haha

I figure if she has almost 8 million followers she must have a decent amount of popularity. I don't know about hallyu does it even exist anymore? Love alarm was a definite global phenomenon but I wouldn't label it hallyu. China banning Korea killed the market and Japan hasn't had good relations with Korea these days. Kpop groups still managing to hold dome tours in Japan is an achievement. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mongsuk said:

You really sumed up everything @Mongsuk *high five :wub: (Im still riding a jeep from office to home so cant reply to each concern) 

Just to add, after her School 2015 which was her peak (both for local and intl fans most for females) she did 'Lets fight Ghost' which was her 1st lead in romcom and it boosted more on the number of her fanboys still for both :joy: but maybe more onto the international arena since it was left and right that those fan accounts were created and her aegyos (her 1st) are viewed by many :joy:

Another thing to check out about Sohyun are her hosting skills. Shes really good and very natural on it, really known of it as well.

Thats why i was hoping for TTON to do good, because im hoping that maybe she will be able host the KBS Drama award this year again. :heart:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Frankly if tale of nokdu doesn't win big at the kbs drama awards I'll be pissed. The drama is fresh and unique not something you see every day. Just because it doesn't have big ratings it shouldn't be ignored. Most people watch dramas online these days. They need to consider other metrics. 

• Like 2

Some pictures of her fanmeeting and international fan support (obviously I'm enjoying bragging these since I'm part of these supports XD)

HongKong (2015), Taiwan (2016), Singapore (2016)

EZk-9Z2a.jpg

6i_Jst4v.jpg

N2sckB9o.jpg

Taiwan 2017

zE4Vc3El.jpg:medium

Japan 2018

V_mU0tea.jpg:medium

Korea 2019 (latest) -- I attended this fan meeting and it was worth flying to Korea *tears of joy* 

5KvAblWC.jpg:medium

Sohyun has a Korean fansite name called Stand By which has been supporting her since 2014. So I'll just be posting the international fan supports (I couldn't find pictures of all the rice wreaths given T_T)

Subway Banner Support for her 10th year anniv

DFD_BnOz.jpg:medium

Food trucks

Vietnam (for Radio Romance 2018)

757F6ZGz.jpg:medium

5 countries (for Love Alarm 2019)

Fvp09Z84.jpg:medium

The Tale of Nokdu 2019

D4ZG2Ba6.jpg:medium

I heard more international fans are preparing coffee trucks for The Tale of Nokdu :)

The list is not exhaustive (I couldn't find all the pictures). But yeah, Sohyun has a solid international fanbase

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, Mongsuk said:

Some pictures of her fanmeeting and international fan support (obviously I'm enjoying bragging these since I'm part of these supports XD)

HongKong (2015), Taiwan (2016), Singapore (2016)

EZk-9Z2a.jpg:medium

6i_Jst4v.jpg:large

N2sckB9o.jpg:medium

Taiwan 2017

zE4Vc3El.jpg:medium

Japan 2018

V_mU0tea.jpg:medium

Korea 2019 (latest)

5KvAblWC.jpg:medium

Sohyun has a Korean fansite name called Stand By which has been supporting her since 2014. So I'll just be posting the international fan supports (I couldn't find pictures of all the rice wreaths given T_T)

Subway Banner Support for her 10th year anniv

DFD_BnOz.jpg:medium

Food trucks

Vietnam (for Radio Romance 2018)

757F6ZGz.jpg:medium

5 countries (for Love Alarm 2019)

Fvp09Z84.jpg:medium

The Tale of Nokdu 2019

D4ZG2Ba6.jpg:medium

I heard more international fans are preparing coffee trucks for The Tale of Nokdu :)

The list is not exhaustive (I couldn't find all the pictures). But yeah, Sohyun has a solid international fanbase

I've been away from Soompi for so long so I don't have an idea why my pictures are not showing T_T can anybody help me? *cries*

2 minutes ago, Mongsuk said:

wow! Im amazed that Kim Sohyun haf quite a large fanbase. And dedicated too.

Its rare to get a dedicated fanbase for actresses as young as her.

Thanks for d list. I am so going to run thru the list.

Hopefully its all in english or i will be in trouble to understand whats written :sweatingbullets:.

I wish she do a fanmeeting tour again around asia. if SG it be awesome! :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, petunia said:

For a second there I thought  is she was the next lee seunggi or something. I saw the show her english was good but my early years of kpop taught me never to take practiced phrases seriously. I'm sure her skills are good though.

How old is her younger brother? Its hard to imagine kim sohyun isn't the younger sibling since she is only 20. Basically its hard to imagine anyone younger than her. Same reason I stopped following kpop groups. How can people born in 2000 be adults? 

If my memory is correct her brother is just 1 year younger than her, so he's born year 2000. Also, she was born in Australia and just moved to Korea when she became a bit older. I have this speculation that she might have Australian blood but just no clues or indication haha

I figure if she has almost 8 million followers she must have a decent amount of popularity. I don't know about hallyu does it even exist anymore? Love alarm was a definite global phenomenon but I wouldn't label it hallyu. China banning Korea killed the market and Japan hasn't had good relations with Korea these days. Kpop groups still managing to hold dome tours in Japan is an achievement. 

Her peak was around 2015-2016 so during that time Korea's conflict with China and Japan wasn't that big. I think back then the definition of hallyu is somebody who is popular overseas. I'm not sure if that's still the definition now.

1 hour ago, aineofcebu said:

You really sumed up everything @Mongsuk *high five :wub: (Im still riding a jeep from office to home so cant reply to each concern) 

Just to add, after her School 2015 which was her peak (both for local and intl fans most for females) she did 'Lets fight Ghost' which was her 1st lead in romcom and it boosted more on the number of her fanboys still for both :joy: but maybe more onto the international arena since it was left and right that those fan accounts were created and her aegyos (her 1st) are viewed by many :joy:

Another thing to check out about Sohyun are her hosting skills. Shes really good and very natural on it, really known of it as well.

Thats why i was hoping for TTON to do good, because im hoping that maybe she will be able host the KBS Drama award this year again. :heart:

I agree. She's also very good in hosting. You guys may want to try watching KBS Drama Awards 2015 wherein she was the main host (btw she was also the youngest presenter at age 17 (16 y.o internationally)). She also hosted multiple idol awards show. I watched Under19 because of her

Frankly if tale of nokdu doesn't win big at the kbs drama awards I'll be pissed. The drama is fresh and unique not something you see every day. Just because it doesn't have big ratings it shouldn't be ignored. Most people watch dramas online these days. They need to consider other metrics. 

I think this is one of the main reason why they create WAVE because many people watch online nowadays. Most of those who watch in TVs are older generations who obviously have different tastes. I was hoping Nokdujeon to be shown on Netflix, but being in WAVE is not a bad idea too

• Like 3

I am very surprised when checking the forum . So many fans of Sohyun are here. I am very happy :wub: Welcome to this forum :)) 

Her brother a year younger then her.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, superman26 said:

wow! Im amazed that Kim Sohyun haf quite a large fanbase. And dedicated too.

Its rare to get a dedicated fanbase for actresses as young as her.

Thanks for d list. I am so going to run thru the list.

Hopefully its all in english or i will be in trouble to understand whats written :sweatingbullets:.

I wish she do a fanmeeting tour again around asia. if SG it be awesome! :D

All are pictures only :) I suggest that you also check the dedicated Instagram accounts of her fans. Some of them do English translations. Her Philippine fanpage translated some of her Love Alarm interviews in English. For Chinese translations, Sohyun has 2 Chinese fansites and Taiwan fansite that you can check in weibo and facebook (respectively). For Vietnamese translations, KSH Raining Land on Facebook translates almost everything from videos to interviews (I feel they are the most dedicated). For Indonesian translations, you may follow ksh Indonesia in IG. They also have a youtube channel (Stayfine subs if my memory is correct) where they translate videos in Indo subs. For Thai translations, you may want to check KSH Thailand fanpage in twitter.

She recently went to Singapore Feb of this year to promote the Gentle Monster brand. Some of the fans were able to meet her. She also went last year for Love Alarm activities. Who knows, she might visit Singapore again :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mongsuk said:

KSH Raining Land on Facebook translates almost everything from videos to interviews (I feel they are the most dedicated).

Previously i rely on Raining Land for the eng subs of every Sohyun's video, they really are amazing in translating her video. But not sure why i dont see their eng sub videos anymore :dissapointed_relieved:

For those interested, KBS drama awards 2015 (eng subs) is available in youtube

• Like 2

6 hours ago, superman26 said:

saw Missing You. She partner alongside Yeo Jingoo. He is one of the child actor that have quite strong acting. Shall catch it after Page Turner. Thanks! :D

I hope they work together again soon~ 

5 hours ago, petunia said:

He’s 2 years younger? He graduated last year from high school. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aineofcebu said:

Sohyun ah, pls post a selfie with this truck pls.. My bongji heart is so happy 

I have a low key feeling that Taecyeon like likes so Hyun haha this is his second food truck that he sent to her.

heres a more gentler kiss from ruler rather than the other one where it seems like her neck might break lol 

• Like 1