✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

With all these good news, I really feel that she will hit her second break through a mega hit project soonest. 

I hope there are rumours what will be her nexy project under CD after RWTMR. 

1 hour ago, elan1 said:

So far under ET banner, she received international love due to love alarm and tales of nokdu :) so although they didn’t consistently manage her well, her career continued to rise due to her diligent efforts(hence her rapidly growing fan base as seen on IG) and a little bit of good luck 

Well, I cannot give credit to E&T for landing So Hyun roles for LA and TTON. Remember that the writers of those dramas prefer So Hyun because of her 100% resemblance with the characters and also her brilliant acting. How I wish E&T managed to secure her a project from reputable writers or PD during her time with the agency. Anyways, it is already over and let us move forward for a brighter future for our girl. 

• Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

14 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Me too :) I am so happy. A lot of good news in a day ;) 

I feel like dancing on the street 

:hahah!:

2 minutes ago, Erick Miranda said:

With all these good news, I really feel that she will hit her second break through a mega hit project soonest. 

I hope there are rumours what will be her nexy project under CD after RWTMR. 

I will start a fake rumor: Kim So Hyun is in talks to star in Hong Sisters Fantasy Historical Sorcery drama, and here is my fake storyline, “she will play as a young mage who unwillingly joins a sorcery academy that frowns on her usage of black magic and her unconventional ways of developing to become a stronger mage. During an outdoor assignment in a forest, she stumbles upon an elf village, and that’s where she meets the ML who is the village shaman apprentice. Due to her dabbling in both white and black magic, she becomes one of the strongest mages of all time. She uses her magical abilities including her black magic that was shunned to defeat all forces of evil that tries to overtake the kingdom.” :joy:

19 minutes ago, Erick Miranda said:

Well, I cannot give credit to E&T for landing So Hyun roles for LA and TTON. Remember that the writers of those dramas prefer So Hyun because of her 100% resemblance with the characters and also her brilliant acting. How I wish E&T managed to secure her a project from reputable writers or PD during her time with the agency. Anyways, it is already over and let us move forward for a brighter future for our girl. 

that is true, you are right :lol:

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

22 minutes ago, Erick Miranda said:

Hong Sisters are either hit or miss, and I don't want So Hyun to star in a saeguk again after RWTMR. I want her to pull off a Cheong Song Yi character of MLFTS in the future because I miss the funny and RickRoll'D Kim So Hyun. 

I would love for her to do a straight up comedy too! She showed much comedy comedy chops in let’s fight ghost and tales of nokdu :lol:

Sohyun, your achievements is so many. You did well, so well that even naysayers are tongue tied :wub: proud of you! 

my wish too :)

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

43 minutes ago, elan1 said:

I feel like dancing on the street 

:hahah!:

I will start a fake rumor: Kim So Hyun is in talks to star in Hong Sisters Fantasy Historical Sorcery drama, and here is my fake storyline, “she will play as a young mage who unwillingly joins a sorcery academy that frowns on her usage of black magic and her unconventional ways of developing to become a stronger mage. During an outdoor assignment in a forest, she stumbles upon an elf village, and that’s where she meets the ML who is the village shaman apprentice. Due to her dabbling in both white and black magic, she becomes one of the strongest mages of all time. She uses her magical abilities including her black magic that was shunned to defeat all forces of evil that tries to overtake the kingdom.” :joy:

Omg this sound awesome. Is this a movie plot or did you come up with yourself? I really want to see her in a psychological thriller.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

10 Most Searched Dramas In Korea (Based On January 18 Data)

most-searched-kdrama-daum-01182021-cover-680x384.jpg

Which dramas do you think Koreans are searching the most for? Which current drama catches the curiosity of Koreans?

Daum has a ranking of the most searched dramas in Korea with an hourly ranking. Being searched online does not mean that these dramas are the most watched, but it is the most issued dramas of the moment.

This list is based on the data of January 18 (10:36 AM KST).

5. "River Where The Moon Rises"

The KBS historical drama "River Where The Moon Rises" with Kim SoHyun and Ji Soo will air in February and is already searched with the release of the first pictures this morning.

https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-searched-dramas-in-korea-based-on-january-18-data/

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, elan1 said:

I will start a fake rumor: Kim So Hyun is in talks to star in Hong Sisters Fantasy Historical Sorcery drama, and here is my fake storyline, “she will play as a young mage who unwillingly joins a sorcery academy that frowns on her usage of black magic and her unconventional ways of developing to become a stronger mage. During an outdoor assignment in a forest, she stumbles upon an elf village, and that’s where she meets the ML who is the village shaman apprentice. Due to her dabbling in both white and black magic, she becomes one of the strongest mages of all time. She uses her magical abilities including her black magic that was shunned to defeat all forces of evil that tries to overtake the kingdom.” 

Remember last year we had a very long drought and started rumors? Lol

your plot sounds like a HP and LOTR crossover :approves:

aside from goblin, she hasn’t done fantasy right? And I would love for her to be in a Hong sister drama. But I’ve been reading a lot of comments in KP about their hit and miss stat. So maybe after their next project? :glasses:

And I’m starting a rumor that she’s in talks to lead a modern day makjang drama (since makjang these days are totally hit :D) alongside YSH. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

Cr:wowhellosohyun

Saw a comment saying almost 80% of the story frm the novel is abt politics bt its interesting. And dat the first meeting btwn Pyeonggang and Ondal frm Ondal perspective is interesting as well and the scale of the story is big. Super curious abt the storyline!! Cnt wait to watch!!

So I think in the novel she was not an assassin/warrior? So I guess that was an addition to the character. So it became a political action historical drama.

According to this comment Sohyun's character is different from the novel .

Soompi Facebook page. Sohyun's photos received 40.000 likes :yaaa:

Resim

cr:santokkii23 -twitter

• Blob 2

Actress Kim So Hyun decided to join Jun Ji Hyun’s Agency

She has found her new company to stick with in the future!

Kim So Hyun

Immediately after leaving the entertainment company E&T STORY, actress Kim So Hyun decided to join Jun Ji Hyun’s agency, Culture Depot.

According to Culture Depot’s press release today, the Company has confirmed Kim So Hyun will be the latest actress to join their burgeoning lineup of actors.

“We recently signed an exclusive contract with Kim So Hyun.”

Kim So Hyun had her first share after joining Culture Depot “I am grateful that I can let you know about the good news as I start the new year. I will try to show even more improvement through the works I participate in for the future. Please look forward to it and send me your support. ” Kim So Hyun shared.

Currently, Kim So Hyun is preparing for her upcoming KBS drama River Where the Moon Rises, which will air in February as well as Netflix’s Love Alarm 2, which will be released later in the year.

https://lovekpop95.com/2021/01/18/actress-kim-so-hyun-decided-to-join-jun-ji-hyuns-agency/

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, kimjojo said:

Omg this sound awesome. Is this a movie plot or did you come up with yourself? I really want to see her in a psychological thriller.

@kimjojo you accidentally quoted a moving gif/moving emoticon, I don’t think it’s allowed in the forum :P

Thank You, I just quickly made it up :lol: psychological thriller will be fun too, to see her play someone with split personalities would be interesting :)

4 hours ago, Breeze said:

5. "River Where The Moon Rises"

The KBS historical drama "River Where The Moon Rises" with Kim SoHyun and Ji Soo will air in February and is already searched with the release of the first pictures this morning.

thank you VC for promoting moon river so effectively :heart:

4 hours ago, yeli said:

Remember last year we had a very long drought and started rumors? Lol

your plot sounds like a HP and LOTR crossover

LOL I do remember, it helped us cope through our misery of waiting for new news for her :joy:

I love Harry Potter and lord of the rings, that would be so much fun if she could star in a drama that combines characteristics from those two projects :glasses:

4 hours ago, yeli said:

aside from goblin, she hasn’t done fantasy right? And I would love for her to be in a Hong sister drama. But I’ve been reading a lot of comments in KP about their hit and miss stat. So maybe after their next project? :glasses:

thats right unless you also count let’s fight ghost as a fantasy? But maybe it’s more of a comedy horror lol 

4 hours ago, yeli said:

And I’m starting a rumor that she’s in talks to lead a modern day makjang drama (since makjang these days are totally hit :D) alongside YSH. 

LOL they should definitely make a Makjang drama that focuses more on college students with YSH, LJW, Rowon, and Kim Min Jae and seo ji hoon. They could make it a crazy harem drama, where she has polygamy relationship and is in open relationship like an empress with male consorts :joy:

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

So I think in the novel she was not an assassin/warrior? So I guess that was an addition to the character. So it became a political action historical drama.

maybe it’s a mix between novel and the folklore because in the folktale, she is good at fighting and she trains ondal in fighting. I’m glad for the addition :) 

@Breeze you have to combine your two posts together because it’s not an hour apart. Yeah difficult rules to follow :( edit the older post and copy and paste in the article and delete the content in the other post by writing “mod if reading, please delete post” 

Sohyun versatility is remarkable :heart:

• Blob 2

9 hours ago, elan1 said:

I hope that even if she hits it big that it doesn’t mean she will slow down. JJH and her peers has such a small list of projects to their name, it’s really disconcerting even though they are super famous. They are generally only known for a few of their popular projects and then they will focus on endorsements mostly. I want her to tackle many, many different roles throughout her lifetime. I hope she chooses acting over endorsements. I ultimately hope she continues to love acting with all her heart :) 

I hope she works with park ji Eun someday too. I hope sohyun next project will be a high school or college or that Hong Sisters fantasy sorcery drama we heard about. I absolutely loved Hotel Del Luna. I hope she continues to pick quality dramas even if it’s not lead by a well known director or writer. Quality is the most important thing. Many of the famous writers and directors had stumbled recently. Writer Kes with eternal monarch,  Director of Backstreet , Start up writer, and so forth. So famous writers and directors are not guaranteed to deliver hits.

I’m not going to place too much hope on culture depot but place most hope on sohyun bright wisdom and discernment. If we put too much hope on culture depot, the potential of disappointment will be higher. It’s still a relatively young agency founded in 2012. And I noticed park min young and  jo jung Suk left it, it makes me wonder why :P I wouldn’t be surprise if sohyun leaves the agency in a few years. Actors and actresses leave agencies all the time, I just hope the time she has at culture depot, she will be happy and taken care of. 

in my opinion, I think she already hit the  jackpot and is working with the best production team, even better than studio dragon... Victory Contents :heart:

I am same with you, not putting too much hope in culture depot. I’ve noticed this one-mega star agencies, like culture depot and vast, tend to focus on the one mega star but not the other actors and actresses. If the agencies don’t plan to utilize good resources to support them, it’s really unfair to these actors/actresses.

I hope Sohyun will be advancing her career like Son Yejin, after all she was called “little yejin” growing up. 
I don’t buy into this concept of famous writers! It’s always the storyline that matters at the end of the day.  I hope this drama won’t flop like ruler a few yrs ago. The production team caved in to the pressure from management, and the drama just turned...

Is she getting a new manager? Or her long-time manager goes with her? She can take of herself, and yes I think she will leave In a couple of years like the ones who left before.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

36 minutes ago, sanghyuk said:

I am same with you, not putting too much hope in culture depot. I’ve noticed this one-mega star agencies, like culture depot and vast, tend to focus on the one mega star but not the other actors and actresses. If the agencies don’t plan to utilize good resources to support them, it’s really unfair to these actors/actresses.

I hope Sohyun will be advancing her career like Son Yejin, after all she was called “little yejin” growing up. 
I don’t buy into this concept of famous writers! It’s always the storyline that matters at the end of the day.  I hope this drama won’t flop like ruler a few yrs ago. The production team caved in to the pressure from management, and the drama just turned...

Is she getting a new manager? Or her long-time manager goes with her? She can take of herself, and yes I think she will leave In a couple of years like the ones who left before.

That is one of my worries as well that they would focalize too much on their super famous star JJH and won’t give too much attention to other stars including sohyun. But I suppose an advantage is that they have almost 20 years age difference, so they will rarely if ever compete with her for anything such as roles. The other two female actresses in culture depot also have huge age differences from sohyun as well. So maybe this will lead to sohyun getting a good spotlight in the agency, at least I hope so. But yeah, I’m personally not going to hope too much. I don’t want to get disappointed :lol:

I agree, it would be a huge waste to not utilize the potential in talented people in their rosters including sohyun. It’s interesting to me that sohyun was the biggest star in ET but they chose not to promote her well especially in 2020, they chose to upload mostly updates on rookie actors over her on their Instagram acct... :(

Yes, a career trajectory like son ye Jin would be a great inspiration, sohyun got a huge start and she is only 21 :) if we think about it, most of the super hallyu stars didn’t get a super mega drama international hit until they gotten way older. Son Ye Jin had her first huge international drama hit only just last year and she’s 39. JJH had love from another star when she was 32 and Song Hye Kyo had descendents of the sun at 34. So to me, there’s no huge hurry to push her to super stardom. It will come at the right timing :blush:

i agree storyline is the most important overall. For me, I always think writer PHR is the best writer although she never had a huge hit. Her characters and storyline are generally very rich. I like her better than writer of love from another star and writer of goblin. Tbh I rather sohyun choose a drama with a wonderful script with rich and diverse characters over a generic drama that has a high chance of being successful. In my opinion I don’t like most of writer kes dramas, they can be fun and entertaining and I can see why are successful, but to me they feel so empty and so simple. I think it’s her assistant writers that are the ones that influence a quality of her dramas. Www search and inside beauty writers were once her assistant writers, and those were well done dramas in my opinion. 

shes keeping her current female manager. Theyve been together forever :)

@sanghyuk welcome by the way, I don’t think I’ve seen you here before! Thanks for sharing your thoughts 

:sipsboba:

• Blob 1

@elan1thanks! :selfie2:I don’t usually express my opinion and I can’t say I am a big fan of any actors/actresses though there are a few of them that I follow because of their acting skills and their clean, genuine personality and work ethic.  I start to write more as Kdrama have more international exposure. I write to respect these actors/actresses as normal people who have passion in acting. They still have to deal with stress, pressures from their jobs and also have Interests/needs (traveling, dating, etc) like us.  I hope my opinions are fair, unbiased and respectful! :blush:

• Where's My Oppa? 1

2 hours ago, sanghyuk said:

@elan1thanks! I don’t usually express my opinion and I can’t say I am a big fan of any actors/actresses though there are a few of them that I follow because of their acting skills and their clean, genuine personality and work ethic.  I start to write more as Kdrama have more international exposure. I write to respect these actors/actresses as normal people who have passion in acting. They still have to deal with stress, pressures from their jobs and also have Interests/needs (traveling, dating, etc) like us.  I hope my opinions are fair, unbiased and respectful! :blush:

That’s fair, as much as I love sohyun, I am fully but embarrassingly aware that at times I could use my time more wisely and not spend too much time idolizing her. It’s a habit I recognize I need to work on because life is short :lol: So come to think of it, it’s a positive thing you’re not a huge fan of any actor or actress :) 

I appreciate your mentality and your thought process in writing, it’s very considerate and empathetic! There’s too many cold-hearted hobgoblins on the internet. 

it’s great that you strive to be fair and impartial in your writings! A lofty but noble goal :glasses:

9516-AB39-E0-B3-4329-9-FAC-42-B2-C77-A63

this is sohyun new way of making friends by threatening them with a knife? :joy:

• Blob 2

7 minutes ago, sanghyuk said:

@elan1people like me, need to receive info about Kdrama from resourceful people like you, so please updating this forum! :grin: It’s a learning process for us all to spend our time wisely. Just enjoy the process!

thank you for the encouragement :) 

:offtospace:

• Blob 2

2 hours ago, yeli said:

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/01/18/kim-so-hyun-is-mesmerizing-as-a-warrior-princess-in-new-stills-from-sageuk-drama-river-where-the-moon-rises/#comment-701723

If anyone’s interested to read KP’s article. Most comments are ok, nvm 1 or 2 comments inducing fan wars.:wink:

Hahaha. I like the Queen of Saguek title part. For me, both So Hyun and Yoo Jung deserve the title. It is not exclusive to only one. These girls have proven that when it comes to saguek, they can be trusted 100%.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

52 minutes ago, Breeze said:

elan1There is an hour apart between my two post. I pay particular attention. I waited an hor to share ,especially.

Strangely on my phone, it didn’t show an hour difference although it was very close but I’m sure it’s just an error on my phone gadget then :lol: sorry~~~

4 hours ago, yeli said:

http://koalasplayground.com/2021/01/18/kim-so-hyun-is-mesmerizing-as-a-warrior-princess-in-new-stills-from-sageuk-drama-river-where-the-moon-rises/#comment-701723

If anyone’s interested to read KP’s article. Most comments are ok, nvm 1 or 2 comments inducing fan wars.:wink:

interesting and encouraging read :) 

1 hour ago, Erick Miranda said:

Hahaha. I like the Queen of Saguek title part. For me, both So Hyun and Yoo Jung deserve the title. It is not exclusive to only one. These girls have proven that when it comes to saguek, they can be trusted 100%.

tbh the commentator who mentioned that most of the titles have been given to many actresses, is actually telling the truth :lol: no one truly owns the titles by themselves (there isn’t any polling or any big group of critics or experts that vote and give a title to someone :P) but it’s nice to acknowledge people with compliments even if they are similar praises :) 

is it asking too much for an appearance of her brother in the drama? :joy:

I think we will see melodrama genre in moon river as well, she is so good at making us sympathetic to her cause. She has such great crying skills as well :bawling:

• Blob 3