✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

Guest guacamole

Oh look! Mr. Profound guy is beside her again, and now he's not wearing a Profound shirt! What a life changing event lol 

lol :lol: Tho I will miss his Profound shirts crying2-onion-head-emoticon.gifI am just happy he is back because during Anniel event the photographers wasn't able to take a picture of Sohyun with him and I was worried he was fired by Sohyun's mom :tears: haha lol I feel calm when Sohyun is with him haha He looks dependable :P He is like a protective older brother of Sohyun B):lol:If Sohyun's little bro is with them it will be a perfect picture :P Sohyun is the only princess of their family~

Video and Pictures of Kim Sohyun during the Blue Road event of Pocari Sweat

adorable ... the way she drinks the water ... so delicate :)

Was Sohyun able to ride her bike in this event? :P Sporty Sohyun~

haha adorable expression~ The sun is too hot B)

Edited by guacamole
privacy

Thank you so much kshyunvn for the great Pocari photos - ESPECIALLY this one - easily my favourite:

1391320_1464476287215042_468284582_n.jpg

I just love that cute innocence in her screwed up smiling face. :)

Please forgive the long post, but I'm kinda JUST A LITTLE EXCITED  about this. A couple of moths ago, I entered a contest to win a copy of the Who Are You: School 2015 OST from dewaanifordrama at  Samsoon Down the Rabbit Hole 

Then I found out I won, which was nice. It finally arrived today, and I was blown away but what came with it. I mean, I'm a 47 year old man, and I nearly shrieked like a teenage girl and passed out from excitement! I had no idea  AT ALL that the package I was receiving was actually THIS: 

kshcd.jpg

I was so speechless I could barely even squee! I was excited when she started following me on Twitter, but now I'm going to be SUPER careful about what I say there. :D 

Wow! Congratulations! She even wrote in English~ :wub: ...wahhh I really envy you, but that's your reward for being a dedicated fan. So happy for you! :lol::lol::lol: For me, School 2015 has the best OST ever.

• Like 4

Guest guacamole

@ stuartjmz :  woow you got an autograph from Sohyun :D Lucky~

Kim Sohyun IG UPDATE 

BTS Photoshoot of Hazzys accessories 

CO-3iAUUsAI0JXy.jpg

pretty ~ :wub::wub:

CO-3iD2U8AAkSuQ.jpg

CO-3iiaVEAACRBv.jpg 

Kor: 화보촬영장 비하인드컷이에요~ 행복한하루 되세요♥

Eng: This is pictorial shooting BTS picture~ Have a happy day

trans credit: ktranslate

Kim Sohyun BTS Dominos Pizza with Kim Woobin

CO2fwGXVEAAf3YV.jpg

Chef Sohyun ~ 

I wish she can join a contemporary drama or movie about cooking someday :D

BTS video Here

150913 FanCam of Kim Sohyun at Blue Road event of Pocari Sweat 

Collection Inspiration IG update 

photo taken 2015.9.11

Edited by guacamole

[NEW DRAMA] So Hyun will star in a web drama with BTOB's MinHyuk produced by her agency SidusHQ. The details are posted on the IG post but not all are yet confirmed since both agencies are not releasing any statement, yet. Honestly I don't know anything about how web drama works and how it fares in Korea, but it seems a good and lighter job for So Hyun as it's shorter and probably less hassle than a normal primetime drama (talking about live shooting and all). Judging from this, SidusHQ and Cube ent. seems to have a good relationship. I read about Min Hyuk's drama history and I hope this fares well (btw, they have a 9-year age difference IRL if you're curious). I'm a Taebi shipper so there are mixed feelings lol

Edited by TinnieBoom
  • Like 3

in my interpretation, i think web drama is like a short film, that being stretch or compile into 8 to 12 episodes. At the beginning, its mostly a platform for up and coming or rookies idols/actors to have a stint in acting. This though have been changed recently as more quality (though sometimes cheesy) web dramas are produced, and the casting of much more experienced actor/actress. I can't say that web drama make a real impact on the current entertainment world in Korea, but its heading to a right direction as a whole in Korea(and including the rest of the world), as we are going digital. It may be short but its certainly have its own appeal if done correctly. I myself have watched a few and there are even some that are in my favorite list.

So, this news about SoHyun in a web drama doesnt really surprise me as her friends like Yo Joong and Sae Ron also did web drama recently. In fact I was wondering when she will be in one and this news sort of ending my speculation. Nevertheless so happy that she is in a new project and am looking forward to it. Just hoping that the story and script writing are good.

Edited by godhunters
  • Like 1

in my interpretation, i think web drama is like a short film, that being stretch or compile into 8 to 12 episodes. At the beginning, its mostly a platform for up and coming or rookies idols/actors to have a stint in acting. This though have been changed recently as more quality (though sometimes cheesy) web dramas are produced, and the casting of much more experienced actor/actress. I can't say that web drama make a real impact on the current entertainment world in Korea, but its heading to a right direction as a whole in Korea(and including the rest of the world), as we are going digital. It may be short but its certainly have its own appeal if done correctly. I myself have watched a few and there are even some that are in my favorite list.

So, this news about SoHyun in a web drama doesnt really surprise me as her friends like Yo Joong and Sae Ron also did web drama recently. In fact I was wondering when she will be in one and this news sort of ending my speculation. Nevertheless so happy that she is in a new project and am looking forward to it. Just hoping that the story and script writing are good.

Oh I see, thank you for that information. It's actually my first time hearing about the mechanics of a web drama, thought it's similar to 45 minutes to 1 hour dramas shown in television. The plot seems interesting and I'm looking forward to the progress of the story. What I really like about the dramas So Hyun stars in is its diversity. I wonder if these dramas are subbed in English? (coz I will really watch this drama no matter what lol) I'm curious why no announcement from both Cube and SidusHQ is happening given that the shooting already started. And yeah SidusHQ and Cube entertainment had a partnership since 2013.

I think this link talks about So Hyun (and BTOB I think) but I'm not really sure since I can't read Korean

https://translate.google.com.ph/translate?hl=en&sl=ko&u=http://www.kookje.co.kr/news2011/asp/newsbody.asp%3Fcode%3D0500%26key%3D20150917.99002004755&prev=search

Elite Uniform making

Edited by TinnieBoom
  • Like 2

@TinnieBoom, I don't think you need to worry about the subs as more subber teams are subbing web drama recently, due to several factors:

1. The popular actor/actress in some web drama

2. Web drama is short and thus make it easy to sub. (from about 10 mins to max of 25 mins per episode)

3. Whether we like it or not, web drama is currently the trend lol.

So, i have no doubt that a web drama with Sohyun and a BTOB members will be sub, though it might take some time before it actually being sub. If there are enough popularity in that drama, chances of it being subs real fast is good, so keep your finger cross.

• Like 1

Guest guacamole

Kim Sohyun IG update

201509180522351.jpg

Kor: 영화'순정'

Eng: Movie Pure Love

--

201509180521581.jpg

I wanna hold your hand ♪ ♫ ♬

OT

201509180524151.jpg

can we have a picture of Sohyun and him :P or not~

Kim Sohyun with Yook Sungjae for elite cf

tumblr_nuulk8Tkjo1ucjhrro3_1280.jpg

shy Sohyun ^_^:wub:

For Full Video of BTS of elite uniform Link :  Here

--

about the web drama I think views/clicks are important so it might be best to watch it on naver first before watching it in other sites?

@TinnieBoom well, i am not sure about the view count on web drama but it is better and encourage to watch it first on naver. Already feeling excited about this as it include horror cum fantasy. need a bit of that to get me away from the real life for a moment. here another SoHyun update, telling us to expect a lot from the web drama if the translation is correct :)

• Like 2

hmmm Idk I'm a bit disappointed that she's in a  web drama. For me, one of the woes of being in a big agency like sidus is that popular actresses like sohyun who is obligated to star in dramas to help boost recognition of other actors/idols. I kind of get the feeling that she chose this project because she wanted to but rather her agency is making her do it:/ I like minhyuk and don't have anything against him, but I want sohyun to start being a little more picky with her roles and choose good quality dramas. it's like her mom and agency doesn't understand that quality is always over quantity. And why do they pair her with so many idols? idol fangirls are scary and there are plenty of young and talented rookie actors. Not to mention, as we have been saying, she needs rest... she looked soo tired during pure love and filming barely ended... sorry for being negative. I'm still excited but Im more concerned for her well-being. 

• Like 6

hmmm Idk I'm a bit disappointed that she's in a  web drama. For me, one of the woes of being in a big agency like sidus is that popular actresses like sohyun who is obligated to star in dramas to help boost recognition of other actors/idols. I kind of get the feeling that she chose this project because she wanted to but rather her agency is making her do it:/ I like minhyuk and don't have anything against him, but I want sohyun to start being a little more picky with her roles and choose good quality dramas. it's like her mom and agency doesn't understand that quality is always over quantity. And why do they pair her with so many idols? idol fangirls are scary and there are plenty of young and talented rookie actors. Not to mention, as we have been saying, she needs rest... she looked soo tired during pure love and filming barely ended... sorry for being negative. I'm still excited but Im more concerned for her well-being. 

I know and feel about your concern as i, like you and the rest are genuine worry about her health too but like you say, its more like her agency who choose this for her. I don't know but i think she is doing it because she feel like she is able to do it even though she just finish the movie filming.and partly i think she did it also because of her mom, no?,and she loves her mom dearly as we can see. On the other hand, i 100% agree with you about her being cast in certain project to boost the popularity of other idols/actors. That's the nature of entertainment industry, not only in Korea but through out the world.

As for idols and their fangirls part, well, that can't be avoid. Sooner of late, even if she reject this web drama, she will still be cast with idols in future drama/movies. That's one thing I hate about the Korean casting system nowadays. Unlike older times, now, they tend to prefer idols more in their project, and not giving chance to rookies actor/actress which work so hard to earn a role. Its all about business in the end.

I am sure our girl even though is young, is able to handle the fangirl part professionally, and seriously i hope this is her last project for 2015. SoHyun.....ah....take a rest, get some new inspiration, and take times to pick a really good project.

• Like 5

Honestly I thought that So Hyun was "forced" (not actually, but more like not because she wants to but she needs to) to act in this drama since the producer is her agency but didn't mind it, but since many of you brought up the subject, I am now thinking if that's really the case. Like everybody else in this forum I'm worried about her health since she didn't have enough rest, a legit long one on top of that, but is going to film again for this drama. I don't know what her agency (and mom) is thinking casting her in several productions this year. More like overexposing her to different types of audience and genre? Since at the moment she can only act in High School dramas if she wants a lead role, and there are few non-High school dramas which have female leads suitable for her age. I'm guessing that they might fear miscasting her if she does another HS drama similar to School 2015 (but that's just my two cents). Pure Love is a bit different since it's not really a HS drama but more like a love story of childhood friends.

With regards to her acting with idols, that's inevitable. There are few actors around her age who can pair up with her (I can only think of Yeo Jin Goo and Kwak Dong Yeon), and since the target population of HS themed dramas are students, it's better to put an idol to get attention. I guess that's one of the reasons why actors/actresses have prejudice with acting idols. Even I have doubts watching a drama if the lead is an idol. Though I feel she is quite aware of the fangirls' capabilities and rabidness. She is more careful around KyungSoo than she is with SungJae, then I realized the fangirls of EXO. Plus I observed she's not really clingy when it comes to guys, she only looks at them but never touches them. She's the reserved type. So the fangirls don't need to worry that much.  

Edited by TinnieBoom
  • Like 3

Guest guacamole

Kim Sohyun IG update 

[KOR] 5년전 '파괴된사나이'에서 엄기준선배님과~
[ENG] 5 years ago, on 'Man of Vendetta' with Uhm Ki Joon sunbae-nim~

---

I don't think she looks tired.  I don't know but she looks perky in the recent Pocari sweat event [150913] 

tumblr_nuvkgwJRO41ucjhrro1_400.jpg

If its about this new picture -->

tumblr_nuvl4eiRwP1ucjhrro1_250.jpg

haha I think she posted it because of exo fans. She just posted a picture of her with a kid and DO which coincides with the picture release of her holding hands with DO in a another site and same old story, some exo fans don't want their oppa close with another opposite sex so they are obligated to post threats in Sohyun's IG account acting cute at first with smileys then ending it with words like "drop dead" in different language or evil emoticons soo yeaa I think Sohyun is tired ....of seeing those things.

I feel really relieve and thankful that Mr Profound guy is with Sohyun than her mom because I don't think Sohyun's mom can handle saesang fans of DO. Nope. Not at all. They're too enthusiastic. 

That picture was also taken during the day she posted this -

150912Kor: 기분좋은하루~ Eng:  A day with a great feeling~ 

tumblr_nuvl4eiRwP1ucjhrro2_250.jpg

:D

I was really surprised because of the news, I really want her to rest, she end school 2015 and inmediatly started filming Pure Love, and then she end Pure Love and start with this new web drama, I'm happy but still worried about her health, I hope Sidushq can give her a deserve rest because she is still a teen and they forget that... btw Fighting in the new drama to our sohyun :) 

• Like 4