✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

I'm a new kim sohyun fan since love alarm which I watched by accident and now I'm live watching tale of nokdu because of her. Before I only saw her in pure love but after love alarm I binge watched who are you and page turner. Kim sohyun was so cool and after watching her in tale of nokdu I'm a full fan. Next I want to watch bring it on ghost because everyone recommends it. Only recently I found out kim sohyun has a soompi forum so now I've made an account to support her. I'm even watching making videos for tale of nokdu and her laughter is contagious. I always thought sohyun has a shy personality but she is bright, witty and cheerful in the videos. I'm happy to join her fandom.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

53 minutes ago, petunia said:

I always thought sohyun has a shy personality (...)

Welcome. When you finish Let's Fight Ghost (you're going to love it!), try her Lifetime California trip:

It does tear down some myths about her being shy, reserved, quiet and serious.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, angrytomato said:

Welcome. When you finish Let's Fight Ghost (you're going to love it!), try her Lifetime California trip:

It does tear down some myths about her being shy, reserved, quiet and serious.

Thank you. I'll start bring it on ghost after I finish tale of nokdu but right now I'm angry they cancelled the episode tonight without notice. Is the video from a variety show?

23 minutes ago, petunia said:

Thank you. I'll start bring it on ghost after I finish tale of nokdu but right now I'm angry they cancelled the episode tonight without notice. Is the video from a variety show?

Yes ,ıt is variety show. She traveled alone to LA . 

After the radio show. She looks so beautiful altough she was tired.

EG0jlNQUcAA2EN8.jpg

EG1Y5kzUYAAbThP.jpg

• Like 4

On 10/13/2019 at 8:07 PM, elan1 said:

Yes! Me too! I want miss granny to happen! Because her character would be the titular character! Every show that came after school 2015, although she was the main female lead, the main central story wasn’t about her with the exception of love alarm . At least in my opinion. 

We never saw her comical acting yet which I surprisingly loved to bits.”

I think her comedy flair was more expressed in let’s fight ghost. She was so funny esp In that drunk scene. I think in tales of nokdu we see a different type of comical acting from her because it was more of a reaction to nokdu crazy antics which made the scenes more hilarious. I really want her to be miss granny because that character will require her to bring out more of her comedic chop. 

***for roles

@aineofcebu @Mongsuk@angrytomato @Breeze

i absolutely love revenge stories esp ones that tackle social injustice as well like chief kim, fiery priest, graceful family, empress ki. I want her to play a character who is amazing at martial arts and have a temper but love able at the time. Cold as winter in the outside but warm as spring in the inside. 

Miss Granny has been my year long wish to come true. Though I like most of her characters after School 2015, like you said she's not the main lead. It is hard to have a female centric lead in korean dramas, but I hope she breaks the norm and takes more centric roles. She's doing well in The Tale of Nokdu, but honestly I am a bit disappointed with her screen time. Can't complain, since she's not really the main lead for this one.

Hope we get good news soon about a new drama.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mongsuk said:

Miss Granny has been my year long wish to come true. Though I like most of her characters after School 2015, like you said she's not the main lead. It is hard to have a female centric lead in korean dramas, but I hope she breaks the norm and takes more centric roles. She's doing well in The Tale of Nokdu, but honestly I am a bit disappointed with her screen time. Can't complain, since she's not really the main lead for this one.

Hope we get good news soon about a new drama.

Is she not confirmed for miss granny? I was confused because it shows on her mdl page but I couldn't see it on her wikipage. Wasn't love alarm female centric because to me she was the main character. Thats why I became interested in her because of kim jojo and then who are you and page turner to me were female centric. I don't know about her other dramas but that is 3 dramas at least that I would call female centric. I don't feel her screentime in tale of nokdu is small even if it isn't dong ju centric but its full of many female characters even the male lead is dressed as a female almost always. I would call that a female centric drama as well compared to many other dramas that are currently airing. I'm upset to see the ratings for tale of nokdu fall because its a fresh and unique drama.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

27 minutes ago, petunia said:

she not confirmed for miss granny?

Unfortunately no confirmation, it was suppose to be cast and started filming near the end of 2018... the project might be dead. 

you are right, the main central story revolves around Kim Jojo in love alarm but for page turner, the central story revolved around ji soo character but her role was really big in that show too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, petunia said:

Is she not confirmed for miss granny? I was confused because it shows on her mdl page but I couldn't see it on her wikipage. Wasn't love alarm female centric because to me she was the main character. Thats why I became interested in her because of kim jojo and then who are you and page turner to me were female centric. I don't know about her other dramas but that is 3 dramas at least that I would call female centric. I don't feel her screentime in tale of nokdu is small even if it isn't dong ju centric but its full of many female characters even the male lead is dressed as a female almost always. I would call that a female centric drama as well compared to many other dramas that are currently airing. I'm upset to see the ratings for tale of nokdu fall because its a fresh and unique drama.

Love Alarm is a web drama while Page Turner is a 3 episode special drama so I didn't include them since I was pertaining to short weekday dramas (16 episodes). But both are female centric (I still consider Page Turner as Yoo Seul's drama). What I mean with female centric dramas are those where the center of the story revolves around the female lead haha. But it's nice to have a women village as a fresh concept :)

Unfortunately, we only heard of one article about Miss Granny and nothing more. So it might be just a rumor, or they are saving it for next year since a similar type of drama aired last 2018/19.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, elan1 said:

Unfortunately no confirmation, it was suppose to be cast and started filming near the end of 2018... the project might be dead. 

you are right, the main central story revolves around Kim Jojo in love alarm but for page turner, the central story revolved around ji soo character but her role was really big in that show too. 

I've seen the movie and I liked it a lot. Honestly I don't know why they want to make a drama out of it because the movie was perfect and I didn't see any plot points that can fit in a 16 episode drama format. I didn't think page tuner revolved around cha shik because yoon yooseul was the main character that connected everyone so to me she was the centre. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mongsuk said:

Love Alarm is a web drama while Page Turner is a 3 episode special drama so I didn't include them since I was pertaining to short weekday dramas (16 episodes). But both are female centric (I still consider Page Turner as Yoo Seul's drama). What I mean with female centric dramas are those where the center of the story revolves around the female lead haha. But it's nice to have a women village as a fresh concept :)

Unfortunately, we only heard of one article about Miss Granny and nothing more. So it might be just a rumor, or they are saving it for next year since a similar type of drama aired last 2018/19.

Ok I didn't consider it from that point because I just see them all as dramas not by their platforms and episode length. I don't think I like the idea of remaking a movie which I loved because in my head I'll just keep comparing them. To me its like when they make movies out of novels but the movie never lives up to the original novel. I don't like remakes for that reason and shim eunkyung was too good in the role I don't want to constantly compare kim sohyun to her. Are there any other offers shes considering? What about movies? I noticed she didn't do any new ones after pure love. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

5 minutes ago, petunia said:

they want to make a drama out of it because the movie was perfect and I didn't see any plot points that can fit in a 16 episode drama format.

I think they can easily add new things in a drama format like maybe miss granny goes to school/college with her grandkids lol she can learn and do things that she always wanted to do but couldn’t when she was younger due to being a single mother. She can help turn the life of the family around. She can be like a daughter to her daughter in law lollll she can like reach out to the senior community and help spread awareness and fight social injustice for the seniors. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, petunia said:

Are there any other offers shes considering? What about movies? I noticed she didn't do any new ones after pure love. 

Most Korean actors/actresses don’t usually have other projects line up when they’re still filming a current drama. Normally new projects gets announced months later or sometimes they take long breaks. She’s one of the more active actors which is wonderful for us fans. 

there hasn’t been any other projects that has been announced publicly. 

• Like 3

Just now, elan1 said:

I think they can easily add new things in a drama format like maybe miss granny goes to school/college with her grandkids lol she can learn and do things that she always wanted to do but couldn’t when she was younger due to being a single mother. She can help turn the life of the family around. She can be like a daughter to her daughter in law lollll she can like reach out to the senior community and help spread awareness and fight social injustice for the seniors. 

I don't know that just sounds like plot for the sake of plot. The whole point of miss granny was rediscover and redo a life of regrets and the message of family and taking loved ones for granted. If they turn it into a drama I'm worried they'll focus more on the romance aspect of it which would be very awkward or they turn it into a gag comedy like welcome to waikiki which would miss out on the original message. Unless they have a rock solid writer who knows exactly what plots they want to explore I don't want them to make it into a drama. Look at the mess they did with beauty inside which was a poignant movie. The only good thing about that was the chemistry between the actors but writing was a mess.

• Insightful 4

2 minutes ago, angrytomato said:

Of, course, Love Alarm season II :phew:

Yes absolutely. I'd be mad if there wasn't any season 2 considering the cliffhanger they dropped us with. Why won't netflix announce anything? They're as bad as kbs.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, elan1 said:

Most Korean actors/actresses don’t usually have other projects line up when they’re still filming a current drama. Normally new projects gets announced months later or sometimes they take long breaks. She’s one of the more active actors which is wonderful for us fans. 

there hasn’t been any other projects that has been announced publicly. 

These days I've seen actors announcing new dramas or movies even before they finish the one they have so I thought maybe kim sohyun has some other offers. She did do 2 dramas this year so I guess she needs some rest before the new of season of love alarm which they must renew unless they want angry fans. 

• LOL 2