✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

5 minutes ago, petunia said:

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarity. So they're friends? I liked their chemistry in page turner.

Also they had great chemistry in while you were sleeping too. She was featured in a couple episodes. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, petunia said:

That makes sense. Thanks for the clarity. So they're friends? I liked their chemistry in page turner.

Yes theyre friends :wub:

Thanks for clarifying my comment @slarti @elan1

Sohyun and Shin Jae Ha also was paired up in While you were sleeping, ive watched their scenes a million times already :heart:

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, aineofcebu said:

Welcome welcome welcome :blush:

She's indeed acted in a lot of projects already since young, if you want to see her doing child counterparts of the leads then you should watch Moon Embracing the Sun, I Can Hear Your Voice and Missing You, it's in Missing You that i really fall into her acting :heart:

Seconded to Page Turner :wub: dont miss it :heart:

You can watch her movie, Pure Love, too :wub: 

Enjoyyy 

oooo!! Thanks thanks! I be sure to watch Pure Love.

Now Page Turner is on my list and Reset will be next.

I guess there i shall skip Ruler. Hehe~~

Thanks so much recommendation! I will going to catchup on her doing child counterparts of the leads.

Appreciate so much! I didnt expect Kim Sohyun to get so much love even on international basis. And now with Love Alarm i hope she her career will be explosive and at the same time take care of her health~

Kyaahhh~ im excited and so happy for Kim Sohyun to receives so much love! :wub::wub:

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, petunia said:

I'm a newbie too and I've been doing the same. Just binged a few her dramas myself. I'm waiting to binge bring it on ghost after tale of nokdu ends. Love alarm got me interested in her. She's definitely a high quality actress. I'd add page turner to your list as a must watch. 

oh yes!! Bring it on Ghost will be on Netflix soon if you have it. And when she acted in Bring it on Ghost that makes me hooked on more. She can be badass.

Im gonna catch Page Turner soon. Then it will be Reset.

She acting with people older than her age, she can match well and doesnt even feel childish. She more feels matured and she can adapt well to all the roles given to her~~~:wub::wub:

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, aineofcebu said:

@superman26 @petuniaTo see the other side of Sohyun, you can watch her eps from lifetime channel last year. Theres a lot in Youtube :wub::wub:

Omgeeee!!! this is gem! i didnt encounter this! and Kim Sohyun have instagram as well? Wow!! This exceed my expectation! usually some of the actress i like seldom on social media! this is really good. This youtube story feels abit more personal in like getting to know her outside of acting. Very coooolll! thanks for the links! im so glad! There are alot more i can watch Kim Sohyun on. :D:D:DD:D:D:D

• Like 5

2 hours ago, elan1 said:

Hiiiiii! Welcome! Hope to see you around more on this forum! 

although it’s only 3 episodes, page turner is awesome! Also the one episode special ,”we all cry differently” is great too! I’m excited for her future too ^^ 

She is the female lead but the writer did her wrong and treated her more like a supporting character. She’s barely in the show esp early on in the series. Her character wasn’t given much to do. The second female lead got more screen time and more actions in the story. Despite that, she still did her best and gave a good performance although the writer wasted her talents. I would rather just watch clips of her of that show on YouTube like her kissing scenes and etc lol 

although in goblin, she had a cameo, she was more important to the story than in ruler... and that’s sad LOL 

That explains all the  complaints I've been seeing on the tale of nokdu forum. One less drama for me to see then. I've seen the kiss scene that someone posted on the tale of nokdu forum and I did not like it. It looked like he would break her neck any minute. Not my idea of a good kiss scene.

42 minutes ago, elan1 said:

they’re saying that he would often comment on her instagram acct. 

Now that you mention I think I saw a post that he sent a message to their radio appearance. When they went to kbs cool fm. Sweet.

42 minutes ago, aineofcebu said:

Yes thats her puppy, Mongsuk :wub:

Personally, i think Sohyun is really a private person but shes not against into using sns to make sure shes connected to her fans. Thats why tidbits of her replies to her costars in sns are really precious already (for me) :joy:

@superman26 @petuniaTo see the other side of Sohyun, you can watch her eps from lifetime channel last year. Theres a lot in Youtube :wub::wub:

Her dog is very cute. Is it a puppy it looks so small. She seems to be a bit too private on her instagram but in the making videos I saw for tale of nokdu is super cheerful and bright. I don't know how she was with her other costars but it is so fun watching her and dongyoon fight like 10 yr old. I would probably be laughing harder if I actually understood what they were saying. 

I saw that series @angrytomato recommended it earlier. It helped be get over the frustrations of episodes being cancelled due to baseball. She is a ball of sunshine. Very chatty just like she is in the tale of nokdu making videos.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

37 minutes ago, superman26 said:

And now with Love Alarm i hope she her career will be explosive and at the same time take care of her health~

Definitely she’s a trooper, one of the most hardest working actors hence her long list of works. I can’t wait for season 2 of love alarm, when will they announce it ! :sweatingbullets:

20 minutes ago, petunia said:

looked like he would break her neck any minute. Not my idea of a good kiss scene.

LOL there are more heart fluttering scenes in that drama besides that one and it does look like her neck was going to snap hahaha 

also when are they releasing her 2 Japanese songs that she made? Didn’t they said it was suppose to come out second half of 2019? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

33 minutes ago, superman26 said:

oh yes!! Bring it on Ghost will be on Netflix soon if you have it. And when she acted in Bring it on Ghost that makes me hooked on more. She can be badass.

Im gonna catch Page Turner soon. Then it will be Reset.

She acting with people older than her age, she can match well and doesnt even feel childish. She more feels matured and she can adapt well to all the roles given to her~~~:wub::wub:

I've already put in a reminder for it. Badass is always a good look. I haven't heard of reset before. I'll look it up maybe I missed it on her very long filmography. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, petunia said:

reset

Reset is her first female lead role unless you count ma boy (also only 3 episodes). The story of reset is okay but her character is great and she’s also badass there too, she’s part of a teen female gang early on in the show. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, superman26 said:

Thanks so much recommendation! I will going to catchup on her doing child counterparts of the leads.

Appreciate so much! I didnt expect Kim Sohyun to get so much love even on international basis. And now with Love Alarm i hope she her career will be explosive and at the same time take care of her health~

I don't know how big her popularity is on an international level but love alarm definitely boosted it. I know I was obsessed with the drama which is why I went into a kim sohyun binge. There wasn't much song kang material to watch since he is new. I was charmed by their chemistry but I was captivated by her acting. I would love to know more about her. Especially after tale of nokdu I'm a huge fan. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, elan1 said:

Definitely she’s a trooper, one of the most hardest working actors hence her long list of works. I can’t wait for season 2 of love alarm, when will they announce it ! :sweatingbullets:

LOL there are more heart fluttering scenes in that drama besides that one and it does look like her neck was going to snap hahaha 

I kinda like KSH in Love Alarm, at least this drama doesnt make her look damsel in distress and potray a strong character which seldom in drama it have. Hehe. The heart fluttering scenes are sooo nice and im so looking forward to watch it for Season 2! Hope same cast and everything will be d same. #TeamHyeyeong Fighting! Kekekekeke~~:sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, petunia said:

don't know how big her popularity is on an international level but love alarm definitely boosted it.

I don’t think she is that well known yet but she deserves to be. I’m still waiting for her to be part of a drama where it’s super beloved and super well known like love from another star. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

27 minutes ago, elan1 said:

I don’t think she is that well known yet but she deserves to be. I’m still waiting for her to be part of a drama where it’s super beloved and super well known like love from another star. 

I never finished my love from another star nor did I ever understand its popularity. I understand why fans want big budget hyped dramas but I prefer quality dramas. As pissed as I am with the ratings for tale of nokdu the drama is great. Being under appreciated sucks for sure. 

34 minutes ago, elan1 said:

Reset is her first female lead role unless you count ma boy (also only 3 episodes). The story of reset is okay but her character is great and she’s also badass there too, she’s part of a teen female gang early on in the show. 

I looked it up. She plays twin characters again? Sounds great to me. Let me see if I can find a good site to watch it. 

41 minutes ago, elan1 said:

also when are they releasing her 2 Japanese songs that she made? Didn’t they said it was suppose to come out second half of 2019? 

They should have already announced season 2. I'm annoyed they keep making us wait for the obvious. That neck would definitely have snapped if they kept kissing. Japanese songs? Whats that about?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, faye406 said:

Welcome and Thank you everyone for keeping this forum alive..

And.. I'm never bored to share this fan made video that showcasing her acting range.. Feel free to watch it (again) :wub:

This video is awesome. I don't recognize most of the dramas but this girl can act. More dramas for me to binge watch. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, petunia said:

never finished my love from another star nor did I ever understand its popularity. I understand why fans want big budget hyped dramas but I prefer quality dramas. As pissed as I am with the ratings for tale of nokdu the drama is great. Being under appreciated sucks for sure. 

It’s mostly the chemistry between the two leads that I love the most in that show and the second male lead as well. The story and plot was non-existent in love from another star  lol tales of nokdu is a great show so far and deserves more love!

looked it up. She plays twin characters again? Sounds great to me. Let me see if I can find a good site to watch it.

No not twin characters. Her character is a doppelgänger for the male lead first love who got murdered long long time ago. There is no love line or romance in this drama. 

Japanese songs? Whats that about?

She wrote and sang two Japanese songs for her fan meeting in Japan in June of this year. But only those who attended the fan meeting got the cds. And it was announced it would be release for the general public later this year. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I feel like I have so much material to catch up on to fully understand what everyone is talking about. Is kim sohyun a singer? Her wiki page says she sang a few osts but I've seen many actors do that. I assume its fans service but writing and releasing songs in a completely different language. How come?

• Like 3