✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

âTale Of Nok-Duâ Kicks Off With Great Premiere Ratings

“Tale Of Nok-Du” Kicks Off With Great Premiere Ratings

KBS2’s “Tale of Nok-Du,” which premiered September 30, is off to a great start!

“Tale of Nok-Du” is a romantic comedy set in the Joseon era that tells the story of Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community, and Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan).

According to Nielsen Korea on November 1, the premiere of “Tale of Nok-Du” recorded 5.6 and 7.1 percent ratings, already an impressive 3.1 percent increase from the finale of its predecessor, “I Wanna Hear Your Song.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355999wpp/tale-of-nok-du-kicks-off-with-great-premiere-ratings

It is good ratings. Because monday-tuesday 's dramas 's ratings are so low, around 3. And tale of Nokdu 's reatings 7.1.:D

Also the highest rating has reached 9% , daebak

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

[HanCinema's News] Kim So-hyun Appears at Press Event for "The Tale of Nokdu"

photo1106167.jpg

On September 30th the cast and crew of "The Tale of Nokdu" appeared at a press event in Seoul to talk about the drama. South Korean media was on the scene to document the event, in particular the fetching blue outfit worn by lead actress Kim So-hyun.

photo1106166.jpg

"The Tale of Nokdu" is a Joseon era romantic comedy. Kim So-hyun has already had a strong year by appearing in the Netflix drama "Love Alarm", and "The Tale of Nokdu" further combines her presence in youthful minded comedies with historical costume dramas.

photo1106165.jpg

"The Tale of Nokdu" is Kim So-hyun's first historical costume drama since "Ruler: Master of the Mask"in 2017. Her leading man in "The Tale of Nokdu" is Jang Dong-yoon and the drama started the same day as the press conference in the ten PM slot on KBS.

Written by William Schwartz

"The Tale of Nokdu" is directed by Kang Soo-yeon-II, Kim Dong-hwi, written by Baek So-yeon, Lim Ye-jin, and features Jang Dong-yoon, Kim So-hyun, Kang Tae-oh, Jung Joon-ho, Kim Tae-woo, Yoon Yoo-sun. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/09/30~Now airing, Mon, Tue 22:00 on KBS.

photo1106164.jpg

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-kim-so-hyun-appears-at-press-event-for-the-tale-of-nokdu-134095.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 3

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Talk About Their Characters In âTale Of Nok-Duâ And Make Ratings Promise

Jang Dong Yoon And Kim So Hyun Talk About Their Characters In “Tale Of Nok-Du” And Make Ratings Promise

The cast of “Tale of Nok-Du” shared their thoughts on preparing for their roles!

On September 30, Jang Dong Yoon, Kim So Hyun, Kang Tae Oh, Jung Joon Ho, and director Kim Dong Hwi participated in the press conference for KBS 2TV’s “Tale of Nok-Du.”

“Tale of Nok-Du” is a fun romantic comedy set in the Joseon era that tells the story of Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community, and Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan).

Jang-Dong-Yoon-Kim-So-Hyun-Kang-Tae-Oh-J

On casting Jang Dong Yoon for the role of Jeon Nok Du, director Kim Dong Hwi shared that he held many auditions in order to find the right actor, explaining he met nearly every young actor who was actively promoting. He shared, “When I met Jang Dong Yoon, I got the feeling it was him right away. His acting was good, and his voice was also good. Above all, the thing I was most worried about as a director was that we have to use computer graphics [to cover up] the male actor’s Adam’s apple. However, Jang Dong Yoon barely has an Adam’s apple.”

Jang Dong Yoon also shared that there was nothing much he could do to prepare for his character’s appearance except lose weight, while giving credit to the director and make-up team for his transformation. He explained that he thought changing his voice while disguising himself as a girl was the best way to distinguish his character. He said, “While of course there are women with low-pitched voices, I had to show a difference. It couldn’t be too high of a tone to make it comical, so I prepared a lot and had many discussions to find a middle ground.” Jang Dong Yoon also talked about using a more lighthearted way of talking rather than the typical, serious sageuk (Korean historical drama) tone.

Kim-So-Hyun-XPN.jpg

Meanwhile, Kim So Hyun talked about the similarities she has with her character. She said, “Honestly, I’m not good with my hands. However, I’m like Dong Joo in the sense that I say all that needs to be said, and I’m not meticulous or detailed-oriented. I also have a fire-like personality.”

The actress also brought up the fact that many people on set talked about how pretty Jang Dong Yoon was while dressing up as a woman, jokingly commenting on how he was prettier than her. However, she explained that she didn’t focus on talk of who was prettier between the two because her character isn’t the type to care about appearances.

Furthermore, Kang Tae Oh talked about playing Cha Yul Mu, a great chef who’s known Dong Dong Joo since they were young. As his character wasn’t originally in the webtoon, Kang Tae Oh shared that he thought long and hard about making the drama more interesting without breaking the flow of the original story.

Jung Joon Ho, who plays the role of King Gwanghae, talked about watching movies and dramas about his character to prepare for the role. He shared, “He seemed like a pitiful king who was lonely and obsessed over authority while living each day precariously.” Jung Joon Ho explained that he did his best to portray his character in anguish.

Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun also recently appeared on KBS Cool FM’s “Jung Eun Ji’s Music Plaza,” where they talked about their chemistry. Jang Dong Yoon revealed, “The director worried to the point he said, ‘You two can’t act too much like siblings. This is a romantic comedy.'”

Jang Dong Yoon also made a promise if they were to achieve high viewership ratings. Jang Dong Yoon said, “Realistically, if the first broadcast gets more than 6 percent [in viewership ratings], I want to pour dongdongju (sweet rice wine) for the fans. I also want to sing Jang Beom June’s ‘Your Shampoo Scent in the Flowers’ live while having a drink.”

“Tale of Nok-Du” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355997wpp/jang-dong-yoon-and-kim-so-hyun-talk-about-their-characters-in-tale-of-nok-du-and-make-ratings-promise

• Like 3

Dong Dong Jo scenes at the river were really sensual. Our baby has become an adult woman.

But I've got a little complaint: there are two times DDJ was about to be killed or executed and, in both of them, a man came to the rescue while she was unable to solve the trouble she got into. I really wanted to avoid feeling Ruler vibes, but I started to feel Ruler vibes :(. I really pray for the writer-nim to not making her another damsel in distress, specially when the drama is about women who can live on their own and kick some ***es if it's needed. Let's hope the following episodes bring us a stronger and smarter Dong Dong Jo.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

35 minutes ago, angrytomato said:

Dong Dong Jo scenes at the river were really sensual. Our baby has become an adult woman.

But I've got a little complaint: there are two times DDJ was about to be killed or executed and, in both of them, a man came to the rescue while she was unable to solve the trouble she got into. I really wanted to avoid feeling Ruler vibes, but I started to feel Ruler vibes :(. I really pray for the writer-nim to not making her another damsel in distress, specially when the drama is about women who can live on their own and kick some ***es if it's needed. Let's hope the following episodes bring us a stronger and smarter Dong Dong Jo.

I wouldn’t call her character a damsel in distress. The guys who intervened is just humans supporting another human being. It’s not her character didn’t do nothing But crying and waiting for a “man” to rescue her.  Her reaction when she was about to be executed was a normal reaction of any human despite gender, for Nokdu to stand up for her/him was a oddity (and he did it thinking she was a man). He is a good guy.

I totally understand the ruler PTSD. Judging from the first episode, we don’t have to worry. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

43 minutes ago, angrytomato said:

She save other people but saved by  the men  :D 

New still cuts of ep 3-4

EFxMgaDUUAA4RTP.jpg

EFxMhFSVUAA3HDl.jpg

Spoiler

EFxMhVJVAAYBe_S.jpg

EFxMhlkUwAAD0sM.jpg

Standby uptade

EFxZqaQUUAAgLWG.jpg

Spoiler

EFxZqaSU0AAhQlx.jpg

Spoiler

EFxZqaSU4AANIjE.jpg

• Like 3

@elan1, I'm not talking about helpless crying but lack of intelligence. OK, saving the 12 yo girl was an impulsive act, but before that she was about to kill the King of Joseon (!). And no plans of escape, no explanations... just staying there, blank, just waiting to be executed (not before a long and nasty torture session, I guess).

This is a natural behavior. I would stay blank too, you would stay and many people would do the same. But then there comes Nok-du or the handsome chef guy and solves the situation in just two minutes. I want to see that resolution and intelligence in a woman... oh, wait, the village's mistress was also smart: it's always KSH's character who is lacking, at least since Go Eun-byeol and Kim Hyun-ji.

Anyway, just two episodes. I really hope this is going to be better for JDD and for us Kim So-hyun followers.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, angrytomato said:

@elan1, I'm not talking about helpless crying but lack of intelligence. OK, saving the 12 yo girl was an impulsive act, but before that she was about to kill the King of Joseon (!). And no plans of escape, no explanations... just staying there, blank, just waiting to be executed (not before a long and nasty torture session, I guess).

This is a natural behavior. I would stay blank too, you would stay and many people would do the same. But then there comes Nok-du or the handsome chef guy and solves the situation in just two minutes. I want to see that resolution and intelligence in a woman... oh, wait, the village's mistress was also smart: it's always KSH's character who is lacking, at least since Go Eun-byeol and Kim Hyun-ji.

Anyway, just two episodes. I really hope this is going to be better for JDD and for us Kim So-hyun followers.

I see what you are saying and I agree that I wish she had more smarts. Dong Joo Joo was described early on before the show aired as an impulsive character, not afraid to say what she thinks. Unfortunately she may lack Intelligence in certain areas, But she makes up for in other departments such as being willing to fight for injustice despite her limits. 

• Like 2