✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

48 minutes ago, Erick Miranda said:

She may be doing it in the near future. I guess being out of the public eye for a while will not hurt her popularity. 

For the PR team, yeah, I just hope that they will give her the promotion that she deserves after all her success. I think this is the perfect time to widen her gap against her competitors who we know did not perform well last year. 

Sure as long as the while doesn't turn into 6 months or a year. I mean she is still a rising star from what I've understood. Promotions would be logical frankly. 

The 11 Best Korean Dramas of 2019

Discover the top Korean dramas of 2019 across genres like historical, romance, action, and more—with streaming links included.

Many great Korean dramas came out in 2019. Alas, you probably don’t have unlimited time—so which 2019 K-dramas should you prioritize watching?

This list of the Best Korean Dramas of 2019 can help you decide.

Here, Cinema Escapist has picked the top Korean dramas of 2019—across a variety of genres like romance, action, conspiracy, historical, and more.

Several criteria informed our selections. Foremost, the K-drama had to start broadcasting in 2019. This disqualified worthwhile hits like Sky Castle and Memories of the Alhambra that began in 2018. We then found 2019 K-dramas that had the best combination of high entertainment value, societal relevance, and international streaming availability.

Using these factors, we’ve come up with 11 choices for 2019’s best Korean dramas. We’ve also included streaming links for easy watching. Take a look!

10. Love Alarm

hqdefault.jpg

Starring: Kim So-hyun, Jung Ga-ram, Song Kang | Genre: Romance, School, Comedy, Friendship

On the surface, Love Alarm might seem like another standard teen romance drama. If you enjoy such dramas, then great—the show does pretty well at executing upon that formula. However, if you want a Korean drama that has more meaning, Love Alarm can check that box too.

Set in a high school, the drama imagines a world in which people use an app called a “Love Alarm” to find romantic matches. In this world, a popular kid named Hwang Sun-oh (Song Kang) develops feelings for an orphaned girl named Kim Jo-jo (Kim So-hyun) amidst the societal expectations and stresses that come with using Love Alarms.

Though Love Alarm isn’t depressing, it has echoes of the popular dystopian series Black Mirror. In many scenes, the drama highlights the self-esteem and mental health issues that come from social media.  As debates around social media’s ill effects rage, Love Alarm feels especially timely.

Learn more about Love Alarm in our full-length review.

Watch Love Alarm on Netflix

https://www.cinemaescapist.com/2019/12/best-korean-dramas-2019/

• Like 1

13 hours ago, petunia said:

I wouldn't call it normal. Most celebs follow up their success with at least a fan meeting or tour like jang dongyoon. I don't think I've even seen her in a magazine since I started following her with love alarm. To be honest not promoting her is the same as wasting her potential. What kind of company is it? I've seen the website and it was kinda boring. Are they a small company because they need a better pr management team and better aesthetics. 

You’re prob right! I’m haven’t seen her do a magazine spread since 2018. On the bright side she’s still doing public appearance by presenting at music award shows every year, most of her peers don’t do that. 

6 hours ago, elan1 said:

You’re prob right! I’m haven’t seen her do a magazine spread since 2018. On the bright side she’s still doing public appearance by presenting at music award shows every year, most of her peers don’t do that. 

Good for her and that's great. Maybe my expectations are too high since I'm used to seeing celebs promote themselves in numerous ways after successful dramas but frankly I think a lot more could be done. Not complaining just making an observation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petunia said:

Good for her and that's great. Maybe my expectations are too high since I'm used to seeing celebs promote themselves in numerous ways after successful dramas but frankly I think a lot more could be done. Not complaining just making an observation. 

It’s perfectly understandable! We all want the best for sohyun :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, petunia said:

So does anyone know what to expect for love alarm season 2? Do we think possibilities for season 3 are high? Spoilers minus endgame will be appreciated. 

The only thing I think we can expect is that they will prob show stronger focus on the second male lead and Jojo to have an equilibrium in the love triangle. There’s no end game because the webtoon is not finished yet. 

third season is possible because I think the kingdom will have a third season. 

12 hours ago, elan1 said:

The only thing I think we can expect is that they will prob show stronger focus on the second male lead and Jojo to have an equilibrium in the love triangle. There’s no end game because the webtoon is not finished yet. 

third season is possible because I think the kingdom will have a third season. 

My guess a) 3 seasons is the general trend for popular netflix dramas b) they want to milk the love triangle but not too much for people to lose interest. If the drama concludes before the webtoon it'll be interesting to see who they chose for endgame. Secretly hoping for sunoh. Hah. 

• Insightful 1

On 1/14/2020 at 11:52 AM, elan1 said:

It’s perfectly understandable! We all want the best for sohyun :)

To be honest I've never been this invested in a celeb before. Makes me weirdly giddy with excitement. Good actors do that to you I guess. 

• Awesome 1

On 1/15/2020 at 3:01 PM, Breeze said:

Thanks to you I discovered this youtube channel and just finished binge watching all the kim sohyun videos from this user. Time well spent. 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote vids
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, petunia said:

This is going to sound repetitive

You're right, it does sound repetitive. Because it IS. There is nothing at all "weird" about her low visibility after the last Drama. She has a life, both personal and professional, and she has no obligation to meet your  insistence that she should behave in a manner YOU deem appropriate or acceptable. It's your fixation, as expressed by your ad nauseam posts about it, that is weird, not her actions. 

6 hours ago, petunia said:

This is going to sound repetitive but I still think it is super weird how kim sohyun has no promotions since her dramas ended. 

Been following her for years and I believe this is normal (for her)...

Once she's in hiatus, we rarely has any update of her even from her IG. I hope you can bare it for awhile :sweatingbullets: it is drought. Yes, it is.. Everyone missing her and you're not alone.. 

She's enjoy living in her quiet space and this is usual her.. She's not into exposing her daily life routines/activities and i think now she is in her resting mode before immerse into Jojo's character..

So, i just hope we can meet her again after her mc-ing at SMA (hopefully) done. But if not, it's okay... Just meet her again in her next projects.  

tenor.gif

• Love 1

The directors of Spy in Disguise are fans of korean dramas.They esp like RaRo the scene whr Doojoon put on headphones on Sohyun, the surrounding bg was blurred, lights flickered & flower petals fall out of nowhere. "It was magical & romantic" Bt dat's frm the teaser tho

• Like 5