✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

3 minutes ago, petunia said:

point of miss granny was rediscover and redo a life of regrets and the message of family and taking loved ones for granted. If they turn it into a drama I'm worried they'll focus more on the romance aspect of it which would be very awkward or they turn it into a gag comedy like welcome to waikiki which would miss out on the original message. Unless they have a rock solid writer who knows exactly what plots they want to explore I don't want them to make it into a drama. Look at the mess they did with beauty inside which was a poignant movie. The only good thing about that was the chemistry between the actors but writing was a mess.

Even many Kdramas that are not based on anything can be bad, it just depends on the strength of the writer. Just like any show, miss granny can be good if there’s a solid director, writer, and cast. 

tbh I really liked the beauty inside drama, it was a guilty pleasure for me lol I loved the main female lead, she was so sassy haha 

• Like 3

Just now, petunia said:

These days I've seen actors announcing new dramas or movies even before they finish the one they have so I thought maybe kim sohyun has some other offers. She did do 2 dramas this year so I guess she needs some rest before the new of season of love alarm which they must renew unless the

Maybe movies but I haven’t heard of someone Filming  a drama, and then being cast in another drama immediately with the exception of Kim Jae young in secret boutique. He was filming two dramas at the same time lol 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Just now, elan1 said:

Even many Kdramas that are not based on anything can be bad, it just depends on the strength of the writer. Just like any show, miss granny can be good if there’s a solid director, writer, and cast. 

tbh I really liked the beauty inside drama, it was a guilty pleasure for me lol I loved the main female lead, she was so sassy haha 

You're right but bad because of poor original writing and bad because of poor adaptation are different things at least for me. I'm not a fan of remakes so I'll be hesitant if does go through. The quality of kdrama improved a lot this year so I'm hopeful for good original content again. A drama like  age of youth or be melodramatic might be good for kim sohyun and it'll be female centric as well.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

14 minutes ago, elan1 said:

Maybe movies but I haven’t heard of someone Filming  a drama, and then being cast in another drama immediately with the exception of Kim Jae young in secret boutique. He was filming two dramas at the same time lol 

I recall han jimin getting cast in one spring night even before dazzling aired and even jung haein got a new drama offer before one spring night ended. I only remember these two because I was following their dramas at the time.

Edit - Just recalled recently shin minah got a new drama but aide season 2 still hasn't aired. I remember thinking when I saw these news that maybe the trend is changing. I'm glad kim sohyun works a lot because I can see her in more dramas or movies.  

Edited by petunia
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

56 minutes ago, petunia said:

I don't know that just sounds like plot for the sake of plot. The whole point of miss granny was rediscover and redo a life of regrets and the message of family and taking loved ones for granted. If they turn it into a drama I'm worried they'll focus more on the romance aspect of it which would be very awkward or they turn it into a gag comedy like welcome to waikiki which would miss out on the original message. Unless they have a rock solid writer who knows exactly what plots they want to explore I don't want them to make it into a drama. Look at the mess they did with beauty inside which was a poignant movie. The only good thing about that was the chemistry between the actors but writing was a mess.

It's true that the writing of this to a drama is critical especially since an exisiting material can be a point of comparison, but there's no harm in trying. The advantage of a drama is that it can give depth to each scene that movies couldn't do due to limited time. But like you said, the writer should be able to flesh out the emotions from a particular scene without being draggy. Miss Granny drama is a double edge project, but I think it's worth the try.

1 hour ago, angrytomato said:

Of, course, Love Alarm season II :phew:

No news about season 2 but I feel they will announce it as soon as she finishes the drama

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, petunia said:

These days I've seen actors announcing new dramas or movies even before they finish the one they have so I thought maybe kim sohyun has some other offers. She did do 2 dramas this year so I guess she needs some rest before the new of season of love alarm which they must renew unless they want angry fans. 

She used to announce projects left and right during 2015-2016 era but I don't think that is possible since she's currently attending university. Her year long hiatus was due to schooling. I think the only feasible project that can suit her studies is Love Alarm, because she will have more scenes with Jung Ga Ram (as per the webtoon) who is her classmate in univ. I think they can sync their sched so that they can attend univ and film at the same time. She doesn't seem to take movies but I think she wants to have one

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Mongsuk said:

he used to announce projects left and right during 2015-2016 era but I don't think that is possible since she's currently

2018 was actually a pretty busy year as well. She was still filming radio romance, the Travel  reality show to California, she hosted the idol competition show under 19, and she started filming love alarm. 

• Insightful 1

32 minutes ago, elan1 said:

2018 was actually a pretty busy year as well. She was still filming radio romance, the Travel  reality show to California, she hosted the idol competition show under 19, and she started filming love alarm. 

I wouldn't consider the reality show and idol competition as hectic as in the drama. For TIMFT, it probably only took her 2 weeks at most to film everything inc her trip in US. For Under19, she can prerecord most of her scenes as an MC. Love Alarm has considerably a more lenient film sched since it's pre produced. I remember Sohyun saying that she can still take a stroll while filming. It was completely different in 2015-2016 when she had 4 dramas, 2 movies and plenty of endorsements, fansign events, fanmeetings (taiwan, hongkong and singapore) and awards night presenter (main MC for KBS which took like 4 hours). It was a huge treat for the fans, but she looked dead tired during those days

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Mongsuk said:

She used to announce projects left and right during 2015-2016 era but I don't think that is possible since she's currently attending university. Her year long hiatus was due to schooling. I think the only feasible project that can suit her studies is Love Alarm, because she will have more scenes with Jung Ga Ram (as per the webtoon) who is her classmate in univ. I think they can sync their sched so that they can attend univ and film at the same time. She doesn't seem to take movies but I think she wants to have one

So her and jung garam are in the same university? Great news but what does that have to do with syncing schedules? Isn't he 6 years older? He would be graduating while she'd be a fresher so how does it matter? Not to forget song kang is the lead actor there's no way they'd leave him out of season 2 or reduce his scenes. I've read the spoilers about who jojo ends up with but isn't the webtoon still ongoing? She could still end up with either boy in the drama version. 

• Insightful 2

15 minutes ago, petunia said:

So her and jung garam are in the same university? Great news but what does that have to do with syncing schedules? Isn't he 6 years older? He would be graduating while she'd be a fresher so how does it matter? Not to forget song kang is the lead actor there's no way they'd leave him out of season 2 or reduce his scenes. I've read the spoilers about who jojo ends up with but isn't the webtoon still ongoing? She could still end up with either boy in the drama version. 

Jung Ga Ram is 6 years older but he only entered Hanyang univ last year (2018) which is the same year as Sohyun. They even had a class picture together. Now with the male lead, nobody really knows who is the male lead but in the webtoon, Jojo will date both Sun Oh and Hye Young. So my expectation is that Jojo and Hye Young scenes will increase significantly in the 2nd season.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

18 hours ago, Mongsuk said:

Jung Ga Ram is 6 years older but he only entered Hanyang univ last year (2018) which is the same year as Sohyun. They even had a class picture together. Now with the male lead, nobody really knows who is the male lead but in the webtoon, Jojo will date both Sun Oh and Hye Young. So my expectation is that Jojo and Hye Young scenes will increase significantly in the 2nd season.

It took him 6 years to get enrolled? Did he get held back by military service? Poor guy must be the oldest person in the class. Whatever they do I still want song kang and kim so hyun for endgame. They had too much chemistry in season 1. 

• Like 3

Baby, It’s You!

There’s never a guarantee that a successful child actor will grow up to be a famous leading man or leading woman. For every Natalie Portman who matures into an Academy Award-winning actress, you have a slew of performers like Macaulay Culkin, who were beloved as children, but didn’t fare as well in their 20s and 30s.

So it is with great pleasure to see that some of our favorite K-Drama child actors are doing well in their more mature years (mature being a relative term, since they’re all still quite young).

The-Tale-of-Nokdu-main-cast-Kim-So-Hyun

Kim So-Hyun

Kim co-starred in “The Moon Embracing the Sun” (2011-2012), playing the pawn of a powerful family that wanted her to become the queen to secure their own place in Joseon’s royal court. Her nuanced performance as a tween earned her critical accolades in the media. She was dubbed the Queen of Child Actors and Nation’s Little Sister. She also slam dunked duel roles in “Who Are You: School 2015” and as a pianist who loses her eyesight in “Page Turner.” Since then, she has worked steadily, often playing characters much older than her biological age. She was 18 when she filmed the series, “Radio Romance,” where she played an assistant writer of a radio program with five years of experience. Her youthful appearance aside, Kim is skilled enough to pull off just about any role. More recently, she starred in “Love Alarm” and the new K-Drama “The Tale of Nokdu,” where she plays a gisaeng trainee.

https://blog.kocowa.com/baby-its-you/

• Like 2

This a preview for Entertainment Weekly! #TheTaleofNokdu casts will be on Entertainment Weekly tonight at 8.30PM KST

Netflix said, “Netflix members around the world enjoy watching the Korea original series 'Love Alarm' , sacred game" is the most popular" series in India, 'Murning Director Muranishi'. "Muranishi is the most successful of the original series ever released in Japan, and is especially loved throughout Asia." Financial Today
-
-
@wow_kimsohyun , daebak, "Love Alarm" is being loved by Netflix members around the world !!! Love Alarm team's hard work deserve the love 

• Like 2